pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 09:48 AM   #1
Shotcalla
Taking Back Sunday

Send a message via AIM to Shotcalla
03 Shocker vs. Angel Speed

I've come across some money and i am looking for an electro-pneumatic (i'm going to miss the cocker) I've narrowed it down to these two.

What are the pros and cons of each gun and which one do you guys think i should go for?

"Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. "
--Van Wilder, Van Wilder
Old 01-25-2004, 11:34 AM   #2
VeNoM
Wish You Were Here...

Send a message via AIM to VeNoM
All the shockers I have seen haven't been the most efficient markers and have a nasty FSDO problem... All the Speeds I have seen have been machine guns. I personally am much more comfortable with the speed, but if you aren't or want something a little smaller, maybe the shocker is for you. I vote speed, I just see WDP markers as more reliable than SP markers in general....

NWDP - We Are Cooler Than You ClubN

Black 2k3 Half-Mill Viking, WAS, Eyes, JMJ Eye Covers, Razor trigger, CCM Lo-rise, Dye Stickies, 68/45 Hyperflow, Empire Reloader B PIC

Me & My Speed

"When the Power of Love over comes the Love of Power the World will know Peace" - Jimi Hendrix
Old 01-25-2004, 11:38 AM   #3
Shotcalla
Taking Back Sunday

FSDO problem?

"Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. "
--Van Wilder, Van Wilder
Old 01-25-2004, 12:35 PM   #4
VeNoM
Wish You Were Here...

Send a message via AIM to VeNoM
First Shot Drop Off... If the first shot even comes out, it doesn't go far...

NWDP - We Are Cooler Than You ClubN

Black 2k3 Half-Mill Viking, WAS, Eyes, JMJ Eye Covers, Razor trigger, CCM Lo-rise, Dye Stickies, 68/45 Hyperflow, Empire Reloader B PIC

Me & My Speed

"When the Power of Love over comes the Love of Power the World will know Peace" - Jimi Hendrix
Old 01-25-2004, 05:26 PM   #5
Shotcalla
Taking Back Sunday

alright thanks

--Van Wilder, Van Wilder
Old 01-26-2004, 01:27 PM   #6
Marc2002
PB 4 L

Send a message via AIM to Marc2002
omg enough with teh gun vs gun forums play with both guns and see what u think of them thats how u find out.

HALO F/S:http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showt...80#post3492680

~*Team CoMpLeXiTy*~

FeedBack: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=464631
Old 02-15-2004, 06:30 PM   #7
SpydersAreCool7
Spyders are NOT cool

Send a message via AIM to SpydersAreCool7
This question never got answered very well. And i would sorta like to know which is better, cuz a friend is debating these two. So i am ressurecting this thread.

WGP 2k3 vertical feed autococker
Psycho ballistics long drop forward
Kaner Barrel Kit
Soon to be new pneumatics
47/3000 nitro tank
12v Revi
-----------------------------------
Back up

Spyder Electra
shocktech long drop forward
shocktech spring kit
dye 14' ultralite
Old 02-17-2004, 03:44 PM   #8
kl1223

Quote:
Originally posted by SpydersAreCool7
This question never got answered very well. And i would sorta like to know which is better, cuz a friend is debating these two. So i am ressurecting this thread.

Neither is truely "better". Its personal preferance, they are different guns, both very nice. IMO the Angel feels nicer, but thats just me, not your friend.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:08 PM   #9
Evo Panda
EvO Team Captain

Send a message via AIM to Evo Panda
Dye Matrix supremes over the shocker as well as the Angels...
Also read reviews and gun comparisons... They help
Mag. Blade Trigger
Smart Parts Grips
TapeWorm
Evil Delrin Bolt
______
Older People delcare War! Its the younger that have to fight and die
Old 03-04-2004, 08:04 AM   #10
CARBON
ScubaPro

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc2002
omg enough with teh gun vs gun forums play with both guns and see what u think of them thats how u find out.
I can put this im my sticky. Even though I think I have a few of them already.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:15 AM   #11
jdubau55
Master of the Dremel

Send a message via AIM to jdubau55 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubau55
Quote:
Originally posted by Evo Panda
Dye Matrix supremes over the shocker as well as the Angels...
Also read reviews and gun comparisons... They help
Viking rules everything! Hands down. Too bad SP made them stop producing the best marker ever made. Want a good electro. Get a Viking now, while you can. its the best, period.

My Gat: G3 VTL E-Force, PDP board and eye mod, Egg 2, Crossfire 88/45, BOSS delrin bolt, AA Vigilante (LP), PMI drop, Custom blade trigger, Custom switch setup
Old 03-04-2004, 03:26 PM   #12
chinesebugrepel
Self proclaimed hugenaut

If you're a huge trix or viking fan, that's great, but don't tell other people they should be. Preference still plays the biggest factor because performance is pretty even between high end guns.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebonclaw
Trust me, you don't want to argue with chinese.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:35 PM   #13
jdubau55
Master of the Dremel

Send a message via AIM to jdubau55 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubau55
so the vikings not the fastest, most efficient, most reliable marker made? im not saying what they should be a fan of, im telling them what the best is. they can be a fan of the best if they please.

My Gat: G3 VTL E-Force, PDP board and eye mod, Egg 2, Crossfire 88/45, BOSS delrin bolt, AA Vigilante (LP), PMI drop, Custom blade trigger, Custom switch setup
Old 03-16-2004, 10:45 AM   #14
flash2k3
Skeeter

Send a message via AIM to flash2k3 Send a message via Yahoo to flash2k3
Quote:
Originally posted by jdubau55
so the vikings not the fastest, most efficient, most reliable marker made? im not saying what they should be a fan of, im telling them what the best is. they can be a fan of the best if they please.
Please stop before you put your foot in your mouth! They are good guns I will give you that but I play with a Dark Angel and just last weekend I sold one of the new
Shocker 04 and to be completly honest I have not found a marker with a smoother trigger pull I hit 18bps straight out of the box! So I hate to rain on your parade but vikings are good but not hardley the best!!!
Old 03-16-2004, 11:23 AM   #15
chinesebugrepel
Self proclaimed hugenaut

Quote:
Originally posted by jdubau55
No, it's not. Timmys are just as fast, Cyborgs are more efficient, and Mags and tippmanns are more reliable.
But the real point your missing is that there are other features besides those three that make a gun better for different folks. Maybe someone likes a cocker or trix better because they are smoother or a shocker because it's lighter. Maybe someone likes the emag more because it chops less w/ the LX bolt and can switch to mechanical in event of an electronics failure. Maybe someone likes an IR3 or A4 better because they have lots of features and a space frame. Maybe someone evel likes a tippmann better because you never have to do maintenence on them and can run over them with a car. So dont tell people that the viking is the best just because YOU think its strengths are the most important, they may have different values.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebonclaw
Trust me, you don't want to argue with chinese.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:54 PM   #16
flash2k3
Skeeter

Send a message via AIM to flash2k3 Send a message via Yahoo to flash2k3
Quote:
Originally posted by chinesebugrepel

No, it's not. Timmys are just as fast, Cyborgs are more efficient, and Mags and tippmanns are more reliable.
But the real point your missing is that there are other features besides those three that make a gun better for different folks. Maybe someone likes a cocker or trix better because they are smoother or a shocker because it's lighter. Maybe someone likes the emag more because it chops less w/ the LX bolt and can switch to mechanical in event of an electronics failure. Maybe someone likes an IR3 or A4 better because they have lots of features and a space frame. Maybe someone evel likes a tippmann better because you never have to do maintenence on them and can run over them with a car. So dont tell people that the viking is the best just because YOU think its strengths are the most important, they may have different values.
I AGREE WITH YOU 100%!!!
Old 12-17-2005, 12:52 AM   #17
shocka man

go for the shocker if your a front and if your a back go with the angel or shocker but get a new bord and fireing can to fix the fsdo prob.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:56 AM   #18
slaminator3323
Final Fantasy 8 Rocks

Nice work on the zombie thread uppage.
Kila magnetic detents
NDZ Saw trigger
CP two piece
Smoke Reloader B
Jungle Fighters
Got a Tadao board and 360 QEV and haven't played paintball in over a year,(I have bad withdrawals).
Old 01-15-2006, 02:35 PM   #19
p8nt lord

i dont like angels personally and ive never shot a shocker. but my friend let me play with his angel and when i was running the trigger went off because the trigger is so freakin sensetive. every time i ran to a new bunker i would have to put the safety on because the slighest movement would fire gun.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:13 PM   #20
Crede777
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Crede777
Stop!

This thread was a year old before it was brought up a month ago. Now why are you bringing it up? To tell the guy to get an Angel? It's been 2 years. He's either chosen one or shouldn't be playing.
This space is reserved for Chris (f2f4) and those in service to our country.

Denison '10
Closed Thread