pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Hoppers

Old 01-10-2005, 06:23 AM   #1
DarkeWolf

Thumbs up evo2 battery door prob FIXED!

(edit) Alright, first off I need to say that I am not responsible for you doing anything that breaks your hopper, or the parts in it. Second, I need to say, that theres a tad bit of confusion about what this mod is for. Its not to fix a door that is already broken. Tho, it does make it easier to keep closed, if it is already broken. Its more of a preventive measure, to give the door one less (big) reason to break. (/edit)

Okay, ya know how all of us egg owners have problems with the battery door breaking, or not staying shut, or the plastic holders where the door slides into that holds it closed, breaking?
Well....I figured out what's causing it, and I figured out how to fix it! The problem that causes it, isn't in the plastic that they use to make the parts at all, its because the batteries put too much pressure against the door. which in turn, is caused by the piece that the batteries press against to send power to the motor.

this pic shows what piece I am talking about.

So I took my evo2 apart, took that piece out, and bent the metal prongs of that piece inward with a pair of pliars. the parts that I am talking about are shown with the white arrow. the direction that I bent them, is shown with the blue arrow. But, you've gotta be REAL careful when bending them, you dont wanna crack the board that they are attached to. so I was anchoring the other side of the pliars on the plastic casing shown with the red arrow.
(edited for clarification- ok, what I mean by bending them inwards. see how each of them kinda form a slightly broad, metal "U" shape? what you need to do is bend them so that they look more like 4 narrow "V's" instead of "U"'s. Pushing them down, towards the plastic casing that the board sits in. Bringing the metal parts closer together, bending the outside prong downwards. )

After I bent the prongs inward, I put my evo back together, and nothing happened! I had bent the prongs TOO FAR together, so I had to take it apart and bend them back out just a little bit. It wasnt putting enough pressure against the battery to get a good current.

But now my door shuts perfectly, and the hopper works just fine!
Attached Images To view attachments your post count must be 0 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.

---Dragun T-1 Green--68/4500 DXS--evo2 w.Z board--RMR KillStick--CP Reg--12" J&J Edge Kit/12" Evil Pipe---
---Dragun Drallion Blue--68/3k crossfire--evo2 w.Yboard--14" Evil Pipe--E2'd--44mag+QEVs -- SCM3-AKA Sidewinder---
---Dragun TES Blue/Black ---- Dragun T-1 Black-- Parts ---
A paintball community PBO! SundragonPPS.com
www.scenariodreams.com Evo2 Battery Door Mod

Last edited by DarkeWolf : 03-13-2006 at 07:34 AM.
DarkeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:31 AM   #2
pb-enforcer
Feel someone behind you..

Thanks man, good to know. Even though I have never had a problem with mine. If I ever do, I'll give this a try.

When all else fails....shoot somebody.

This Pwned is for you
pb-enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:23 PM   #3
DarkeWolf

np, always glad to help out. Anybody that does it, I'd definitely like to hear from you.

*grumbles* I'll have to take that darn thing apart again when I get a new shell *grumbles*

---Dragun T-1 Green--68/4500 DXS--evo2 w.Z board--RMR KillStick--CP Reg--12" J&J Edge Kit/12" Evil Pipe---
---Dragun Drallion Blue--68/3k crossfire--evo2 w.Yboard--14" Evil Pipe--E2'd--44mag+QEVs -- SCM3-AKA Sidewinder---
Old 01-10-2005, 12:27 PM   #4
Angelmarine05
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Angelmarine05
Ive never had a problem with my enclosed chicken(like it, egg get it??? lol), but if I do ill be sure to do it.
Angelmarine05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:35 PM   #5
E r y k
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Send a message via AIM to E r y k
now just be careful with the nubbings on the door since more force will be put on the door than before.

reviews.
AIM: p b e r y k
Pbreview Feedback
PbNation Feedback
E r y k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:46 PM   #6
DarkeWolf

LOL Angelmarine, that joke was.....well, I thought it was a bit dry, but I'll give it a B- for effort

E r y k- not exactly for sure what you mean by "nubbins"....but this actually takes a lot of the pressure OFF the door.
I mean in all honesty, the only reason that I put tape on it again was because there was nothing there to hold it closed, and a single piece of scotch tape is holding it shut now.

Old 04-12-2005, 09:06 PM   #7
double_d202

Just do what I do use dome electical tape. NO taking the thing apart
double_d202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:26 PM   #8
DarkeWolf

what part did you put tape on?

Old 04-13-2005, 07:17 AM   #9
Mjsk8er77

Send a message via AIM to Mjsk8er77 Send a message via Yahoo to Mjsk8er77
The only problem with using tape is that you have to make so that its not so visible other wise your stuff will cheap and cobbled up.
Mjsk8er77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 08:03 AM   #10
DarkeWolf

From these last two comments, I am thinking that you guys arent understanding that this mod is to keep the battery door from breaking in the first place. Or if its broken, to keep from breaking the replacements that you put on it.

I did it on mine when it was broke, because my egg Came to me broke. I bought it used on ebay.
If you've already broken the parts that hold the batt door closed... yeah, you're gonna have to tape it till you get new parts. But doing this, you wont break the new parts for the same reason as you did the old ones.
Or if you do it before they start getting all cracked up, you wont break the door the way that they do because of the batteries putting too much pressure on the door.

I mean, since I've put the replacement shells on it, after doing this mod to mine...the only problem that I have with it, is remembering which side to put the + and - signs of the batteries in

Last edited by DarkeWolf : 04-13-2005 at 08:08 AM.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:28 PM   #11
vasmir

Send a message via AIM to vasmir
late post,
but still good stuff man, I was wondering about if the door was suppost to have that much pressure behind it or not.

Delta Paintball Team - Delta Leads the Way...
The Delta Paintball Team featured in Action Pursuit Games Magazine

"There are no stupid questions, only inquisitive idiots” – Mark Twain
"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltare

ignorance is bliss
vasmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 02:09 PM   #12
DarkeWolf

Not a problem, I always appreciate feedback on stuff.
Yeah, there really is just too much pressure on that door, before doing this. Dunno why they didnt catch that, when they redesigned the shells.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:18 PM   #13
bunkerboydrew

That's awesome I going to try that with mine
bunkerboydrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 01:53 PM   #14
DarkeWolf

just be real careful when bending the prongs

Old 06-30-2005, 04:11 PM   #15
frontsniper

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkeWolf
I mean, since I've put the replacement shells on it, after doing this mod to mine...the only problem that I have with it, is remembering which side to put the + and - signs of the batteries in
I hope that didn't take long...I REALLY do...
Smoke Halo B w/ Zenitram Delrin Drive cone
68/4500 Java Fiberwrapped tank

Quote:
Originally posted by Uziel Gal
Sadly, Frontsniper is spot on
frontsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 06:23 PM   #16
DarkeWolf

heh, yeah. I think that I put the battery connectors in the wrong way, cause the batts dont go in with the + to the + on the side of the shell. it goes + to the - instead. And I always forget to switch it back around on the very few occasions when I have to take it apart.

Old 07-09-2005, 07:20 PM   #17
mliann22

I had to do that with my z board because the prongs wouldn't even let the battery door close.
mliann22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:18 PM   #18
!-Psychild-!

Send a message via AIM to !-Psychild-!
I don't think most people understand how this mod works. Lemme give it a go. Now you're probably thinking, if I make the prongs longer then that will probably push the batteries more towards the lid. Wrong, what it does, is it gives more leway for the battery to go down, yet it also allows the door to give it just enough force for the batteries to correctly opperate. So in reality, all your doing is giving the battery more space to go down by, since your really just loostening the prongs a bit. Good mod, definately gonna do it to mine!

Merry Christmas!!!
^^I think we should be able to say it, put this in your sig if you do too!^^

Louisiana Ball Busters Member # 15
Aim: Amerexican1129
!-Psychild-! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:36 PM   #19
DarkeWolf

I'm not sure what you mean Psychild. The part about making the prongs longer has me confused. As well as the part about loosening the prongs.

Basically all the mod is, is bending the prongs down, so that yes...there is more room for the batteries inside the compartment. And so that the prongs themselves aren't pushing back as hard against the batteries, and in turn, pushing the batteries back against the door as hard.

Old 03-13-2006, 07:16 AM   #20
!-Psychild-!

Send a message via AIM to !-Psychild-!
Lol ya that's what I mean. Went your make the prongs come up more, ur giving the battery more of the prong to push one, instead of making the door have to push more on the battery.

Merry Christmas!!!
^^I think we should be able to say it, put this in your sig if you do too!^^

Louisiana Ball Busters Member # 15
Aim: Amerexican1129
!-Psychild-! is offline   Reply With Quote