pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > Impulse

Old 04-18-2005, 03:23 AM   #1
CoolT

Post Ultimate Sticky + FAQ questions, comments, and suggestions

The Ultimate Sticky has been overhauled, anything you have to say regarding the sticky goes in this thread.

Last edited by CoolT : 04-18-2005 at 03:30 AM.
CoolT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 05:57 AM   #2
jokerdude1333

Send a message via AIM to jokerdude1333
nice, but the CS-designs board people went out of business and are just taking peoples money without sending the boards out. i would put a different one in there like ECS which adds the ECS software and eyes and to your stock cricket board, or your vision board.
jokerdude1333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:23 AM   #3
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
Nice work coolT, looks very snazzy now

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Here are some comments made by satisfied questioners:
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"I care, Mike....(dramatic pause)....i care..."-Master_Chadwick
"lol wow mike u really are a G...hahhahhahhahhahhaha
what a pimp " -wanabe TOSA
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
toothpastedog, come to Canada right now.-MBPG
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
toothpastedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 05:12 AM   #4
Bokuwakakera
the Pain Train

Send a message via AIM to Bokuwakakera
WOW, good job CoolT! It looks alot better.
72/45k smartparts tank, with a nitroduck reg and Gray Dye rhino cover
Flame-Milled noid' tray
Strange Bolt, W.A.S board, Tapeworm and a Eggy.

backman of team Cyclone
Check out our forum!
Our Field

myspace is f00r L00serrz!!1!
Bokuwakakera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:40 PM   #5
paintballer930
Banned

Location: the steel city pittsburgh of the great pennsylvania
you guys did a very good job thanks alot.
paintballer930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 03:45 PM   #6
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Send a message via AIM to speedy2k4
first off, great job with the sticky. i am in the process of remodelling the dye sticky, inspired by you all.

i was thinking about adding something though. althoug mike has written a very detailed upgrade guide, i was thinking of adding something more simple but didn't want to make an entire thread. it's kinda my upgrade order and things i would reccomend doing. here goes:

modifications requiring no upgrades: these are only meant for people who know what they are doing, and they are not idiot proof. they can all increase the performance of stock parts without costing any $$$.

-first off, tune up your impulse. get the settings you want. i would reccomend setting the input to around 180psi, and adjusting your dwell until you get a good velocity. make sure everything is cleaned and lubed properly. even the most upgraded impulse in the world can get owned by a stock impulse that is tuned correctly.

-bolt mods: well this isn't necessary, but if you don't have a grudge against aluminum, it can make your stock bolt git-r-done. first off, change the o-rings preferably to something a little tighter, something that won't drag as much. if you have a pipe saw or something, you can cut off the rear section of your bolt to cut down slightly on weight and drag, but only cut it to the end of the second conatct area(the second bump from the rear) because you need to leave the spring and bearing section.

-ram assembly mods: this can make a huge difference. if you know how to, take your assembly completely apart. replace all of the internal o-rings that contact the ram with new ones, preferrably buna-n. this will significantly cut down on drag. also, i would suggest buying a jewelry cleaning/polishing cloth, and polishing the ram. it will have a simliar effect to the slick shot, but it will be free. make sure you grease the assembly lightly. too little grease or too much will both slow down the cycle.

-valve: if you have some sort of drill press at your disposal, you can angle the port to give better air flow, similar to the rip valve.

-detents: this isn't really an upgrade, but isn't really stock either, but if you use a halo or evo2, i would get 2 vision detents and use an o-ring as a spacer so that you can tighten them farther into the breech and align them evenly.

-max flo: to start i just want to say the old version of the max flo is more consistant and reliable than the new version. as for modifications, it doesn't need anything but a light coat of grease.

-trigger: remove the rear trigger pin. it will give you a more adjustable range of motion.

upgrades: listed in order of priority in my opinion, with my personal brand reccomendation. if your gun comes with any of these upgrades, keep what you have. also, if you plan on an lpr kit, get that first and ignore the tapeworm. i also list a new board twice, the first time is if you don't have vision, the second one is if you already do. if you don't have any sort of vision, that would obviously go a little higher on the priorities list. also, if you plan on a rip valve, keep your stock hammer, a heavier hammer won't help.

tapeworm- any brand
trigger- new designz pro-mag
bolt- new desigz equalizer white stubby
feedneck- ccm low rise
board- w.a.s. equalizer
hammer- new designz stanless mid weight
valve- new designs rip valve
ram- new designz slick shot
board- w.a.s. equalizer
pull pin- anything titanium
lpr- new designz kit
trigger frame- hsw v3 i-frame
barrel- freak kit or dye ultralite
body milling- eliapaintball.com superlite

there are plenty of other option, these are only the suggestions of a crazy 16yr old who happens to take his own advice and in doing so created one awesome impulse for very little $$$.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 04:00 PM   #7
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
looks great-although i don't have time to read it. post it in my upgrade guide thread.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 04-21-2005, 05:13 PM   #8
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

no problem. you should probably read it though, just to make sure i didn't accidentally say something stupid without knowing it.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:16 PM   #9
CoolT

Nice addition. I'm going to close it within the next week to keep it clutter free so just PM me if you need something opened for editing. I'll leave it open for a little bit longer though.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:35 AM   #10
toothpastedog

Quote:
Originally posted by speedy2k4
no problem. you should probably read it though, just to make sure i didn't accidentally say something stupid without knowing it.
finally got around to reading it, and looks good. nice work

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 05-08-2005, 05:29 PM   #11
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally posted by toothpastedog

finally got around to reading it, and looks good. nice work
thanks
Old 05-17-2005, 09:50 PM   #12
toothpastedog

post links to any known online stores that sells impusles/impulse products here:

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showt...hreadid=311159

Help make the US better!

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 04-11-2006, 08:26 PM   #13
EMPIR3balla4747

Love the Ultimate Sticky. Thx for taking time to make it convienient fo reveryone to read. Peace.
EMPIR3balla4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:05 PM   #14
mgitlin
Ex-*****

Send a message via AIM to mgitlin Send a message via MSN to mgitlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothpastedog
05-17-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPIR3balla4747
04-11-2006

no harm done, just giving you a hard time about reviving a REALLY old thread (especially since it's already "stuck")
Old 04-11-2006, 09:08 PM   #15
gdog5
Registered Boozer

Send a message via ICQ to gdog5 Send a message via AIM to gdog5 Send a message via MSN to gdog5 Send a message via Yahoo to gdog5 Send a message via Skype™ to gdog5
hey i wish there were more apr 06ers like him reading the stickys, i applaud him lol
LCD Matrix- Cp 1 piece, Cp Roller
SP Ion- Lucky Stage 5, LBM Stage 1, CP Trigger, T-board w/ Virtue membrane, CP Reg, Qev FOR SALE
SP Impulse- Ndz Trigger, CP Cap, Tapeworm, Strange Delrin Bolt
NSG Splatmaster; Spyder Sonix & Victor
BE Eradicator, Striker, & Talon

One thing I do know though, paintball guns, they come they go....
gdog5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:36 AM   #16
mgitlin
Ex-*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdog5
hey i wish there were more apr 06ers like him reading the stickys, i applaud him lol
yeah, very true
Old 04-12-2006, 12:41 PM   #17
Team Chokepoint
Exit Wounds @ pbn

Send a message via AIM to Team Chokepoint
Not to mention, TPD is dead.

Or at least that's my best bet.

Rockin the Alien Interceptor: Because winning is more fun. Predator - Be the Hunter.

Alien forum - now available on pbr.

Trust +29 / -0
Team Chokepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:16 PM   #18
mgitlin
Ex-*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Chokepoint
Not to mention, TPD is dead.

Or at least that's my best bet.
I think SP abducted him and stole his top secret gun design he was working on... :nododgy: