pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > Impulse

Old 04-07-2004, 07:59 PM   #1
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
Post Upgrades

Now, most upgrades for your impulse are good right? True. More and more upgrades on your impulse are even better, right? True. Now the more you upgrade you gun the better it gets, right? True (I bet you think this is dumb, but just wait). Even though all of the above is definitely true, there is one huge popular misconception about upgrading. That is, many people believe (and this is a very common and understandable mistake) that even once you upgrade your gun more and more, making it better and better, the parts you put on it will still have the huge, "how could I have lived without this before," effect on the gun's performance. In other words, many believe that if they own a gun, like a Rat Jr. for example (which comes with a voodoo bolt), that if they buy an equalizer (the bolt), their performance will get much much better (their gunís performance will be better, but not that much better or even nearly as much as they believed, or were led to believe it would get). That is because people, like me, go around these forums telling people with stock impulse (or lightly upgraded impulses with no new bolt) to buy a new designz equalizer bolt because it is better than any other bolt. Even though this is true, they still expect to see the amazing results out of their setup+the equalizer bolt that one might see out of a stock impulse and an equalizer bolt (now I know the results are not than amazing, but the equalizer does work much much better than the stock bolt/the equalizer to stock bolt ratio is much more than the equalizer to voodoo bolt ratio).

-Think of it in numbers, first we rate the bolt,
-Equalizer=10,
-Stock=1,
-Voodoo=8,
-Now put them into ratios,
Equalizer over stock = 10/1 = 10
Equalizer over voodoo = 10/8 = 1.25
-Now you mathematically see that the performance difference between the equalizer and stock is much higher than the performance difference between the equalizer and voodoo, which tells you that there is a huge improvement when upgrading from a stock to equalizer, but less of an increase in performance when up grading from a voodoo to equalizer.

Okay, Iíll give you time to digest that...

So what Iím saying is that people need to realize that once you have a super hooked up impulse, something like a new valve or different bolt or bolt pin won't increase their gun's performance as if they only owned a ďpoor man's pulseĒ and bought the same part.

Again, in other words, the more you upgrade, the harder it becomes to get your gun to work noticeably better after each successive upgrade. I hope everyone who reads this understands what Iím trying to say, and it really isn't that big of an issue, just something I would like all of you good people to be aware of.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Here are some comments made by satisfied questioners:
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"I care, Mike....(dramatic pause)....i care..."-Master_Chadwick
"lol wow mike u really are a G...hahhahhahhahhahhaha
what a pimp " -wanabe TOSA
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
toothpastedog, come to Canada right now.-MBPG
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
toothpastedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 08:17 PM   #2
shortman506

Send a message via AIM to shortman506
i get it. this should be stickied, pretty good info.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:34 PM   #3
cactushugger
hey

Send a message via AIM to cactushugger
you continue to put me in awe toothpastedog.
ND rip valve
SP mini LPR kit
SP All American back.
Smart parts medium rise
*WAS equilizer board*

Quote:
Originally posted by Crede777
i got shot in the side of my helmet.
cactushugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:23 PM   #4
Hyperballin
THE DOWN COAST BALLER

Send a message via AIM to Hyperballin
Weight...

If i get the equalizer bolt, will i have to get a new hammer to balance the weight out.?

HAL0 2 IS THE STUFF!
IF you play x box live hit me up my name is
Bluewango 35 legit foo! or Greg Hastings Max'd
Hyperballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:27 PM   #5
zZzZZ

Send a message via AIM to zZzZZ
i get yur post but, u should of added that some parts can make yur gun worst then b4
zZzZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 10:56 PM   #6
SPPaintball
Smart Parts

Whoa, I get it . . . kind of. I have a headache now lol

Quote:
Originally posted by Caleb98
I would have pimp smacked the kid with my pimp hand...it's too strong for any mortal to withstand...
Quote:
Originally posted by MaLfUnCtIoN
which one was the male in that? i'm having trouble grasping the concept. i figure vcr would prolly be the female but then again a tv is more loud and can be annoying so that could...
SPPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 08:09 AM   #7
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
Quote:
Originally posted by zZzZZ
i get yur post but, u should of added that some parts can make yur gun worst then b4
this is true too, there are some parts, that when put onto certain gun setups, make the gun work worse than before they were installed. for example, if you want to install a tapeworm (because you have heard so many good things about them) on your impulse, yet you already have an lpr setup on it, it would make the gun work worse, not to mention it would be imossible to installed a tapeworm on an impulse with an lpr, than before. it is hard for me to tell you all the different 'upgrades' that would make you impulse preform poorly because some parts will on some setups, yet those same parts will normally work great on other setups-which means if some one asks me if a certain upgrade is a good idea for their gun setup i will be able to answer them though because it is a specific case.

don't let all this get to your head though, remember, upgrades are good and it is very hard to find an upgrade that will truely hurt your gun's preformance.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 04-08-2004, 08:15 AM   #8
Juvenile
Black Label

Send a message via AIM to Juvenile
toothpaste - you're so knowledgeable, it's awesome... BUT DAMN is it hard to read your posts with huge paragraphs clumped together. Haha
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 08:16 AM   #9
toothpastedog

thanks, what do you think i should do to make them more user friendly-space them out-what do you think?

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 04-08-2004, 08:18 AM   #10
Juvenile
Black Label

Send a message via AIM to Juvenile
Quote:
Originally posted by toothpastedog
thanks, what do you think i should do to make them more user friendly-space them out-what do you think?
Definitely by typing in correct paragraphs, setting up your lists better, etc. Hard to explain, but huge clumped paragraphs kill the eyes
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 08:24 AM   #11
toothpastedog

yeh, i guess that is pretty obvious, thanks.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 04-08-2004, 09:30 AM   #12
cockerguy182

still a awesome post though, you always seem to amaze me with the stuff you come up with, but yea it is sorta hard to read it,
Phase 1, Freeflow Rythm CF, Dust Grey to Black body (At home, yay), Fang Detent (Installed) Freak Barrel 12 in. ( At home ) AKA Tornado Valve, Jackal High speed Hammer, KAPP s/s screw set, Jackal Stainless Steel IVG,
Phase 2, Besales .44 Magnaum ram W/ QEV's, Low ridin Palmer rock regulator, Besales Bullet 3-way
Phase 3, Palmer fatty stabilizer, CCM J2 04 Frame,
Phase 4, Hose kit, macroline kit, misc,

98 percent of american teens have tried pot, if your one of the 2 percent, put this in your sig
cockerguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 03:20 PM   #13
Porkchop9415

Talking

Wow, you are like the master of the impulse.

I get that the equalizer is the best bolt now.
Porkchop9415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 04:42 PM   #14
aijuswananayme

Send a message via AIM to aijuswananayme
actually there are better bolts then the equalizer, or i guess its really some what preference. oh and toothpastdog sence yoru such a champ, what all do i weigh to get my pulses internals weight and whats a good weight
aijuswananayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:16 PM   #15
toothpastedog

well, around 1200 works well, but you can get good performance with any internal wieght as long as the wieght is centered on the hammer.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting