pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Air Systems

Old 08-25-2003, 06:30 PM   #1
bikerdude7200

Send a message via AIM to bikerdude7200
Gas System Accesories

There are many accesories for gas systems, and sometimes many useless threads on them. so i will make a post thats covers them all.

Gas Thru Stock

They are mounted on your bottom-line screws and with a remote attached to your air system. Useful for keeping your gun steady, but are you willing to pay? Not that common anymore.

Shown at the top of the picture, with a P stock in the middle (with a bottomline attached to a built in drop forward) and a plain T stock at the bottom.

Remotes

A selection of remote lines can be seen here.

Remotes screw into you ASA or drop and put the tank in a "remote" location. They come in stainless steel hose and coiled. The coiled is better, because it is more flexible. The remote make for faster snap shooting and faster breaks. They also act as an Expansion Chamber. All or most are tested to 3000psi.

On/Off Adapter

Turns your pin valve co2 or preset nitro tank into an on/off. Adds about 1.5in to your tank though.

This one is made by Smart Parts and is widely available.

Regulators

A selection of Regulators can be found here.

They regulate the amount of pressure that gets into the marker. When used with CO2, they will work best with an anti-syphon tube installed in the bottle.

This is the Shocktech version of the Custom Products regulator - a very good choice for it's relatively low price.

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 06-03-2005 at 10:10 AM.
bikerdude7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 06:39 PM   #2
bikerdude7200

more......

Expansion Chamber

A selection of expansion chambers.

Used for expanding liquid CO2 in to a gas. Although an old concept, very useful for those using a vapour CO2 tank.

The ACI six-stage expansion chamber with it's internal core shown next to it - good quality expansion chamber.

Drop Forwards/Cradles

There are a wide variety of drop forwards and cradles available - a selection are shown here.
Puts your tank underneath the the gun for a more balanced marker. And looks pretty good too. Not as popular as they used to be, and are now generally only used with the longest air systems.

Drop forward

Dye cradle to hold the Air America Raptor air system

Fore Grip

A small selection of gas-thru fore grips.

A hollow tube running up to for verticle adapter, just works as a grip and can get very cold using co2.

This gas thru-grip is made by Adrenalin Products.

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 06-02-2005 at 02:16 PM.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:40 PM   #3
bikerdude7200

Bottom lines and ASA's

A selection of ASA's can be seen here.

Used for putting the tank underneath the grip, using 2 screws. Pioneered by Lapco, and originally used with pump action markers with back bottle ASA's (commonly referred to as a "donkey") to lower the bottle. A hose would then connect the bottomline to the donkey. The modern equivalent of the bottomline is referred to as an ASA (Air System Adapter), a slightly confusing name, as both bottomlines and donkeys can be described by their function as Air System Adapters! Modern ASA's are often equipped with an on/off valve. Works with CO2 bottles and preset air systems.

Bottomline by Lapco.

Modern ASA with on/off - this one is a Check-It Uni Mount.

Macroline/Microline

http://pbreview.com/forums/showthrea...readid=124742A
Cockerkid's post on macroline and how to properly install it.
Plastic tube used for connecting air system to marker as an alternative to steel braided hose. Microline is a small bore hose, macroline has a wide bore. Macroline has more or less replaced microline, as it has a higher flow rate.

macroline

Fill Stations

Used to fill CO2/HPA tanks. For CO2 you need a siphon tube installed in the bulk tank to get your bottle filled properly. CO2 tanks are filled by weight, so you need a set of scales to make sure that the right amount of CO2 has been put in the tank. In the case of HPA, your air system will have a maximum fill pressure, and your tank is full when the gauge on the fill rig reaches this pressure. NEVER OVER FILL.

Dual valve CO2 fill station

4500psi rated air fill station to fit a DIN style SCUBA tank.

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 02-18-2006 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:21 PM   #4
bikerdude7200

Stainless Steel Hoses

An alternative to macroline or microline use for connecting your air system to your marker.

A selection of steel braided hose, including a remote line.

Hose adapters and elbows

Items that can necessary for connecting up your air system from your ASA to your marker.

A - Slinky Coiled Hose
B - Hose to Bottle
C - 1/8 Quick Release
D - 90 Degree Elbow
E - 90 Degree Swivel Elbow Push Fit
F - Straight Push Fit
G - Male to Male Adapter
H - Proflow In-Line Filter
I - ASA Adaptor
J - In Line Dump Valve
K - In Line On/Off Tap
L - Microline Kit

Gauges

A selection of the gauges that are available.

The gauge is used to measure the pressure in the marker or in an air system. They come in a number of sizes and styles, and a number of different pressure ranges from 0-100psi to 0-6000psi, depending on what they are being used for.

Large, Ashcroft style gauge.

KAPP branded microgauge.
A smaller version of the Ashcroft style gauge is available, amd is normally known as a minigauge.

Anti-Siphon tube

A tube installed inside a CO2 tank, connected to the back of the valve. The tube is bent upwards, away from the liquid CO2, so that no liquid CO2 enters the marker.

Siphon tube

A flexible tube with a weight on the end, attached to the back of the bottle valve, and designed to remain in the liquid CO2 at all times. This causes the marker to draw and run on liquid CO2. This was used with pump action markers and early semi-automatics to avoid velocity spikes that occurred when markers set to run on CO2 vapour occasionally drew liquid CO2 instead. By getting them to run on liquid all the time, the spikes were avoided and the markers became more consistent. Modern semi-automatics are less tolerant of liquid CO2, and an anti-syphon tube is a better set-up for these.

An unbent anti-syphon tube (brass), and a syphon tube (red) alongside a number of bottle valves.

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 06-02-2005 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:48 AM   #5
Goat Master
I love you?

I live in a small arse town in North Dakota we're talking about 10,000 people, small right? Well we don't have any certified air smiths. Where can I get an anti-syphon for my CO2 tank online? Pbgear will sell them but they require pro installation. You see my predicimate right?
Goat Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 11:10 AM   #6
LAMANTEthePBguy
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to LAMANTEthePBguy
Well, you might try asking a local welding store. They deal with tanks and stuff like that, and might be able to help you out. If you really think you want to, you could do it yourself. There is the danger that you can screw it up and possibly have a dangerous tank.
LAMANTEthePBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 11:18 AM   #7
Kowz_76
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Kowz_76
10,000 people small? I live in an area of about 1500.

Someone will know how to do it.
Kowz_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 11:28 AM   #8
Goat Master
I love you?

well it's small for me there's no airsmiths here XD
Goat Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 02:03 PM   #9
nole16k
New Nerve Owner

Send a message via AIM to nole16k
You can get CO2 tanks w/pre-installed a/s tubes here and here.

[ My Feedback - 2 ]
nole16k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 05:04 PM   #10
forumsk83r
u like my secksy muppet

Send a message via ICQ to forumsk83r Send a message via AIM to forumsk83r Send a message via Yahoo to forumsk83r
but i heard that you shouldnt get a pre installed anti siphon co2? correct me if im wrong

catch me on my aim, i never turn it off.... forumsk83r
forumsk83r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 01:42 PM   #11
uthanak2323

for some pre-installed tanks this is true, but if you read the description on the second link, it says screw the tank in untill the on/off is facing up, then turn it on.

as soon as i get soem money together in gonna get 2 of these tanks from the second link...
uthanak2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 02:19 PM   #12
forumsk83r
u like my secksy muppet

Send a message via ICQ to forumsk83r Send a message via AIM to forumsk83r Send a message via Yahoo to forumsk83r
haha 7 months old thread

catch me on my aim, i never turn it off.... forumsk83r
forumsk83r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:08 PM   #13
herbert

damn man i love these people who posting that up
herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 02:43 PM   #14
bobcool
100% GREEK

Send a message via AIM to bobcool
Quote:
Originally posted by jokesquad
Sorry to bring the thread back but the pictures don't work or maybe it's me
all you
bobcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 03:46 PM   #15
Uziel Gal
Legend

The links go to Action Village, but not to the specific items mentioned - with the age of the thread, chances are that the items that were linked to are no longer stocked by Action Village, so all the pictures and info have been removed from the site.

Remember, necromancy is a sin against nature, and digging up dead threads will result in arrest, a court appearance , and banishment to hell, to play airsoft for all eternity - LET THE DEAD THREADS REST IN PEACE!

If anyone wants to go through and restore all the links (preferably to a site that doesn't change its stock so regularly), fair enough, otherwise please let the poor thread die quietly.....

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 01:36 PM   #16
LAMANTEthePBguy
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to LAMANTEthePBguy
This thread is in the ultimate sticky, so don't go too hard on him Uziel
LAMANTEthePBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 04:16 PM   #17
Uziel Gal
Legend

Yeah, I noticed that later on - mainly because I thought it *would* make a good sticky if the links worked had a look, and there it was (actually I just wanted to string a sentence together with Smileys for a laugh! ).

Sadly, that probably means it's up to us to redo all the links.....

Oh well, I guess I have nothing better to do this weekend - though I had planned to have a plow through WGP. Aah, another week won't make any difference I guess! I'm sure Spyder and UTLM are doing a fine job!

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:09 PM   #18
BourneKiller

Quote:
Originally posted by Uziel Gal
Remember, necromancy is a sin against nature, and digging up dead threads will result in arrest, a court appearance , and banishment to hell, to play airsoft for all eternity - LET THE DEAD THREADS REST IN PEACE!
That take you quite a while to dream up this stuff, eh?

btw - paintballfirst.com is a good resource where things don't change much.
Looking for a new paintball marker? Click Here! Looking for the 2007 Proto Matrix VII? Hustle Paintball has them!
BourneKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:41 PM   #19
Uziel Gal
Legend

What more can a bored Police employee stuck in an office think about, with PBR having supplied such I fine selection of Smileys! Yes, my life sucks, and I need more to occupy my mind..... I am desperately trying to get the new job I'm after!

Where possible, I'll probably link the pictures to the review section, as that is about the most stable resource I can think of.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 06-02-2005 at 09:43 AM.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:42 AM   #20
BourneKiller

Quote:
Originally posted by Uziel Gal
What more can a bored Police employ stuck in an office think about, with PBR having supplied such I fine selection of Smileys! Yes, my life sucks, an I need more to occupy my mind..... I am desperately trying to get the new job I'm after!

Where possible, I'll probably link the pictures to the review section, as that is about the most stable resource I can think of.
Slacking on the job...
Looking for a new paintball marker? Click Here! Looking for the 2007 Proto Matrix VII? Hustle Paintball has them!
BourneKiller is offline   Reply With Quote