pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > Impulse

Old 08-22-2004, 09:03 PM   #1
OSUARCHITECT

Send a message via AIM to OSUARCHITECT
B2K4 W/ Pds Vs. Impulse vision...

Which one is better and why...Intelligent answers only please.
2k5 Black/Blue Fade Alias Intimidator, Hybrid Ram Cap, PBK Hard blue detents, Redz Barrel Kit, VP Hose Guard, Mac Dev 100psi gauge, Orange bolt with light spring, Techna Scythe II, Advantage Virtue Board, Contract Killer grips, CCM no-pro feedneck, AKA Sidewinder Reg, VP delrin LPR piston, Shocktech mini drop & On/Off, Halo B w/ z-code & rip drive, Crossfire 68/4500 LP w/ redz cover.
OSUARCHITECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 09:13 PM   #2
Beatmanias
My School...

Send a message via ICQ to Beatmanias Send a message via AIM to Beatmanias Send a message via Yahoo to Beatmanias
Basically... there's no way to answer this without a flamming thread.... b2k4 has better looks and comes with lpr and adjustable triggers stock... impy has much more upgrades and is cheaper... I mean i can go on and on about his, so you can do a search on this because you'll find lots of threads.
2k3 Impulse #23100
[size=6]

My Feedback
Beatmanias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 09:40 PM   #3
Awhislyle
I hold the conch!

Send a message via ICQ to Awhislyle Send a message via AIM to Awhislyle Send a message via MSN to Awhislyle Send a message via Yahoo to Awhislyle Send a message via Skype™ to Awhislyle
Bk0>Impy>B2k

Old 08-23-2004, 03:57 AM   #4
OSUARCHITECT

Basically I'm torn between the two so this is sort of a fact finding mission.
2k5 Black/Blue Fade Alias Intimidator, Hybrid Ram Cap, PBK Hard blue detents, Redz Barrel Kit, VP Hose Guard, Mac Dev 100psi gauge, Orange bolt with light spring, Techna Scythe II, Advantage Virtue Board, Contract Killer grips, CCM no-pro feedneck, AKA Sidewinder Reg, VP delrin LPR piston, Shocktech mini drop & On/Off, Halo B w/ z-code & rip drive, Crossfire 68/4500 LP w/ redz cover.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:16 AM   #5
Dark Master

If you are willing to spend that much for a B2k w/ PDS,why not buy a custom impulse?I suggest a Rat Jr since it is around the price or a B2k w/ PDS.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:30 AM   #6
OSUARCHITECT

I'm not sure I follow you there...B2k4 w/pds run around $495 an impulse with vision costs about $550.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:45 AM   #7
lewdogg21
Master & Commander

Send a message via AIM to lewdogg21 Send a message via Yahoo to lewdogg21
Sorry if this seems out of place but it is being asked to aid our thread starter.

Does the stock reg's still basically suck with Bushy's/bko's? What about their stock lpr's?

My favorite quote ever regarding a paintball gun.
Quote:
this is a killer. it will kill every thing in front of you.
lewdogg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 08:57 AM   #8
Beatmanias
My School...

Send a message via ICQ to Beatmanias Send a message via AIM to Beatmanias Send a message via Yahoo to Beatmanias
The stock regs on BKOs and B2k4s don't SUCK but they aren't as good as the maxflos, as for the lprs, impys don't come with lpr stock so you have to get one and i dunno how good the stock lpr is on the bkos and b2k4s...

what dark master probably meant was that for a little more you could get a RJR for $575 and it could kick a b2k4's As_ anyday. Sure you can have PDS but i doubt that's really necessary. I have a OTB ed impy with a halo and i have only chopped once or twice.
2k3 Impulse #23100
[size=6]

My Feedback
Old 08-23-2004, 08:58 AM   #9
Dark Master

if u get a vision imp.u would still have to get a new bolt(the stock one sucks,cause its metal),a tapeworm,and a new trigger if u want,Rat jr come stock with tapeworm,voodoo bolt,no rise feedneck,and a eclipse blade trigger.Also it dosnt cost anymore to get a color you want.It might not have vision,but i think vision is a waste and you should get WAS.Rat jr are better then stock impulses,and you get really nice milling. and rat jr are only $525
Old 08-23-2004, 09:38 AM   #10
OSUARCHITECT

where can I find a rat impulse? Have you guys heard of the Cash money impulse? Is that any good?
Old 08-23-2004, 09:40 AM   #11
lewdogg21
Master & Commander

Send a message via AIM to lewdogg21 Send a message via Yahoo to lewdogg21
There is a good site who sells rats with different stages, Search the fourms for the link. I don't know it otherwise I'd just give it to ya.

My favorite quote ever regarding a paintball gun.
Quote:
this is a killer. it will kill every thing in front of you.
lewdogg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 09:51 AM   #12
Beatmanias
My School...

the rat impulses can be found at www.ratpb.com and the cash money impulses are well... expensive and they give you less upgrades, so stick with the RATs.
2k3 Impulse #23100
[size=6]

My Feedback
Old 08-23-2004, 10:50 AM   #13
impy1511
The Don

Send a message via AIM to impy1511
ya rats are sweet

http://www.*******s.com/nspaintball.com our team we pretty sweet
impy1511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 11:00 AM   #14
Dark Master

thats why i got one,rats by far the best bang for ur buck imo
Old 08-23-2004, 01:33 PM   #15
Azn_Boy
The #1 Chinese Chan-Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Master
thats why i got one,rats by far the best bang for ur buck imo

even though i may not have 1 and i wished i did ...........the rat imps r the way to go

†*IMPULSE*†setup:
03 impulse with vision with vert reg + 14 inch stiffi + NDZ blade trigger, flame eye cover + SP twister feed + CP rail with CP on/off asa

Shocker setup:
Pewter Dynasty shocker + Vision + the nerve board(soon to be a dynasty board) + freak barrel + ccm clamping neck + HE bolt + Cp rail w/ Cp on/off + Halo B with z-code
Quote:
Originally posted by Hyperballin
How much paint do you want to use? Are you a snobby rick kid whos parent pays for paint?
azn = asian
Go to this site: pbroom.proboards23.com
Azn_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 01:35 PM   #16
nos911
Killing Machine

Send a message via AIM to nos911
Quote:
Originally posted by Awhislyle
Bk0 < Impy < B2k
Arrows are backwards, silly goof. But that doesn't mean I agree with you.
nos911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:20 PM   #17
VeNoM
Wish You Were Here...

Send a message via AIM to VeNoM
PDS > Vision ...

That is one of the main reasons I have a Freestyle and not a Shocker right now, the logic used in the reflective vision sensor is not very reliable... PDS on the other hand, is a break beam that will NOT fire if there is not a ball presently in the breach, unlike vision....

Not to mention, ICD spends less money on teams and advertising and more on quality products, research and development...

NWDP - We Are Cooler Than You ClubN

Black 2k3 Half-Mill Viking, WAS, Eyes, JMJ Eye Covers, Razor trigger, CCM Lo-rise, Dye Stickies, 68/45 Hyperflow, Empire Reloader B PIC

Me & My Speed

"When the Power of Love over comes the Love of Power the World will know Peace" - Jimi Hendrix
VeNoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:33 PM   #18
OSUARCHITECT

I ordered a level 2 Rat Impulse Jr. Hopefully I'll be very happy with my decision and want to keep it forever...
Old 08-24-2004, 12:12 PM   #19
nos911
Killing Machine

Send a message via AIM to nos911
Quote:
Originally posted by VeNoM
PDS > Vision ...

That is one of the main reasons I have a Freestyle and not a Shocker right now, the logic used in the reflective vision sensor is not very reliable... PDS on the other hand, is a break beam that will NOT fire if there is not a ball presently in the breach, unlike vision....

Not to mention, ICD spends less money on teams and advertising and more on quality products, research and development...
Guys, whether you like it or not, Venom is ABSOLUTELY correct.
nos911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 12:16 PM   #20
Dark Master

sadly,yes he is...