pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 07:42 PM   #1
paintballawbko
front player pride

Send a message via AIM to paintballawbko
brk3 pds or impulse vision

should i get a b2k3 pds or a sp impy vision
Old 12-07-2003, 07:48 PM   #2
CoolT

The B2k3 is the better of the 2 but that doesn't mean you will like it the most. Shoot both if you can and decide which one you like the best.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:41 PM   #3
redwing404
do it again and you will be

Send a message via AIM to redwing404
o and btw............SEARCH

there;s a really big thread on this at pbn...I'll find it if I stop being so lazy lol
Old 12-09-2003, 06:00 PM   #4
tleinenb
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by CoolT
The B2k3 is the better of the 2 but that doesn't mean you will like it the most. Shoot both if you can and decide which one you like the best.
how is the b2k3 better? they are pretty equal if you ask me. the impy is cheaper and has some high quality parts. but neither one is better than the other.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:03 PM   #5
CoolT

There was a huge thread on this awhile back. B2k3 won for a good reason, it's a better gun. The only thing I really dislike about the B2k3 stock is the reg. It's not bad but it's not too good either. The Imp has a nice reg but lacks in other parts the B2k3 more than makes up in.
Old 12-11-2003, 12:00 PM   #6
Nectias

Send a message via AIM to Nectias Send a message via Yahoo to Nectias
The B2K3 is the better marker in every way imaginable!!! Now to show you this we will break down the 2 markers:

the impulse is an open bolt electro as we all know. but to see the problems with this marker we must prob into the depths of its design. So we will start with the trigger the impys stock trigger is proably the worst in the world with almost no adjustablity. Then the electronics are decent stock they even have dwell adjustments stock. but there is also the problem with the valve leaking that also leads to first shot drop off!! which is a bad thing. Next look at the hammer and solinoid assembly. There is both a hammer and a punch in this marker and they are linked together to make a giant punch that acuates the valve.

Then the B2K3 is a closed bolt electro with far far less problems the only real problem i have ever had with a bushmaster product is the regulators are not the best in the world.

Now to compare the 2 the Vision Imp is a open bold
the b2k3 is closed bolt so the bushy is better here.

the impulse valve leaks badly the bushy dosen't yet another win.

Next the Imp is bigger than the bushy.

the imp has a worse eye than the bushy.

the bushy has a better stock trigger.

In fact the only thing they may be better about the imp is the max flow is a better hpr but the imp lacks a lpr so the solinod has consistancey isues.

and finally the imps MSRP is 599.99 and guess what so is the bushys so there the same price!!!!!
Old 12-11-2003, 12:59 PM   #7
CoolT

B2k3 is not a closed bolt gun. It's an open bolt gun. All Bushies are open bolt.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:16 PM   #8
can'tthink of1
word up

Send a message via AIM to can'tthink of1
Also there is no performance difference between open and closed bolt markers
Tribal Owner's Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2f4
FAIL.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:37 AM   #9
sonnemann

Send a message via AIM to sonnemann
Talking

o how i hate that argument...so nasty when the two sides get gong...
...and i say bushy over imp because they look nicer
Old 12-14-2003, 04:35 PM   #10
xX[Empire]Xx
Emperial Army

its player opinion. like CoolT said, shoot both and see what you like better.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:30 AM   #11
Nectias

Send a message via AIM to Nectias Send a message via Yahoo to Nectias
First off the B2k3 is a closed bolt look at the pics of it the bolt rests in a forward position. and yes there is a difference but the you can only see the difference when on a playing field. There is little to no difference if you are shooting a closed bolt or open bolt from the same location at the same taget provided that the gun is incapable of movement while shooting.(Something like straped to a table or something etc.) but when the marker is firing when the trigger is pulled there is more mass moving while the ball is leaving the breech and barrel on an open bolt because the bolt has to move but on an open bolt nothing moves so the marker does not shake therefore giving you a small increase in accuracy.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:54 AM   #12
tleinenb
Banned

i dont think b2k3's are closed bolt.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:57 PM   #13
CoolT

Quote:
Originally posted by Nectias
First off the B2k3 is a closed bolt look at the pics of it the bolt rests in a forward position. and yes there is a difference but the you can only see the difference when on a playing field. There is little to no difference if you are shooting a closed bolt or open bolt from the same location at the same taget provided that the gun is incapable of movement while shooting.(Something like straped to a table or something etc.) but when the marker is firing when the trigger is pulled there is more mass moving while the ball is leaving the breech and barrel on an open bolt because the bolt has to move but on an open bolt nothing moves so the marker does not shake therefore giving you a small increase in accuracy.

The B2k3 bolt pin is in the foward position because the gun is not cocked. It has a 4 way solenoid not a 2 way like the BKO so the bolt rests in the foward position. Also when shooting a closed bolt marker the gun will still have kick because the hammer is still moving. The hammer weighs much more than the bolt and is the man cause of kick in any gun. You also made the error by saying the open bolt gun nothing moves. You mean closed bolt, and you're wrong, things do move.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:48 PM   #14
junkyman22
***Nor$$$Cal***

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by CoolT
Old 12-30-2003, 08:41 AM   #15
PB0900

Send a message via AIM to PB0900
IMO, the ONLY thing and Impulse has over a Bushmaster is the Max Flo. Actually the microswitch is a little shorter and lighter, and that's another thing I like.

Here's what the Bushy has that the Imp doesn't:
Delrin bolt stock
LPR stock
Blade trigger stock
More accurate stock barrel (I compared my cousin's progressive vs. my stock and even he said it was better)
Break beam eye
No FSDO
Nice looking milling
Fully adjustable stock trigger frame (tension, actuation point adjustment, back travel adjustment, 3 pivot point adjustments)
Faster stock board
Don't need a $20 upgrade just to be able to dry fire it
It's lighter
etc.
etc.
etc.

EDIT: The reason the bolt stays in the forward position when not gassed up is there is a spring in the ram to prevent FSDO
Old 12-30-2003, 09:10 AM   #16
No_DAMN_NAMES
Ridin' Dirty

Quote:
Originally posted by Nectias
The B2K3 is the better marker in every way imaginable!!! Now to show you this we will break down the 2 markers:

the impulse is an open bolt electro as we all know. but to see the problems with this marker we must prob into the depths of its design. So we will start with the trigger the impys stock trigger is proably the worst in the world with almost no adjustablity. Then the electronics are decent stock they even have dwell adjustments stock. but there is also the problem with the valve leaking that also leads to first shot drop off!! which is a bad thing. Next look at the hammer and solinoid assembly. There is both a hammer and a punch in this marker and they are linked together to make a giant punch that acuates the valve.

Then the B2K3 is a closed bolt electro with far far less problems the only real problem i have ever had with a bushmaster product is the regulators are not the best in the world.

Now to compare the 2 the Vision Imp is a open bold
the b2k3 is closed bolt so the bushy is better here.

the impulse valve leaks badly the bushy dosen't yet another win.

Next the Imp is bigger than the bushy.

the imp has a worse eye than the bushy.

the bushy has a better stock trigger.

In fact the only thing they may be better about the imp is the max flow is a better hpr but the imp lacks a lpr so the solinod has consistancey isues.

and finally the imps MSRP is 599.99 and guess what so is the bushys so there the same price!!!!!
It's funny. You posted all of this, yet any point you made is cancelled out by the fact that you thought that the bushy is closed bolt. You don't know what you're saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw
Can I help it if I like 'em young?
Old 12-30-2003, 11:54 AM   #17
tleinenb
Banned

there will always be paranoid people who think they know what they are talking about.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:27 AM   #18
AMGMASTER1

Pwned..........id say there pretty much equal and the same gun proformance and pricewise

Looking for an ION as well..I will pay u in backrubs.....
Old 01-25-2004, 10:38 AM   #19
VeNoM
Wish You Were Here...

Send a message via AIM to VeNoM
They are both open bolt, but the rest of the points made in this thread are true (better bolt, trigger, eye etc..). The Bushmaster is and always will be a better marker than the impulse in my opinion, but thats all it is, my opinion.

PDS > Vision

NWDP - We Are Cooler Than You ClubN

Black 2k3 Half-Mill Viking, WAS, Eyes, JMJ Eye Covers, Razor trigger, CCM Lo-rise, Dye Stickies, 68/45 Hyperflow, Empire Reloader B PIC

Me & My Speed

"When the Power of Love over comes the Love of Power the World will know Peace" - Jimi Hendrix
Old 01-25-2004, 03:28 PM   #20
CoolT

Dead thread. Thanks for bringing it back AMG.