pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Old 10-20-2003, 06:58 PM   #1
Me1118

matrix or 2003 shocker

I'm looking for a new gun I want a fast reliable accurate electro I've narrowed my choices down to either the 2003 shocker a matrix or an angel speed but I can't decide on which one to pick please help
Me1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 04:43 PM   #2
$horT_$trokE

Send a message via AIM to $horT_$trokE
hmm... go to a field, shoot them, and buy the one you like best? Like them all? No problem...buy the one thats cheapest. Strangers picking something out for you is unlikely to get you what you want, only what THEY want.

Quote:
Originally posted by Twitch
Eventually you will become so good at stealth you can actually play speed ball / hyper ball tourneys w/ your pgp.
Quote:
Originally posted by AftrShck010259
u shoot an autococker so barrel size doesnt really effecrt you much.
$horT_$trokE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:22 PM   #3
dj_alien

go with the DM4 matrix, I shot it this weekend at the world cup in orlando. Its FAST!!!!!!! Very Lightweight. Comes with the eye and on/off for the air. And a matching dye ultralight barrel.
dj_alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 06:23 PM   #4
matrix master

go with the matrix
Old 11-04-2003, 06:42 PM   #5
CoolT

Go and shoot them, you may like one much more than the others. If you're going for plain performance, a Timmy or Viking would be the way to go.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:49 PM   #6
matrix master

Go and shoot them, you may like one much more than the others. If you're going for plain performance, a Timmy or Viking would be the way to go. this was posted by coolt well hes right about the shooting thing but if u want real prefomance get a matrix they smoke timmys just be shure its a dye a lcd a toxic a nyx or a dm4 they all beat timmys
Old 11-04-2003, 06:50 PM   #7
CoolT

Oh yeah that's right, I forgot Timmys were faster than Matrices.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:56 PM   #8
matrix master

yea but a matrix has about the same speed as a timmy twice the accuracy and half the price its a much better gun
Old 11-04-2003, 07:07 PM   #9
dj_alien

well tell us what you ended up with. what the deal???
dj_alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 07:14 PM   #10
CoolT

Quote:
Originally posted by matrix master
yea but a matrix has about the same speed as a timmy twice the accuracy and half the price its a much better gun
No they are not twice as accurate. With the same reg and barrel they should be the same accuracy wise. Half the price would be for an LED which will need some upgrades to compete with the Timmy. Plus the Timmy is more efficient than the Matrix. I don't have anything against Matrices, I'm just stating the facts.
Old 11-08-2003, 08:30 PM   #11
xXblinkXegoXx
man with the golden gun

Location: ill tell you where. someplace warm. a place where the beer flows like wine. where beutiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of capastrano. im talkin about a little place called San Diego.
Send a message via AIM to xXblinkXegoXx
03 shocker dude

i think the 03 kicks all those other guns a-sses in accuracy and has a very very nice rof. more lightwight and manueverable than any of the others also. go with the shocker.
xXblinkXegoXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 08:40 PM   #12
CoolT

I have not fired one yet but I hear that the trigger frame sucks and the gun is definately not up to par with a Timmy or Viking, don't even try to argue otherwise.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:06 PM   #13
5left
owned & abused....

Quote:
Originally posted by CoolT
I have not fired one yet but I hear that the trigger frame sucks and the gun is definately not up to par with a Timmy or Viking, don't even try to argue otherwise.

try firing one before making an assanine comment like this.

03 shocker (just got mine last week) is one of the best out of the box sub 1200 guns I've ever handled. There is a little slop in the trigger, but the ROF on it is amazing. It has a very very low profile and is extremely light. Also, nice and short similar to an autococker. Whereas My thing against the timmies is how uncomfortably long they are. trixies are also very nice but have a little too high of a profile for me.

but, that just tells you its all personal preference...

I would drop the speed from your list... try it first, but afterwards you will see why. (is an improvement from the older angels, but they still have a ways to go) another round of major accuracy upgrades, and the angels will be up with the rest...
Old 11-10-2003, 01:24 PM   #14
CoolT

Don't get me wrong the 03 Shockers are nice guns although I have only seen them as of now, but they aren't as good as Timmys or Vikings. But considering Shockers are also cheaper, that is to be expected. I have also heard bad things about the trigger frame from multiple people. I know that personal preference plays a huge role, but from what they've told me the frame is hard shoot at high rof.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:47 PM   #15
xXblinkXegoXx
man with the golden gun

Location: ill tell you where. someplace warm. a place where the beer flows like wine. where beutiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of capastrano. im talkin about a little place called San Diego.
Send a message via AIM to xXblinkXegoXx
are you sure your friends werent high or somethin when they told you that the shockers trigger frame was hard to shoot at high rates!!! i think the shocker is like an eblade but better.
xXblinkXegoXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 08:53 PM   #16
CoolT

The board has a high bps cap but I have heard from a trusted friend and some others that the trigger frame just is too hard to get up high speeds. My friend also was planning on buying a 03 Shocker until he shot one and then bought a Lasoya Timmy instead.