pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > PMI Paintball

Old 05-21-2005, 08:39 AM   #1
paintballer8807
SP=NAZIS

Send a message via AIM to paintballer8807
co2 or hpa?

many piranha owners wonder weather to use co2 or hpa. i sure by now u know that hpa is better. for starters it is cleaner and will run threw your marker better. it also has a gauge on the tank and you can fill it one your marker. if u buy n2 at a field it is often cheap as well. on the other hand co2 tanks are cheaper and the tanks are smaller and lighter.
well lets first talk co2. piranhas well work well on co2 compared to other markers. they have lots of room for the co2 to expand and have volumizers, ram air chamber, and expansion chambers. if u want to buy a co2 tank you are going to want to buy a PMI tank. they are found any were, are cheap, and are made of aluminum so they are very light.

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...ms-co2-systems

remember the PMI tanks are the best. with one of these u are also going to want a siphon. http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...AAAECVbkmO6LC. this takes only the co2 from the tank that has been transformed into a gas. there is also a little trick that can be performed. with co2 you never know when u r going 2 be out of air because it has no gauge. well what you can do is take an asa or on off with a macro line port on each side.(you can get these any were and most ppl will give them away) what you do is put it one your marker just like the asa you have now but then you put a gauge in the other macro line port. (gauges are often free to.) this will tell you how much psi is in your tank. although it will always be at about 400psi it can atleast give u some idea between enough left and little or no co2.

HPA- first of ill tell you that every HPA tank will perform the same. weather u spend 40 or 400. the only difference is weight, size, and the amount of air the tank can hold. the tanks are slightly different depending on brand but that is the same with anything. with that said you would probably be best of with a 47/3k.they run at about 75 new and 40 used. the crossfire tanks tend to be lighter than the PMI tanks and i would recommend it over a PMI tank but once again it is still preference and either tank is going to be about the same. i would advise you to buy used. tanks either work or they don't work. if it is new or used it will be the same.

Last edited by paintballer8807 : 09-04-2005 at 10:16 PM.
paintballer8807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 07:36 PM   #2
nole16k
New Nerve Owner

Send a message via AIM to nole16k
Sorry, but PMI makes some of the suckiest tanks around. The recharge time sucks on the HPA regulators and they always leak. Do some searches if you want some proof. There CO2 tanks also have various problems. Buy Crossfire if you want the best HPA tank. For CO2, just get a standard Catalina tank.

[ My Feedback - 2 ]
nole16k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 08:28 PM   #3
elmosferrari
Pain is fuel, burn it!

Ya, PMI doesnt make the best tanks what so ever. And not all HPA tanks perform the same. No way no how. A system X compared to a crossfire is no where near the same. Also, make sure if you want HPA on your piranha or other blowback to have a regulator(vert) instead of an x-chamber or gas thru grip unless you dont like have internals and a firing marker. Also, if you put a reg on the gun, chances are you shouldnt run it with CO2. Unless its a palmers.

Brian
elmosferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 09:15 PM   #4
paintballer8807
SP=NAZIS

all air is the same. the only difference is the tanks. one tank will not make ur marker perform better. same air.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:57 PM   #5
elmosferrari
Pain is fuel, burn it!

duhhhhhhhh... when did i say the air isnt better? although, HPA is better than CO2. They are both 'air' in a sense.. And a tank wont make your marker perform 'better' necessarily but it will make it perform more effectively. A tank that puts out a constand 500 psi is a lot 'better' than a tank thats psi output ranges from 450-600. Besides. A lower quality tank will also leak, blow disks, and have other complications more often than a nicer one. If you think about the recharge rate as well, a tank can definately make your marker run more efficiently.

Brian
Old 05-21-2005, 10:23 PM   #6
paintballer8807
SP=NAZIS

if u have a reg it is no problem. and it doesn't cost anymore money to pick what u want ur tank preset at. leeks can easily be fixed and crossfire tanks like i recommended do not leek. and when i was referring to all the same i ment that if u buy a 47/3k it will work perform the same as a 68/45 of the same brand. although 1 is 3 times more than the other. and brands are more of preference but besides size, weight, and air capacity all tanks are basically the same and will perform the same on any marker.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:44 AM   #7
elmosferrari
Pain is fuel, burn it!

Re: co2 or hpa?

Where/when did you recommend crossfire? I believe it was nole and myself who recommended crossfire while you stated..
Quote:
Originally posted by paintballer8807
remember the PMI tanks are the best.
If you have a reg on the gun it can still be a problem. The tanks with a low recharge rate can not support the regulator with efficient amounts of air at high rates of fire. A 47/3k wont perform as well as a 68/45 5k because 1) they are generally not made with the same quality. 2)Since they have lower psi, there is more likely to be a loss of power going to the regulator.
Tank companies make their tanks with different qualities which affects the performance of your marker because if you cant shoot 290-295 fps but instead flucuate 275-295, you're going to get less quality performance overall and you are more likely to miss your target.

Brian
Old 05-22-2005, 01:42 PM   #8
nole16k
New Nerve Owner

Ok, lets stop making stupid statements and think about it here for a minute. paintballer, different HPA tanks with different regulators will affect performance. If the recharge rate is better with one tank, then it will also allow the inline regulator to recharge better. A HPA tank's regulator does affect the pressure of the marker even when using an inline regulator. It's simple Physics and pressure laws. Also, Crossfire > PMI, by a huge score. Don't just say PMI is the best without backing it up. Please stop making ignorant statements and listen to us.

[ My Feedback - 2 ]
Old 09-04-2005, 10:22 PM   #9
paintballer8807
SP=NAZIS

there was lots of confusion. i recommended pmi tanks for c02 not hpa. i recommended crossfire tanks for hpa.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:24 AM   #10
nole16k
New Nerve Owner

Hmmmm...well let's look at the date before we post next time. It doesn't take that much common sense.

[ My Feedback - 2 ]
Old 09-05-2005, 08:44 AM   #11
paintballer8807
SP=NAZIS

i know. i was browsing threw the sticky and was board.