pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > Impulse

Old 08-25-2004, 01:19 PM   #1
Dav-Thompson

Cool BKO or IMPULSE

Hey Everybody!!!

Lately I've been looking for a new gun and I've narrowed it down to 2 guns.

Bko
or
Impulse

Could you guys help me decide?
Thanx
Old 08-25-2004, 01:36 PM   #2
IwAnNaShOoTyOu

Send a message via Yahoo to IwAnNaShOoTyOu
every1 in the ICD forum told you bko and evr1 here is gonna tell you impulse

2k4 Blue Impulse
WAS Equilizer Board - HSW V3 I-Frame - Check It Lowrise
AKA SCM LPR w/ NDZ LPR Nipple - AKA SIdeWinder - NDZ - Everything
IwAnNaShOoTyOu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 01:37 PM   #3
impy1511
The Don

Send a message via AIM to impy1511
impulse by far out of those but if u are lookin at bushys then look at the b2k but i still say impulse it has more upgrades

http://www.*******s.com/nspaintball.com our team we pretty sweet
impy1511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 01:46 PM   #4
Awhislyle
I hold the conch!

Send a message via ICQ to Awhislyle Send a message via AIM to Awhislyle Send a message via MSN to Awhislyle Send a message via Yahoo to Awhislyle Send a message via Skype™ to Awhislyle
^

If you are going too get a Bushy get a b2k the bk0s are trash
Old 08-25-2004, 01:58 PM   #5
purebballer69

Send a message via AIM to purebballer69
i wouldn't say there that bad of a gun since u get one new for 260.
purebballer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 04:20 PM   #6
Dav-Thompson

Cool

Just by the way i assumed that if i posted that question in a Bko forum then most people would say Bko, thats why i also posted the same thread in the sp impulse forum, to get there side on it. Just sayin this so noone points that out to me again.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:55 PM   #7
RainTreeBoy
Watch out, Mr. Scale!

Send a message via AIM to RainTreeBoy Send a message via Yahoo to RainTreeBoy
B2K-409.
Imp-460.

Both of these were taken from www.pbgear.com, so why even consider a BKO? Between and Imp and a B2K, Im going to have to say B2K, and I know this is the SP forum, so I dont want to argue much, but thats my opinion.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:57 PM   #8
SuperBeaner
We Are Not Scaremongering

Send a message via AIM to SuperBeaner
Dude, go for the BKO, Impulse SuXoRS!!11!
Honestly, it all depends on what you're looking for, quality, price, upgradeability. The BKO is of course 260 bucks, that's incredibly for any electro gun, and to my knowledge it brings a delrin bolt stock. The regulators nothing to make note about. Also it's not as upgradeable as the Impulse.
Impulse brings the mighty Max-flo reg as well as a progressive barrel stock, but it is about 200 dollars more (non-vision). Also, there are many upgrades from different companies such as new designz as well as a choice in what type of LPR you would like on it. Choice is yours, but if you're upgrading from a blowback, your first instinct is to go with the cheapest electro gun, then you'll get smarter and know to get the Impulse or a B2K.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:05 PM   #9
RainTreeBoy
Watch out, Mr. Scale!

Send a message via AIM to RainTreeBoy Send a message via Yahoo to RainTreeBoy
Quote:
Originally posted by SuperBeaner
Dude, go for the BKO, Impulse SuXoRS!!11!
Honestly, it all depends on what you're looking for, quality, price, upgradeability. The BKO is of course 260 bucks, that's incredibly for any electro gun, and to my knowledge it brings a delrin bolt stock. The regulators nothing to make note about. Also it's not as upgradeable as the Impulse.
Impulse brings the mighty Max-flo reg as well as a progressive barrel stock, but it is about 200 dollars more (non-vision). Also, there are many upgrades from different companies such as new designz as well as a choice in what type of LPR you would like on it. Choice is yours, but if you're upgrading from a blowback, your first instinct is to go with the cheapest electro gun, then you'll get smarter and know to get the Impulse or a B2K.
Sorry dude, but I hate this arguement. So many people think ICD guns arent upgradable...well they are, and just as upgradable as Imps in fact. They might not have as many companies making aftermarket parts for them like SP does, but the companies that do (Vapor, Zenitram, Mac Dev, AKA, etc.) are all quality parts.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:58 PM   #10
Awhislyle
I hold the conch!

Send a message via ICQ to Awhislyle Send a message via AIM to Awhislyle Send a message via MSN to Awhislyle Send a message via Yahoo to Awhislyle Send a message via Skype™ to Awhislyle
haha al;l the people from the ICD forums are coming over here and posting in this thread too, l;ets all go over there

Let me ask you this, how many custom Bk0s are being made?
How many custom imps are made?
Old 08-25-2004, 06:05 PM   #11
lotus_esprit5

Send a message via AIM to lotus_esprit5
Quote:
Also it's not as upgradeable as the Impulse.
Well you were right about the regulators. They have come a long way, but still have a little ways to go. I wish they would put the better 04 inline on the Extreme BKO's instead of the 03 inline. but, as the old argument goes, ICD guns do come stock with an LPR.

But that comment about the upgradeability is a common misconception and an old argument. Some of the companies that make ICD upgrades include OTB, Zenitram, Vaporworks, MACDev, AKA, Bonebrake, and a few others. Here are the parts that are available:
-3 bolts (4 including the Tantrum bolt, not as popular though)
-4 valves (5 including the Rocket valve)
-3 LPR's (Microrock, SCM, Sonic, all excellent)
-1 15* inline ASA
-3 trigger frames (45* magnetic, Vert magnetic, and Z-frame, plus there is Greg's magnetic mod for the stock frame which is very good)
-MANY triggers available from Acid Customs
-2 wiring harnesses (3 including Stunna's)
-Several different replacement eyes
-2 boards (Chaos and Techpro, both are much cheaper and just as good as WAS)
-Titanium Bolt pins (only $11! You would pay $20 for a stainless steel New Desingz Imp bolt pin)
-you can install you own LED to match your gun.
-cocker threads mean tons of barrels available
-Stainless steal screwe sets.
-PDS installation installed on non-PDS guns. SP doesnt do that.
-DV8 system, which gives you a new board, LCD, and eyes.
Many Bushy/BKO upgrades are cheaper than comparable Imp upgrades.

Almost every single one of these parts is worth buying and comparable to the best of the impulse aftermarket parts, and which ones people choose is a matter of personal preference more than a difference in performance between parts. Also, you dont need a new bolt for ICD guns, they come stock with delrin ones. My stock bolt is just an open-faced version of my friend's New Designz bolt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzng_spyderman View Post
<-- legend. like a mod, but without powers or motivation.
lotus_esprit5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 06:13 PM   #12
lotus_esprit5

Quote:
Let me ask you this, how many custom Bk0s are being made?
What does that have to do with anything? Do you think that the more custom imps are made, the better the stock imp's performance will be? i dont really get it. And most of those custom imps arent made because the imp is a better gun than the BKO, if that is what you are inferring. It is because every team has their own friggin Impulse and SP and other companies want to capitalize on the hype.

BTW, the Venom Bushy will clean house with any custom Imp (there isnt a single part on it that isnt aftermarket or modded). Gotta admit, those Ton Ton and Python imps are flashy though, and the Atomix one a few threads down is nice. But when you compare the performance and prices, custom bushies are generally better values than custom Imps.
Quote:
Old 08-25-2004, 07:38 PM   #13
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
Quote:
Originally posted by RainTreeBoy

Sorry dude, but I hate this arguement. So many people think ICD guns arent upgradable...well they are, and just as upgradable as Imps in fact. They might not have as many companies making aftermarket parts for them like SP does, but the companies that do (Vapor, Zenitram, Mac Dev, AKA, etc.) are all quality parts.
yes, true, but you do have one thing wrong, you cannot upgrade any bushmaster to the extent you can upgrade an impulse; for instance, a stock impulse with 270$ worth of parts put into it, and properly times, will out perform more than 90% of all bushmasters out there, period. impulses have more potencial than bushmasters, but they don't work as well out of the box. bushmasters in general are a better out of the box value than impulses, if you put the same amount of money, lets say 270$ again, into a stock bushmaster and a stock impulse, the impulse would out perform the bushmaster.

to Dav-Thompson: how much do you have to spend now, and in the future?

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Here are some comments made by satisfied questioners:
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"I care, Mike....(dramatic pause)....i care..."-Master_Chadwick
"lol wow mike u really are a G...hahhahhahhahhahhaha
what a pimp " -wanabe TOSA
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
toothpastedog, come to Canada right now.-MBPG
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
toothpastedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 08:16 PM   #14
lotus_esprit5

Quote:
if you put the same amount of money, lets say 270$ again, into a stock bushmaster and a stock impulse, the impulse would out perform the bushmaster.
Thats an interesting argument. I guess it might depend on the parts you buy. Regardless, the Bushy will be lighter (unless you mill the imp down) and have break-beam eyes. But maybe there's advantages the Imp can have that I'm not aware of. Here's what I would get for the B2K for $270.

-Vapor Valve ($35)
-CP inline ($60)
-Hoseless Microrock LPR ($90)
-Chaos Board ($78)
-25mg microswitch ($5)

That comes out to $268. It will be as fast as a WAS Impulse, and have a nonexistant trigger pull thanks to the new microswitch. It already has a delrin bolt, which can be chopped to give the gun less kick. The CP reg will have similar recharge as the Max-Flo. I'm not sure on the exact reg numbers. Maybe 190psi on the inline and 70psi on the LPR? thats probly a bit off, i need to ask someone with a setup like this. consistency will be +/-2 or so, maybe 3, the microrock is crazy consistent. Anyway, I'm curious to see what the best Imp setup for $270 is. New Designz internals? I hear they're good. what LPR's can you get?
Quote:
you cannot upgrade any bushmaster to the extent you can upgrade an impulse
The only Bushy parts you cant upgrade are the solenoid, manifold (Zenitram does a mod though), ram (there is the SP and R4 mods, but a whole new ram isnt needed), and tray (although you can order a different color one from ICD). So that is, I think, 2 extra parts that you can upgrade on the Imp and not the Bushy (tray and ram).
Quote:

Last edited by lotus_esprit5 : 08-25-2004 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:38 PM   #15
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
Quote:
Originally posted by lotus_esprit5

Thats an interesting argument. I guess it might depend on the parts you buy. Regardless, the Bushy will be lighter (unless you mill the imp down) and have break-beam eyes. But maybe there's advantages the Imp can have that I'm not aware of. Here's what I would get for the B2K for $270.

-Vapor Valve ($35)
-CP inline ($60)
-Hoseless Microrock LPR ($90)
-Chaos Board ($78)
-25mg microswitch ($5)

That comes out to $268. It will be as fast as a WAS Impulse, and have a nonexistant trigger pull thanks to the new microswitch. It already has a delrin bolt, which can be chopped to give the gun less kick. The CP reg will have similar recharge as the Max-Flo. I'm not sure on the exact reg numbers. Maybe 190psi on the inline and 70psi on the LPR? thats probly a bit off, i need to ask someone with a setup like this. consistency will be +/-2 or so, maybe 3, the microrock is crazy consistent. Anyway, I'm curious to see what the best Imp setup for $270 is. New Designz internals? I hear they're good. what LPR's can you get?

The only Bushy parts you cant upgrade are the solenoid, manifold (Zenitram does a mod though), ram (there is the SP and R4 mods, but a whole new ram isnt needed), and tray (although you can order a different color one from ICD). So that is, I think, 2 extra parts that you can upgrade on the Imp and not the Bushy (tray and ram).
you can upgrade the solenoid on the impulse... seriously, you get about 100-200 more shots per tank. for 270$, you can buy a lpr (50$+20$), a WAS board (with your favorite 25gr micro switch)(150$), a new blade trigger (20$), and a new stubby (already "chopped") bolt (30$). there you go, 270$. the cp reg actually has lower flow than the maxflo, and most other high end inline regs out there, which is why most perfer not to use it with a crossfire tank, so, in essence, they are two very differently performing regs.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 08-25-2004, 08:59 PM   #16
lotus_esprit5

hmmm...so it seems that out of $270, our guns are actually pretty even. Both have blade triggers, delrin bolts, fast-as-crap electronics (board and microswitch), your inline MAY be better (gotta look into that, I know the max-flo inline is flaunted as being one of the best on the market though, but supposedly the CP is up there), but my valve is probly better, and I'm not sure what kind of LPR you are talking about or how it compares to the microrock. is it an SP LPR?

I didnt know about the solenoid. How much does a new Imp noid cost?

BTW, ICD just started using new noids in Bushies, supposedly they are higher-flowing, but i dont know how much of a difference they make. But the only kind of bushy noids you can buy are the stock ones.
Quote:
Old 08-25-2004, 09:03 PM   #17
toothpastedog

you can buy higher flowing and faster-not that that aspect really matters-solenoids from smc for about 65$. i guess i was refering to an ans jackhammer II lpr, which is perfect when used with an input of 200psi, and an output of 65psi. the stock valve in the impulse is ideal for those pressures, so it works pretty damn well. the maxflo is perfect in every way except one-it is ****ing huge, that is why i personally would rather use a sidewinder to it, or really any other inline reg. i would also actually use a cp reg over a maxflo, or at least the stock ones, just due to their size difference.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 08-25-2004, 09:20 PM   #18
lotus_esprit5

well ive had fun and learned alot during this little exchange of ideas, but its late as crap. ill catch u later man.
Quote:
Old 08-26-2004, 06:14 AM   #19
OSUARCHITECT

Send a message via AIM to OSUARCHITECT
Rat Jr. are coming with otb bolts now stock...
The best valve in competition paintball just got better! As an extension of our best selling "college" series, we now offer the RJR college series.
Try to match this valve even with a stock bodied marker.
-Voodoo delrin bolt
-Ti pull pin
-Stainless steel Evil hammer
-Eclipse blade trigger
-Smart Parts "sticky" grips
-Hallo No rise hopper with o-ring groves
-High volume front cap drilled for LPR
-Vertical Maxflo Reg
-New version of the cricket board
-Free choice of single colors
-Lifetime of free service
-ANS LPR
-New Designs LPR adapter
with OTB blind bolt

on top of this you can get a W.A.S. board for $150.

plus all this crap comes installed and ready to use right out of the box.
2k5 Black/Blue Fade Alias Intimidator, Hybrid Ram Cap, PBK Hard blue detents, Redz Barrel Kit, VP Hose Guard, Mac Dev 100psi gauge, Orange bolt with light spring, Techna Scythe II, Advantage Virtue Board, Contract Killer grips, CCM no-pro feedneck, AKA Sidewinder Reg, VP delrin LPR piston, Shocktech mini drop & On/Off, Halo B w/ z-code & rip drive, Crossfire 68/4500 LP w/ redz cover.
OSUARCHITECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 08:53 AM   #20
kl1223

Quote:
Originally posted by OSUARCHITECT
Rat Jr. are coming with otb bolts now stock...
The best valve in competition paintball just got better! As an extension of our best selling "college" series, we now offer the RJR college series.
Try to match this valve even with a stock bodied marker.
-Voodoo delrin bolt
-Ti pull pin
-Stainless steel Evil hammer
-Eclipse blade trigger
-Smart Parts "sticky" grips
-Hallo No rise hopper with o-ring groves
-High volume front cap drilled for LPR
-Vertical Maxflo Reg
-New version of the cricket board
-Free choice of single colors
-Lifetime of free service
-ANS LPR
-New Designs LPR adapter
with OTB blind bolt

on top of this you can get a W.A.S. board for $150.

plus all this crap comes installed and ready to use right out of the box.
RJR's are nice, but you have to remember that they are $125 more than bushys, and a lot of the stuff they come with come stock on the b2k4.

Lotus: ShootPaint is actually coming out with a new ram for b2k4s. I think its on his website. They're still testing, though.
kl1223 is offline   Reply With Quote