pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Off Topic

Old 06-01-2005, 07:59 PM   #1
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
I'm Going to Stop Smoking

Hey, today i made the decision to quite smoking. Boy, i'm looking forward to the next few weeks, if not days...

Anyways, i started smoking as an alternative to weed, 85% of my friends smoke weed on a regulard basis (even some who don't fit any weed oriented steriotypes). Well, as far as not smoking weed was concerned, smoking cigarrets worked... it just, obviously isn't worth it. So i'm quiting....

Any support anyone here has to give is much appriciated. Thanks.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Here are some comments made by satisfied questioners:
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"I care, Mike....(dramatic pause)....i care..."-Master_Chadwick
"lol wow mike u really are a G...hahhahhahhahhahhaha
what a pimp " -wanabe TOSA
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
toothpastedog, come to Canada right now.-MBPG
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
toothpastedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:05 PM   #2
blinkpk11
Wasted & Ready

Send a message via AIM to blinkpk11
Your mother obviously raised a quitter.
blinkpk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:05 PM   #3
Fat Lard
Bяnned

Man, I used to think you were smart

Have you seen Supersize Me?

The guy in it says how if you can get past the three day hump (not smoking for three days), it gets alot easier to quit. If you still can't quit, try to switch to something like glue or gasoline fumes
Old 06-01-2005, 08:06 PM   #4
monkeybacon00
Paraflamadiddle

Smoking kills, smoking weed just puts you in a state in which it is much more likely for you to be killed. Equally stupid.

Good for you.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:09 PM   #5
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
Quote:
Originally posted by Fat Lard

If you still can't quit, try to switch to something like glue or gasoline fumes
Definitely desiel. thanks guys.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 06-01-2005, 08:13 PM   #6
TehMarker
Jeux Sans Frontieres

Send a message via AIM to TehMarker Send a message via MSN to TehMarker
EDIT: Misread lol...thought he was making the switch from cigs to weed...my bad...both are bad for you, remember.
Good for you, Mike. Remember...resist temptation
^^^^still applies

Last edited by TehMarker : 06-01-2005 at 08:19 PM.
TehMarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:15 PM   #7
Pantelones
k

Send a message via AIM to Pantelones
Quote:
Originally posted by TehMarker
Alot of people here probably have never done weed...and to let you guys know exactly what its like...its not like it shows on the commercials. You turn retarded...like "Holy crap, theres a monkey in that tree dude!" "I don't know man...what does the monkey want?" I don't know man...I'm just gonna go inside" - referring to a story where a tree branch was shaking, and it was thought that a killer monkey was doing it. Under the substance, of course.
Not "Hey, I bet it'll be funny if I shoot myself"
Honestly...marijuana is better for you and those around you than tabacco and alchohol. I hate how people say they drink, but they dont smoke weed, cuz its "bad for you".

oh god.. Please try not to hijack this thread with this arguement again.

Kthxbye
Quote:
Originally posted by Legato777
keep it to urself ur big on a paintball forum arent but something like that would get u decked and u be lyin on the floor vrying and bleeding are u even a paintballer?
Pantelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:16 PM   #8
toothpastedog

Quote:
Originally posted by TehMarker

Yeh, that's the hard part

thanks.

Quote:
Originally posted by Pantelones

oh god.. Please try not to hijack this thread with this arguement again.

Kthxbye
well i guess i never saw the beginning of it, but he does have a point...

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 06-01-2005, 08:16 PM   #9
zaccwazhere

Send a message via AIM to zaccwazhere
My friend just started up. It really sucks. Good luck with it man.
zaccwazhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:16 PM   #10
Fat Lard
Bяnned

Quote:
Honestly...marijuana is better for you and those around you than tabacco and alchohol
Your mom doesn't like you anymore...ever again...
Old 06-01-2005, 08:16 PM   #11
V1nn`/
Epic [E-po-k] Member

Send a message via AIM to V1nn`/
I was a year on 4/20. Good luck getting off that crap.

Nicotine patch/gum
Old 06-01-2005, 08:20 PM   #12
toothpastedog

actually, there are two new drugs, not over the counter, that do wonders. or rather, they don't help to much with cravings, but they help keep you concentrated, which is why many tent to keep smoking, and help you focus on quiting. i have no idea how to spell their names, but one is something like amatriptaline, and i totally forget the other one. amatriptaline used to be used for stomach conditions, "retained poop," and depression, but now they have found a new use with regards to smokers for it.
my doc just prescribed some amatriptaline for me, so i get to be a test bunnie...

thanks.

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 06-01-2005, 08:20 PM   #13
Pan The Piper
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by toothpastedog
well i guess i never saw the beginning of it, but he does have a point...
I am now Pantalones puppet since he reached his ppd:

"It's just that every time theres a thread about weed, it turns into a debate on how good/bad it is for you"

Last edited by Pan The Piper : 06-01-2005 at 08:28 PM.
Pan The Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:22 PM   #14
SPPaintball
Smart Parts

Good choice TPG.

How's it going in the Impulse forum?

Quote:
Originally posted by Caleb98
I would have pimp smacked the kid with my pimp hand...it's too strong for any mortal to withstand...
Quote:
Originally posted by MaLfUnCtIoN
which one was the male in that? i'm having trouble grasping the concept. i figure vcr would prolly be the female but then again a tv is more loud and can be annoying so that could...
SPPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:24 PM   #15
toothpastedog

Quote:
Originally posted by SPPaintball
Good choice TPG.

How's it going in the Impulse forum?
i don't know GPPaintball

good, got like 21 stickies , but you know me, i like to stay locked in my dark closet otherwise known as the imp forum... now that MC's back, and ydna posts, at least we can spam things up good

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 06-01-2005, 08:26 PM   #16
Fat Lard
Bяnned

Well, if pot is supposed to make you dumb, yet you are three times as smart as me, you must have been like... a genious before pot
Old 06-01-2005, 08:30 PM   #17
TehMarker
Jeux Sans Frontieres

Send a message via AIM to TehMarker Send a message via MSN to TehMarker
Quote:
Well, if pot is supposed to make you dumb
resist....temptation...to...correct...your incorrect facts...

Again..goodluck with quitting. My brothers quitting...and he misses it. You just have to not give in...alot easier to say than do, i know
TehMarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:31 PM   #18
toothpastedog

what? me? no....

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 06-01-2005, 08:33 PM   #19
.:{}:.
AGGent

Send a message via AIM to .:{}:.
The first week or two is the hardest, good luck!

HK Streetball F/S/T
.:{}:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:33 PM   #20
toothpastedog

thanks

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting