pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Old 02-18-2005, 09:36 AM   #1
face_reality

Wrath vs Ion can't decide

I can't reaaly decide what one to buy? I read the specs from other posts on the board. But still can't decide. Ion at least gives you a video to show how fast it is? Does Wrath or anyone have a video of this gun? Has anyone shot the Wrath? Give me your guys opinions?
face_reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 11:16 AM   #2
Everlight389

They all don't just look the same...

I dunno how it all works, but they are almost exactly the same guns internally from what I read in the Diablo forums.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:08 PM   #3
bluesboyk3
Bushamster

Send a message via AIM to bluesboyk3 Send a message via Yahoo to bluesboyk3
i don't think so. the ion is a spool valve gun like a shocker, while the wrath looks like a timmy, bushy - double bolt stack (ram underneath bolt) so u can externally remove the bolt while the ion is not.

to bad theres not an idiot check button
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bluesboyk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 01:27 PM   #4
nirvana1234

none of them..........05 bko is the way to go
Old 02-19-2005, 04:40 PM   #5
Everlight389

Quote:
Originally posted by bluesboyk3
i don't think so. the ion is a spool valve gun like a shocker, while the wrath looks like a timmy, bushy - double bolt stack (ram underneath bolt) so u can externally remove the bolt while the ion is not.
They're all modeled after "Dragun The One", and the Ion's operation is like the Freestyle (blowforward).
Old 02-19-2005, 08:42 PM   #6
bluesboyk3
Bushamster

Quote:
Originally posted by Everlight389

They're all modeled after "Dragun The One", and the Ion's operation is like the Freestyle (blowforward).

Uhh, bushys come out before "the one". Timmy is a better and more expensive version of that, Bob Long used to have a line called "Defiant" which is a tricked out bushy. So the B2k started it all - i think.

Edit - if u're talking about the Wraith, then u're right. But u said they, so i'm guessing u're implying bushy's and timmys too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 02-19-2005, 08:44 PM   #7
Everlight389

Quote:
Originally posted by bluesboyk3

Uhh, bushys come out before "the one". Timmy is a better and more expensive version of that, Bob Long used to have a line called "Defiant" which is a tricked out bushy. So the B2k started it all - i think.
What are you talking about? All the guns I listed use 3 way solenoids (often called a 2-way), when the b2k series uses a true air ram and has no spring return.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:46 PM   #8
bluesboyk3
Bushamster

oooops, i thought u meant sumthin else. See, this is my problem. I never look up to see who's posting what. My bad !!

Old 02-19-2005, 08:48 PM   #9
jackbandit

Send a message via AIM to jackbandit
Quote:
Originally posted by nirvana1234

dude, they both poo on the bko, no offense but they do, only bushamster worth having b2k5 not the bko
Old 02-19-2005, 08:52 PM   #10
Everlight389

BKO isn't bad, but the company is small meaning somewhat slow customer support and no local technicians to fix the guns. I'd take the Ion
Old 02-19-2005, 10:38 PM   #11
cheappaintman

Send a message via AIM to cheappaintman Send a message via Yahoo to cheappaintman
ok, the bko is, a gun for 350 that goes faster than a ion, more reilable, better eye logic, better reg, better bolt, smaller profile than timmy, can have a 4 way noid in and go 40+ cps, has breakbeam eyes, better woranty, better quality, and everyone knows that sp never fixes problems with their guns, the bko looks better, the reg is magic when its broken in, a really good lpr, backed by a better company
cheappaintman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:51 AM   #12
Psycho_warden
The Phantom Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by nirvana1234
You got that right, sigh, cant wait till summer.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:01 AM   #13
Everlight389

Quote:
Originally posted by cheappaintman
ok, the bko is, a gun for 350 that goes faster than a ion

$75 more than an Ion, and one more bps stock

more reilable

Uhh... no

better eye logic

Don't think so

better reg

Not necessarely

better bolt

I'll give you that it does have a delrin bolt

smaller profile than timmy

Oh please, the Ion is the size of a shocker and is shorter than an intimidator. And the BKO is a 2 tube stack design still, and is taller as well.

can have a 4 way noid in and go 40+ cps

Not that you'd be able to shoot that fast. The Ion is capable of 23 with a bolt upgrade which is all you'd ever need.

has breakbeam eyes

Your train of thought must still be in the station, because the ion does too

better woranty

Yeah, but you can only send it to them to get fixed to furfill that warranty. With an Ion, you can take it to a local store and have it back in 2 days, as opposed to a month from ICD.

better quality

Their gaskets still suck, but their quality overall is better than t used to be

and everyone knows that sp never fixes problems with their guns

Yes, they do...

the bko looks better

Your opinion, and I held an Ion today and it is truely a very nice gun feel-wise

the reg is magic when its broken in

Better than the SP reg, which has less parts and is easier to disassemble, yet still have very good performance? Yet to be seen

a really good lpr

I'll give it that it had one, unlike the impulse, but I don't believe that it's any better than an Ions LPR

backed by a smaller company

Fixed

And he asked whether the Wrath or Ion, not the BKO

Last edited by Everlight389 : 02-20-2005 at 11:03 AM.
Everlight389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:09 AM   #14
BigTarget04
Who Dat?!?!

Send a message via AIM to BigTarget04 Send a message via Yahoo to BigTarget04
Quote:
originally posted by: Everlight389
I'll give it that it had one, unlike the impulse, but I don't believe that it's any better than an Ions LPR
Umm the ion only has one reg and its a hpr. And since the 2005 BKO has yet to have any true performance specs released I'm gonna reserve my opinion on it unit I read some. But the wrath and BKO operate in nearly the same identical manner. But I'm quite sure the solenoid in the BKO is much better quality then the Wrath. And I'm thinking the one on the Ion is pretty good too. I'm also a lil sketchy on diablo markers cuz my friend has a mongoose and that thing has way too many problems all the time.

BigTarget04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:12 AM   #15
Everlight389

Ah, I stand corrected. Thought I saw it on the diagram for some reason
Old 02-20-2005, 12:32 PM   #16
cheappaintman

Send a message via AIM to cheappaintman Send a message via Yahoo to cheappaintman
teh noid in the bko has qevs and is made by humphry, a dman good noid company. Sps noid is their own faulty design
cheappaintman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 01:05 PM   #17
Everlight389

Quote:
teh noid in the bko has qevs and is made by humphry, a dman good noid company. Sps noid is their own faulty design
I agree that humphrey noids are good, but the new Smart Parts Ion solenoid is as good or better, and it allows for air return (like the freestyle). As I said before, why are we arguing over this?
Old 02-20-2005, 04:41 PM   #18
ikey

well technically, both the SP shocker and the WDP angel came out in 1996 (i think). the shocker works differently, which would make the angel the first open bolt stacked tube design in paintball. yes i know it has 3 tubes but it still works the same. but acutally the shocker was the frist high end electro cause it was invent even b4 SP came out with it. it was owned by another company and they went out of buisness or something but were partnered with SP so SP took over cause the other ppl left or something.

forum
http://www.markedfordeathpaintball.com/forum/index.php
ikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 02:45 PM   #19
BigTarget04
Who Dat?!?!

Send a message via AIM to BigTarget04 Send a message via Yahoo to BigTarget04
Quote:
I think that you are thinking of the B2K5 which does have qevs on the noid and is a humphrey. The one in a BKO is a humphrey, I think, but doesnt have any qev's. Also the B2K5 is about 100+ bucks or more than the BKO

BigTarget04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 05:10 PM   #20
YoBoneDaddy
BBUC Senior Member

Wow I was hoping this thread could give some solid info on the Wrath cause it's an attractive alternative to the Ion, however instead I find the usual foam-mouthed ICD humpers attacking the ion like it did their mama wrong. If the Ion's presence threatens you ICD owners this much you must not have much faith in your markers. Anyway (not that this is going to be noted cause it's not about BKO VS ION but I'll attempt) is the Wrath going to accept Timmy parts? I've heard mention that it is using Timmy-style internals but I'm just wondering to what degree they'll be swapable. Any info will be greatly appreciated!

By the way I'm a neutral third party in this Smart Parts VS ICD war, since I've never owned nor tried either marker, but I gotta say ICD certainly seems to have a lot of extremists. You're like the suicide bombers of the paintball world lol.
YoBoneDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote