pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Old 10-27-2004, 02:20 PM   #1
cjteeter
cj

Send a message via AIM to cjteeter
timmy vs shocker

hey guys im considering either the 04 shocker (non-vision) or the 2k2 timmy, which just went down to $750. there is no one at my field who has either of these guns, so no, i cant test shoot them. since they are about the same price, which would you guys recommend? thanks
Old 10-27-2004, 03:55 PM   #2
nirvana1234

OH GOD TIMMY!!!!!!!!!

u might want to consider a freestyle though
Old 10-27-2004, 05:48 PM   #3
PB_Matty
Ooohh...It's all sticky.

Send a message via AIM to PB_Matty
2k2 chews up and spits out non-vision shocker

That's where my $ went sale http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post26468476
PB_Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 07:28 PM   #4
chinesebugrepel
Self proclaimed hugenaut

non-vision shocker = paint blender.

Get a timmy, but buy used. You can find something WAS'd for the same price or less most likely.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebonclaw
Trust me, you don't want to argue with chinese.
chinesebugrepel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 07:18 PM   #5
p8nt_freak1852
lolwat

Send a message via AIM to p8nt_freak1852
shockers r gas hogs, 2k2 timmy is ok on gas efficency, shockers r too compact timmys r stretched out more (my personal prefference) timmys have eyes base shockers obviously dont, timmys look better in my eyes. so therefore go for TIMMY!

*insert name here* is guilty of 2 charges of epic lulz.
p8nt_freak1852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 08:14 PM   #6
penguins_r_kewl
Shlumpeet

Freestyle.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:44 PM   #7
p8nt_freak1852
lolwat

Send a message via AIM to p8nt_freak1852
freestyles r *** y does everyone like them?

*insert name here* is guilty of 2 charges of epic lulz.
p8nt_freak1852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 08:48 PM   #8
nirvana1234

cause the FS is as good if not better then a timmy,a dm4,watever at hundreds less. it is also made by a great company...ICD!
Old 11-06-2004, 07:10 AM   #9
dantriggerhappy
^^^That is my screen name

Send a message via AIM to dantriggerhappy
Quote:
Originally posted by p8nt_freak1852
shockers r gas hogs, 2k2 timmy is ok on gas efficency, shockers r too compact timmys r stretched out more (my personal prefference) timmys have eyes base shockers obviously dont, timmys look better in my eyes. so therefore go for TIMMY!
I hate to break it to you pal, but timmies have some of the best effeciency on the market. And the freestyles are a great choice because they are one of the smallest guns out, and the only problems that people have had with them have been faulty factory parts, which were replaced and fixed for free. Now, since they all come with HE bolt kits, they get 1500 or so shots off of a 68/45, which is about the same as a timmy. Also, there stock regs are some of the best regs out there. Lastly, the reason there aren't many upgrades for it is because they do not need them!

Dan
dantriggerhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 12:27 PM   #10
Kowz_76
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Kowz_76
Freestyle! With the HE bolt kit, there's nothing but pure awesomeness.
Kowz_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 03:16 PM   #11
argonna

m going to say shocker to be differnet. they are both nice guns though if u take care of um, which id hope you would.
argonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 03:21 PM   #12
dantriggerhappy

Dont say it just to be different, it just shows you to be a person striving for attention. He asked for the better gun, not for somebody to be different.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:35 PM   #13
argonna

in that case i like my matrix and shocker both better than my friends timmy...happy?

obviously for the price range id get the timmy cuz it has eyes (though if it has the SOB board, its a tough call). my suggestion would be to get something used however. for the same price you can get a nicely upped 2k2, dm3, or 2k4 shocker.

Last edited by argonna : 11-06-2004 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:09 AM   #14
dantriggerhappy

How are they better? If upgraded right they should all perform better than the shocker. And then the timmy and matrix would just come down to preference.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:33 AM   #15
argonna

i said i liked them better. all 3 shoot very fast and have little kick. when upgraded all have decent efficiency. minor differences obviously such as the matrix having the least kick of the 3.

comes down to weight, looks, feel, etc.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:38 PM   #16
Kurama

Send a message via AIM to Kurama
Spend the extrea 50 bucks on a Texas Storm Timmy, for a better board...

I would personally do the shocker if you plan to put some sort of an eye in it.
Kurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 07:22 PM   #17
PeYToN-SS
EKK Soldier

Send a message via ICQ to PeYToN-SS Send a message via AIM to PeYToN-SS Send a message via Yahoo to PeYToN-SS
Texas Storm.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:36 PM   #18
slushii
EC Prouductions

Send a message via AIM to slushii
Wow....2k2's have been comeing with frenzy for a while now. Better than the WAS board in a TS. Also look into a freestyle. Very very good guns.
slushii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 05:17 PM   #19
Winkdogydog101

look

look ok guys its his preferance but the shocker is lighter has better distance and acc
and with 750 look for some used ones i know several people trying to get rid of theres for prolly 700 vis after maker bolt wave trigger the works and they would own any timmy

2k2 timmy is prolly a little bit fast when maxed out however ive shot them there distance is horrable and anyone who has ever shot them knows it all these ***s have prolly never even owned one let alone shot one ive owned a 2k2 timmy and i did enjoy it but it really blew on distance. also without was the shocker can out rip it also if something break internaly wise like the boards and what now there an arm and a leg to replace and they do break.

personaly id got with the upgraded shocker AND ***S THE 2k2s ARNT BETTER THEN SHOCKERS IN PRO STANDARDS THATS Y U SEE EVERYONE TRADING THERE 2k2 FOR A VIS shocker 03 04
Winkdogydog101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 07:06 PM   #20
dantriggerhappy

Re: look

Quote:
Originally posted by Winkdogydog101
look ok guys its his preferance but the shocker is lighter has better distance and acc
and with 750 look for some used ones i know several people trying to get rid of theres for prolly 700 vis after maker bolt wave trigger the works and they would own any timmy

2k2 timmy is prolly a little bit fast when maxed out however ive shot them there distance is horrable and anyone who has ever shot them knows it all these ***s have prolly never even owned one let alone shot one ive owned a 2k2 timmy and i did enjoy it but it really blew on distance. also without was the shocker can out rip it also if something break internaly wise like the boards and what now there an arm and a leg to replace and they do break.

personaly id got with the upgraded shocker AND ***S THE 2k2s ARNT BETTER THEN SHOCKERS IN PRO STANDARDS THATS Y U SEE EVERYONE TRADING THERE 2k2 FOR A VIS shocker 03 04

Noob, no gun has better distance, and all guns can have equal accuracy if people like you didnt own them. So obviously you are so full of crap you could be a septic tank. Also, shockers arent very fast without was, and they need to have the switch flipped, and most people want new triggers. The shockers with vision cost around 800$, and then you need an he bolt, and 10$ to flip the switch. So 910$ right there. You can buy a 2k2 timmy with frenzy for 750$, then buy an ultralite and spend 850$, then buy an adjustable ram cap for 30$. So 880$ for something that works often, or 910$ for something that breaks frequently, your choice. Also, most pros that shoot shockers (so it must mean recballers to you because you have no idea what you are talking about), shoot shockers because they are usually sponsored by SP, and get their stuff for really cheap. To conclude my argument, you are an idiot. The end.

Dan