pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > General Paintball Talk

Old 05-03-2005, 06:11 PM   #1
Sotex Killa07
HK <3/Support.

Breaking out And Player Positions 101

Hello, Well I'm going to give a go at giving advice . Iím here today to talk about the first few minutes of a game. Starting with the break out and Jobs of each Player. I am going to use prior knowledge and some new that I learned at the Dynasty Clinic I went to. I'm going to put these two together to save a little time.

Breaking Out

I would like to focus on breaking out first. Most people just get on the starting gate and just get ready to run. Well the way you start can greatly change they way the beginning of the game goes for your team. Things you should focus on first is where you plan on sending your players. With getting your team mates to the right bunkers knowing how to shoot and hold your gun properly will help with eliminating any threat.

Holding your gun

As we all know your gun should be like one unit with your body. It should be tucked into your shoulder and your nose should be at the back of the gun and you should be looking straight down the gun. You should be using your shooting hand to fire the gun and give some support. And your gun on the reg should be the hand moving the gun left, right, up, or down.
Examples of good gun handeling and wrapping

Your feet and Body

If you are shooting OTB and hitting a back corners or back center (this is not the mids running shooting to bunkers farther than back center). Then you should have your body facing the field with the gun set as if you were going to shoot "on your nose" then bring just the gun back across to touch the gate. Leaving you facing the opposition.
Example:

Positions

If the use of the Shooting skills above is applied this part should be much easier. I would like to talk a little about each position first

Backs

A backerís job is to basically shoot allot of paint but do it with accuracy with speed. Your Job is to lane of break and make sure you are alive to back your fronts up. You are the key for communication you should be the loudest on the field. The backers are the ones who tell the mids/fronts where and when to go. Along with this a front/mid should never hesitate to move if told to. If they get shot it is probably bad timing on the backerís part.

Mid Players

Mid players usually shoot and run off Break but to bunkers like back center or to near by lay downs and such. A mid player should be quick like a front but needs good communication skills like a back. Their main job is to be a filler. If your team decides to play a mid in the back center. Then he would fill for any fronts at appropriate times, or if a backer in the corner gets shot out they should be hauling butt over the to the corner to open the field back up.

Fronts

A front player should be extremely fast and should have great gun skills. They need to be able to shoot and run, dive, slide, snap shoot or whatever. They need to be accurate, calm, and shoot with finesse. They should be running to the key bunkers like center 50, or snake. They should be communicators, but if they make key bunkers and are unknown they need to stay quiet and let the backs/mids communicate for them. They need to stay calm in bunkers, and snap out only for a second to shoot out other players. They need to know when a run through or other big move is needed. They should rely on pure skill, and what their teammates are calling out.

So with this I hope you and your team can exceed in this great sport
had to post this

Last edited by Sotex Killa07 : 05-03-2005 at 06:20 PM.
Sotex Killa07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:33 PM   #2
cocker kid 2k2

Send a message via AIM to cocker kid 2k2 Send a message via Yahoo to cocker kid 2k2
Good thread dude, props to you and the others that have made some great informative threads in the past week.
cocker kid 2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:34 PM   #3
supersam08
tomato phone

Send a message via MSN to supersam08 Send a message via Yahoo to supersam08
nice, really good job

"Karnivor is not more complicated to bone than a traditional cocker spaniel"

lol
Team Onslaught
supersam08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:35 PM   #4
coolrazer
is actually Eric Berry.

You beat me to it...

ΦΚΨ
coolrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:36 PM   #5
STO Balla 22

Send a message via AIM to STO Balla 22
Great job, Nick. I taught him everything he knows about making a great thread.

Tein S-Tech Springs
Black 17x8 Rota Torques
255/45/17 Falken Azenis Tires
20% Tint
Autometer Boost Gauge
STO Balla 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:40 PM   #6
Sotex Killa07
HK <3/Support.

lol yaeh i used spell check and word.. what can i say...
Sotex Killa07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:44 PM   #7
fusion_05
ATHF fan

That Paintball 101 thread really needs to get stickied.

Smart Parts Ion
Brita = Life

Team Abyss
Currently harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction
I've got tons of Gmail invites - if you would like one, PM me.
fusion_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:54 PM   #8
HyperBallz
I am the King

Nice thread. Where is the sticky for all of these? We need it.

~~~Rockin' Teh Blue Ion~~~
*Blue Ion, Black Torp, CCM No-Rise feedneck, Smoke Halo*
HyperBallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 05:35 AM   #9
PaintBaller1818

Seriously. Sticky it and then end the flood of these 101 threads. Honestly. If they keep coming I'm gonna do a 101 thread 101: A thread about how to write 101 threads.
  • Frenzy 127
  • CP swoop trigger
  • Ripped Halo B
Team UNITY #18
PaintBaller1818 is offline   Reply With Quote