pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > Impulse

Old 08-19-2003, 02:38 PM   #1
sIc
Team Widowmakers

Send a message via AIM to sIc Send a message via Yahoo to sIc
Is Vision Needed?

Lately the question of "do i need vision?" has been coming up a lot. Im gonna now explain when and why vision is and isnt needed.

Vision

So what exactly is vision? Well the vision eye was designed so that the user would no longer pinch a ball. Ever. The eye detects when the ball is not fully loaded into the gun, and stops the bolt from going forward. Therefor not allowing the ball to be pinched. This saving the trouble of your gun not performing up to standards at all times. And also saving you the trouble of cleaning all that paint out.

Downfalls of Vision

Of course there are very few down falls of vision, as it really cant harm anything. Thats not to say its not flawless. Its been said, that sometimes the eye has problems detecting dark colored paint, thus not saving it from chopping, and making vision worthless (with dark colored paint). Which i believe is being fixed by SP at the current time. The only other downfall of the vision eye, of course, is the price. Which i will now explain....

Is Vision worth the money?

Now this depends, its different with each person. First thing it depends on is, Do you have the money? If your well off, with tons of money (which i dont think many of us are, being teens and college kids) of course its worth it. Its saving you the trouble of chopping isnt it? But what about for the average joe, who has to work for every dollar? Well once again it depends, vision isnt always needed. If you know that you cant go over 10 bps, and have an egg or a halo. Then most likely no, you wont need vision. But what if you can shoot a little faster, but only have a revy? Well if you dont feel like buying a whole new hopper, then yes vision is for you. And if you must be absolutely safe, get halo and vision! Now of course there will be different scenarios, for every person. But i trust you guys have enough common sense to figure out if you really need it or not. (If not check the hopper report for BPS)

Feednecks and Vision

Feednecks are another thing that can help you decide whether or not you need vision. First off, lemme tell ya what hoppers go good with what feednecks. Almost all hoppers will work with High feednecks. This includes the Revy, Empire Reloader, Ricochet Ak, and 2k, and The Eggy 2. The halo on the other hand, will work better with a low rise because it is whats called force fed. Of course, you may still choose to use slower hoppers with Low rises, because its going to make you gun shorter. Either way, this is your personal preference.

EXAMPLE: A revy with a No rise is more likely to need vision, than a revy with high rise.

I know this part is rather confusing, if you still have some questions after reading this. Then post them.

Should i wait for WAS?

The WAS board is capable of 26 BPS, has the vision eye along with many other things. (Wicked Air Sports) Should you wait for was, well once again. IT DEPENDS. Can you personally wait that long for the better board? Or do you want to make sure you have no chops ever. Think of the hopper factor also, if you have a halo, you should be ok untill WAS, and so on. Down side, who knows when it will be out.

Speed of Vision

Due to Popular belief, Vision does not effect how fast your gun shoots. Heres what Boards shoot what speed, All Blue Light Cricket boards made before March of 03, shoot 13.7 Balls per second at the max, regardless of whether they have vision or not. All boards made after march of 03 are maxed out at 20 Balls per second. Once again, vision has no effect on this.

General FAQ For Vision

How much does vision cost?
*$150

Where can i buy the vision board?
*Many places, even smart parts themselves. Though E-Paintball Outlet is suggested.

Can i install it myself?
*Yes, but it is recommended a professional does it.

What do i suggest? (Ok so its not a FAQ, but maybe somebody will want to know )
*I personally have decided to wait for the was board, considering that your getting vision and more, for the same or even less of a price

Also, check out Assas!ns Thread about visionhere.

*sIc
03 Shocker #5054

Do i have the setup i said i would?
Feedback

Last edited by sIc : 08-25-2003 at 03:47 PM.
sIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 03:21 PM   #2
Mike spyderman
RATIFIED

i went ahead and got a vision eye for my rat, i didnt feel like waiting for the WAS board. I just installed it today and it works great!
Mike spyderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 05:30 PM   #3
Kraus
The Scenario Guy

I smell a sticky coming on...
Kraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 08:19 PM   #4
Teletras
-=Shocolate=-

Send a message via AIM to Teletras
was

I have a revy and no vision and ive chopped a bunch! I'm gunna try getting an egg 2 and then see what happens. If im still chopping, Im definitely getn WAS for Christmas.....(if its even out by then)
Teletras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 11:01 PM   #5
xLiLHockeyFreak
Poderator

Send a message via AIM to xLiLHockeyFreak
I think you might've forgot to say Vision is capped at 20bps.

[Forum Feedback] -
((( '03 Vision Shocker ))) - [eBay Feedback]
xLiLHockeyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 11:16 PM   #6
Beatmanias
My School...

Send a message via ICQ to Beatmanias Send a message via AIM to Beatmanias Send a message via Yahoo to Beatmanias
here's my opinion of it... I have no vision with egg2. For the past 3 months of usage... i have had 2 chops... but those were due to FSDO *not having the ball come out of the barrel at all* otherwise i wouldn't chop even during fast shooting. I don't think vision is necessary.... as for people with revy... you would need vision.
2k3 Impulse #23100
[size=6]

My Feedback
Beatmanias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 11:22 PM   #7
xLiLHockeyFreak
Poderator

It depends what kind of feed neck you use, with a high rise an Egg2 is good, which a no/low rise you may have some chops. But I have all after market internals, so I set my bolt pressure low so even with a no rise and no vision I HARDLY chop.

[Forum Feedback] -
Old 08-19-2003, 11:43 PM   #8
Beatmanias
My School...

Send a message via ICQ to Beatmanias Send a message via AIM to Beatmanias Send a message via Yahoo to Beatmanias
I have a check it low rise... as for bolt pressure... i have no clue what the pressure is. I dun have a gange there. All the i know that my pressure is set at 140. oh hey hockeyfreak... u think that red to black RAT impulse on ebay right now is one of them stolen one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tegory=16 048
2k3 Impulse #23100
[size=6]

My Feedback
Old 08-20-2003, 02:21 AM   #9
sIc
Team Widowmakers

Quote:
Originally posted by xLiLHockeyFreak
I think you might've forgot to say Vision is capped at 20bps.
Thanks, and done.

Ill also try to add a part about feednecks later....
03 Shocker #5054

Feedback

Last edited by sIc : 08-20-2003 at 02:25 AM.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:16 AM   #10
JTramoDude
***Support our Troops***

Send a message via AIM to JTramoDude
Quote:
It depends what kind of feed neck you use, with a high rise an Egg2 is good, which a no/low rise you may have some chops. But I have all after market internals, so I set my bolt pressure low so even with a no rise and no vision I HARDLY chop.
correct me if im wrong but arent shorter feednecks better for forcefed hoppers (egg, halo)?

'1972 Dodge Dart

cheap guns (cause honestly, who can afford cars AND paintball?)
kingman hammer
kingman "new" hammer

Quote:
Originally posted by kevinbo03

Smartparts with no space in-between is copyrighted. Reported.
JTramoDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 08:51 AM   #11
Beatmanias
My School...

Yea i think so too... longer feed necks are better for revvys... and other gravity feed.
2k3 Impulse #23100
[size=6]

My Feedback
Old 08-20-2003, 01:43 PM   #12
sIc
Team Widowmakers

There we go, feednecks are on there. Hopefully this is all. And i really hope this helps.
03 Shocker #5054

Feedback
Old 08-20-2003, 02:03 PM   #13
HockeyMW5

i just got my Vision Today from Countypaintball.com they delievered it in under 4 days. its easy to install (took me a LONG time b/c i was super careful. i have to say it helps alot
2k2 Impulse, Vision board (installed myself), ANS Jackhmmer II LPR, Blade Trigger, Vertical Max-flow, HALO B, NDZ No-Rise for halo, ACI Bulldog II 68/4500, NDZ Equalizer bolt (Flush Style), NDZ Slik Shot Ram, NDZ Titanium Pull-Pin, SS RAT Hole Hammer, NW 8 inch drop with on-off

2k2 Black unmilled viking
HALO B
HockeyMW5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 05:44 PM   #14
sIc
Team Widowmakers

I think this thread should be cleaned, locked, and stuck. Or at least put a link for it in one of the other stickies.

Anybody agree?

Sorry to sound, pushy, or braggish or whatever, but i really think it should be there. Do to the amount of questions over it lately.
03 Shocker #5054

Feedback

Last edited by sIc : 08-20-2003 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:56 PM   #15
Beatmanias
My School...

Well i think that would be nice... but doesn't matter what i think cause nobody around here cares about what others have to say anyways. But slc good job whether it does get stickyed or not
2k3 Impulse #23100
[size=6]

My Feedback
Old 08-20-2003, 05:59 PM   #16
Beatmanias
My School...

man slc i like ur gun... i wished that i would've saved up more and got a RAT!
2k3 Impulse #23100
[size=6]

My Feedback
Old 08-21-2003, 01:21 AM   #17
xLiLHockeyFreak
Poderator

Shorter feednecks are good for Halos, but not for Egg2s, they aren't quite "force fed" and they aren't quite as fast as Halo Bs.

[Forum Feedback] -
Old 08-21-2003, 02:27 AM   #18
sIc
Team Widowmakers

Hmmm why dont you write that part. I dont think i know to much about it, just write it on this thread and ill take my part out. or just pm me or something and ill put it in the big thread and put that it was by you.

Thanks Beatmanias
03 Shocker #5054

Feedback
Old 08-21-2003, 05:17 AM   #19
evan123

Send a message via AIM to evan123
i love it when people put, "i smell a sticky" it sounds so funny.

I smell sIc
evan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 03:40 PM   #20
Kyle's Ghost
400 FPS-IT HURTS

Send a message via AIM to Kyle's Ghost
Quote:

i have no vision...and i'm waiting for the WAS...my eggII with my stock high rise is crap...but with my friends low rise i never chop....with my high rise on the other hand i chop about 200 outta every 2000...yes it sucks to be me...but i am going to try out the WAS board and see if that helps....and then get mes a low rise...so in this case....i'm sorta opposite of what happens to everybody else
Kyle's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote