pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > General Paintball Talk

Old 05-02-2005, 06:59 PM   #1
I.A.O.A.B
Budget MAAAAAN!

Send a message via AIM to I.A.O.A.B
Exclamation Teamwork 101

Alright, about this time, you've learned to bunker,snap shoot, dive, and pretty much the basics of being a god at paintball. But, whats good is it gonna do if you can't mix it with teamwork? My team drills on communication all the time, even pro teams have to work on it, so don't get discouraged. Alright, let's get to it.

The Basics
The basics of teamwork is communication, communication communication. You HAVE to know where your opponents are, or what else do you have? Mind powers? Didn't think so. Your back guys need to be shooting nonstop, calling out bunkers/eliminations/scratch counts (how many of your guys are dead, I'll get into codes/lingo later). Your midguys should be doing the same, but filling the front guys spots if they are eliminated or bump up. Your front guys should be the ones most vital to you. They rack up the kills, fill key bunkers, take extra paint, etc. You Need to know how to gel these together.

Before the game, you should have a basic gameplan. No, a gameplan isn't "alright, you go here and then shoot them." It's more like; "Alright Bob, if you take this bunker here, take this guy out before he breaks down the right. George, that's where you come in. Lane the right, don't stop laning right untill Steve tells to you cross up, then you both shoot cross field. Larry here will go up the gut and try to kill this bunker here." FOLLOW YOUR GAMEPLAN! If you don't , your team will just break down. Some guys were following gameplan, some weren't. Have organization, another key.

E1,E1,E1!
I don't know about the rest of your teams, but that's Team Nazgul's kill count. E1= Elimination 1, or one guy dead. Then comes E2,E3,E4, etc. Basically, another good key in organization is codes. Here's a few codes we use.

E1=Elimination 1, one of the opposing team members is eliminated.
Scratch 1= One of our team members is eliminated.
Star= Roll your guns. Everyone is out shooting their guns, usually used to help front guys get to key bunkers.
Jump= Bunker. For instance, if someone says, "Jump center rollie!" that means do whatever you can to bunker that center rollie. Usually used in conjunction with Star.\
Bump= Move to a certain bunker.
Those are just a few of the things we can use. Other things you can use is you can break the field up into sections.
Left tape=Green Mid=Red Right tape= Blue, etc. Also, be on the same page with your teammates with bunker names."He's at the doghouse! "What!?!?!?" "the doghouse, the pointy triangle!" "Oh!" Doesn't work well.

Be cool Brah
One of the most important things is you have to be able to mix your teammates. You have to gel, be one oile d machine. It sounds corny, but get to know you're teammates, see if you share a common thread, talk with them. I'd much rather step on a field with a best friend then a guy I barely know. If you guys know an respect each other, you will see much better results in team work, leading to more eliminations, leading to more 1st place finishes.

Hope this helped. Good Job STO and Eff, Mine weren't as detailed as yours but I try, what can I say.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:02 PM   #2
nacnac58
Snake Ninja

very nice man!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Death_Itself
Shooting actual paint i can get up to 32, and it sometimes jumps up to 35 but im usually stationary at 32 if im trying to shoot that fast.... This is at a chrono too, chrono's dont lie
nacnac58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:03 PM   #3
STO Balla 22

Send a message via AIM to STO Balla 22
STO's Seal of Approval *stamp*
Tein S-Tech Springs
Black 17x8 Rota Torques
255/45/17 Falken Azenis Tires
20% Tint
Autometer Boost Gauge
STO Balla 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:53 PM   #4
fusion_05
ATHF fan

Wow...lots of '101' articles recently. Good Info though.

Smart Parts Ion
Brita = Life

Team Abyss
Currently harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction
I've got tons of Gmail invites - if you would like one, PM me.
fusion_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:01 PM   #5
hybrid-sniper

Send a message via AIM to hybrid-sniper Send a message via MSN to hybrid-sniper
Another good code to use is something if one of your boys gets eliminated to immediately tell everyone on our team he's gone we yell "_______ Sucks, _______ Sucks" Then everyone knows he's gone and we try and fill in.

I'll keep it short and sweet. Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed. - Montgomery Burns
But it would be just like you to drag your keyboard to a gunfight - Bane

Awake. Arise. Eat. Work. ****. Sleep. Awake. Arise.
hybrid-sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 11:56 AM   #6
mooseknuckle
¿Que?

Couple more tips. Having unique codes isn't a bad thing, since communication is supposed to help your team, not the other one. For example, if you yell "RELOADING" or something like that, it's very easy for the other team to hear that and know that a lane isn't being filled, or someone won't be able to react to a bunker attempt, but if you yell something completely irrelevant (our team yelled emo this past tournament for reloading) the other team will have no clue what it means. I was going to say something else, but I went to get something to eat and forgot .
mooseknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 12:27 PM   #7
coolrazer
is actually Eric Berry.

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper
Another good code to use is something if one of your boys gets eliminated to immediately tell everyone on our team he's gone we yell "_______ Sucks, _______ Sucks" Then everyone knows he's gone and we try and fill in.
Whoa, we do the same thing.

ΦΚΨ
coolrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 02:14 PM   #8
STO Balla 22

Send a message via AIM to STO Balla 22
I swear I heard Dynasty yelling that in HB, but I could be wrong.
Tein S-Tech Springs
Black 17x8 Rota Torques
255/45/17 Falken Azenis Tires
20% Tint
Autometer Boost Gauge
STO Balla 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 02:36 PM   #9
I.A.O.A.B
Budget MAAAAAN!

Send a message via AIM to I.A.O.A.B
Quote:
Originally posted by mooseknuckle
Couple more tips. Having unique codes isn't a bad thing, since communication is supposed to help your team, not the other one. For example, if you yell "RELOADING" or something like that, it's very easy for the other team to hear that and know that a lane isn't being filled, or someone won't be able to react to a bunker attempt, but if you yell something completely irrelevant (our team yelled emo this past tournament for reloading) the other team will have no clue what it means. I was going to say something else, but I went to get something to eat and forgot .
Yeah, if were podding up ( which we do our share of) we yell "Guys, I'm ready!". So the opposing team thinks we might just hit them with a big move, but we don't. Or do we?
Old 05-10-2005, 10:21 AM   #10
HurleyHero67
Accomplished Exile

Location: Radford during the school year, but Richmond is home.
Send a message via AIM to HurleyHero67 Send a message via Yahoo to HurleyHero67
Some notes to newbs who read this-

Don't think you have to yell out everything you're doing. There are plenty of situations where you don't have time to stop and yell out to your teamates exactly what you're going to do, and sometimes you don't want to in the first place. I'm not going to yell out "i'm moving to X" if I'm a front man all the time, then the guy right in front of you knows exactly where you're going. Not cool. I know you can code the bunkers so they don't know which one, but now they still know you're moving and they'll have a shot at hitting you during the move. Even hand signals to your back men, assuming you're in a good position for it, works.

I understand the whole "follow your gameplan" idea, but don't think just because you have a set gameplan means everything will go the way you want it to. If you're playing a good team, they'll most likely do something to mess it up. Be willing to change the gameplan and take control of the game on your own. Don't ignore an exploit that the other team gives you just because it's not part of your gameplan. IMO, the flow and comfort level with your teammates is the only thing important when it comes to "teamwork". Everything else will come along naturally.
HurleyHero67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 08:40 PM   #11
wordf0o
I'm Rich!

Send a message via AIM to wordf0o
Quote:
Originally posted by STO Balla 22
STO's Seal of Approval *stamp*

Quote:
Originally posted by senghing27
w0Rd foo'!@!!!
wordf0o is offline   Reply With Quote