pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 05:58 PM   #1
bmf2030

nme!?....

whats the nme like. ive shot the prototype but not the finished one.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:04 PM   #2
CoolT

A ripoff Timmy for more $ than a Timmy.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:25 PM   #3
ikey

if you wanta new gun like the nme, take a look at the EGO. that comes from planet eclipse, a much better company than system x. i hear the EGO is a really good gun. ive heard some say its like a timmy/cocker , or a timmy with an eblade. its getting good reviews on this site last time i looked.

forum
http://www.markedfordeathpaintball.com/forum/index.php
Old 01-25-2005, 08:28 PM   #4
bmf2030

Quote:
Originally posted by CoolT
A ripoff Timmy for more $ than a Timmy.

umm an nme is going for under $900.00 and the last time i looked the cheapest timmy was going for $950.00, i know its a knock off a a timmy but then that means its basically the same.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:11 PM   #5
wordf0o
I'm Rich!

Send a message via AIM to wordf0o
I think you forget about the other timmies going at 750 to 800?

Quote:
Originally posted by senghing27
w0Rd foo'!@!!!
Old 01-25-2005, 10:13 PM   #6
bmf2030

oh are those the ones from like the 90s? i didnt see any that cheap
Old 01-25-2005, 10:15 PM   #7
bmf2030

ah i see....but i can get the nme for 750.00. my buds a dealer. so HAH.....
Old 01-25-2005, 11:55 PM   #8
CoolT

Does that apply to the original question?
Old 01-26-2005, 07:32 AM   #9
bmf2030

i just wanna know how it shoots. whats some problems that ppl have had with them, if any.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:00 AM   #10
bmf2030

check out the reviews on the nme. there nice
Old 01-26-2005, 02:17 PM   #11
wordf0o
I'm Rich!

Send a message via AIM to wordf0o
Even a rip off timmy would have to shoot somewhat good.

Quote:
Originally posted by senghing27
w0Rd foo'!@!!!
Old 01-26-2005, 07:41 PM   #12
bmf2030

if its a ripoff of a timmy, then why did bob long help make it? he helped so that wouldn't make a ripoff would it? he'll probably make a new timmy better than the nme but thats what u get when u get help from one of the best. the nme uses all the timmy aftermarket parts, thats kew, and ya cocker threads. just go to www.systemx.com
Old 01-26-2005, 08:29 PM   #13
Lopez17
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by bmf2030
if its a ripoff of a timmy, then why did bob long help make it? he helped so that wouldn't make a ripoff would it?
He didn't help make it. It's made by System X and the board is made by Wicked Air Sports (Jim Drew). Bob Long owns BLAST and makes Intimidators. Why would he need to make knockoffs of his own marker? That doesn't even make sense.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaster
I'd have given someone's arm for a U-Haul and 20 minutes alone with a forklift.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:08 AM   #14
bmf2030

systemx asked him for help to assist. he gets credit for it too. i think he did that so he wouldn't have much competition. his timmys and another gun just like his timmys, all he has to do now is make a new timmy better than the nme. the NME is an almost exact copy of a timmy. but not a "rip off". its the SAME as any other timmy. just as good as the rest..even better!!!!!
Old 01-27-2005, 09:13 AM   #15
Lopez17
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by bmf2030
systemx asked him for help to assist. he gets credit for it too. i think he did that so he wouldn't have much competition. his timmys and another gun just like his timmys, all he has to do now is make a new timmy better than the nme. the NME is an almost exact copy of a timmy. but not a "rip off". its the SAME as any other timmy. just as good as the rest..even better!!!!!
Cite your sources. Where did Bob get credit and show me locations (websites, articles) where there's discussions about Bob's contributions. Incidentally ...it's quite a ripoff. You can buy a 2K2 generation intimidator for less than an NME and it comes with a warranty from Bob (service from BLAST), better quality parts and better quality controls.

So...please show us where Bob receives credit and references to where Bob's contributions are made.

Quote:
Old 01-27-2005, 09:38 AM   #16
bmf2030

go to systemx.com and look at the nme. it tells u about the creation of it at the bottom. and you can also look at systemx's warranty too! and if you live near the company you can take it there and tell them whats wrong and they will fix it for FREE! not like there would be anything wrong with the nme anyway.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:01 AM   #17
matnoo

absolutely sweet gun
Old 01-27-2005, 11:57 AM   #18
Lopez17
Administrator

Quote:
We took the changes that were recommended to Bob Long by our company and applied them to the NME. A second generation "WAS board" (Equalizer) was also created for this marker. It's light, it's fast, it's efficient, and its powered by the best paintball electronics in the world!
That's the quote for NME...nowhere in that paragraph does it say that Bob helped with the marker. System X made some suggestions for improvements to the 2K2 generation of marker (many of which were already implemented in a better capacity in the Alias prototypes, such as a shorter bolt/stroke). Many of those recommendations were also garbage from what I've heard. After Bob rejected those suggestions, System X put out the NME. So...I suggest you go back and re-read the site a little more thoroughly. In no way did Bob assist or contribute to the design of the NME...they boosted his innovations to make their own knockoff with their suggestions. Want validation on this...look at the name...NME (Nimmy)...sound close to Timmy?

You'll notice the LPR block is a step down from those in use on the current Alias platform intimidators and uses an operating pressure the same or worse than the Alias platform. There's also a less than ideal reg on there for the HPR. The torpedo IMHO is one of the top 3 or 4 regs on the market (with the top two belonging to AKA). You'll also notice a garbage barrel, unlike the CP made assasins barrel that's coming stock on Intimidators. The LED feature is a step down from the Intimidators as they incorporated an LCD into the grip frame. The shorter frame was put into the Alias with better results. While I like my WAS board, Jim Drew is a big jerk and that's one of the contributing factors why WAS doesn't have boards in Timmy's anymore. Nevermind the fact that 2.7 and earlier boards were losing trigger events. Besides the Frenzy's and new Infamous boards are likely superior to Equalizers.

There are literally tens of thousands of Intimidators out there and BLAST has a stellar reputation for getting them back to working if they go down. From what I know of System X that's not quite the case. I've heard horrible things about their cockers and the NME from what I've heard and seen is less than reliable too. It's a knock off marker that makes attempted tweaks (more stylistic than performance) at a Timmy platform that hasn't been in use for 18 months. The parts they use are garbage as is System X. It's weak. Why buy a knock off when you can buy the real deal?

Quote:
Old 01-27-2005, 12:20 PM   #19
bmf2030

SPEAKING OF RIP OFFS.... eclipse cockers are a copy of wgp cockers. wgp has cockers copyrighted. sooooo......does timmy have that design copyrighted???
Old 01-27-2005, 12:34 PM   #20
bmf2030

does *** rhyme with bag??? yes it does but it isnt the same thing!!! and T's dont sound like N's!!!! anywho...the Nme is based on the Spyder platform... not necisarily the timmy one so any one that says its a rip off realy doesnt know about the nme... they are just basing it on what they see... not what they know.....go to www.systemx.com read it...... and they didnt just use the same designe they actualy made it function better.....
Closed Thread