pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > Impulse

Old 11-21-2004, 12:51 PM   #1
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
Adrenaline Impulse Info (Part I)

PBWS’s Adrenaline Impulse:

Cost: $499.00-599.00

--Stock 13.7 Bps Blue Light Cricket Board (+$100 for Vision)
--Adrenaline Bolt (Black, Blue or Red Derlin) with Adrenaline Gel Decal
--Adrenaline Stainless Steel Hammer & Shaft
--Derlin Valve
--Adrenaline Serial # i.e. A.I.00023
--Adrenaline GP Slide Check - which is an extremely fancy tapeworm. It's actually mechanical and moves back and forth to regulate airflow somewhat like a 14-way operates. Its an Air Check Valve. It functions the same or better as an LPR setup except it does not lower the operating pressure as much and will tend to operate around 165 psi. Those interested in a lower operating pressure around 135 psi should purchase the LPR option listed below. The GP takes up the entire right tube. It is made up of a rear tube where the mechanical parts are located and a threaded front tube that is colored or chromed for appearance and can be switched out for different colors (so the milled through "Adrenaline" name shows up differently). The GP Slide Check will not function along with the Adrenaline LPR setup and therefore the rear part of the tube of those who choose an LPR option will be for appearance only and operate as an airway only as all airflow management operations will be performed by the LPR and not by the GP Check Valve.
-- Adrenaline Low Rise or Adrenaline Hi Rise
----The Old AI TRIGGER FRAME
-- Un-adjustible Magnet, which make the trigger pull very hard and un-walkable
-- Need to remove the magnetic to even get a good trigger pull
-- Trigger pull length adjustment from .5mm to 5mm[/color]
--Adrenaline Chrome Button - Chrome on/off (cricket button) on the back replaces the black plastic one. It definitely adds a little bling-bling to the gun.
--Worlds First ever 4th Axis Impulse body - The Adrenaline Impulse body has been custom drilled for unique airflow and connections. Although this means some parts from other companies including smart parts will not fit or operate on an A.I. you wont want them to. We redesigned it for optimum performance and that is exactly what you will get. The Air inlet and the vertical screw has been moved forward to align the gas-through grip with the front of the grip frame rather than setting it back off of it. This allows for room to get your fingers in between it and the trigger frame which is required because we've moved the grip frame forward about 1".
-- Adrenaline Vertical Adapter or Adrenaline 15 Degree Adapter - These adapters are made to accept US threaded regulators and gas through grips. They will not fit stock impulses due to our customization of the body and adapter connections and airflow pathways but they fit the A.I. very nicely!
-- Double Trigger
--Adrenaline Gas Through Grip or Stock Vertical Maxflo Regulator - Hands down the most stylish and innovative gas-through to-date for the Impulse. Machined to match the rest of the Adrenaline Impulse. A visual beauty!
--Adrenaline Rear Hammer Cap
--Adrenaline Bolt Pin and Adrenaline Threaded Head - Look for additional stylish Adrenaline "pinheads" in the future.
--Adrenaline Stainless Steel Screw Set - We replaced all of the screws on the gun with stainless steel versions. Don't worry about rust, we've got you covered.
--Adrenaline Front Cap - These include an Adrenaline Gel Decal for those with GP setups and underneath the decal is an Allen screw. Should you choose to upgrade to the LPR setup at any later date, simply remove the Adrenaline Gel Decal, remove the Allen screw, thread in the Adrenaline LPR, remove the GP valve and insert the chromed air tube and you're good to go. Upgrade from the Check Valve to the LPR in less than one hour.
--Matching (both front AND back) freak barrel with choice of 1 insert (any size).
--Blasted, Satin or Polished Finish
--Solid Color, Fades or Custom anodizing
--Color matched soft-gel sticky grips with Adrenaline Gel Decals

The only difference between this is AI is that it is the “older” model than the one that is sold directly by Adrenaline. The only change is that the newer ones, only sold by Adrenaline, comes with a more adjustable trigger frame and has many more options, i.e. LPR Kit, Single or Double trigger, Full Freak Add on, not to mention the AI from Adrenaline comes stock with Vision, while you need to pay an extra 100$ to get it on the AI from PBWH

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Here are some comments made by satisfied questioners:
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"I care, Mike....(dramatic pause)....i care..."-Master_Chadwick
"lol wow mike u really are a G...hahhahhahhahhahhaha
what a pimp " -wanabe TOSA
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
toothpastedog, come to Canada right now.-MBPG
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting

Last edited by toothpastedog : 11-21-2004 at 01:31 PM.
toothpastedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 12:52 PM   #2
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
Adrenaline Impulse (AI) Info (Part II)

Adrenaline’s AI

Cost: $699.00-$1000.00+

All Adrenaline Impulses Include:
--New Style Adrenaline Version "Cricket" Vision Board
--Adrenaline Bolt (Black, Blue or Red Derlin) with Adrenaline Gel Decal
--Adrenaline Stainless Steel Hammer & Shaft
--Derlin Valve
--Adrenaline Serial # i.e. A.I.00023
--Adrenaline GP Slide Check - which is an extremely fancy tapeworm. It's actually mechanical and moves back and forth to regulate airflow somewhat like a 14-way operates. Its an Air Check Valve. It functions the same or better as an LPR setup except it does not lower the operating pressure as much and will tend to operate around 165 psi. Those interested in a lower operating pressure around 135 psi should purchase the LPR option listed below. The GP takes up the entire right tube. It is made up of a rear tube where the mechanical parts are located and a threaded front tube that is colored or chromed for appearance and can be switched out for different colors (so the milled through "Adrenaline" name shows up differently). The GP Slide Check will not function along with the Adrenaline LPR setup and therefore the rear part of the tube of those who choose an LPR option will be for appearance only and operate as an airway only as all airflow management operations will be performed by the LPR and not by the GP Check Valve.
--Choice of Adrenaline Low Rise or Adrenaline Hi Rise
----THE NEW A.I.M. TRIGGER FRAME
Adrenaline has Modified there old frame so that you now have your choice of spring or magnet pulls, at any strength. (Keep in mind if the marker is not purchased from us, you will not have these upgrades these upgrades are done in house), nor will you qualify for the Adrenaline Warranty Coverage. The Adrenaline Grip Frame is a 1-piece frame/solenoid tray housing. We relocated the solenoid tray setup to decrease the height by 1/2" and we moved the entire grip forward quite aggressively. There are no milled sections for the old style on/off switch on the left or the rubber cover on the right side.
Features of the A.I.M. Trigger Frame:
-- Totally adjustable magnet pull strengths (as weak or as strong as you like).
-- Or if you like a spring feel, drop in the Spring, were you can also adjusted your trigger pull as strong or as weak as you like.
-- New Side to Side adjustment screws, keeps it nice and tight or you can make it sloppy, if you so desire.
-- New battery stabilizer adjustment, keeps your battery locked in place so your not wondering what that rattling noise is all the time.
-- Your choice if triggers are: Double Finger, Double Stick or Single.
-- Micro Switch View Window, so you can actually see the micro switch to insure a proper setup.

--Adrenaline Chrome Button - Chrome on/off (cricket button) on the back replaces the black plastic one. It definitely adds a little bling-bling to the gun.
--Worlds First ever 4th Axis Impulse body - The Adrenaline Impulse body has been custom drilled for unique airflow and connections. Although this means some parts from other companies including smart parts will not fit or operate on an A.I. you wont want them to. We redesigned it for optimum performance and that is exactly what you will get. The Air inlet and the vertical screw has been moved forward to align the gas-through grip with the front of the grip frame rather than setting it back off of it. This allows for room to get your fingers in between it and the trigger frame which is required because we've moved the grip frame forward about 1".
--Choice of Adrenaline Vertical Adapter or Adrenaline 15 Degree Adapter - These adapters are made to accept US threaded regulators and gas through grips. They will not fit stock impulses due to our customization of the body and adapter connections and airflow pathways but they fit the A.I. very nicely!
--Adrenaline Single Trigger (for single frames) or Double Trigger (for double frames) - Also for those who prefer the double trigger frame setup, there is an additional choice of either a stick trigger or double trigger or both.
--Adrenaline Gas Through Grip - Hands down the most stylish and innovative gas-through to-date for the Impulse. Machined to match the rest of the Adrenaline Impulse. A visual beauty!
--Adrenaline Rear Hammer Cap
--Adrenaline Bolt Pin and Adrenaline Threaded Head - Look for additional stylish Adrenaline "pinheads" in the future.
--Adrenaline Stainless Steel Screw Set - We replaced all of the screws on the gun with stainless steel versions. Don't worry about rust, we've got you covered.
--Adrenaline Front Cap - These include an Adrenaline Gel Decal for those with GP setups and underneath the decal is an Allen screw. Should you choose to upgrade to the LPR setup at any later date, simply remove the Adrenaline Gel Decal, remove the Allen screw, thread in the Adrenaline LPR, remove the GP valve and insert the chromed air tube and you're good to go. Upgrade from the Check Valve to the LPR in less than one hour.
--Matching (both front AND back) freak barrel with choice of 1 insert (any size).
--Blasted, Satin or Polished Finish
--Solid Color, Fades or Custom anodizing
--Color matched soft-gel sticky grips with Adrenaline Gel Decals
--Adrenaline's Famous Customer Service and Warranty Coverage - You want something special we can make it happen for you.

Adrenaline Impulse Solid Color Guns and Packages
Starting at $849.99

Adrenaline Impulse Fade Guns and Packages
Starting at $899.99

Adrenaline Impulse Pre-made Customs In Stock!
Starting at $849.99
Options:
--Reflective Polished finish rather than blasted finish: No charge!
--MATCHING Max-Flo regulator and 68ci tank (other tank sizes available): $325
--Remove gas-thru grip and add matching vertical Max-Flo: $50
--Upgrade from Freak Barrel with 1 insert to entire Freak set with case and 8 inserts: $100
--Upgrade Freak barrel back to Stainless Steel: $20
--Adrenaline Impulse barrel bag: $4.49
--Adrenaline Tank cover: $14.99

Configure a Custom Color Gun or Package and Choose from:
Custom Solid Color: $949 (blasted) $949 (polished)
Acid Wash: $999 (blasted) $999 (polished)
Custom 2-3 Color Fade: $1024 (blasted) $1024 (polished)
Fade with Reverse Splash: $1049 (blasted) $1049 (polished)
Add Splash, Spaghetti, or Sponge element to any of above: $30 per element color

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting

Last edited by toothpastedog : 11-21-2004 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:24 PM   #3
Dark Master

Great Post TPD!!!
Old 11-21-2004, 01:25 PM   #4
toothpastedog

Adrenaline Impusle FAQ

Do Adrenaline Impulses come with vision?
-The ones from www.buypb.com (Adrenaline’s website) do, but the ones from www.paintballwholesalers.com (PBSW/Nasty) do not. You can choose to add vision for $100 from PBWS though.

First off, where can you buy an Adrenaline Impulse?

-Well there are two sites you can order em' from: www.buypb.com and www.paintballwholesalers.com (they are different though, read the above two posts for differences).

Are Adrenaline Impusles vision ready?
-Yes

Is an Adrenaline Impulse efficient?
-Yes, not extremely efficient, but you definitely won't have any problems with efficiency issues. Expect about 1200shots from a 68/45 fill.

How much do they cost?
-The basic/cheapest AI’s from Adrenaline cost about 650$, and the ones from PBWS cost about 500$

Why buy an AI?

-Well, because it is now one of the best impulse values out there. Normally a stock impulse with the parts on a normal AI would cost 550$+/- and with an AI you get all that, plus cool milling, and free fades and color choices.

I saw this video of a guy shooting like 30bps with AI, can mine to that to?
-No yours cannot, and unless his has a genesis board or a W.A.S. board (which I doubt), his cannot either. Stock (just as you buy it), the AI can do 13.7 bps, and if you upgrade to vision, it will be able to do 20bps.

Does co2 work on an AI, or can you only use hpa (commonly called nitro)?
-Well, you can use co2 on an AI, but I would only recommend it if you have an anti-siphon kit installed on it that would prevent liquid co2 from entering the gun. Even though HPA will work much better on an AI than co2 will, co2 w/ an anti-siphon kit installed on it will perform quite nicely and make any paintball enthusiast drool over its performance.

What kind of barrels does an AI use?
-Impulse barrels

How is the trigger on the AI?
-The one from Adrenaline has a perfect completely adjustable trigger pull while the one from PBWS has a less adjustable, impossible to walk trigger pull. The PBWS AI’s trigger pull can be easily mod’d

What pressure does the AI operate at?
-Anywhere from 120-180psi, but I would say the gun should operate at about 120-150psi. If you have a LPR installed on it, the main gun's pressure should be about 200psi and the bolt's pressure should be about 60-80psi.

I've heard I need to use an on/off with my AI or the solenoid will get messed up, is this true?

-Well, yes and no. If you don't have some sort of on/off on your air system (an on/off on a drop forward for instance) you could over pressurize the solenoid due to turning the air on to quickly thus destroying the heart of the gun. The AI will work great with out an on/off, but I would still suggest buying one.

What will I NEED to upgrade when I get my AI?

-Well, you won't NEED to upgrade anything. no matter what setup you buy, all the nessisary upgrades are already on it and the only things I would suggest are a halo (or fast hopper), a good barrel, and a HPA tank.

Can the AI use any part avalible for the impulse?

-No, the following is a list of all the parts you can use with all impulse and AI’s:

Trigger frame/solenoid tray,
Valve (different valve spring though),
Any Hammer,
Any Ram,
Any Valve Cap,
Any Hammer Assembly,
Any Detents,
Any Feed Tube,
Any Board (Blue Light Cricket or later version),
Bolt and
Bolt Pin

You cannot use other impulse valve springs, the Evil Valve Kit, LPR kits (unless bought from Adrenaline/www.buypb.com (they have to be mod’d)), Triggers, Vff/Hvf’s, VA’s, and Tapeworms

I want a LPR kit on my AI, but you say ones sold in store won’t work. How can I get one?
-Call up or email Adrenaline (www.buypb.com) and they will “hook you up,” just as long as you pay them

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting

Last edited by toothpastedog : 11-21-2004 at 01:28 PM.