pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Worr Game Products

Old 07-01-2005, 12:08 PM   #1
Dark Master

Info and Specs on the Electronic 'Cocker Frames

If I forgot something and you feel it should be added, PM me. Don't post here.

Lately I’ve been noticing a lot of threads asking what “What frame is this?” and so on. Most deal with the Electronic frame. I’ve decided to make a thread showing all the Electronic frames that are/were available for the ‘Cocker. I’ll also be adding a little detail about them. Links to the reviews are between the info and pic.

Planet Eclipse E1
First came out in 2002. Revolutionized the way people used ‘Cockers. Backed behind a great company, many ‘Cocker owners bought one. It included a frame, solenoid with cover, and an eye. Capable of very high speeds, using custom settings, and great looks, this was the best frame out during that time period. Planet Eclipse discontinued these in late 2004.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/1371/

Planet Eclipse E2
Came out late 2004. A newer version of the E1, the E2 came with lots of extra features that the E1 didn’t have. Some of these features are TT filters, LCD screen, longer battery life, and ramping mode (version 1.10). Although the price was $450 when it came out, it has dropped nearly $100. Many people sold their original E1, and upgraded to an E2. Many people like the features, and the new trigger. Still made today.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/3160/

System X Xonic Frame

Basically the same as the eblade, but with a different trigger guard, grips, noid cover, and eye cover. It also had a little hole in the back, that if you stick something in, like an allen wrench, you could get to the timing menu, making it not tournament legal. Also had a bps cap of 16bps. The frame was discontinued in 2004.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/2290/

WGP Worrblade
Came out mid 2003 by WGP but made by Eclipse. It has the board, eye, and solenoid as the E1, but also had a couple different features like integrated rail on the bottom, bigger trigger guard, 2 finger trigger (bump in the middle), and a “W” on the solenoid cover instead of a “e”. It also came with an all derlin bolt with orings on them, to help prevent blowback. It also came with a hammer, that had nylon inserts on them to keep the lug from moving during high rate of fire. WGP discontinued these in early 05. The Worrblade 2 should be out within the next year or so.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/2225/

WGP Select Fire Frame

Recently came out in mid 2005, and an alternative, but not as good as the Worrblade. It now has a push button on the back with a LED light instead of a LED screen and 3 buttons. Doesn’t have the timing menus like the other Eblade/Worrblade. The early models only had Semi-Auto, but the new models come with ramping/full auto modes. It does seem that it uses the same eye/solenoid as the Eblade, but I’m not quite sure on that. Still made today, since it just came out.

*No reviews yet.*

Racegun Race Frame

Came out in late 2002, people have argued that it was better/worse than the eblade. Some features of it include blade trigger, spring return trigger, rechargeable battery, and break beam eyes. Although, the downfall on it is that it doesn’t have a LED/LCD screen, so the only way to change the settings would be via computer/palm pilot to change the settings. Still made today.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/933/

Continued below...

Last edited by Dark Master : 04-15-2006 at 08:23 PM.
Dark Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 12:09 PM   #2
Dark Master

Continued from above...

ANS Race Frame

Basically the same as the Race frame, the ANS Race frame came out in December 2002. The really only difference between that and the original race frame is the looks. It came with a blade trigger that was closer to the frame, and a different trigger guard. I believe it was discontinued in 2004.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/1740/

Centerflag Uprising

Came out in mid to late 2001. All it was is a frame. It used the same 3-way that is on the gun. Didn’t have an eye or anything. It was discontinued, but not quite sure on the date.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/912/

Sandridge

Came out in 2001, the sandridge was probably the first electronic Autococker that worked well and could be made in numbers that made it commercially viable. Despite this, they were (and still are) made on a one to one basis, order by order, rather than mass produced.

This very limited production allows for
much greater changes to occur. For one thing, the frame used is actually a converted Angel frame. It uses the LED style Angel frame. Many people think that this provides the finest feel of a micro-switch controlled trigger.

The sandridge, like the E-Blade, uses a reflective anti-chop eye, which sets timing. However, as well as this, it also employs sensors on the ram, that monitor how long it is taking the ram to extend and retract. If the ram takes more than 8 milliseconds to retract, the ram extends again. This is to help avoid chopping balls if the eye fails - if the bolt takes more than 8ms to close, chances are it is trying to close on a ball. If you ever need switch off the eye, there is a default setting that times the marker to allow 12 bps. Has been discontinued, but not quite sure on the date.

*No reviews on this*

PGI Firestorm Frame

Came out in late 2001, early 2002. It basically turns the Autococker into an Open Bolt Gun. It uses its own trigger frame, asa, solenoid, ram, 3way, hammer, bolt setup to achieve the Open Bolt style. Although it lacks in looks, it seems to be a good frame when it came out. It has been discontinued, but not quite sure on the date.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/1089/

PDF manual can be found here which shows more info about it: http://members.cox.net/pgipaintguns/Manual.pdf

PGI Osiris Frame

Not sure on the release date. The purpose of this, is, to remove all the lower internals. It makes fully pneumatic, since it doesn’t use a hammer, valve, etc. It’s kind of like an mQ valve. The frame is also like an ANS frame. It comes with a solenoid up front. According to the site, it doesn’t need an eye, since the LPR pressure is so low. Uses 2 LPRs. Still made today.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/3792/

PBX frame

Hasn’t been released yet. It comes stock on the PBX ‘Cocker. I don’t know if they are going to release it as just a frame. Uses timmy triggers and the frame looks kind of like an Eblade. Has its own solenoid too. It’s used in comparison with the mQ valve, which also comes with the PBX ‘Cocker. It also comes with its own board as well.

*No reviews on this, since it hasn't been released.*

I will like to thank the following people/sites for making this happen:

soontobecocker - for making and linking me to the Osiris Review.
Ryan314 - for making the Eblade vs Worrblade post.
Uziel Gal – Info/Pics on the Sandridge.
amzng_spyderman - Idea for links to the reviews of the frames and for putting it in the super Faq.
www.pbreview.com – Pics and info. Also a great Paintball site.
www.unofficialpbxsite.com Pics of the PBX ‘Cocker.
www.onlinesports.com – for pics of the ANS Race Frame
www.racegun.us - Pics and info on the Race frame.
www.armyoforr.com - For pics and info of the Worrblade/Select Fire Frame
www.planeteclipse.com - For pics/info on the E2.
www.pgipaintguns.com - For pics/info on the Firestorm and Osiris ‘Cocker.
..and any others I missed, I apologize.

Any other info I forgot, please PM me. I’ll change it and add your name to the list.

Difference between Select Fire, E2, and Raceframe:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal
The only advantage the Superstock's Worrframe has over the E2 is the inclusion of 3-shot burst and NXL full auto modes, whereas the E2 has three versions of ramping mode (to comply with different tournament rules), but no burst or full auto modes. So if modes matter to you, you might prefer the Worrframe (then again, if you want modes, you could get a Racegun frame.....). Other than changing the mode, and the ability to manually switch the eye on and off, there are no electronic adjustments available on the Worrframe.

If you want a frame that you can adjust to match your marker perfectly, as well as having a shot counter, rate of fire counter, game timer, LCD display, plus regular firmware upgrades, go with the E2. All told, it's a better frame, it just doesn't have the burst/full auto modes. Then again, with ramping, do you need the automatic modes. The E2 also has eye sensitivity adjustment, and is preprogrammed to allow for break beam eye use at a later date.

If you want a frame that is fully adjustable, *and* has a wide range of modes, have a look at the Race frame. However, unlike the E2, the Race has no screen, and all electronic adjustments other than the bolt open time have to be made with a PC or Palm. There is also no rate of fire counter.

Last edited by Dark Master : 04-15-2006 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:13 PM   #3
nick_klp

Awesome, awesome, awesome job. Hopefully this will help these constant eblade questions, major props to Dark Master on this one.
Eclipse Nexus Ram w/QEVs
WGP Tickler LPR
CP Reg
J&J Edge Kit w/14" Front
Dye Stickies
WGP Flame Trigger
Cam Adjuster
Kapp Actuating Rod
Ricochet 2K Hopper
Crossfire 68/45

-Hustler's Paintball-
nick_klp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 12:14 PM   #4
Dark Master

Thanks a bunch Nick.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:21 PM   #5
soontobecocker
I sense a spinoff....

Send a message via AIM to soontobecocker
ill write a review for the pgi osiris frame. i shot one recently at my proshop.
Because there isn't a road between the bedroom and the kitchen."
Temple University
soontobecocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:23 PM   #6
Dark Master

That would be great.

EDIT: PM me it, so the thread doesn't get cluttered.

Last edited by Dark Master : 07-01-2005 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:37 PM   #7
Dark Master

Added the picture Uziel. You can remove the pictures in your post. Also, anyone who would like to contribute, please PM me. Use the thread for questions and such.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:18 AM   #8
chris220
Rockin the cocker

very nice refrence guide, you may want to include that the race frames have the option to upgrade to a breakbeam eye system, unlike the Eclipse frames.

Current Setup:
2004 System X Evoloution type X Cocker
Chrome E2
Rex Dialer Kit
Besales .44 ram w/ QEVs
Dart Bolt
88/4500 Crossfire
Empire ReLoader B
chris220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 07:32 AM   #9
John Sullivan
3rd coast wangsta

Send a message via AIM to John Sullivan Send a message via Yahoo to John Sullivan
Thumbs up

i vote sticky.im eventually gonna get a cocker and this will help me a lot.good job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..!..('_')..!.. View Post
I think We should all punch Sullivan in the Face until he has no teeth Left...
John Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 07:57 AM   #10
panikpaintball
seige pb rules pm if u go

Question

Would u know when the new electro frame comes out for the trilogy series? Unless u alreadt went over it just remind me.
panikpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 08:19 AM   #11
Uziel Gal
Legend

Chris220 - Break Beam eyes for the Racegun aren't really an option as such. The Racegun frame *only* works with break beam eyes, it has no ability to function with a reflective eye, so the only option was whether you fitted the eyes or not.

It was Planet's intention to offer a genuine choice - the ZeroB board and E2 are supplied with a reflective eye, but are pre-programmed to allow the use of a break beam eye. However, Planet have never got around to releasing the BB eye kit.

JS - It's already a Sticky. Click on the Super Duper FAQ.

Panik - The WGP Select Fire Frame (also known as the Worrframe) is intended to fit the Trilogy series markers. You just need to add a solenoid mounting bracket: -

The other item in the picture is an LPR thread adapter, so that you can fit any standard Autococker LPR to the Trilogy.

In fact, once you have the solenoid bracket, you can fit the E1, E2, Worrblade or Xonic frame to the Trilogy as well.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 10:26 AM   #12
panikpaintball

ok cool could i get that at WGP website and does it come with the mount

wait last thing is this it http://store.paintballace.com/wgpwobl2sefi1.html

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 07-03-2005 at 06:26 AM.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:50 AM   #13
Dark Master

Yes, that's the frame. You just have to get the part Uziel posted. It can be found here:

http://www.planeteclipse.tv/site/pro...sp?prodID=2208
Old 07-02-2005, 11:15 AM   #14
vlrules
:dodgyballer:

Are there any frames compatible with Antisyphined CO2?
Jungle Fighter
vlrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 11:16 AM   #15
Dark Master

Not that I know of.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:28 AM   #16
SouthTXpball
Hard Step, No Fate

Send a message via AIM to SouthTXpball Send a message via Yahoo to SouthTXpball

now someone should do mech frames
SouthTXpball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 01:58 PM   #17
panikpaintball

Talking

Swwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttt t

does the e2 have pds with it

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 07-03-2005 at 06:29 AM.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:21 PM   #18
Dark Master

It's not "PDS". Those are for ICD type guns.

The E2 comes with its own eye.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:56 PM   #19
frontsniper

PDS is rather similar to the E-blade's Reflective eye though. Same as the Vision eyes on the Impulse/shocker platform.

They all uses a sensor that when the ball crosses all of the light that is beamed, the paintball will be ready to fire.
Smoke Halo B w/ Zenitram Delrin Drive cone
68/4500 Java Fiberwrapped tank

Quote:
Originally posted by Uziel Gal
Sadly, Frontsniper is spot on
frontsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 07:56 PM   #20
Dark Master

Also called Break Beam eyes.