pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Indian Creek Designs

Old 03-12-2004, 01:25 PM   #1
ImpYa
ICD Guru

Exclamation SP Mod Problems: Learn how to fix

If by some chance your SP Mod doesnt seem to be working great do the following...

Quote:
Originally posted by ShootPaint
If you grease the ram you have to make sure to clean the vent. If you dont the marker will not vent the gas properly and will cause it to chop like you are stating.

The only way to get to the vent is by removing the ram assembly and popping off the rear aluminum cap. With the cap removed you should be able to pull the hammer forwards and clean the inside of the ram housing. Clean the inside real well and lightly, I do mean lightly, grease the ram piston. This should cure your problem.
This is part of a PM I sent Travis when I had my BKO. Fixed the problem right up.

Another thing to consisder, dont run your LPR higher than it should.

You will be able to find this in the "Everthing sticky"
Old 03-13-2004, 12:01 PM   #2
Docster

Well Impya, I've been fiddling with my SP mod for about 4 months now, and its still pretty fickle. Nowhere near the performance I saw you get in your original video...

I pulled it out yesterday since I'm loaning my BKO next weekend to someone that doesn't know a thing about markers.

Too bad you don't have your BKO anymore, or I'd send it to you and ask you to troubleshoot it for me! Oh well. The BKO still rips even without the mod.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:14 PM   #3
ImpYa
ICD Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by Docster
Well Impya, I've been fiddling with my SP mod for about 4 months now, and its still pretty fickle. Nowhere near the performance I saw you get in your original video...

I pulled it out yesterday since I'm loaning my BKO next weekend to someone that doesn't know a thing about markers.

Too bad you don't have your BKO anymore, or I'd send it to you and ask you to troubleshoot it for me! Oh well. The BKO still rips even without the mod.
What are your reg settings?

Try getting a hold of travis. He will take your gun in and get her rocking for ya.
Old 03-14-2004, 12:24 AM   #4
Sir Stunna Lot

Send a message via AIM to Sir Stunna Lot Send a message via Yahoo to Sir Stunna Lot
set your HPR to 210-220.. regardless of valve.. i have an AKA valve in mine.. it works much better at higher HPR pressure than lower HPR psi

| http://icd-owners.com/ | http://www.wildadventurepaintball.com |
New MSN messenger: Sir_Stunna_Lot@jps.net
New AIM sn: x SirStunnaLot x
Sir Stunna Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 12:54 AM   #5
Docster

Hmm, maybe I'll try that pressure next. I'm currently running with a HPR about 180. (Had to turn the LPR up high enough to get the SP to cycle consistently - dry-firing that is) The marker works great with the stock ram and the Chaos.

With the SP mod, I can stop the bolt travel by blocking the pull pin easily enough. With paint in the breach, however, the ram vents and often there is not enough force to expel the paintball from the barrel. Or when it does, the velocities are very inconsistent, +/- 50.

This is with my dwell turned up and my rate of fire turned down. Also being fed by a Halo and a clamping lowrise.

When I pull the mod, I can pretty much rip. I'll try to troubleshoot it again after I lend it out next week (I'm letting a girl use it, aren't I nice?). I'm a little reluctant to send my gun to Travis. I think he's a little backed up (kudos to him though for the success of his biz), and I can't bear the thought of being without this gun for too long.
Old 03-14-2004, 01:21 AM   #6
Sir Stunna Lot

Send a message via AIM to Sir Stunna Lot Send a message via Yahoo to Sir Stunna Lot
hpr 210-220.. dwell @ 6
those are my setting
i use the lpr to adjust my velocity

| http://icd-owners.com/ | http://www.wildadventurepaintball.com |
New MSN messenger: Sir_Stunna_Lot@jps.net
New AIM sn: x SirStunnaLot x
Sir Stunna Lot is offline   Reply With Quote