pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 06:52 PM   #1
speedballer

BKO or 2003 vf cocker?

i am curently shooting a black dragun but i want something better and i cant make a decision between the 2003 autococker or the bko so could u help me out and post some of your opions thanks
Brass Eagle Harness
Ricochet (blue)
Warped Sportz 2 piece
Old 01-09-2004, 11:15 AM   #2
jonbob

Send a message via AIM to jonbob
I'm pretty sure you could find a good thread on this by doing some searching because this is probably a common question.

I gotta say that the guns are so different that you need to evaluate what you want out of a marker before you think about buying them. Do you want an electro trigger pull and screaming ROF? Do you want excellent accuracy and closed-bolt operation? Which is more important? Both guns are very high quality so you can't go wrong with either, but it comes down to what you want to do with the markers before we can say which is best for you. The BKO is probably going to be more like your black dragun.

Black/Graphite fade 05 Angel speed with .45 frame, 68/4500 crossfire

Vision Shocker with High efficiency bolt

Favorite quote (courtesy of schlockmercenary.com): "There is no 'overkill' there is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'"
Old 01-09-2004, 01:50 PM   #3
CoolT

Personal preference.
Old 01-10-2004, 03:37 PM   #4
AMGMASTER1

id go for the cocker....better proformance and higher quilaity but its not a nooby gun...

Primary Marker:

2k3 Black Smart Parts Impulse
Progressive barrel (stock)
68/3000 Nitro duck
Richochet 2k
Rase Tank cover
Smart Parts Black Stickies
Physco Ballistics Bullet Drop w/on/off

Soon to come:

Freak System w/AA front
Vision (maybe)

Selling:
Discontinued Spyder AMG Classic Blue Barely Used w/stock barrel w/sightrail and front coupling- 160
Stock 03 Green PT Extreme Barely Used with box and everything - 65
Nine Volt Revy Clear with modified propeller - 20
20 and 9 ounce CO2 Package - 20
Scott Hotshot Thermal Goggles - 15
PMI 2 Pod Harness w/2 100 round pods - 10
32 Degrees Olive Green Jersey w/cut off sleves - 5
Basic 200 round hopper black - 2

Send me a PM if u are interested in any of this then we can arange shipping and payment methods
Old 01-22-2004, 11:45 AM   #5
RagingFuryBlack

the bko is not a "noob" gun....its fully electropneumatic. A spyder or tippmann is a noob gun.

id go with the bko because its lo pressure, doesnt chop when you ride the trigger. and is faster and more air efficent.

good luck, hope this helps
Old 01-30-2004, 07:27 AM   #6
moiht
Ho

Send a message via AIM to moiht
go with the vf cocker
RIT#3
my PBN feedback
my PBR feedback
my ebay feedback
AIM : flojim3
or email me
Old 01-30-2004, 11:10 AM   #7
chinesebugrepel
Self proclaimed hugenaut

Quote:
Originally posted by jonbob
Do you want excellent accuracy and closed-bolt operation?
Not sure if you meant it this way or not, but the cocker is not more accurate assuming you get a good barrel and air system on either, and closed bolt only makes an opperational difference and has nothing to do with accuracy. Just making sure he doesnt get a false impression.
Try them both out, and make a decision based on preference and money.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebonclaw
Trust me, you don't want to argue with chinese.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:32 AM   #8
Ice
Legend

Send a message via AIM to Ice
Which do you like more?

There's your answer.

"There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by the tail and face the situation" ~WC Fields
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it" ~Churchhill
Old 02-08-2004, 05:25 PM   #9
sdlm

Closed bolt does have an effect on accuracy. there is no mass that moves as the first shot is fired. therefore first shot accuracy is better than an open bolt and much better then most electros which have fsdo. (the BKO does not have fsdo unless you have a faluty valve but imps, and the like usally do) so closed bolt is more accurate for the FIRST SHOT IN A SERIES not for the series of shots. so via volume the BKO is the more accurate gun. even if snap shooting is your thing you can put twice as many balls on your target and on top of that it is usally cheaper. the cocker is only better if you intend to use Co2. if you are a co2 user the cocker won't let you down even if you shoot really fast. the BKO doesn't like it at all, I use both co2 and hpa and the bushy doesn't perform well on it and the cocker does. The cocker is also less user friendly, but made way, way better than a bko. Don't expect your BKO to last more than a year without a major repair. and the BKO will have stripped threads within 6 months if you take it apart more then once a month. I own both, and I like playing with the cocker if I don't need ROF like when playing front, or when I play with co2, I use my BKO when I play back and when it isn't broken, I has broke probibly 4 times in one year and the regulater has stripped out the adjuster screw. but when you think about the price it doesn't seem to bad to need a $5 tap here and there or a $1.00 o-ring. my pre-99 cocker has never broken ever though. so it is pretty simple to decide, are you playing in tourenys and will upgrade to a sponsers gun anyway go for the BKO if you are just playing for fun, the cocker will give you less headaches as long as you learn everything there is to adjsut and tape/loctite it down. well, that is everything I think.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:54 PM   #10
CoolT

Quote:
Originally posted by sdlm
there is no mass that moves as the first shot is fired.
The hammer moves even in a closed bolt gun and considering the weight of a delrin bolt, the hammer is the main reason for kick. I do agree with the rest of your post though.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:54 AM   #11
chinesebugrepel
Self proclaimed hugenaut

Quote:
so closed bolt is more accurate for the FIRST SHOT IN A SERIES not for the series of shots.
But most everyone in paintball besides stock class guys consider shot groupings the real accuracy test.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebonclaw
Trust me, you don't want to argue with chinese.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:27 PM   #12
superben
You and your F*cking Rope

if you are a co2 user the cocker won't let you down even if you shoot really fast. the BKO doesn't like it at all, I use both co2 and hpa and the bushy doesn't perform well on it and the cocker does. Ummm No. I have a 2004 BKO and it runs just fine on co2 because the new regs are now compareable to the Maxflo.

The cocker is also less user friendly, but made way, way better than a bko. Don't expect your BKO to last more than a year without a major repair. and the BKO will have stripped threads within 6 months if you take it apart more then once a month. Yet again, no sorry, the new BKO's are being manufactured at much higher quality now, to keep up with the market.

And I call it "Ghost"
2k4 Silver BKO (unmilled)
12v Revvy X-board
12oz & 20oz anti-syphoned co2
12" Matching Silver Anno ICD B2k barrel
Red Led
Choas Chip

ICDPA Member #1
Old 02-09-2004, 01:33 PM   #13
erickillebrew

Quote:
Originally posted by RagingFuryBlack
. A spyder or tippmann is a noob gun.
theres no such thing as a noob gun just noob players that think there is such thing as a "noob gun"
WGP CT 3-way
ANS Sledgehammer
Shocktech Drop Forward
32* duck bill asa

Empire reloader
Pure energy alloy 48/3000
Old 05-16-2004, 12:01 AM   #14
holy_imagine151
MVP

Send a message via AIM to holy_imagine151 Send a message via Yahoo to holy_imagine151
Quote:
Originally posted by erickillebrew

theres no such thing as a noob gun just noob players that think there is such thing as a "noob gun"
oooo he just got sunk!
Old 05-16-2004, 01:40 AM   #15
CoolT

Quote:
Originally posted by holy_imagine151

oooo he just got sunk!
This thread has been dead for a few months now. If you are going to revive dead threads at least have something sensible to say.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:27 PM   #16
holy_imagine151
MVP

Send a message via AIM to holy_imagine151 Send a message via Yahoo to holy_imagine151
Quote:
Originally posted by CoolT

This thread has been dead for a few months now. If you are going to revive dead threads at least have something sensible to say.
alright alright...sorry about that. ok well from the things that i have heard, i think the BKO might be better
Old 10-11-2004, 03:15 PM   #17
Drift or die86

Send a message via AIM to Drift or die86
DO NOT GET A BKO!
A. they suck
B. they Break
C. Unreliable
D. Need HPA
E. less upgradeability

I own both. I have put OVER 900 into my 04 extreme bko and its a POS! My cocker is still much better. and for another 200-300 i can put an eblade on it and have just as much speed.

Mech is more reliable then electrics IMO, less can go wrong. Have you considered a mag? IMO thats the best and u cna get a really good one for the same price as a new bko or cocker.

Dont make the same mistake i made. Just get the cocker flat out.
My bko is worth around 600 and my cocker is worth around 350, my cocker is my backup and the bko just collects dust since its so unreliable. If i knew this then, i would have taken the initial 300 then the extra 900 and put it towards an RL or an abomb and not have bought my matrix.
My BKO is an undless money pit that i hafta keep repairing.

Dont make a wrong choice
Old 10-11-2004, 05:10 PM   #18
CoolT

Learn to read, this is the 2nd dead thread you've dug up.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:20 AM   #19
bigfill10708

Send a message via AIM to bigfill10708
well, since its alive now i will say get the cocker, or maybe get a mag. i have a rf MiniMag RT w/ twistlock barrel and it is the fire. maybe when the hair comes out i will look at it and start playing with it some more.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:51 AM   #20
chris220
Rockin the cocker

Quote:
Originally posted by Drift or die86
DO NOT GET A BKO!
A. they suck
B. they Break
C. Unreliable
D. Need HPA
E. less upgradeability

I own both. I have put OVER 900 into my 04 extreme bko and its a POS! My cocker is still much better. and for another 200-300 i can put an eblade on it and have just as much speed.

Mech is more reliable then electrics IMO, less can go wrong. Have you considered a mag? IMO thats the best and u cna get a really good one for the same price as a new bko or cocker.

Dont make the same mistake i made. Just get the cocker flat out.
My bko is worth around 600 and my cocker is worth around 350, my cocker is my backup and the bko just collects dust since its so unreliable. If i knew this then, i would have taken the initial 300 then the extra 900 and put it towards an RL or an abomb and not have bought my matrix.
My BKO is an undless money pit that i hafta keep repairing.

Dont make a wrong choice
This is because you use the milled "Extreme BKO". The unmilled have a better reg and are made with alot highte quality. Remember to read the owners manual, for if your bko is unreliable, you have most likely done something wrong

Current Setup:
2004 System X Evoloution type X Cocker
Chrome E2
Rex Dialer Kit
Besales .44 ram w/ QEVs
Dart Bolt
88/4500 Crossfire
Empire ReLoader B
Closed Thread