pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Hoppers

Old 06-24-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
Paintball nube

Question about the VL select force view loader

hey there, im BRAND NEW to using loaders and electronic markers. Today i picked up an Inspire BFG AR MP, and the guy told me to buy the select force loader since my price range was around 100 dollars. I was just curious. Are most loaders somewhat noisy?. its not TO LOUD, but the one thing that annoys me the most, is when no balls are being shot, and the loader is kinda waiting for a shot to be fired. it makes a weird noise like its jammed, and the power light flashes green. I was expecting it to only make noise as im shooting and the loader is spinning.

So i guess my question is. Do most loaders make a noise while waiting to feed balls?
Paintball nube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

Send a message via AIM to AmbushOrigin
depends on the loader. Constant feed loaders like select force,torque and few others make noise bc the motors still spinning but the feed system isnt moving bc the paints not being shot. Hoppers with eyes or sensors and spring tension dont make as much if any noise while in idle.
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
AmbushOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
Coenen
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Coenen Send a message via Yahoo to Coenen
The VL Force tries to spin all the time, which is big time annoying and loud. The Select Force probably works like a VLocity, using the motor to keep constant tension on the ball stack. It's the sort of thing that is an annoyance, but not necessarily a big deal.

Was your entire budget $100, or just $100 for the loader? If it was $100 for just the loader there are several much better options that you could pursue such as the Halo-B or Invert Too.
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
2nwyka
Special Forces Paintball

I use the Revvy X on my Cocker, which has eyes, and it only cost me about $35. It doesn't make any noise while it waits, because the board controls the motor with a signal from the eyes. A contant-agitation loader like the ones made be Extreme Rage, Viewloader, and Tippmann, spin all the time, which is the noise you hear. This helps with keeping the ammo free from feeding hangups and aligns the balls with the feed neck. These make the most noise, while loaders with eyes will only feed when they sense a feed rate faster than a certain value, which they then use to turn an agitator inside the hopper. As Coenen said, if your budget is $100 for a loader, you can do much better.

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...

My join date doesn't show it, but I've been 'ballin' awhile...
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote