pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > Impulse

Old 06-02-2005, 09:26 AM   #1
ase
"Paintball" is not a verb

Send a message via AIM to ase
Ball Detents

UPDATED 6/11/05

Ok I saw a question about ball detents a while back, and realized that I wasn't completely informed fully about them either, nor were some other people. So I did some research and here are the facts:

You should know that the purpose for ball detents are to keep a paintball from rolling out your barrel, or from going into the barrel, making room for another paintball to fit into the breech. This would result in a double feed, and possibly a broken ball.

If you buy non-vision detents, you will get 2 short detents.

If you buy vision detents, you will get one short and one long detents.

If you have a stock vision board, you NEED to have vision detents. The reason for this is because some plastic from the eye cover will be between the detent and the threading, making a non-vision detent unable to go in all the way, or enough to be effective. This all has to do with the eye cover. In other words, if you had a stock vision board, but a WAS eye cover, non-vision detents would work fine.

WAS board eye covers will work with vision or non-vision detents. This is because there is no plastic put between the detent and the threading, so if you have non-visions, they will go in all the way and be effective in stopping a ball from entering the barrel. If you have vision detents, the WAS board comes with shims to make space between the detent and the threading, so they will work also.

Also remember that if your eyes aren't reading paint, it could be your detents. If it lets a ball too far forward, the eye won't be able to see it. You will need new detents or proper detents.

i think that's about everything, if i missed anything someone please tell me. thanks to TPD for the info in a thread a while back.

Last edited by ase : 06-11-2005 at 01:35 PM.
ase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 11:16 AM   #2
Team Chokepoint
Exit Wounds @ pbn

Send a message via AIM to Team Chokepoint
Good info, sticky?

Hmm, I need to make a sticky-worthy post some time...

Rockin the Alien Interceptor: Because winning is more fun. Predator - Be the Hunter.

Alien forum - now available on pbr.

Trust +29 / -0
Team Chokepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 09:04 PM   #3
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
yeh, right on, nice thread. i think this is sticky matterial. i think we might have the most comprehensive sticky section on pbr...

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Here are some comments made by satisfied questioners:
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"I care, Mike....(dramatic pause)....i care..."-Master_Chadwick
"lol wow mike u really are a G...hahhahhahhahhahhaha
what a pimp " -wanabe TOSA
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
toothpastedog, come to Canada right now.-MBPG
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
toothpastedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 09:13 PM   #4
ase

haha awesome, that's definitely a good thing.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:20 PM   #5
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
i mean honestly, is there any other forum that might have a whole sticky totally devoted to ball detents?

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 06-02-2005, 09:24 PM   #6
ase

lol, i know, it's kind of pathetic, i just wanted a sticky and couldnt find anything that hasnt already been stuck except ball detents. w/e works. but honestly, i was confused a while back, and hopefully this will help someone out
Old 06-02-2005, 09:28 PM   #7
toothpastedog

no, trusts me, if it's in depth, and helf, sticky it. if it only helps 5 people in the next five years, that's five people who can save space on pbr's server by making threads...

again, nice work!

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
Old 06-02-2005, 09:56 PM   #8
ase

haha, thanks.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:22 PM   #9
CoolT