pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 09:43 AM   #1
Sprinkles

Send a message via AIM to Sprinkles
Impulse vs. TES

I dont know much about this new TES or whatever its called, but my friend is set on buying one as soon as he can. The thing is he already has a cocker and an impulse. I heard the TES is like a timmy, but looks like a spyder... or that its basically a spyder with eyes.

He thinks that just because some people on Voltage and Thunderstruck have them (not as primary guns) that he should get one, or that they are "worthy".

My thoughts were that it would be better to just get eyes for the impulse rather than get a new gun that might still have kinks (how do you spell that?) in it and have to buy some stuff to fix that.

Sure its like $300 but the whole cost of getting an impulse drilled and the eyes put in and the board cant cost more than that... unless im horribly wrong.

What are your views on the TES?
Old 03-03-2004, 09:56 AM   #2
jdubau55
Master of the Dremel

Send a message via AIM to jdubau55 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubau55
HAHA for 300 bux he could get it milled for eyes, and have the eyes installed, possibly get a custom milling, and a new anno job for 300 bux.

My Gat: G3 VTL E-Force, PDP board and eye mod, Egg 2, Crossfire 88/45, BOSS delrin bolt, AA Vigilante (LP), PMI drop, Custom blade trigger, Custom switch setup
Old 03-03-2004, 11:12 AM   #3
RagingFuryBlack

just for the fact that the impy is made by sp...go with the tes.

http://bb.1asphost.com/RagingFuryBlack/kittens.jpg

BOYCOTT SMART PARTS!
Old 03-03-2004, 11:23 AM   #4
chinesebugrepel
Self proclaimed hugenaut

who cares who it's made by, especially since he already has it? The impulse is already much better than the tes, and with ACE there won't be any contest. I really was never all impressed with the tes, just another hybrid blowback with a fast board and cheap eye.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebonclaw
Trust me, you don't want to argue with chinese.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:42 PM   #5
Rancid Coleslaw
DirectX Placebo Effect

Quote:
Originally posted by RagingFuryBlack
just for the fact that the impy is made by sp...go with the tes.
You can boycott smart parts all you want and i applaud your
efforts, although minimal. But don't suggest a worse gun to someone just because of the company name.

Old 03-03-2004, 02:47 PM   #6
PB0900

Send a message via AIM to PB0900
Of those two....Impulse. A blowback quite simply can't compare to an electro. HOWEVER I feel that a B2K4 is far superior to both.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:17 PM   #7
Kowz_76
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Kowz_76
I'd also take a B2k4 over them. But if he already has the imp, stick with it. The TES is an overrated piece of junk IMO.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:04 PM   #8
tippmannweekend

a BKO will pwn a TES in in every catagory. just because it has eyes doesn't mean the work a damn
Old 03-08-2004, 04:35 PM   #9
TrIcK3D0uT E-99

Send a message via AIM to TrIcK3D0uT E-99
i dono, last week at the pro shop i felt the trigger on the b2k4, it sux. but it prolly shoots better than a TES b/c the TES has blowback. although i never had any problems with the eyes. i use a Halo on my TES and nitrogen and i put like 3cases into the gun and i never choped a ball in the gun so far. only in the barrel. so from my experience i cant say the eye is so bad after all. put the one kit on the TES and it'll shoot better, only its like $210 for the kit depending on where u buy it at.

PS: if u have the imp already, keep it unless u wana buy the ONE. but the one and the imp r similar, its just like owning a spyder and selling it for a rebel or piranah. but if u want a good back up gun then i would say TES. i wouldnt pay much for a backup gun tho.
- Empire sound activated reloader
- Evil rear cocking bolt
- Java metal feedneck
- NW Drop Forward
- Air America Vigilante reg w/ LP spring
- drilled hole in block and put threads to fit the guage 0-1500psi guage.(tapndie set)
- Maddmann Rocket Valve
- Soft spring from 32* spring kit

Last edited by TrIcK3D0uT E-99 : 03-08-2004 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:13 AM   #10
GrateWiteBufalo

Send a message via AIM to GrateWiteBufalo
depends on where you live the TES is terrible in the cold I have one and end up using my tipmann half the time because theres something wrong with the TES maybe I got a mistake but Im not impressed with the TES at all
Old 04-15-2004, 01:21 PM   #11
pbfreak101
watch out 4 evil hamsters

OK! Let me clear some things up for you all. The Dragun T.E.S. is an electroblow back spyder that already has an optic eye. It is still a blow back and it costs $250. It isn't like a Timmy. HOWEVER... there id another gun that Dragun makes called The One. It has the optic eye, and looks like a regular electro Spyder, but it has a special pneumatic setup with a ram and external air transfer that uitilizes the same features as the Timmy, so it doesn't have the main spring or anything like that, it's basically a cheaper Timmy because it's not a Bob Long. The One costs $350. For the price I'd be willing to try out The One, but understand that the T.E.S. ISN'T like a Timmy, it's still a Spyder. Hope that helped a little.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:37 PM   #12
niceshot009

Send a message via AIM to niceshot009
ok guys i have a tes an dim just not impressed...sorry but already, the first one the eye fell out midgame and i was holdin it in my free hand to stay in the game.....second, the air leaked...nothing teflon tape couldnt fix...also the eye is reflective..no dark paintballs...the last problem is the trigger bounce...it is rediculous...and the other day i let a friend borrow it...the ball detent came completely off and i lost it...its not even screwed on its just pressed on tight..sorry but the tes gets a mid score..the only thing good id its capability to shoot at a some what high rate of fire
Old 10-29-2004, 11:05 PM   #13
CoolT

Great, write a review. The Impulse is obviously better and this thread has long been dead.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:36 PM   #14
TheUsualSuspect
I'm alowed to be biased

Raging Fury Black

What is your problem with smart parts? Is it the recent lawsuit against WGP? If so then do you even know the reasoning behind this lawsuit?

SP has been around for a long while and are one of the pioneering companies in this sport and if you don't like it then start imagining paintball without them. Without out Smart parts you wouldn't have alot of the leading edge technology that is going into current markers of today. Garanteed you can thank SP's engineers for the ideas that have influenced the disgn in even your gear, so like it or not it is quite imposible to completely boycot Smartparts without quiting paintball.

I am ashamed of people like you and don't think should be able to even mention the word paintball.

I would PM this to you but I think this is something everyone needs to hear and might even be considered spam.

EDIT>>>Holy crap I'm not in the imp forum. I am gunna get flamed.

PREVIOUS POST OF MINE CONCERNING ICD <VS> SMART PARTS>>> I'l admit that the trigger That comes on impulses has alot of side play and he was probably using a stock bolt from what I hear of it.(not smart) but that doesn't mean it should perform sloppy. As for the LPR setup I see no reason for this to affect the guns playing abilities, _unless_ he did't have it set up correctly wich I doubt he would by the sounds of things considering it broke on him... Personaly I don't know why he would spend money on the LPR before having a delrin bolt any way. LPR's especialy can be hard to setup flawlessly.

As for bushies I know of one shop in my town that won't even carry Indian Creek Design markers because of all the internal failures and leaks he has seen with the in my opinion cheaply made guns. <<(I'l get flammed for that one) People who buy from ICD are usualy looking for a gun that comes with a delrin bolt and what looks to be a decent trigger.<<(That one too)After all why buy from ICD when you could have an SP with more aftermarket part selection? I don't think this experience should affect your outlook on Smart Part guns at all. They back their products 100 percent and I will to until proven otherwise.

-Andrew
Yellow to green fade
Freak (with inserts soon to come)
Halo B "smoke"
Center flag Dynaflow HPA 68/45 Mounted adjustable bottle with CP rail drop.
Smart Parts red bottle cover (My gun is now RASTA! Ha!)
"Q-lock" feed neck.
*SOON TO COME*
Crossed off: 4 item(s)
-WAS board
-CP reg
-RIP valve
-Silk shot

(Insert Random statistics here)
Braided hoses piss me off.

Last edited by TheUsualSuspect : 11-19-2004 at 01:43 PM.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:48 PM   #15
TheUsualSuspect
I'm alowed to be biased

Oh yeah getting a TES is the worst idea I have ever heard. I think he was probably (EDITED to see what I said just look in penny's post.) at the time of this decision especialy because he already owns an IMP. As for the "eyes" on a TES, they are most likely crap.
Yellow to green fade
Halo B "smoke"
"Q-lock" feed neck.
*SOON TO COME*
-WAS board
-CP reg
-RIP valve
-Silk shot

Last edited by TheUsualSuspect : 11-20-2004 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:20 AM   #16
chinesebugrepel
Self proclaimed hugenaut

Re: Raging Fury Black

Quote:
Originally posted by TheUsualSuspect
What is your problem with smart parts? Is it the recent lawsuit against WGP? If so then do you even know the reasoning behind this lawsuit?
I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with WGP, considering that lawsuit hadn't even started by the time of his last post.

Read the dates people!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebonclaw
Trust me, you don't want to argue with chinese.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:29 AM   #17
pEnNyWiSdOm225

Send a message via Yahoo to pEnNyWiSdOm225
Quote:
Originally posted by TheUsualSuspect
I think he was probably drinking bleach at the time of this decision
The term"drinking bleach" or anything of the like is not accepted here at PBR anymore. Although it was not a direct statement towards him, it is still unacceptable.

Please edit your post.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:28 PM   #18
Killer Kat
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Killer Kat
Stick with the Imp. And don't play with bleach, it'll get ya "white" outta here.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:49 PM   #19
TheUsualSuspect
I'm alowed to be biased

Thumbs down

Yah I did not know what the rules on using the term "bleach" sorry if I caused anyone grief. I'm actualy a repete offender when it come to using it, especialy indirectly. Oh, well.
Yellow to green fade
Halo B "smoke"
"Q-lock" feed neck.
*SOON TO COME*
-WAS board
-CP reg
-RIP valve
-Silk shot

Old 11-21-2004, 06:48 AM   #20
pEnNyWiSdOm225

Send a message via Yahoo to pEnNyWiSdOm225
Quote:
Originally posted by Killer Kat
Stick with the Imp. And don't play with bleach, it'll get ya "white" outta here.
I almost laughed on that one KK
Closed Thread