pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > General Paintball Talk

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 10:26 PM   #1
taso_winforce
Razor Dre Powell

Send a message via AIM to taso_winforce
wiping 101

this was ripped off of "Fat Joe" from pbn and all credit goes to him.

This thread is dedicated to the fine art of wiping. I warn you, this thread is an out right class on how to wipe. Read if you want to learn but dont want to ask questions, or dont read if you dont want to hear tips on how to ditch those pesky hits.

Disclaimer- I in no such way take any responsibility for your or your teammates actions on the field. If you want to wipe, fine. Im not saying that I wipe, all Im doing is informing people who want to know the little things about getting rid of hits. Im not a pro, Im just telling what I know from experience and what I have seen done. Continue on if you wish to learn, or wish to add.

On another note, if your a reff or want to spot cheaters, read the following. If your hunting an animal, you know specifics about it, its foot print, marks it could leave on trees, methods of camoflaguing(sp) itself, etc. By reading this you'll know what too look for, if you see someone doing one of the following actions, you'll know what there up too and know what too look for and know to get there before all evidence is gone.

Do not clutter my thread with posts about how *** wiping is and stating I should be banned and all who wipe should be banned. If you think wiping will go away, the following is why it wont:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orignally posted by: Me
You guys who are whinning about wiping and saying we should break peoples hands with rubber mallets and comparing it to a thread about hacking and all that crap need to open your eyes.

Wiping will have 0 effect on the world outside your game. None. No one else cares if someone wiped against you except you and your team. No one. People will see it and say "oh, thats bull****" but they wont do a damn thing about it. Know why? Becuase its a part of the game. There was an article in PGI a few months ago about how wipings a part of the game and its here to stay. You will never get rid of it no matter how many threads you close or whatever else you guys think you can do to prevent wiping from your computers. If anyone knows what months issue that PGi was please let me know, I wanna pick it up for that article. Or if someone has it I'll buy it off you. Anyway, point being...

Wiping is just as much a part of the game as pass interference or holding is in football or a hack or a charge is in basketball. EVERY sport has ways of bending and breaking the rules. If you think paintball is any different you need a swift kick in the *** and a reality check. For some reason paintballers seem dumber then people in other sports. If in football somone gets held, people dont go out and start riots and ***** non-stop and write letters to magazines whinning how if they hadnt held me I could have made my block and we could have scored. No, you dont see that. But in paintball you do. Kids like the ones posting in here write to magazines like APG, PB2Xtremes, etc. whinning about how some kid "wiped" a hit off his hopper or his leg and that its giving paintball a bad name, when in reality, no except you cares. It doesnt give paintball a bad name, no one outside paintball is going to look at the game and say, "oh, they wipe hits, this sport is not appropriate for any kind of public viewing." They look at things like kids shooting up street signs and shooting pedestrian out for walks. Thats what gives paintball a bad name, not wiping. If you choose to wipe, fine, I dont care. If I hit you once I'll hit you again.

People just need to learn to grow up and accept it as part of the game. In rec ball I can see it being annoying. Yes, your not playing for anything except the fact you like playing the game, and when someone wipes in a rec game, they should be confronted about it. Tournaments and such, wiping will happen no matter how many cameras, reffs, spectators, or whatever you have one ach field. Its human nature to win, and if winning means wiping, then wipe it is. So please, stop *****ing about wiping and saying stupid things like "we should smash there hands with hammers" or "threads that teach how to wipe are like teaching how to hack computers." Its nonsense, hacking someones computer is against the law because its an invasion of your personal privacy. Wiping doesnt invade anyones privacy, now does it? No. If you think people should have there hands smashed for wiping a hit, what about when a reciver gets shoved mid air and no pass interference is called? Should the defender have his skull caved in with a bowling pin? I think not. Not too mention people have lots of money invested in other sports. Paintball is so insignificant to people who dont play its rediculous.

Again, suck it up, quit whinning and either get that much better so that wiping wont effect the outcome, or learn to wipe yourself. Its a 2 way street, and there aint gonna be a road block put up. So get used to it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats my post from another thread where people made outrageous claims and such about wipers.

Now, on to the good stuff.

Goggle hit-The most satisfactory feeling in the world is wiping a goggle hit. Dont wear a visor on airball, and if you get shot in the face, shove your mask in the bunker and turn your head, and presto, no more goggle hit. Use your hand to touch it up a little if need be. I've heard this is very hard to do with Dye masks, I know for a fact it works with proteus/flex 7 masks. another way is to pull a lasoya. reach for your squeegee(this depends if you have that coller where you keep the squeegee) and have your hand slide over the mask

Gun hits-Wiping gun hits can be such a pain in the *** on guns with milling and cockers......jesus christ, ever tryed to wipe a hit on an adrenalin angel? good luck, i was considering getting a gun with no milling what so ever, like a stock IR3 or stock LCD so I wouldnt have that problem, but then i realized what good is winning if you dont look good doing it? At least if I lose i'll look good...but whatever.

Off the break- Chest hit off the break? No problem, do the pete rose dive into the bunker. It looks a little suspicous for us back guys going to a enter can or soemthing, so use this accordingly. This works well for fronts, because your expected to dive, make sure whatever part thats hit comes in contact with the ground.

Backs- off the break, put your hand over your mask to shield it from any balls coming in. The ball is more likely to bounce off your hand (which would have hit your face) and if it doesnt bounce, just grab your gun and keep the hit on the handle. Reach for a pod or get on the ground and get rid of it.

Hoppers- Hopper hits are easy, just go to "reload", but drop to your knees to do so and wipe it off on your leg or knee. If you get hit in the side of the hopper, rub it against a bunker, but dont be obvious. Hide it for a few minutes and act like its not there, if no reffs saw it, wipe it off on the bunker.

The key is to make getting hit as subtle as possible, and to have as little reaction as possible. If you jump around when you get hit there gonna know if you stay in.....so if you get gogged, you gota be lax and always know where the reffs are, pay as much attention to the reffs positions and where they look and such as you do to whats going on. Theres so much more to paintball then being able to snap, play a bunker tight, etc. Being good at wiping is adding a whole different dimension to the game. Once you get the basics down, your golden, because you be creative and see what works at your own risk, or try tryed and true methods of wiping. Its up to you, Im in no way supporting people who want to wipe, I do it when i feel its nessacery, more importanlty I feel its justified. If you wipe and get caught its your own damn fault, and when everyone else stops wiping I'll stop, but we all know that aint gonna happen....

Feel free to add your own little hints and tips. Again, use these at your own discretion and more importantly, your own risk. Would paintball be a better place without wiping? Yes, of course, but theres always going to be people who will goto any lenght to win, so you mine as well learn how they do it. It may help you in more then just the obvious ways.

this was ripped off of "Fat Joe" from pbn and all credit goes to him.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:47 PM   #2
ElectroCanadian
Banned

Idiot

Ya, my opinion is, your an idiot!
Old 07-25-2003, 11:18 PM   #3
SinfulCindy
Bite me.

Re: Idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by ElectroCanadian
How's he an idiot? I think this thread has a very good point about wiping being part of the game. I've seen some tips about wiping from pro players in a paintball magazine once along with other ways to cheat like a pro. Everyone cheats. Who cares, really, it's only a game (unless if that game could've won you money or some sort of very big prize. Other than that, you shouldn't whine about it.)
Old 07-25-2003, 11:39 PM   #4
thepeashooter

Re: Idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by ElectroCanadian

wiping is part of the game
but so are dirty hits in hockey, do we like to see dirty hits in hockey??no

It does happen but nobody wants it either then the people who arnt good enough to play fairly...i admit I have wiped before but now I have realized how stupid and childish it is...I try and set an example by making people play honestly..If every1 wiped paintball wouldn't be a great sport and it would start to go down the gutter...I think in tournaments they should set fines for people who wipe

So I hope everyone will lead by example and not wipe

and now im going to bed cuz i gotta get up early 2morrow morning to go camping for a week

Last edited by thepeashooter : 07-25-2003 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-26-2003, 02:32 AM   #5
Blacksheep
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Blacksheep Send a message via Yahoo to Blacksheep
This is why left the sport....
Old 07-26-2003, 03:24 AM   #6
LAMANTEthePBguy
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to LAMANTEthePBguy
with the exeeding number of newbies on this site i dont think its a good idea to enlighten them on the "black" side of paintball, and tell them how to get away with it
Old 07-26-2003, 04:53 AM   #7
AK47

Send a message via ICQ to AK47
what a noob, pm me if you want to be a proo wiper
I agree with AK47 he knows what he's talking about
Atleast someone noticed

If you don't like my posts, eat them
Old 07-26-2003, 05:28 AM   #8
cocker kid 2k2

Send a message via AIM to cocker kid 2k2 Send a message via Yahoo to cocker kid 2k2
Stop complaining. Wiping is an increadibly large part of the sport, whether you all like it or not, its not going anywhere, so when everybody else is wiping at your tourney, you'll be sitting there in the dead box getting 2nd to last cause you have "morals". Morals dont cut it in paintball, not when the tourney level gets higher and higher, if you see other players wiping, you have to wipe yourself to keep up with the game. Its just like everything else in paintball, most players are using fast markers and laying down paint, so you have to use a fast marker and lay down paint. Keep up or you'll be left behind in the dust.
Old 07-26-2003, 06:52 AM   #9
Bradster
Teh Noob

Send a message via AIM to Bradster
we all gotta admit we wiped at least once in a game.
Old 07-26-2003, 07:04 AM   #10
Lukie91985

Send a message via AIM to Lukie91985
That's why alot of people I know went to stock class. They were tired of sponsors yelling at them and people wiping thier hits.
Old 07-26-2003, 07:10 AM   #11
Sam#27
N.Y.C. Everything

Send a message via AIM to Sam#27
I dunno about u guys but i do not accept wiping as part of the game. Wiping is cheating and wiping ruins the game. Lets say you are snap shooting w/ somebody for a long time and u finally hit him. He claims that he was not hit so u have to continue snap shooting and u might go for a while longer, thus using more paint that could have been used else where thus wasting money. And making the day of paintball shorter because the paint you use in order to shoot the cheater a second time could be used in another game. In short i hate it when people cheat. I have done it but i regret it and i dont plan on doing it again. Cocker kid- Morals are intangable, they will carry you alot farther in life then your ability to cheat and your ability to lay down paint.
http://kardbordsamurai.tripod.com

Last edited by Sam#27 : 07-26-2003 at 07:15 AM.
Old 07-26-2003, 08:37 AM   #12
ythpstr2000
God is good...Always!

Location: Northwest Arkansas- Where when you call on God, the call is local! ;p
Send a message via ICQ to ythpstr2000 Send a message via AIM to ythpstr2000 Send a message via Yahoo to ythpstr2000
Quote:
Originally posted by Sam#27
Cocker kid- Morals are intangable, they will carry you alot farther in life then your ability to cheat and your ability to lay down paint.
Very well said. As a Christian player on a Christian team I have a whole lot more on my mind then being able to cheat.

I do have a cool wiping story though. It was just a rec game, but cool anyways. I had the right tape and just won a paint trade and now come out the left to see whats toward the center. My teammate just won a paint trade also, but the kid drops down and is behind his bunker wiping. He didnt come up far at least 30 seconds or longer. My teammate is yelling for a ref and yelling at the kid. I told him just lay down the paint (Id been wanting to bunker someone all day long...) so as he is laying the paint I come around the corner shooting the guy as hes sitting there wiping his gun! Put 3 on him and moved up to the next bunker, but as I get there a kid leans out the side to see whats happening. A double bunker! Loved it, but thats where the heroism ends. I got cocky and we where closing in on the last guy, and we have 3 left of our original 5, so no rush right. No, I want 3 bunkers in a row. Too bad he knew I was coming and came out and tagged me as I ran up. Oh well, my double bunker still makes me cool...
right? lol
Old 07-26-2003, 10:10 AM   #13
taso_winforce
Razor Dre Powell

Send a message via AIM to taso_winforce
Hey AK if you have better ways go ahead and share them.

if you get hit ont the fingers/knuckles... use that hand to crawl around

If you get hit in the jerysey rub up against your bunker if there is tons of paint onit, that will cover up a hit no problem

Shoot the inside of your bunker as u run to it, so i'ts always an option to rub against, blending in a real hit....CHEATERS!!!

If your about to make a run up a tape, call the nearest ref on the other teams side to you for a paint check, then as soon as he gets there take off on your run. He'll be behind you so if you do get hit during your run he wont be able to see it until you call yourself out and turn around.

foot hits are probably the easiest o get rid of, if you get it on the foot, anywhere but the top, just slide it right across the ground.

ALso, when running, pump your arms REALLY hard and if you get hit in the chest, use your free hand to wipe while running, its what I do. I think wiping with your hand is better than rubbing in bunkers.

Say your front guy is running to get the flag, or just off the break and he

gets a gun hit. He can do a slide and shove his gun under the desired bunker, then pull it out once he sits up. It works every time.

If u get shoot in the sholder whip the hit with ur tank

dont use a tank cover, its easier to wipe hits off of the smooth tank than the tank cover...err

run with your hand in front of your lense, palm facing out, if you get shot in the palm, slide on it. easy.

wear big jerseys and barely tuck them into your pack, you'll never get a break on your stomach again.

wear a durag or sandana, i've taken like 5 or 6 direct head shots since i started wearing a sandana, havent had a break yet. they all bounce right off...

barrel hits..bah, nobody calls out on those...just act like your cleaning your gun off, wipe it down with your hand. doesnt even look suspicious, people wipe dirt off of their barrels all the time.

if you get shot in an obvious place thats eventually going to be seen and you cant wipe it, run down the field and bunker who ya can.

ok if you get hit in the leg or somehwere towards the lower end of you body drop to the ground and call for a check on your back/pack. While the ref is checking you have the perfect change to get rid of that hit on you leg.
Old 07-26-2003, 10:28 AM   #14
LAMANTEthePBguy
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to LAMANTEthePBguy
i think most of us agree that if there was 100% no wiping, the sport would be better. but it is impossible to stop it completely. Its like telling a cow to not "moo". Of course if you cant beat `em, join em
Old 07-26-2003, 10:44 AM   #15
Crash Danger
Pokey The Penguin

Location: Allentown, and they're closing all the factories down
Send a message via AIM to Crash Danger
The only thing you can do is light a person up so bad they can't wipe.

If someone ignores the "no wiping rule" I'll ignore the "no shooting a person more than 3 times rule"
Old 07-26-2003, 10:45 AM   #16
ythpstr2000
God is good...Always!

Location: Northwest Arkansas- Where when you call on God, the call is local! ;p
Send a message via ICQ to ythpstr2000 Send a message via AIM to ythpstr2000 Send a message via Yahoo to ythpstr2000
Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Danger
The only thing you can do is light a person up so bad they can't wipe.

If someone ignores the "no wiping rule" I'll ignore the "no shooting a person more than 3 times rule"
Old 07-26-2003, 11:04 AM   #17
Mutated Goose
Da Cheat is GROUNDED!

The only problems with those methods at my field is there's always people watching from the sidelines and they'll yell at the ref to check guys. But some of the better players here are skilled wipers and I have seen the superman-slide-wipe many times.

Quote:
Originally posted by levy10
im new to the sport not a newbie
Old 07-26-2003, 11:19 AM   #18
IromKnight
Banned

When did this "part of the sport" **** start? Cheating is cheating, and should be looked down upon, not tolerated.

Last edited by IromKnight : 07-26-2003 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-26-2003, 11:22 AM   #19
Crash Danger
Pokey The Penguin

Location: Allentown, and they're closing all the factories down
Send a message via AIM to Crash Danger
Quote:
Originally posted by IromKnight
When did this "part of the sport" **** start? Cheating is cheating, and should be looks down upon, not tolerated.
I know just because you "can" doesn't mean you "should"
Old 07-26-2003, 11:23 AM   #20
pyropig
Click here

Re: Re: Idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by SinfulCindy
Who cares, really, it's only a game
Exactly right, it is only a game. But whats the point in cheating over a game? It ruins the game for the other person and makes you look like a loser imo.
Acid Blue Trigger Shoe
15 Round Tube
Acid Blue Center Feed Breech
Phog Member #216

Quote:
Originally posted by MuckRaker
I've found through three births that just the fact of being a Man is enough to piss off most pregnant women.
Closed Thread