pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

View Poll Results: what is a better gun
2k4 bko 15 75.00%
pmi evo 5 25.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2004, 03:14 AM   #1
calvin__murray

HEY, yah you, answer this pole!

please put ur input, negative points and positive points about ur choice
ps. i am a front runner, consider also that i have a 72 3000 from pmi to go on either gun, so wheight is a factor.

Last edited by calvin__murray : 10-26-2004 at 01:35 PM.
calvin__murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 10:40 AM   #2
Pbkid39
40+ Feedback

The BKO will be the better marker the for you. It's a true electro, probably lighter than the Evo, quality is better since I believe the electro frame on the Evo is made of plastic, there's a larger range of upgrades for the Bko and I think the Bko will be faster. Although the Evo comes with eyes...you can get PDS installed on your Bko and it will rock. There's really no need to get PDS if you have a Halo and modded detents since you wont chop anyway.

Email/MSN:devin_boudreau@hotmail.com
AIM: Pbkid39

Yellow SP ION
Pbkid39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 01:40 PM   #3
calvin__murray

?

do the bko's have the ring dtents? and will these do if u got a halo b?
Old 10-26-2004, 01:52 PM   #4
CoolT

Look in the ICD forum. I believe they still use o ring detent but there are ways to easily modify them to work with Halos. The BKO is far superior to the Evo.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:36 PM   #5
FrOnTmAn4LiFe

They are o-ring detents. Just cut a piece of macroline the thickness of the o-ring and place it in the center of the o-ring. It will strengthen your detent and prevent double feeds from the halo.
FrOnTmAn4LiFe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:33 AM   #6
evo20bps

Send a message via AIM to evo20bps
I accidently voted for the bko but the evo is a much better buy. For 50 bucks cheaper you get a faster board, eyes, lcd and a drop. And the trigger frame isnt plastic. Its somthing else which I cant think of at the moment

Cons-
Hybrid Blowback

Pros-
20 bps with eyes on
LCD
Cheaper

So for $50 more you get a 04 bko without eyes, lcd or drop and a board capped at 18.

The evo or at least mine doesnt have a lot of noticable kick
evo20bps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:43 AM   #7
CoolT

Real electros > Hybrid blowbacks

The BKO is way better buy than the Evo.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:47 PM   #8
chinesebugrepel
Self proclaimed hugenaut

BKO is teh win. More upgradeable, better resale, better hpr, better stock barrel, no seer stripping problems, and regardless of bps cap you'll be able to shoot faster than on the evo because the trigger is more adjustable and the switch is better.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebonclaw
Trust me, you don't want to argue with chinese.
chinesebugrepel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 03:59 PM   #9
evo20bps

If you get the boss blade trigger for 20 bucks its just as good if not better than the bko's trigger.

And the stock barrel is better than the evos? Yea right im sure it is....
Old 11-03-2004, 04:03 PM   #10
Pbkid39
40+ Feedback

Why are you trying to compare a true electro to a hybrid blowback? How do you know that the boss trigger is better than the stock bko's trig? and how would that change the fact that the BKO will be the better marker. FYI, the stock barrel on the BKO is actually pretty good.

Email/MSN:devin_boudreau@hotmail.com
AIM: Pbkid39

Yellow SP ION
Pbkid39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 04:48 PM   #11
evo20bps

And so is the evos stock barrel. If you bring this discussion onto pbnation and asked in the PMI forum everyone will give good reasons why the evo is a better buy. but vise versa in ICD forums. Its my opinoin and im sticking to it.

Ill handle the little extra kick instead of a slower gun without eyes.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:58 PM   #12
chinesebugrepel
Self proclaimed hugenaut

Quote:
Originally posted by evo20bps
Ill handle the little extra kick instead of a slower gun without eyes.
Translation: I have never shot an 04 bko.

The bko is not slower, just capped at less. Admit it, you can't shoot 18 bps on your evo anyway. Besides, once you account for that new trigger you're only $30 cheaper than the bko. That 30 gets you less weight, less kick, more upgrade potential, better hpr by a long shot and a better bolt. I'd take all that over some overrated eyes anyway.

Quote:
Old 11-03-2004, 05:30 PM   #13
jonbob

Send a message via AIM to jonbob
The BKO is definitely a better decision for all the previously listed reasons. If you're worried about chopping you can always get a SP modded ram for about 60 bucks or a blind bolt for 40. Both will cure chopping.

Black/Graphite fade 05 Angel speed with .45 frame, 68/4500 crossfire

Vision Shocker with High efficiency bolt

Favorite quote (courtesy of schlockmercenary.com): "There is no 'overkill' there is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'"
jonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 06:43 PM   #14
m_and_s

The Evo wins hands down. I personally do not own an EVO (yet) but I have seen videos of both guns. EVO=faster rate of fire with boss blade. I was thinking of the 04 BKO before I made the decision for the EVO I went to many forums and did a vs. challenge, EVO was the winner. You're also getting the EVO for 50 dollars less.

And by the way, you shouldn't say the stock barrel is better than the EVOs stock barrel when you've never shot an EVO or compared the two barrels closely.

[EDIT] for the BKO, $60 for a bolt that won't chop. Evo has eyes that are highly praised. You're spending 50 more dollars for a gun with slower BPS and no eyes/bolt.

Last edited by m_and_s : 11-03-2004 at 06:46 PM.
m_and_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 06:46 PM   #15
dbleug2990

Originally posted by Pbkid39:

"The BKO will be the better marker the for you. It's a true electro, probably lighter than the Evo, quality is better since I believe the electro frame on the Evo is made of plastic, there's a larger range of upgrades for the Bko and I think the Bko will be faster. Although the Evo comes with eyes...you can get PDS installed on your Bko and it will rock. There's really no need to get PDS if you have a Halo and modded detents since you wont chop anyway."

this whole post is all guessing no actual facts
PROBABLY lighter than the evo?
i THINK the bko is faster?

1.the 2 are virtually the same weight
2.not plastic its a composite material(lighter and durable)
3.to equal the evo you have to get pds,or get a halo($120)
4.the evo has eyes so you can use a gravity feed and still not worry about chopping

Originally posted by chinesebugrepel:

"BKO is teh win. More upgradeable, better resale, better hpr, better stock barrel, no seer stripping problems, and regardless of bps cap you'll be able to shoot faster than on the evo because the trigger is more adjustable and the switch is better."

again all a guess
1.better hpr? the evo dosent need this b/c it operates on low pressure for better efficiency
2.stock barrel shoots darts
3.stock trigger i can pull 14 bps and on the boss i can pull 17

and b/c i didnt want to post the other ignorant posts i will just say the rest here:
add in the boss bolt and trigger and we are still under the bko price we have hardly any kick now and you still dont have eyes

Last edited by dbleug2990 : 11-03-2004 at 06:49 PM.
dbleug2990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 06:56 PM   #16
CoolT

Quote:
Originally posted by evo20bps
If you bring this discussion onto pbnation and asked in the PMI forum everyone will give good reasons why the evo is a better buy. but vise versa in ICD forums.
Translation: Experienced players know what they're talking about. Last time I checked, there are far more experienced players in the ICD forums.

Quote:
Originally posted by dbleug2990

1.better hpr? the evo dosent need this b/c it operates on low pressure for better efficiency
2.stock barrel shoots darts
3.stock trigger i can pull 14 bps and on the boss i can pull 17
1. Your statement here discredits your whole post.

Electros > Blowbacks
Old 11-03-2004, 07:05 PM   #17
dbleug2990

Quote:
Originally posted by CoolT

1. Your statement here discredits your whole post.

Electros > Blowbacks
why because its true and it discredits the bko?
thats what i thought
dbleug2990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 07:11 PM   #18
evo20bps

In general yah

true electros>blowback

but for the evo and bk0 would be the opposite.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:43 PM   #19
chinesebugrepel
Self proclaimed hugenaut

Quote:
Originally posted by dbleug2990
I would like to point out that he has no idea what an hpr is.

HPR = high pressure regulator. Simply put, hpr keeps the velocity consistent so you get tighter shot groupings. It has little to do with efficiency, just like low pressure has little to do with efficiency. And, just so's ya know, the evo doesn't run at low pressure, it runs at slightly lower pressure than regular blowbacks. With any blowback/blowforward spring return you cannot get the pressure low at all or the bolt won't completely cycle.

And to the guy who talked about the video's, wake up. Different people will shoot different speeds, it's not always the gun.

Come on people, lets all try not to be totally dense.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2004, 11:14 AM   #20
Everlight389

Electronic bolts, as a rule, chop about once every few thousand shots, even without eyes. Also, if you get an agitated loader that has a microphone and a laser that "looks" for the bolt (at least I think that's right), such as the empire reloader, you don't even need eyes.

With that being said, how bout you go shoot both and see which you like more? I'm not going to gaurentee that you will like the BKO better... but you probably would. Its lighter, has a close e-bolt (better accuracy), and is more efficent.

Good luck on your quest for a good gun... mines coming in the mail today lol