pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Dragun / Odyssey

Old 11-22-2002, 01:29 PM   #21
hurleypunker_84

o-rings

What are some good o-rings/spare parts kit to get to replace the stock o-rings of the sniper? Can you use o-rings that go on your co2 tank on the inside of the gun?
hurleypunker_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 04:39 PM   #22
pbkiller69
Purple Haze

Tank o-rings will probly fit some of the internal pieces, but the only way to get everything you need is to buy a parts kit. M3 should sell these, but if the don't I think a spyder parts kit will work. Also, I don't think you need to "upgrade" your o-rings unless they are broke. Just use plenty of oil everytime you play, and the stock o-rings will last awhile.
Old 11-23-2002, 11:15 AM   #23
HeadShot

oh man that's one thing I love about the bd... and I lose that with a new bolt? that sucks...
HeadShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 04:09 PM   #24
aballama
fear me mortal

Send a message via Yahoo to aballama
you said to put up some things about upgrades we've done, i put a rocket valve on my BD, and it is amazing how low of pressure it can take it. my pmi reg goes down to 200 psi and the gun still recocks with it all the way down, and shoots 300 fps not very much higher up, definitely under 300psi by a ways. but you need to make a number of modifications to get it to work, you need a delrin bolt to get really low, cause the aluminum one is so heavy it makes it a lot harder to recock, you can buy the one from check-it on paintballgateway.com and keep the flush cocking. you need to mill out the inside of the 90 degree piece where the foregrip screws on, cause the end of the rocket valve won't fit in it otherwise, and it makes more flow, and one problem i still haven't fixed is blowback. the rocket valve has a very long stem on it, so it ends up starting to shoot with the bolt not quite closed yet. to fix this i am shortening the striker some so it closes better, i will get back to here on whether it works or not. it may be a lot of work, but if it works this will be one bad BD.
aballama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 04:39 AM   #25
skidmark414
Don't ask about it. Utah.

Send a message via AIM to skidmark414
Yeah, you can retain flush cocking if you get the CiP full force bolt thats made for Black Draguns.
Black 12v Revy w/ X-Board
Soon To Come:
12" J&J Ceramic
CiP Stick Trigger
Psycho Ballistics D/F
WGP Stock Autococker reg

Quote:
Originally posted by frozen
LOL! Yhea plus the gun has a stock on the back. Great if your in need for a 200$ crutch.
By 2005 my cat will have completely gnawed my leg off.

ARF Member #8
skidmark414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 06:46 AM   #26
aballama
fear me mortal

it didn't work, any body wanna buy a rocket valve? or trade for a turbo valve? and i need a new striker too.
Old 11-25-2002, 10:45 AM   #27
pbkiller69
Purple Haze

Low Pressure FAQ

The benefits of Low Pressure (LP) are a hotly debated subject. However, there are a few benefits that I, and most other people believe to be true. First, if the marker is setup right while “going LP”, the efficiency (shots per fill) can double. This is a proven fact. Next, less kick, blowback, or whatever you want to call it. This is because the bolt takes less pressure to push it back into position, so instead of 800psi kicking the bolt back and knocking the gun around, you will have a much gentler 300-400psi. Some people think that LP increases accuracy. LP does not directly affect accuracy, but since the gun kicks less, you will most likely have steadier shots. Next, fewer ball chops. I do not believe this to be true, since the operating pressure (bolt) is what is greatly lowered when going LP. The pressure that hits the ball (usually around 80psi) doesn’t change too much between different markers. Below are the upgrades/mods you will need to get to “go LP”. The key to LP is high flowing pieces that don't restrict airflow. You should not try to go as low as your gun operates, because this will actually be detrimental to performance. The best way to use Low Pressure is to operate at your guns “sweet spot”, which I will explain later. As for the specific upgrades, see my first post unless I say otherwise. The upgrades below are not in order, but if I was to organize them it would be like this. Barrel, Regulator, Bolt, Valve, Springs, VA, polished internals, LPC.

Regulator- The regulator is a must for going LP, because this is what allows you to turn down the pressure coming from the tank. Make sure that the regulator that you get is able to handle the pressure your gun is running at. Usually, springs or washers in the regulator restrict it to a certain range of operating pressures. Some good high flowing regulators are the Smart Parts Max-Flow, AKA Sidewinder, Gladiator, Messiah, Palmers Stabilizer, and Bob Long Torpedo.

Barrel- The key to a good LP barrel is as little porting as possible. While this is not necessary for going LP, it will give you greater efficiency and allow you to lower you pressure quite a bit. Some good barrels are the Lapco barrels, J&J ceramic, and the new AKA barrel (not sure of the name).

Bolt- A good high-flowing bolt is another must for LP.

Valve- This will allow you to lower your pressure and gain efficiency more than any upgrade. Any high-flowing or Turbo Valve is great, AKA is
the best.

Spring Kit- Allows you to tweak your spring tension to maximize performance. The common setup is a heavy main spring with a light valve spring. You will have to play around to see whats the best setup in your gun.

Polishing Internals- Not a huge difference, but for people who want everything their gun can give, its good. Use steal wool and buff the body tubes and striker and bolt(if not derlin). Make sure you clean everything real well after that. Use aluminium polish or oil to polish all internal medal surfaces.

Vertical Adapter and LPC- a drilled vertical adapter or a high flowing after market VA will greatly increase the flow of air into your gun. An LPC won’t do much besides look cool.

Sweet-Spotting- This will allow you to achive optimum performance out of your Black Dragun. There are a few ways to do it, but this is the way that I understand. First, turn the velocity ajuster in about 2/3 of the way and lock it. Next, turn your regulator all the way down, then slowly turn it up until your gun is chronoing at 280fps. Lock the reg at that pressure and use the velocity knob for all fine ajustments after that. Sweet Spotting should be done after every upgrade that involves operating pressure.

I wish you the best of luck on your guns. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you check out the link below about Low Pressure, because I am by no means an LP expert.

ottercustoms

Last edited by pbkiller69 : 12-01-2002 at 11:29 AM.
pbkiller69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 01:30 PM   #28
Jhetfieldmetal3

Send a message via AIM to Jhetfieldmetal3 Send a message via Yahoo to Jhetfieldmetal3
M3 Dragun basic

i just bought the M3 Dragun Basic with Crossfire 68ci 3000 psi tank, 12 v revvy smoked hopper, and a cp one peice barrel. thats my setup even though i havent gotten the gun yet, just wanted to know if this gun will make some noise because i looked in the reviews and some people say it is pretty loud. any1 know if this is true or not?
Old 11-26-2002, 01:51 PM   #29
pbkiller69
Purple Haze

It won't be as queit as none blowback markers, but it's not that loud.
Old 11-27-2002, 02:06 PM   #30
aballama
fear me mortal

they are kinda loud, but the CP will quiet it down some, an you can set up a turbo valve for like $20 cause it already has a stock reg, so that'll lower the operating pressure alot and make it alot quieter.
Old 12-01-2002, 03:54 PM   #31
Mack Daddy420
My 1990 Nissan 300zx TT

Send a message via AIM to Mack Daddy420
Re: Black Dragon Upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by pbkiller69
Drop Forwards- These will allow you to reposition your air tank, and make your marker shorter. They vary in sizes up to seven inches forward. It is all personal preference. A big drop is the Psych-Ballistics drop, a smaller one is the System-X drop.
Eight inches actually
Mack Daddy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 10:43 PM   #32
kusarigama

I figure to post this question on an existing thread rather than anger people and start a new one. It's about the drop forward pictured here: http://store6.yimg.com/I/xtremepaintball_1714_19015715
When I first saw the drop, it was listed as a Psycho Ballistics drop forward. Afterwards, I go and check out other store websites to look for lower prices, and some of these other sites have listed it as a 32 Degrees drop forward, a Dead-On Paintball drop forward,etc. I just need confirmation that the drop pictured is really a Psycho Ballistics drop. Just so I don't get mixed up.

Oh and something off topic, could anyone clear up the difference between regular mounting and dovetail mounting?
kusarigama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 12:41 PM   #33
CaustikSpecies
Team Last Man Standing

Send a message via AIM to CaustikSpecies
mmm

to answer your question technically I would call it phyco ballistics and so would other people but all it is a a

UNIVERSAL drop forward

works just like the phyco ballistics an 8 inch drop forward tha can fit every type of gun, does this answer your Q?

-M3 Patriot Series Stars and Stripes (blue)
-ACI Graffiti Series Flag Barrel 12.5"
-Odyssey Halo Belt Driven Loader (black)
-n2 nitro duck 48ci 3000psi & 16oz co2 w/anti-siphon.

UpGrades
-Bolt: Derelin Full Force Bolt [ICE PICK].... or AKA Lightning Bolt
-Springs: Check it Velocty Spring kit
-Regulator: Vigilante
LP Valve: AKALMP Tornado Valve
CaustikSpecies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 05:13 PM   #34
HeadShot

what is it about the CiP Full Force Delrin bolt that makes it retain flush cocking?
Old 12-02-2002, 05:39 PM   #35
Mack Daddy420
My 1990 Nissan 300zx TT

Send a message via AIM to Mack Daddy420
The PB drop is 7 inches
The NW drop is 8 inches
Mack Daddy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 05:43 PM   #36
kaibutsu
Yabai!!

The full force is a half size bolt like the stock bolt and it is tapped to accept the stock 4mm x 40mm x .7 pitch snapback retaining screw.
Firestorm Cocker
kaibutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 08:20 PM   #37
wulf1010
LoonWulf

Send a message via Yahoo to wulf1010
Talking

Hey i was going to start a new thread for this and then decide it would be stupid LOL.

I just got a blackdragun bolt from spudnkl (i hope i spelled it right but i doubt it ..), Its awsome ive got my marker set to lp and it has an excelent flow and fit...its better then the white wolf bolt i was previously using...just though id let you know that this an awsome alternative 2 the full force...oh and the realy cool thing is that it comes with its own connecting rod so no need to mess with that stupid retainin screw in your stock bolt

and i forgot to mention that its VERY reasonably priced ...25 bucks or so if U look around
My PBN feedback
wulf1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 03:22 AM   #38
HeadShot

so wait, is there any way to make a AKA Lightning Bolt retain the flush cocking? even if I have to pay like ten bucks to get it drilled or tapped or something........
Old 12-03-2002, 06:37 AM   #39
Jhetfieldmetal3

Send a message via AIM to Jhetfieldmetal3 Send a message via Yahoo to Jhetfieldmetal3
Reg??

do u need a reg for the Black dragun Basic?? and if you do what is the best one for it?? also would an on/off switch help me out??
Old 12-03-2002, 11:02 AM   #40
CaustikSpecies
Team Last Man Standing

Send a message via AIM to CaustikSpecies
Re: Reg??

Quote:
Originally posted by Jhetfieldmetal3
do u need a reg for the Black dragun Basic?? and if you do what is the best one for it?? also would an on/off switch help me out??
not neccesarily, if you find you ened to adjust your pressure output of the tank then yes, i coulda swore the basica came with one tho? i know its not consistent but it all depends on your use for it. If your looking for a good regulator for c02 rather pricey, the plamer and just look in the upgrade thread for other kinds. an on nd off switch is just for convenience you wouldnt need 1. but yes it would help i presume

-M3 Patriot Series Stars and Stripes (blue)
-ACI Graffiti Series Flag Barrel 12.5"
-Odyssey Halo Belt Driven Loader (black)
-n2 nitro duck 48ci 3000psi & 16oz co2 w/anti-siphon.

UpGrades
-Bolt: Derelin Full Force Bolt [ICE PICK].... or AKA Lightning Bolt
-Springs: Check it Velocty Spring kit
-Regulator: Vigilante
LP Valve: AKALMP Tornado Valve
CaustikSpecies is offline   Reply With Quote