pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > Impulse

Old 05-16-2004, 05:21 PM   #1
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
Post Impulses Can Sweet Spot?

Sweet Spotting, the low down from your resident gangster:

Right now, in the impulse forum at least, there seems to be a lot of confusion about what “sweet spotting” really is.

“Isn’t that called trigger bounce?”
-The sweet spotting I am most familiar with (most commonly noticed on ebade’s and mags with an X-valve or Retro-valve) is sweet spotting the trigger. This is when you pull the trigger down very slowly until you come upon a point on the trigger where it will fire the gun, then you back off a TINY bit and hold lightly. If you found the sweet spot (which I think should be renamed the G-spot) the recoil of the gun is strong enough to make the gun fire again. Sweet spotting the trigger basically makes the gun go full auto, but really good trigger sweet spotter can actually how long/fast their strings of paint are. For most people though, sweet spotting I a waste of time because they can fire the gun faster by just walking the trigger

“Why the hell did my local cocker tech say he was sweet spotting the gun for?”
-If you were to sweet spotting the gun, or its regulator(s) basically means to find the perfect pressure(s)/spring combo/weight to make the gun super efficient and function at its peak of performance. This type of sweet spotting is most commonly referred to when working on cockers, although I have heard it used with impulses and other guns as well.

“Well then why did my coach tell me to practice sweet spotting the field?”
-He told you that because he wanted you to start playing well. Sweet spotting the field is when you, after study the field, get in the best positions to be able to put a ****load of paint on the opposing team’s key bunkers while also not being really easy to shoot out from the other side of the field. Sweet spotting the lanes is basically the same thing, but has to do with preventing your opponents from reaching their bunkers more than it has to do with finding your key bunker.

I am sure there are other types of “Sweet Spotting” out there, perhaps sweet spotting your barrel might become a popular term, but we shall see.

-Sweet Spotting the trigger: finding a position on the trigger pull where the gun fire full auto.
- Sweet Spotting the Gun/Reg(s): finding the optimum spring combo/weight and pressure to get your gun to function at its peak of performance.
- Sweet Spotting the Field: finding/getting to the best bunker you could possibly be in to rule the field.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Here are some comments made by satisfied questioners:
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"I care, Mike....(dramatic pause)....i care..."-Master_Chadwick
"lol wow mike u really are a G...hahhahhahhahhahhaha
what a pimp " -wanabe TOSA
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
toothpastedog, come to Canada right now.-MBPG
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
toothpastedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 05:26 PM   #2
Awhislyle
I hold the conch!

Send a message via ICQ to Awhislyle Send a message via AIM to Awhislyle Send a message via MSN to Awhislyle Send a message via Yahoo to Awhislyle Send a message via Skype™ to Awhislyle
I like the first type of sweet spotting the most, cause evewn though i can walk it faster, its just fun too do
Old 05-16-2004, 05:27 PM   #3
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
like off the break...

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 05-16-2004, 05:31 PM   #4
Awhislyle
I hold the conch!

Send a message via ICQ to Awhislyle Send a message via AIM to Awhislyle Send a message via MSN to Awhislyle Send a message via Yahoo to Awhislyle Send a message via Skype™ to Awhislyle
More like I-Frame, but off the breaks ok too...

JUst kidding
Old 05-16-2004, 06:42 PM   #5
Juvenile
Black Label

Send a message via AIM to Juvenile
Quote:
Originally posted by Awhislyle
More like I-Frame, but off the breaks ok too...

JUst kidding
I-Frame V3
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 06:46 PM   #6
toothpastedog

2 letters and 2 word:

Modified AI Frame

woot woot

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 05-16-2004, 08:55 PM   #7
SPPaintball
Smart Parts

resident gangster

Quote:
Originally posted by Caleb98
I would have pimp smacked the kid with my pimp hand...it's too strong for any mortal to withstand...
Quote:
Originally posted by MaLfUnCtIoN
which one was the male in that? i'm having trouble grasping the concept. i figure vcr would prolly be the female but then again a tv is more loud and can be annoying so that could...
SPPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 09:37 PM   #8
SuperBeaner
We Are Not Scaremongering

Send a message via AIM to SuperBeaner
La Canada is known for it's gangsters like Watts is known for it's contemporary and avant garde architecture.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:15 AM   #9
toothpastedog

hey, what can i say, i live in the "ghetto" of "old la canada."

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 05-17-2004, 01:53 PM   #10
Vw Billabong wV
1 0wn5 j00

Send a message via AIM to Vw Billabong wV
Thumbs up

yes, toothpaste is quite the gangster if i do say so my self...
  • Blue I-frame
  • clear dye panel grips (shexy)
  • slick shot ram
  • mid-weight hammer
  • rip valve
  • new designs equalizer bolt
  • ti pull pin

coming soon:
lpr/ans kit
freak kit
was board
new annodizing(i want a fade)

The Gear:
  • Dye 04 Proto Mask
  • Redz 4 pod comfort pack with 2 clear and 2 blue dye speed pods

I <3 TOOTHPASTEDOG
Vw Billabong wV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 10:02 AM   #11
Calebd2
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Calebd2
This and the other thread you PMed me about have been added to the sticky. Thanks again Toothpaste.
Calebd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 01:05 PM   #12
toothpastedog

thanks you

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 04-10-2005, 05:43 PM   #13
Team DarkStar

Send a message via Yahoo to Team DarkStar
Is sweet spotting illegal in tournaments???
Team DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:49 PM   #14
ase
"Paintball" is not a verb

Send a message via AIM to ase
how are they going to catch you? if your board is legal, then sure
Old 04-10-2005, 09:49 PM   #15
toothpastedog

sweetspotting, as a technique, is not illegal in tournies. the things is though, a gun that can be sweet spotted is illegal. so, if you follow my logic, sweetspotting in, in a round about way, illegal in tournies. if your gun fires more than one shot per trigger pull, which some exceptions now adays in specific tournies, it is an illegal marker and cannot be used during the event.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 04-11-2005, 01:45 AM   #16
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Send a message via AIM to speedy2k4
my friend has a cocker. he has an 04, with stock back block, bolt, all the heavy stuff. he has alot of kick. he also has an eblade e1. we set his trigger very light, and his filter settings very short. he can basically use his lpr to turn the sweetspotting mode on/off if he turns it up, the extra cocking pressure creates enough kick for sweetspotting, and turn the lpr down a little, and it stops, it's great! but yeah, you might want to avoid doing it near a ref, or just don't do it in a tourney. not worth the chance of the boot. not when you pay $200+ entry fee.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:49 PM   #17
Team DarkStar

yeah i was actually thinking on the same basis. Turning down my lpr just a lil bit more cuz i think w/ less pressure at the solenoid it just might help just enough w/ the kick to not bounce like it did. I had just messed around w/ my lpr too so maybe i kinda left it a lil too high on pressure causing it to bounce.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:58 PM   #18
toothpastedog

an impulse shouldn't bounce too much even with the lpr's output around 180psi-the bounce is more likely caused by the debounce setting on you controller board, if you have a board with debounce, and/or the trigger pull doesn't give the switch ample space/time to reset.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 04-11-2005, 05:02 PM   #19
Team DarkStar

well all i have is 2004 gameface vision w/ the Blue light cricket board and cp roller trigger that u are not able to use ECS on. there is no way to change the debounce on it as far as i know. I have tried my trigger adjustment several different ways to no avail. what next???
Old 04-11-2005, 05:04 PM   #20
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Send a message via AIM to speedy2k4
yeah it still can, not too much, not like a cocker. the thing with the cocker: more pressure slamming the back block up gainst the rear of the gun moves the body of the gun forward, while the trigger wants to stay put and if the magnet is light enough, it will stay while the rest of the gun moves forward which will activate the trigger. it can go full auto because of this. impulses don't do it as easily, but still can.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote