pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > Impulse

Old 06-09-2004, 06:37 PM   #1
master_chadwick
Tom The Megaton Bomb

Send a message via AIM to master_chadwick
Post All About Triggers and Trigger Frames

I've seen alot of Trigger questions popping up here and there and then i got in the Zone and decided to give the down-low on all the popular triggers and frames availible and their pros and cons. So Enjoy.

THE BLADE TRIGGER: ECLIPSE AND NEW DESIGNZ
The blade standard(not magno) uses your stock spring. or you could cut down a ballpoint clicky pen for a lighter pull. with a cut down spring. cut down correctly can be plenty fast for an impulse user. It is a cheaper alternative to magnets.

The magnos blades use magnets, hence the name magno, they feel alot better IMO almost like nothing is there to resist you pulling the trig but does return the trigger, its a good feeling. I would recommend spending a little more on a magno (and i do mean little, about 10 dollars more) overall they preform and feel alot better than even the most perfect spring Blade.

ND or ECLIPSE?

I would recommend the ND mango as far as blade trigs go, they get rid of more Side to side play than an Eclipse, have pre loctited adjustment screws, and used english hex wrenches, where the eclipse blades are made in europe they use metric wrenches. thats just what i recommend if you can try the trigs before hand, do it.
oh yeah and if you have a big budget consider a new frame,

HYPER SPORTS WORKS I FRAME
the I frames are sweet as they make your profile smaller and are fast and adjustable but are spring triggers.

OFF THE BREAK 90* VERT FRAME

the OTB's are Magnetic trigs with the comfort of a 90* grip, makes the gun taller but is really comfortable and fast and adjustable, won't accept after market grips like the I frame and AI frame but the grips are good and comfy.

ANDRENALINE PAINTBALL AI FRAME
then there is the underdog AI adrenaline frame. kinda like an I frame but from what i've been told with a proper mod and adjustment can be faster and better than both the OTB and the I frame. Toothpastedog can do this mod for you. the Adrenaline frame does also bring the frame closer to the forgrip and a different inline reg will be needed if you are using a maxflow inline and has a magnetic trigger. without the mod the trigger is stiff, slow, and very difficult to walk.

Hope that was helpful

Prices and Where to buy

Blades from both eclipse and ND cost about $20 new
Magno blades From both eclipse and ND cost about $30-$35 range new i bellieve both can be purchased from www.e-paintballoutlet.com

The I frame costs about 140 for the V2 and the V3 is 160. (note that V2's fit all boards and the V3's only fit the Blue light Crickets) they sell these on ebay search for HSW and you'll get a list of HSW products

The OTB costs about 125. purchased at www.e-paintballoutlet.com

Adrenaline Frames cost about 145 and TPD's mod is 20 bucks. Adrenaline Frames can be bought at www.buypb.com

also contact Toothpastedog for pricing as he can sell you many of those as well. and install the parts and such if you feel unsure to do it yourself. Pimp Your Imp With TPD

If you haven't read it Read it now
http://www.kamworld.net/paintball/ImpulseFAQ.html

Who is master_chadwick?

Quote:
Originally posted by lewdogg21
I love when our big guns come out and produce real factual information that you can learn from. Man, I feel like master chadwick is moses right about now. SHOW ME THE WAY THRU THE DESERT!

TPD, you can be his pack mule. lol

Last edited by master_chadwick : 09-13-2004 at 06:17 PM.
master_chadwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 06:40 PM   #2
Awhislyle
I hold the conch!

Send a message via ICQ to Awhislyle Send a message via AIM to Awhislyle Send a message via MSN to Awhislyle Send a message via Yahoo to Awhislyle Send a message via Skype™ to Awhislyle
Looks good man, might wanna PM caleb to get this in the Ultimate Sticky

Last edited by Awhislyle : 06-09-2004 at 06:49 PM.
Awhislyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 06:52 PM   #3
master_chadwick
Tom The Megaton Bomb

Thank you much. and will do.

Who is master_chadwick?

Quote:
I love when our big guns come out and produce real factual information that you can learn from. Man, I feel like master chadwick is moses right about now. SHOW ME THE WAY THRU THE DESERT!

Old 06-09-2004, 08:32 PM   #4
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
just to help with some AI frame info: AI FRAME SUPER REVIEW
Some One Say OTB Frame?
Wait, You Can Adjust That?
It Isn't Really That Sharp

(never to let some one take all the credit)

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Here are some comments made by satisfied questioners:
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"I care, Mike....(dramatic pause)....i care..."-Master_Chadwick
"lol wow mike u really are a G...hahhahhahhahhahhaha
what a pimp " -wanabe TOSA
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
toothpastedog, come to Canada right now.-MBPG
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting

Last edited by toothpastedog : 06-09-2004 at 08:37 PM.
toothpastedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 05:25 AM   #5
master_chadwick
Tom The Megaton Bomb

Well you know i did tell them to contact you in the first place

Who is master_chadwick?

Quote:

Old 06-21-2004, 09:57 AM   #6
master_chadwick
Tom The Megaton Bomb

up, for educational purposes

Who is master_chadwick?

Quote:

Old 06-21-2004, 06:12 PM   #7
rhchilipepper4
Answer then Spam!

Send a message via AIM to rhchilipepper4
UP, because I don't even own an impy!

This is the Artshark Memorial..... We miss you Art!!!

member of the Anti-Art Club! PM me to join!
members-Me, ImpYa, Lucky7, Kowz_76, ShadowWalker, DirtMcgirt, yoda101, shoebag2000, CnCmaster4life, sonnemann, Spartan 2, NASimpy, lilnate91, penguins_r_kewl, Drift or die86, greenshoes3, paintballer334, alouba, azazal, QuiksilverMV, I.A.O.A.B
rhchilipepper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 07:33 PM   #8
AR55 MtM

Need to make it prettier after all it is going to go in the sticky
AR55 MtM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 07:50 PM   #9
nos911
Killing Machine

Send a message via AIM to nos911
Yeah, if you bolded/underlined the titles it would make it easier to read.
nos911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:35 AM   #10
master_chadwick
Tom The Megaton Bomb

Thanks for the suggestions guys

Who is master_chadwick?

Quote:

Old 09-10-2004, 05:53 PM   #11
puckscantpassme

I have the stock frame with vission, i was thinking about getting a new frame wich one would be the best?
puckscantpassme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 07:23 PM   #12
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
well, your two best bets are the OTB frame and the I-frame.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 09-10-2004, 07:40 PM   #13
Dark Master

Ah,very nice......do i smell a stickey...?
Dark Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 08:04 AM   #14
toothpastedog

yeh, we smelled it like 3 months ago, but our lovely mod is talking his good long time...

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 09-12-2004, 01:45 AM   #15
CoolHand
LogicPaintball.com

Send a message via AIM to CoolHand
You all forgot one - Ripper V2.0

Just lettin' ya know.

Thanks for your time.

Visit our website - www.LogicPaintball.com

Click Here to EMail Me

Click Here for My FeedBack.
CoolHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 11:44 AM   #16
ghost1
805 p-Balla

Send a message via AIM to ghost1
I have a problem, I just got my imp. vision and the nd pro mag. I tried instaling it and the little magnet that comes with it doesnt fit in the body. So i had to just install the trigger with just the spring. I'd like to include the magnet to get the most outta my marker but it doesn't fit. Please help!!!
Pure Energy 68cu 3000 psi
Blue CP Reg
ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 03:57 PM   #17
toothpastedog

well, if you unscewed the screw that held the spring in there from the top, then it will fit... fo sho. sometime you need to be very slow and pacient with them, cause they can be *****y. also remember to put a bit of loctite on the magnetic screw's threads, but just a bit. also, remember to install the screw magnetic side up (you screw it in from the top, but you stick the allen wrench up through the bottom to actually screw it "down") before you install the trigger, or else you won't me able to adjust it. good luck. just be pacient with it...

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 09-13-2004, 06:21 AM   #18
master_chadwick
Tom The Megaton Bomb

Quote:
Originally posted by toothpastedog
yeh, we smelled it like 3 months ago, but our lovely mod is talking his good long time...
Its been stickied now. i'll update it with the new frames and such when i get home, as i am slacking off in multimedia class right now

Who is master_chadwick?

Quote:

Old 09-13-2004, 06:34 AM   #19
toothpastedog

btw tom, my friend got ddr, it's da ****...

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 09-13-2004, 06:40 AM   #20
toothpastedog

double post!!! , one more thing master_C, you don't need a new in line reg with the i-frame, an reg will work with them. you also might want to update that the AI is more adjustible: i explain more at the end of my review of the AI... nice work man. http://www.pbreview.com/products/rev...&page=1#102932

New AI (A.I.M.) Trigger Frame:
--THE NEW A.I.M. TRIGGER FRAME
Adrenalin has Modified there old frame so that you now have your choice of spring or magnet pulls, at any strength. (Keep in mind if the marker is not purchased from us, you will not have these upgrades(these upgrades are done in house), nor will you qualify for the Adrenalin Warranty Coverage. The Adrenalin Grip Frame is a 1-piece frame/solenoid tray housing. We relocated the solenoid tray setup to decrease the height by 1/2" and we moved the entire grip forward quite aggressively. There are no milled sections for the old style on/off switch on the left or the rubber cover on the right side.

Features of the A.I.M. Trigger Frame:
-- Totally adjustable magnet pull strengths (as weak or as strong as you like).
-- Or if you like a spring feel, drop in the Spring, were you can also adjusted your trigger pull as strong or as weak as you like.
-- New Side to Side adjustment screws, keeps it nice and tight or you can make it sloppy, if you so desire.
-- New battery stabilizer adjustment, keeps your battery locked in place so your not wondering what that rattling noise is all the time.
-- Your choice if triggers are: Double Finger, Double Stick or Single.
-- Micro Switch View Window, so you can actually see the micro switch to insure a proper setup.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting