pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > Impulse

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 12:26 PM   #1
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
Trigger and Trigger Frame Adjustment

Blade and Magnetic Blade trigger adjustments

Instructions fory any blade trigger can be found at: www.newdesignz.com/Support.htm#trig and http://www.kamworld.net/paintball/re...Z_trigger.html

All new design triggers use standard american sized allen wrenches but eclipse blade triggers (magno blade) use metric allen wrenches.

After you have finished installing your blade trigger (any blade trigger or magnetic blade trigger), here is how you can adjust it:

before you put the gun back together (oh yeh, this way is also safer when you put your gun back together, there is less chance of the micro switch lever getting bent or broken) find the micro switch activation srew (it goes at a slight angle up into the trigger and you can see it come out the top of the trigger). unscrew it until it is flush with the top of the trigger. then put the gun back together.

now, set how long you want the pull to be, and it sould be no less than 2mm, although you probably can get away with a length of 1mm or 1.5mm. find the post travel screw, located on the flat blade part of the trigger, and screw it in until the trigger pull is how long you want it to be.

turn the gun on and make sure to watch to see if the blue led on the back of the gun is blinking normally throughout the adjustment proccess. find that micro switch activation and, while holding down the trigger, screw it in slowely until you hear a faint "click" (which will be the solenoid trying to fire the gun, oh yes, make sure the gun isn't gassed up right now) and see the light on the back of the gun stop blinking. then let go of the trigger. then screw the micro switch activation screw in one more 1/8 of a turn of the allen wrench.

>if the light on the back on the impulse starts flashnig like normal, pull the trigger a couple more times.

>if everything is okay, you're done.
>if once you pulled the trigger again, and the shot doesnt' registery, (meaning the light on the back of the gun doesn't blink like when you normally shoot the gun) then screw the micro switch activation screw in another 1/8 of a turn. repeat until the shots register
>if once you pull the trigger some more, the light on the back of the gun stops flashing totally, then unscrew the post travel screw 1/8 of a turn, repeat as nessisary.

>if the light on the back of the impulse doesn't flash once you pull the trigger at all, then unscrew the post travel screw 1/8 of a turn, repeat as nessisary. then pull the trigger a couple more times.

>if once you pulled the trigger again, and the shot doesnt' registery, (meaning the light on the back of the gun doesn't blink like when you normally shoot the gun) then screw the micro switch activation screw in another 1/8 of a turn. repeat until the shots register
>if once you pull the trigger some more, the light on the back of the gun stops flashing totally, then unscrew the post travel screw 1/8 of a turn, repeat as nessisary.

>if the light on the impulse doesn't register any shots when you pull the trigger, (meaning the light on the back of the gun doesn't blink like when you normally shoot the gun) then screw the micro switch activation screw in another 1/8 of a turn. repeat until the shots register. pull the trigger a couple more times.

-To adjust the trigger's pull wieght with a magnetic trigger, you will find the magnetic screw on the underside of the trigger frame, right in a hole where the trigger guard meets the trigger frame's grips. Screw it in to make the trigger pull heavier, and out to make it lighter.
-To adjust the trigger's pull wieght with a spring trigger, you will have to remove the frame from solenoid tray. You will find a screw directly above the rear of the trigger. Screw it in to make the trigger pull heavier, and out to make it lighter. Many people cut, or replace and cut their springs with ball point clicky pen springs as they are lighter than the stock spring.

How to adjust your OTB trigger frame

I am assuming you have the newer version and know how to install the OTB frame.

Make Sure There Is NO AIR In Your Gun

1) Take OTB frame off gun,
2) Look at the top of the frame and there should be two screws-one that you can adjust from the top and one you cannot-unscrew the one you can adjust until it is flush with the top of the frame
NOTE: now look at the trigger, there are two screws in the trigger, one in long the curved part of it you pull-post travel screw-and on that looks like it goes straight up into it-the micro switch activation screw.
NOTE: there is also a pre travel screw at the top end part of the top of the trigger
3) Okay, reinstall your OTB frame
4) Turn your impulse on and pull the trigger; make sure the little light at the back blinks each time you fire in “vision off” mode
5) Find the post travel screw, screw it out until it is flush with the trigger (the curved part you pull w/ your fingers)
6) Next, while holding the trigger down, screw the post travel screw in until it just barely lifts the trigger off of the trigger frame, then let go
7) Now screw the pre travel screw out (righty-tighty, lefty-loosey) until you attain your desired pull length - no less than about 1mm
8) hold the trigger down (and continue holding until I say let go ) and screw in the micro switch activation screw slowly at first then very slowly until the gun fires and the light stops blinking on the back of the gun
9) Release the trigger,
-if the light still doesn’t blink, make sure the trigger doesn’t go in, and screw out the micro switch activation adjustment screw until it starts to blink again (do this very slowly to be more accurate while not holding down the trigger)
-if the light resumes blinking once you release the trigger, pull the trigger like 6 times and try walking it fast, then if the light continues to blink when you are not holding down the trigger, but does not blink when you are holding it down (except on for one blink per shot), you are good to go.
-if the light stops blinking after you have pulled the trigger a couple more times then, then, while making sure the trigger doesn’t go in, and screw out the micro switch activation adjustment screw until it starts to blink again (do this very slowly to be more accurate)
-if the light doesn’t stop blinking once you hold the trigger down, then, while holding the trigger down screw the micro switch activation screw in just a tiny bit more until the light on the back stops blinking, then release
-test the trigger again by firing it and if necessary repeat the necessary steps.
10) Once that is done you are done, all you need to do now is practice walking the trigger

More trigger/frame guides coming soon.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Here are some comments made by satisfied questioners:
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"I care, Mike....(dramatic pause)....i care..."-Master_Chadwick
"lol wow mike u really are a G...hahhahhahhahhahhaha
what a pimp " -wanabe TOSA
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
toothpastedog, come to Canada right now.-MBPG
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting

Last edited by toothpastedog : 04-18-2005 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:37 PM   #2
Bokuwakakera
the Pain Train

Send a message via AIM to Bokuwakakera
long over do, thanks TPD!
72/45k smartparts tank, with a nitroduck reg and Gray Dye rhino cover
Flame-Milled noid' tray
Strange Bolt, W.A.S board, Tapeworm and a Eggy.

backman of team Cyclone
Check out our forum!
Our Field

myspace is f00r L00serrz!!1!
Old 04-17-2005, 02:26 PM   #3
Smartpart5
Fallout

Send a message via AIM to Smartpart5 Send a message via Yahoo to Smartpart5
another sticky..........
good job tpd you cease to amaze me
Old 04-17-2005, 03:06 PM   #4
wordf0o
I'm Rich!

Send a message via AIM to wordf0o
Another attempt at a sticky, I see. Hmph!

Quote:
Originally posted by senghing27
w0Rd foo'!@!!!
Old 04-17-2005, 04:49 PM   #5
CoolT

Stuck!

To keep it clutter free, I'm closing this. If you have something important to add, PM me or TPD. Preferably TPD since he wrote it and knows far more about Imps than I do.

Last edited by CoolT : 04-17-2005 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:28 PM   #6
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
Edited for blade trigger pull wieght adjustment.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Here are some comments made by satisfied questioners:
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"I care, Mike....(dramatic pause)....i care..."-Master_Chadwick
"lol wow mike u really are a G...hahhahhahhahhahhaha
what a pimp " -wanabe TOSA
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
toothpastedog, come to Canada right now.-MBPG
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Closed Thread