pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Indian Creek Designs

Old 10-13-2003, 02:22 PM   #1
F.O.D.
www.icd-owners.com

@@@Ultimate Upgrade FAQ@@@

Here is the Ultimate Upgrade FAQ as requested by many. Let me or a mod know of any typos or changes that need to be made. Well, here goes...

Trigger Frames
Stimulation has already done a very good Trigger Frame FAQ so there is no need to copy. Look here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=222612

High Pressure Regulators (HPR)
  • CP Regulator-A great regulator for its price and works extremely well! Fits on BKOs Review-Official Web Site
  • MacDev Gladiator-One of the best regulators on the market and the choice of many. Fits on BKOs with a little bit of hoaxing. Review-Official Web Site
  • DYE Hyper Regulator-Practically a Gladiator copy and is $40 more and CLAIMS to be Titanium when it is actually Aluminum. Does not fit on BKOs.Review-Official Web Site
  • AKA Sidewinder-A very nice regulator and the choice of many. The middle size (4 inch) works best. Fits on BKOsReview-Official Web Site
  • Bob Long Torpedo-A competitively priced regulator but does not work as well as the other higher end regs. Fits on BKOs.Review-Official Web Site
  • Air America Vigilante/Messiah- A good, stable regulator. Not positive if it fits on BKOs.Vigilante Review-Messiah Review-Official Web Site
  • Palmer Stabilizer-A positively awesome regulator with the quality that Glen Palmer always put into his products. The BEST regulator for CO2 (if you would like to use CO2, it is best to get the Male and Female Stabilizers to run on your gun) Fits on BKOs. Review-Official Web Site
HPR ASA Adaptors
  • Zenitram BKO ASA for Cocker LPR-A great ASA adaptor because it allows you to use an Autococker LPR on a BKO. (Out of production) Review-Official Web Site
  • Bushmaster 15* ASA Adapter-The one and only angled ASA for the Bushmaster. Gives it a fresh new look and makes it look like a totally different gun along with the Z grip. (Out of production) Review-Official Web Site
  • Check IT ASA-A quality ASA with two guage ports so that you can have the guage on either side. (Out of production) Official Web Site
  • MacDev ASA-A longer ASA so that the air can expand. (Out of production) Official Web Site
  • Lapco ASA Adapter-Different in the fact that it does not have a guage port and is in the shape of an L. (Out of production) Official Web Site
Low Pressure Regulators (LPR)
  • Zenitram Autococker LPR Adaptor-A $35 adaptor that allows you to use ANY Autococker LPR on your Bushmaster.Official Web Site
  • Vaporworks Autococker LPR AdaptorSame as the Zenitram and the price is within a dollar of the Zenitram, alsoReview-Official Web Site
  • MacDev Sonic LPR-A solid regulator from MacDev and is a bargain considering that it comes with an LPR guage for the price of the Autococker LPR package.Review-Official Web Site
  • ShockTech LPR Plunger-A valuable upgrade if you are considering keeping your stock LPR. Is a metal piston with two o-rings.Official Web Site
ValvesMost valves work about the same. Here is some in-depth info from ShootPaint:
Quote:
Originally posted by ShootPaint
I am not bias.

I have tested four different valves at this point.

Vapor
Red
Stock
My own valve.

With the red valve you will see about 10-20 FPS increase over the stock valve. Only down side to the red valve is the stem. I had to replace the stem on my red valve because it some got bent under normal use.

With the Vapor valve installed I saw about 15-25 FPS increase over the stock valve. In direct comparison to the Red valve I saw a 5-10 FPS increase with the Vapor valve. Nice thing about the Vapor Valve is the lifetime no leak gurantee on the cup seal!!!

After getting bored one night I took a stock valve and started moding it. By lopping off the top half of the valve I saw a increase of 10 FPS. By cutting a new cupseal I saw another 5FPS increase, the cupseal had a convex cut on it to help channel the air into the valve more readily. I then cut a oring groove on the stem of the valve. This yield another 4-5FPS. With this information in hand I went to making a valve of my own design.

The valve I created consisted of a ramped air passage inside of the valve. It was a stepped ramp similar to ramps used in the ports of an automobile.
Next we undercut the area between the orings.
Next we removed the top half of the valve between the orings.
The input of the valve was opened, dont remember exact measurments, to .500.
Then we cut a new cupseal with the cone shaped seal going into the valve.
Final project was cutting a new stem for the cupseal to sit on. We cut the stem down in the area that would be inside of the valve when it was open as well as added an oring to seal the back of the valve when the valve was opened.
After all this work we saw about a 25-30 fps increase in velocity. Our biggest problem was making the valve seal. We had repeated problems with it sealing.

So unless you want to put a lot of time into it and make your own I would recommend the Vapor Valve. It showed the biggest increase in FPS with our markers over any other valve that we have tested.
Rams
  • Solenoid Pressure (SP) Modded Ram-The SP mod is an innovation in electronic markers. It is the Level 10 of bushmasters because it reduces the solenoid pressure so that if a ball gets stuck in the breach, the bolt will bounce off of it instead of chopping it. (Out of production) Official Web Site
Bolts
  • Vaporworks Vapor Bolt-A reliable O-ringed bolt from Vaporworks. THE bolt to get if you have blowback problems. Review-Official Web Site
  • Tantrum Bolt-A little bit pricey and not worth the money when other bolts are have the price.Review-Official Web Site
  • Shocktech Stubby Bolt-A nice bolt but is so short that you need to use a straight shot to field strip it. Also does not have o-rings, not meant to cure blowback.Review-Official Web Site

Last edited by lotus_esprit5 : 03-08-2007 at 10:16 AM.
F.O.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 02:23 PM   #2
F.O.D.
www.icd-owners.com

Rises
Rises are mostly preference and are mostly preference. High rises do have a technical advantage if you have a Revolotion or EvLution because it will hold more balls.Chips
  • Shocktech Board-The Shocktech Board is programably the fastest at 66.6 Balls Per Second but is somewhat useless in the fact that no one can shoot that fast nor can a gun cycle that fast. It works similarly to the Chaos.
  • Chaos Board-This is the upgrade if you are looking for higher ROF. This does work in BKOs . **The Tantrum and Chaos are the SAME! Review-Official Web Site
  • 2003 Chaos Board-The same great board that we have come to love but now allows 2003 Bushmaster users to mount both the batter and board inside the grip frame. Official Web Site
BKO Volumizers
  • AKALMP BKO Mightey Max-Increases the amount of regulated air inside the BKO doubly so that you have no shoot down and higher flow.Review-Official Web Site
  • Vaporworks BKO Volumizer/Ram Cap-Works just about the same as the Mightey Max but holds more air. Review-Official Web Site
This was all written by úLB at pbnation, so you can all thank him.

Last edited by F.O.D. : 10-13-2003 at 02:30 PM.
F.O.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 03:09 PM   #3
funky monkey 07

Send a message via AIM to funky monkey 07
very nice

maybe u could copy and paste it on www.icd-owners.com cuz ther seems to be a lot of ppl asking about upgrades
Old 10-18-2003, 12:23 PM   #4
F.O.D.
www.icd-owners.com

Wheres our freggen mod
Old 10-19-2003, 08:08 AM   #5
DirtMcgirt

Send a message via AIM to DirtMcgirt
Quote:
Originally posted by F.O.D.
Wheres our freggen mod

send him a PM

Quote:
Originally posted by i like tictacs
And no, none of the bands i listed have soul.
DirtMcgirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 03:45 PM   #6
Magnus55
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Magnus55 Send a message via Yahoo to Magnus55
got it guys.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:50 AM   #7
Rich4444
Team Blood ~ WI

Pictures One!

Great Thread, here is my first picture post!

Prices: Bob Long $62 (888), CP $80, Dye $120, Glad $80, Messiah $115, Palmer $100, Vigilante $90

HPR (high pressure regulator)
A high pressure regulator is a part that takes your output pressure from your Air or Co2 tank, and regulates it so that your gun fires more consistantly. They usually have an adjustable screw that will allow the user to increase or decrease pressure as his/her marker requires. The better the regulator, the better the part is at handling a steady consistant pressure to the rest of the marker.
------------markers--------------
2004 Black Epic by I.C.E.
2003 Green BKO by I.C.D.

Last edited by Rich4444 : 11-14-2003 at 11:11 AM.
Rich4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 12:32 PM   #8
blackbobcat87

Nice thread, very helpful to Bushy newbies like myself.
blackbobcat87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 04:26 PM   #9
ImpYa
ICD Guru

Everyone should send a PM to a super mod like wolverine or Magnus...we need to get this sticked...or we need a full time mod in here...

ImpYa
Old 12-02-2003, 04:31 PM   #10
F.O.D.
www.icd-owners.com

it's in the ultimate icd faq thread
Old 12-02-2003, 05:07 PM   #11
ImpYa
ICD Guru

*Smacks Forehead*

Man...i must be loosing my memory due to old age.

Wait a sec...im only 19!

ImpYa
Old 03-04-2004, 03:05 PM   #12
RagingFuryBlack

If you guys dont mind, ill copy this and put it in the PBstar.com icd thread
of course, giving u all credit

http://bb.1asphost.com/RagingFuryBlack/kittens.jpg

BOYCOTT SMART PARTS!
RagingFuryBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:40 PM   #13
F.O.D.
www.icd-owners.com

Be my guest, but úLB was the one who wrote it, so you can give the credit to him
Old 03-04-2004, 04:50 PM   #14
RagingFuryBlack

okay its posted, and i did give u and that other guy credit

http://bb.1asphost.com/RagingFuryBlack/kittens.jpg

BOYCOTT SMART PARTS!
RagingFuryBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 05:03 PM   #15
lotus_esprit5

Send a message via AIM to lotus_esprit5
Shocktech chip

nice FAQ! ive been researching chips for my 2003 Bushy, and saw the chaos chips. But where can i find the Shocktech chip? ive checked the shocktech website, but it doesnt look like you can buy the chip/board separately. where can i find it?
lotus_esprit5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 05:16 AM   #16
yoda101
Old Man

Send a message via AIM to yoda101
i wouldnt worry about the shocktech board, I believe it doesnt have the adjustable features that the chaos or techpro has, and isnt as responsive as either. Also if you have a 2003 B2K you will need the chaos board the chip is for earlier models.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:48 PM   #17
TIPPY NIKY 98C
Team Darkforce

Are these upgrades true about b2k's too.
TIPPY NIKY 98C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 05:25 AM   #18
yoda101
Old Man

Send a message via AIM to yoda101
yes but only some of the sections, the sections that dont apply to B2K's:

BKO Volumizers
HPR ASA Adaptors, only some earlier models needed one
and Ram, the SP Mod is for the BKO only
Old 06-30-2004, 07:40 AM   #19
TESmidator

Send a message via AIM to TESmidator
OK HERES WHAT I DECIDED TO SPEND A **** LOAD OF MONEY ON.

2004 bKO
STIFFY!
BL TORPEDO REG
CHAOS BOARD

PLS TELL ME3 THINGS
1 .WHICH CHAOS BOARD TO GET??
2.iS THIS GOOD IF NOT WHAT ELSE?
3.i NEED SOME THING THAT STOPPS CHOPPS
TESmidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 07:59 AM   #20
PeYToN-SS
EKK Soldier

Send a message via ICQ to PeYToN-SS Send a message via AIM to PeYToN-SS Send a message via Yahoo to PeYToN-SS
1. The chaos board is made for BKO's, not the chaos chip.
2. Get a different barrel than the stiffi. CP, SP, and Dye all make good barrels. A Custom Products Grip-Reg would be better than the torpedo.
3. Get PDS or SP Mod to stop chops.