pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Tippmann

Old 10-14-2001, 07:19 PM   #1
C4pyro
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to C4pyro
Tippmann Upgrades thread

Ask questions about uprgades, Give answers about upgrades and tell about upgrades you've done.
C4pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 07:24 PM   #2
NoNames

Send a message via AIM to NoNames
Upgrades

Ok..Where to start. The First upgrade is a barrel. See barrel thread. Second is to get an expansion chamber. You also have to get a vertical adapter for this. DO NOT be dumb and use teflon tape. Use loctite on the vertical, always use loctite. The expansion chamber is awesome if you are shooting C02, not HPA. Next, I would reccomend getting the Rocket Cock or the Rear Cocking. I'm saying this because I have an RT. Throughout this whole process I'm assuming you have a 12 Vlt. Revolution, anyone can outshoot a 9 Vlt. If you do not have an RT, get a double trigger before a cocking device. Increase rate of fire. Everyone else, feel free to add. c4pyro, thanks for the sticky-upgrade board.
NoNames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 04:32 AM   #3
Crime Dog
Legend

Send a message via AIM to Crime Dog
Agreed...the barrel is the first thing to be replaced. I've put a flatline on mine. Other upgrades I've done:

Expansion chamber (Tippmann)
Double Trigger (Tippmann)
Polished and quieted the internals

That's it for now. Still thinking about rear cocking/RVA. But I'm also wanting to get an adjustable stock at some point. Can you do both? The stock, AND a RVA/Rear Cocking setup?
Old 10-17-2001, 02:50 PM   #4
detention489
Speed! Kickass!

no
Dye Stickies
12v Revvy
GTA Double Trigger
Lapco Raised Sight Rail
Tippmann Vertical Adapter
PB 8 Stage X-Chamber
Pure Energy 48 CU 3000 Psi Nitro Tank
Spee-T-Cocker
Adco 1x Red Dot sight

And I'm getting a PB DF as soon as I have the $$.
detention489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 09:11 AM   #5
Pookister569
i like cake

Send a message via AIM to Pookister569
yeah yeah, like everyone else have said, the first upgrade u should get ur the tippy is a BARREL!!! i highly suggest getting the flatline because it as amazing range. well after the barrel, u should probably get a x-chamber. the only thing u shouldn't get for ur tippy is the rocket cock! since it's plastic it will easily break
Pookister569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 09:30 AM   #6
NoNames

Rocket Cock Upgrade

About the Rocket Cock. Unless you have it, don't badmouth it. I have it, and people can tell the difference in guns. My dad has the same setup as mine minus the Rocket Cock, and it does silence it some. Being plastic doesn't mean it will break. Of course if you throw the up thing up against a damn rock it will break, but don't be dumb and do that. It's pretty durable. The only drawback is you have to have a 3/32 allen wrench for it. If that's a drawback at all. And you have to replace the bolt handle with a plastic one, which I was skeptical about. It hasn't failed yet, I repeat, yet. So don't badmouth it unless you have seen it break. You didn't say anything about it breaking in your post, so unless you have seen it break, leave the poor little Rocket Cock alone, what has it done to you?
Old 10-23-2001, 05:59 PM   #7
chynzexguy

Send a message via AIM to chynzexguy
for anyone that's wondering which upgrade to get i would recommend the barrel first,i got a stainless lapco bigshot and it's pretty accurate,see my signature for my setup

-silver model98 custom
-tippmann low pressure kit black
-tippmann rt trigger
-lapco direct feed nickle plated
-lapco stainless bigshot
-xshort barrel
-hogue grips
-kapp f/x autococker beaver tail
-shocktech chrome drop foward
-ans gen-x2 inline reg
-crossfire 68/4500 lp n2 tank
-black 12v revy w/xboard & evil propellar
chynzexguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2001, 07:02 AM   #8
Crime Dog
Legend

Send a message via AIM to Crime Dog
I think my next upgrade is gonna be the Full Boar rear cocking/RVA setup. I've heard good things about it, and it looks nice.
Old 10-24-2001, 04:13 PM   #9
in trauma
Your Daddy

Send a message via AIM to in trauma Send a message via Yahoo to in trauma
About the RT

I dont suggest buying it it isnt worth the money for the amount of fire it increases your rof by

it is roughly $80 i would get a Full boar shadow or somother upgrade instead of the RT not suggested

"Money cant buy skill!"

quote by: Albert Einstein
"Two things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity but, im not quite sure about the universe"
in trauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 04:21 PM   #10
Pookister569
i like cake

Re: Rocket Cock Upgrade

Quote:
Originally posted by NoNames
About the Rocket Cock. Unless you have it, don't badmouth it. I have it, and people can tell the difference in guns. My dad has the same setup as mine minus the Rocket Cock, and it does silence it some. Being plastic doesn't mean it will break. Of course if you throw the up thing up against a damn rock it will break, but don't be dumb and do that. It's pretty durable. The only drawback is you have to have a 3/32 allen wrench for it. If that's a drawback at all. And you have to replace the bolt handle with a plastic one, which I was skeptical about. It hasn't failed yet, I repeat, yet. So don't badmouth it unless you have seen it break. You didn't say anything about it breaking in your post, so unless you have seen it break, leave the poor little Rocket Cock alone, what has it done to you?
see the thing is i did have it. And it broke on me, so if u want something to silence ur gun a little and keep dirt from getting into ur gun, get the full boar shadow or something like that.
Old 10-28-2001, 04:28 PM   #11
Pookister569
i like cake

yeah i'm looking into getting a x-chamber for my tippy, should i just get the regular tippmann x-chamber or is there something better than that???
Old 10-28-2001, 04:30 PM   #12
NoNames

Rocket Cock

Alright, so it did break on you. I'm one for specs'. How much paint did you put through it? what type of air was shot on it? Did you install it?(I hope you did, it is very easy to.) How often did you clean it? Was it oiled regularly? Where did it break on the Rocket Cock? That's it for now.
Old 10-28-2001, 08:22 PM   #13
felony

should i..

A) save money and get a full boar shadow

or

B)spend it all (possibly chirstmas present) for the low pressure?

do you even think B is worth it?

thanks
dan
felony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 02:56 PM   #14
detention489
Speed! Kickass!

I personally think B isn't worth it. If you want your shots to be more consistant then get a GTA expansion chamber for about half the price. Now, about the Full Boar Shadow. If you are a sniper and are planning on getting a car stock in the future, don't get the shadow and get the Speee-t Cocker by Ballistic Sports. You can buy one at http://www.ballisticsports.com/item....7&PRID=843109. You can save about $20 If you get the Speee-t Cocker also.

Oh yah BTW my setup is in my sig.
Dye Stickies
12v Revvy
GTA Double Trigger
Lapco Raised Sight Rail
PB 8 Stage X-Chamber
Spee-T-Cocker
Adco 1x Red Dot sight

Last edited by detention489 : 11-03-2001 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-30-2001, 02:59 PM   #15
duxkid1

Send a message via AIM to duxkid1
Question

where can i buy one of these things on the end of this tippmann online?[IMG]C:\My Documents\yeah.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Images To view attachments your post count must be 0 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.
duxkid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 04:49 PM   #16
detention489
Speed! Kickass!

You can get one at http://www.countypaintball.com/produ...asp?item=1197. But the item is backordered, so it will take a long time for you to get it. You can also get it for $3 more at http://www.ballisticsports.com/item....7&PRID=867487. Or if you want one that has an RVA for $80, go to http://www.countypaintball.com/produ...asp?item=1944.
Dye Stickies
12v Revvy
GTA Double Trigger
Lapco Raised Sight Rail
PB 8 Stage X-Chamber
Spee-T-Cocker
Adco 1x Red Dot sight

Old 11-01-2001, 06:09 AM   #17
Pookister569
i like cake

u can also get one at www.paintballfx.com but i'd say thats not really worth getting... cuz ... it's 80 FREAKIN' dollars!!!!
but oh well, it's not my money so go crazy.
Old 11-01-2001, 12:38 PM   #18
detention489
Speed! Kickass!

Like I said you can got one for $60. The one you're talking about has an RVA and is made by Air Tipps, or is a ripoff.
Dye Stickies
12v Revvy
GTA Double Trigger
Lapco Raised Sight Rail
PB 8 Stage X-Chamber
Spee-T-Cocker
Adco 1x Red Dot sight

Old 11-01-2001, 07:08 PM   #19
blades of ice

Felony what do you have on your gun? do you run co2 or hpa. do you have a revvy? the lp kit is mostly for reduction of kick it really helps with a rt or ebolt if you dont have a reg and run c02 buy a palmer stabilizer its by far the best co2 reg and works better than any expantion chamber on the market it will increase your consistancy or buy hpa witch actually increases acuracy because moisture will collect in the barrel after a while when you play and the hpa will increase consistancy but buy a pmi tank or cross fire there both under 100 bucks make shore you can get it fill around you
blades of ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 06:52 PM   #20
1shot1kill
Wanna Play Rough????

When I first got my 98 I didnt have any money left to buty all of these upgrades. For you poor folks who like to tinker here are some free upgrades.
1. Polishing the stock barrel. Its easy, just take a plastic coat hanger and cut off the long straight end. Put one end into your drill (Dewalt Rules) And wrap a piece of cloth on the other end. the friction from the plastic will keep it from slipping. Next put some metal polish on the rag, any will do. I use Brasso. Put the end with the rag in the barel and let it rip. I polished mine for about an hour and when I was finished I did the same thing but with a clean rag, ran that through for about a minute or two. You will be quite impressed with the acuracy you will gain by doing this.
2. Polishing the internals. This just takes elbow grease. Use steal wool to clean of all of the black stuff on the inside were ever there are moving parts. after you have it nice and silver, hit it with a bit of metal polish, then finish off by a light oiling. Oh make sure all of the steal wool is cleaned out of your gun. This will make your action work a little quicker and a lot smoother

After I did these simple upgrades my 98 preformed 100% better than before. Try it
1shot1kill is offline   Reply With Quote