pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 03:07 PM   #1
Tama

Ion vs. 05 Bko

Hi,
I joined a paintball team and I am looking for a new gun. I have 250-350 bucks to spend. I narrowed it down to the Ion and the 05 Bko. If you could please give me a reccomendation on one that would be great.
Thanks for the help
Old 02-27-2005, 03:41 PM   #2
Kurama

Send a message via AIM to Kurama
Its tough between the two, but I had the chance to test and review an 04 b2k a few days ago. Unless they did some serious design changes in 05, I'd avoid it. I only got 500 shots off of a 45/4500 fill.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:54 PM   #3
Daryn
Proud Automag owner

Send a message via AIM to Daryn
500 on a 45/4500? ouch.

68 Automag
classic body w/ modded feedneck
double trigger w/ modded classic frame
black CP gas-thru foregrip
black CP on/off flame drop-forward
black ShockTech valve
47ci 3000 psi hpa tank
black Empire tank wrap
TSA LCD FrontMan

www.hybridlyrix.com
Old 02-27-2005, 04:17 PM   #4
robdamanii
Just a regular face mower

Send a message via AIM to robdamanii Send a message via Yahoo to robdamanii
Ion for sure.

Gold to black Joy Division Angel A4 Fly, Lazer Eyez, Yellow Reloader B, 04 MacDev Conquest, CP 2 Piece, CP Grip Reg, Evolve Lite Kit, Master Tech Valve, Master Tech Trigger, Custom Yellow Breech Knob - Pic
Blue Karta AutoMag, X-valve, Lv 10, ULT kit, Intelliframe, 03 stickies, Freak Kit, Reloader B, Rogue Strangler neck, gas through LCD Mini-Reg, CP rail, CP On/Off, Nitroduck X-Stream - Pic
WDP Black Dust Angel Speed, WS Backplate, Soft Face bolt, Cobra Fang Trigger, Master Tech Volumizer, Force Snatch Grip, Adrenaline Breech Knob, Ultralite, Halo B, 02 MacDev Conquest - Pic
Blue/Black Acid Freeflow Boxxer cocker, Nexus Ram, Eclipse QEVs, Belsales Hollowpoint, WGP Tickler, Freeflow Valve, WGP Hinge Frame, Shocktech Beaver Tail, CP Grip Reg, CP 2 Piece, Reloader B, Centerflag Hyperflow 201 - Pic - FOR SALE!

DBMArmy"Da Budget Men"
NWDP - We Are Cooler Than YouN

What a good laugh this is!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tipp98WhisperEx
Jeez, Rob didn't even let the poor kid take his barrel plug out.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:57 PM   #5
Tama

Talking

So you think that it is not worth the extra money for the BKO? If not, could you reccomend and upgrades for the Ion and a Nitrogen system?
Thank you for responding
Old 02-27-2005, 06:26 PM   #6
Pantelones
k

Send a message via AIM to Pantelones
Check the general forums, there are about 1242589 threads about this.
Quote:
Originally posted by Legato777
keep it to urself ur big on a paintball forum arent but something like that would get u decked and u be lyin on the floor vrying and bleeding are u even a paintballer?
Old 02-27-2005, 06:28 PM   #7
Tama

Okay.......
Then could some one please help me out and reccomend a specific gun? IF you think it is worth it to spend more money..... please let me know.
Thanks
Old 02-27-2005, 07:48 PM   #8
wordf0o
I'm Rich!

Send a message via AIM to wordf0o
Quote:
Originally posted by Pantelones
Check the general forums, there are about 1242589 threads about this.
There's also a FAQ between BKO, Wrath and Ion.

Tama- I Don't know what you're saying.

Quote:
Originally posted by senghing27
w0Rd foo'!@!!!
Old 02-27-2005, 07:55 PM   #9
cheappaintman

Send a message via AIM to cheappaintman Send a message via Yahoo to cheappaintman
ok, the 05BKO has breakbeam eyes, better eye logic, better reg, has a lpr, has cocker threads, better bolt, better quality, better design, faster, more upgradeable, trayless, better stock, can get a new noid to go 40+ cps, better board, more things u can set, better trigger, better look, doesnt look like plastic, better company, big changes from the 04 BKO, and it gets more than 500 on a 45/45, my friend gets 900 off a macdev 45/45
Old 02-28-2005, 03:03 AM   #10
Tama

Thanks-
can anyone reccomend a new nitrogen system that i could buy off the internet for like 180-200? And would you reccomend any other upgrades for the bko?
Old 02-28-2005, 03:21 AM   #11
CoolT

Crossfire 4500 (call your field to make sure they fill 4500) in any size you're most comfortable with. 68ci is the most common size.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:44 AM   #12
Tama

Talking

Kool-
i dont want to sound like an idiot...... im new to the whole nitrogen system. So could someone tell me what all the numbers mean?
Old 02-28-2005, 09:56 AM   #13
CoolT

Quote:
Originally posted by Tama
Kool-
i dont want to sound like an idiot...... im new to the whole nitrogen system. So could someone tell me what all the numbers mean?
68ci is the size measured in cubic inches. Many tanks use the cu (cubic unit) notation, but they mean the same thing. Since the unit is in inches, technically ci is "truer" than cu.

The 4500psi number is the pressure the tank can be filled to. The tank can be filled to any number any this number, the number listed is the max fill pressure. Tanks come in 3000psi, 4500psi, and 5000psi (scarcely). Before you buy a tank, ask where you get your tanks filled how high they can fill. Some fields/shops can only fill up to 3000psi, making a 4500psi tank's full potential wasted.

The only other number you'll here when referring to nitro/HPA (high pressure air) is hydro date. Tanks must be tested to ensure they can hold the max pressure every 5 years in the US. The date is listed as a month/year date when the hydro was performed. 5 years after that date, the tank must be rehydroed. If the bottle fails, it's drilled and condemned).

I recommend a Crossfire tank since they are hands down one of the brand of tanks. Centerflag, MacDev, and Nitro Duck are other great brands to look for.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:31 PM   #14
wordf0o
I'm Rich!

Send a message via AIM to wordf0o
Quote:
Originally posted by cheappaintman
ok, the 05BKO has breakbeam eyes, better eye logic, better reg, has a lpr, has cocker threads, better bolt, better quality, better design, faster, more upgradeable, trayless, better stock, can get a new noid to go 40+ cps, better board, more things u can set, better trigger, better look, doesnt look like plastic, better company, big changes from the 04 BKO, and it gets more than 500 on a 45/45, my friend gets 900 off a macdev 45/45
The Ion vs. BKO vs. Wrath Faqsays different...
The Ion also doesn't have use a spring for the return.

Quote:
Originally posted by senghing27
w0Rd foo'!@!!!
Old 02-28-2005, 12:48 PM   #15
robdamanii
Just a regular face mower

Send a message via AIM to robdamanii Send a message via Yahoo to robdamanii
Quote:
Originally posted by cheappaintman
Amazing. I'm assuming you've used an 05 BKO for a long time then.

Nobody's used the highly hyped 05 BKO yet, so we can't compare. Compared to the 04 BKO, the Ion is worlds better.

Gold to black Joy Division Angel A4 Fly, Lazer Eyez, Yellow Reloader B, 04 MacDev Conquest, CP 2 Piece, CP Grip Reg, Evolve Lite Kit, Master Tech Valve, Master Tech Trigger, Custom Yellow Breech Knob - Pic
Blue Karta AutoMag, X-valve, Lv 10, ULT kit, Intelliframe, 03 stickies, Freak Kit, Reloader B, Rogue Strangler neck, gas through LCD Mini-Reg, CP rail, CP On/Off, Nitroduck X-Stream - Pic
WDP Black Dust Angel Speed, WS Backplate, Soft Face bolt, Cobra Fang Trigger, Master Tech Volumizer, Force Snatch Grip, Adrenaline Breech Knob, Ultralite, Halo B, 02 MacDev Conquest - Pic
Blue/Black Acid Freeflow Boxxer cocker, Nexus Ram, Eclipse QEVs, Belsales Hollowpoint, WGP Tickler, Freeflow Valve, WGP Hinge Frame, Shocktech Beaver Tail, CP Grip Reg, CP 2 Piece, Reloader B, Centerflag Hyperflow 201 - Pic - FOR SALE!

DBMArmy"Da Budget Men"
NWDP - We Are Cooler Than YouN

What a good laugh this is!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tipp98WhisperEx
Jeez, Rob didn't even let the poor kid take his barrel plug out.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:16 PM   #16
Kurama

Send a message via AIM to Kurama
Okay, I'm not bashing the BKO, I actually prefer the BKO to the ION. I'm clearing up misinformation, and being honest.

Quote:
ok, the 05BKO has breakbeam eyes
So does the ION

Quote:
better eye logic
Can I get a link to the tests prooving this? From what I've seen, my friend's b2k chopped several balls in a case, and I'm still awaiting my first chop after 12 cases. May have been bad paint, so I'll get back when I get fresh paint to test... And the ION's eyes are supposedly better than vision.

Quote:
better reg
SP is known to make better regs than ICD, but I have not used the ION reg. Still, either one seems to suck.

Quote:
has a lpr
K.

Quote:
has cocker threads
This is arguable either way. Between impulse and cocker threads, impulse threads are better. They are larger, making them a bit more durable (not that it matters), and also have an Oring to keep a seal. Impy threads also take less turns to screw the barrel in which is better for squeegeeing, and the threads can start in two places instead of one. However, if you already have a cocker barrel, the cocker threads are better since theyre more commonly used.

Quote:
better bolt
The entire design is different. Because of this, they are impossible to compare.

Quote:
better quality
Arguable either way.

Quote:
better design
How so? The BKO is rather poorly designed without a new solenoid.

Quote:
faster
Does 1bps really matter?

Quote:
more upgradeable
And how long has the ION been out? A few weeks? Now, how many years has the BKO been out? I'm sure within the first year, the ION will be more upgradable since SP's markers tend to have the largest influxes of aftermarket available due to the amount of people with SP markers.

Quote:
trayless
Do you see a tray on the ION?

Quote:
better stock
Not really. They're both around even stock.

Quote:
can get a new noid to go 40+ cps
Do you expect for upgrades for the ION to be available the first few weeks its out?

Quote:
better board
Proof? And doesnt the ION have rebound mode also?

Quote:
more things u can set
As far as firing modes, the ION has more. But why complicate things when it works fine?

Quote:
better trigger
K.

Quote:
better look, doesnt look like plastic
100% opinion, and the ION doesnt look like plastic in real life. Only on the net.

Quote:
better company
As far as lawsuits, yes ICD is better.
As far as service, there are MUCH more SP techs out there, and ICD service is pretty horrible. Small company, tons of customers. My friend's had a horrible time dealing with ICD's customer support...

Quote:
big changes from the 04 BKO
It better have big changes to compete.

Quote:
and it gets more than 500 on a 45/45, my friend gets 900 off a macdev 45/45
My friend's b2k, which are supposedly more efficient, got between 500 and 600 shots out of a 45/45 fill. I actually counted shots. Take it and shoot it looking at thr gauge. You can see the pressure dropping very quickly.

Last edited by Kurama : 02-28-2005 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:45 AM   #17
jakeiscared

Send a message via AIM to jakeiscared
Doesn't look like plastic are you kidding me? The whole gun does from about 20 feet, and whats with all the rubber..thing feels like a toy.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:11 PM   #18
tigerpaws27
Team Full Plastic Jacket

I always suggest to do some research. I have been for quite some time now. I am looking for a new marker myself and from what I have found the wrath and Ion are essentially the same, except for a few things here and there. It is a matter of preference. Look at the reviews (preferrably the long ones by educated people).
If your really looking at a gun as high as 350 I would wait till the 05 bko's come out and hear what peole have to say about them, because they are basically the only other thing in that price range that will be able to compete, and for all we know could be better.
Without knowing how you play, what position, rec ball or speedball, it is really hard for someone to tell YOU what to buy. If you really want us to analyze the gun you will need then we will need more info, and no matter what our opinions will always be biased.

Good Luck
Old 03-02-2005, 01:41 PM   #19
f2f4

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showt...hreadid=293291

Now you all can stop arguing.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:53 PM   #20
Everlight389

Very well put Kurama. And to add to it, your never gonna hit the cap on the BKO without bounce, while the Ion has ramping. I don't like ramping except for "shootaround", but it's there.
Closed Thread