pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Old 01-16-2005, 08:34 AM   #1
snake10
andtheangelswilldesendonu

03 dark shocker vs alias

If i were to be playing front wich one would be better ffor the price? BTW when will the 04 shocker come out? its already 05!

A4 fly rasta

Red/black alias
snake10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 09:04 AM   #2
asi616

well i my self a front player would choose the alias timmy becouse well is a timmy and it donsent have first shot drop like a shocker but ive never played with a dark shoker so maybe they prevented it somehow
soon to be lucky 15 barrel kit
i have to save my pennies
asi616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:38 AM   #3
milano27

Send a message via AIM to milano27
alias but that because i don't like SP

2k3 matrix
~evolve bolt kit
~scm lpr
~aka sidewinder reg
~cp roller Trigger
~tadao v.4 board

orange to black macdev cyborg
milano27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 06:35 PM   #4
Samrog777

Search for any Shocker vs. Timmy thread, it will be the same. By the way, buy the timmy.

Timmy =
shocker =
Old 01-16-2005, 09:27 PM   #5
GoggedYA-Dan
IPB Retard

Send a message via AIM to GoggedYA-Dan
I prefer The shocker.. I hate noobs that say they hate shockers and smart parts.. Truthfully you allways have problems with timmys.. Dispite what people say.
i hate the stareo type all the n00bs give out about, o that kids gun is better than mine his dad must be rich.

Nice Nick
Noob

03 Vision Shocker
Evolve V2
carbon fiber trigger
max flo reg
toxic orange asa reg adaptory
15 degree NDZ reg adaptor
freak back with 3 inserts
freak front
dye sticky grips
low rise clampign feedneck
Flipped n Internally modded
Programmed and rewired board Reads each pull at 180,000 times a second
red shockteck rail
black shockteck on/off
Toxic Snatch grip
GoggedYA-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 04:20 AM   #6
Lopez17
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by GoggedYA-Dan
I prefer The shocker.. I hate noobs that say they hate shockers and smart parts.. Truthfully you allways have problems with timmys.. Dispite what people say.
I've seen you post this type of garbage repeatedly....now...let's call you to the carpet. Please cite your sources. What problems do you "always" have with Intimidators. I'd be mighty interested in seeing as I think you'll be quite surprised that most Intimidator problems IMHO are caused by users and not design problems in the marker.

My experience with Shockers is that the majority of their problems are not user caused but caused by faulty or poor workmanship and design. (Not that Intimidators don't suffer from the occasional bad reg or bad spring here or there...happens with every marker). My experience with Shockers is that they destroy o-rings, and have mysterious drop off problems. I've found their bolts to be substandard and I've seen misbored threads. I find it interesting that the Shocker release date was pushed back by a few months in 03 due to the fact that SP couldn't get them to work correctly at the factory. The first 6 months that they were out, I've never seen more markers back into a shop for repairs. (Same for the Nerves...I think only one or two of the first 5 that came into Pevs Fairfax store worked correctly without having to go back...not a great record for success). I've never heard of this with Intimidators, Matrixes, Vikings or any other high end marker. Shockers are also less efficient and don't all come stock with eyes last time I checked. Both markers are highly upgradeable but the Intimidator tends to be more loaded out of the box.

I actually know a Smart Parts sponsored team that techs their markers all week to get em ready for action on the weekend. Most own two because of their proclivity to go down.

So...what are the technical issues that you continually allude to but never seem to elaborate on? Bad regs? Reg Creep? Inconsistent Chronos? Leaks? Please clear this up for us so the original poster can make an intelligent decision.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaster
I'd have given someone's arm for a U-Haul and 20 minutes alone with a forklift.
Lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 07:02 AM   #7
snake10
andtheangelswilldesendonu

Thank you for clearing that. Illl go with the timmy.

A4 fly rasta

Red/black alias
snake10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 08:54 AM   #8
Lopez17
Administrator

I've been playing the sport for 10+ years now and have shot most every high end marker on the market. I feel that the Intimidators are the best markers out there with AKA's guns being a close second. The Timmy forum here has some great, knowledgable folks that are quite adept and articulate at helping folks out with problems. It's hard to find guys like Jaster, Homer and 4th Degree in other forums. These guys are top notch resources.

Quote:
Old 01-19-2005, 06:24 PM   #9
Kurama

Send a message via AIM to Kurama
Don't bother with him Lopez. I've already tried to argue, and he does nothing but post the same stuff with no facts, then accuses you of bashing him or something

I've never been in contact with a nerve, but I have to agree on the shockers. They're always breaking, and when they work, they're inefficient and never really that great. As far as timmies go, I've almost never seen any break (and only one of them had a defective torpedo) and I know TONS of timmy owners. One of my friends' team and his dad's team all shoot Ripper/Alias/Dark timmies and none of them have ever had any major problems. Once a feedneck snapped, but thats the extent of it. Only minor tiny problems any marker'll see. Impulses seem to be good quality, though. I've shot around 6 cases through mine without any problems. Only time I've ever needed to take it apart was to oil it up. Still, they usually aren't as high end as a Timmy. I like mine though, and I'd probably flip a coin if I had to decide between it and an Alias. It weighs and feels about the same as a dm4 does to me. Still, I hate smart parts and the shocker. The nerve's really nice when it works, apparently. I know a guy who used to own one :-P
Markers:
Freak Factory Impulse (Freak Barrel, Dye Stickies & Maxflo Tank)
Automag 68 Classic (Old Style All-American Barrel and Air America Raptor Tank)
Minicocker (Progressive, J&J Ceramic & Oldschool Nitroduck Tank)
P68 Stock Class (Ball count slots, dropout co2 slot, honed barrel)
Stuff:
Halo B, Egg II, 2x Pre-BE Revvy, Profiler, Invision, Spectra, Dye/Proto everything. I have enough stuff to have 3 players ready to play... Too lazy to take pictures to sell stuff...
Kurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:28 PM   #10
Lopez17
Administrator

SPs markers are quite nice when they work. I've just seen more than an average number have severe problems not caused by users. Now...I've also seen lots of other markers go down too with the root cause being user error. I just don't like the Quality Assurance/Quality Controls that Smart Parts utilizes with their markers. I'd love to see the results of a CMMI or ISO-9000 audit in their shop.

Quote:
Old 01-19-2005, 10:00 PM   #11
Dansport4600

...Or you could always go with a nice 05 Freestyle.

Quote:
Originally posted by amzng_spyderman

it gets to me when people think they're superior for having a cheap gun with expensive accessories. kinda like turning a pinto into a lowrider.
Dansport4600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 07:21 PM   #12
Glen Beringer

Send a message via AIM to Glen Beringer
i like my 04-03 shocker.... For first shot drop off, broken orings and that good stuff... just use lots of lube. I have shot both and initmidators are good ONLY if they have an upgraded board (2k2 style)... The 2k4 stock frenzy board is really nice so you wouldnt have to worry about that with an Alias. I am not sure which i like better, my shocker or ECX intimidator. It is really all personal prefrence though. I think the 2k2 style timmys feel kind of cheaply made and spyderish but shoot amazingly. The shocker is alittle less relaible but feels great and is tiny. Anywho... Hope my babling helps
Glen Beringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 08:06 PM   #13
Kurama

Send a message via AIM to Kurama
2k2's come frenzied or WAS'd now. You'd have to go back in time to get a SOB board in 2002
Markers:
Freak Factory Impulse (Freak Barrel, Dye Stickies & Maxflo Tank)
Automag 68 Classic (Old Style All-American Barrel and Air America Raptor Tank)
Minicocker (Progressive, J&J Ceramic & Oldschool Nitroduck Tank)
P68 Stock Class (Ball count slots, dropout co2 slot, honed barrel)
Stuff:
Halo B, Egg II, 2x Pre-BE Revvy, Profiler, Invision, Spectra, Dye/Proto everything. I have enough stuff to have 3 players ready to play... Too lazy to take pictures to sell stuff...
Kurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 09:20 PM   #14
darktrooper5

Send a message via AIM to darktrooper5
I personally like the design of all warped sportz guns. They all look great. Id grab the alias myself. Shockers feel too small to me.
darktrooper5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 03:34 AM   #15
Lopez17
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by darktrooper5
I personally like the design of all warped sportz guns. They all look great. Id grab the alias myself. Shockers feel too small to me.
And you've seen first hand *cough* Decker *cough* the downside of Shockers...especially when people get them fixed at the Sterling store in between sessions, come back to the field and still have the marker go down. At least he bought a DM4 for his wife.... Riiiight....his wife. Though...it's odd...I've never seen her shoot it....

Quote:
Old 01-21-2005, 12:23 PM   #16
darktrooper5

I get tired of bashing the shocker, it gets old.

I actually like decker's guns. he told me he likes the shocker better than the dm4, go figure.

He's a great woodsballer though. That whole crew mowes down the feild.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:07 PM   #17
Samrog777

I clicked a nerve at my store the other day. Since it was a nerve, it had a nerve board. I got 18 bps with one finger. They ramp at like 8 bps.

And if you hit the trigger on the left side, it goes full auto.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:38 PM   #18
darktrooper5

And aren't they putting nerve boards in the shockers now? Then what's the point of a nerve?

Granted it is a different style.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:11 PM   #19
ikey

id take the sohcker. it is smaller and timmys have a bad track record with me. most of the time i see one it has problems, gets problems, or the guy is trying to fix problems. some of the time i acutaly see them playing on the feild. and i doubt the whole world are retards, so IMO i think tehy are a little more on the rediculouly high matence side and are very picky, and have problems over the slightest thing. everythings gotta be running 100%. but thats just my experience. i acutally find shockers be be reliable. i acutally find them to be reliable. ive never seen one go down. the only one ive seen that was broken was because the guy didnt do as well as he had hoped in a toureny and was pissed and threw his gun as far as he could. (yeah it was stupid, but hes sponsored and has like every gun. so he doesnt really care. but it only took him like an hour to fix the damage. but he could not fix the damage he did to the anno.) and if they ever do leak or something, just change an o-ring (which takes 5 second with a shocker.) and by the way ive never seen one leak or have any problems.

forum
http://www.markedfordeathpaintball.com/forum/index.php

Last edited by ikey : 01-22-2005 at 08:19 AM.
ikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 08:37 PM   #20
darktrooper5

LOL the universe is upsidedown.

A certain freind of mine has a species, I'm not sure why but that thing is always having issues, whether it be eye problems or ball chopping/breaking. Perhaps its because he fixes it himself, I'm not sure.

Anywho the reliabilty of guns sometimes falls into the hands of the owner.