pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Dragun / Odyssey

Old 12-03-2002, 12:58 PM   #41
pbkiller69
Purple Haze

The on-off is nice because you can turn the tank and shoot all the air out of the gun, that way when you unscrew the tank no co2 sprays out, and o-rings are saved.

Headshot- I don't believe that you could retro fit a AKA bolt for flush cocking, but even if you could it would cost alot. I think the loss of flush cocking with the AKA bolt is well made up for in performance though.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:00 PM   #42
aballama
fear me mortal

Send a message via Yahoo to aballama
lightning bolt

yes headshot, you could get a lightning bolt, or any bolt to do flush cocking, you would simply use a metal lathe to shorten it down to size (i wouldn't recommend sawing cause it isn't accurate at all) then drill and tap a hole in it to accept the rod on the flush cocking system, you could get basically anyone with basic metalworking knowledge to do it if you gave them the stock bolt to go off of as a model.

best do it with one that starts out rear cocking though, i dont know why it would but i just think it would work better that way

Last edited by aballama : 12-03-2002 at 04:05 PM.
aballama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 04:51 PM   #43
pbkiller69
Purple Haze

Hey abalama, don't you think that it would leave the bolt surface really rough? The super smoothness is one of the great factors about the AKA bolt. Unless you had super fine sandpaper or a micro-honing machine. I don't know, this seems pretty risky to try on a $50 bolt. Maybe try it out on somebodys old spyder bolt before you do it to the lightning.

Good luck whatever you try, and report back to us with results.
Old 12-03-2002, 06:05 PM   #44
aballama
fear me mortal

Send a message via Yahoo to aballama
lightning bolt

the only part on the bolt being lathed down is the end, just like sawing it off, but cleaner, the surface that rubs on the outside walls of the gun is left alone. you only cut down the end of the bolt, not the diameter, sorry if i didn't quite make that clear enough. it only shortens the bolt and then you drill and tap the end so that it is the same as the dragun bolt, hence fitting the same as the dragun bolt. it will actually lower the operating pressure a little more than if you just put it in without the flush cocking cause the bolt is shorter and therefore weighs less. that would maybe only lower a whopping 2 or 3 psi vrs it normal, but that just goes to say that it won't hurt performance. it would make it just like a dragun bolt therefore fitting in the dragun, but keeps the slick sides and the low pressure face and stuff that makes the lightning bolt an awesome bolt, only the way it cocks is changed.
aballama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 11:21 AM   #45
tk005x

I have $60-70 to spend what should i get? I have a basic with a electro and a new barrell for it but not sure what to get next....thought about getting the lcd add on for the basic or should i get something else? i also use co2
tk005x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 11:32 AM   #46
CaustikSpecies
Team Last Man Standing

Send a message via AIM to CaustikSpecies
the lcd is just for modes, dont worry about that.....i think that you should get a regulator a palmer would work nicely with your co2, and for nitro and other stuff other more expensive regulators like the ans,aka,bob long torpedo would do good, regulators are a good next ugrade but so is compressed air save up for a tank of 1 if you can fill nitro in your area, with the money you have you could get nice small crossfire 1

-M3 Patriot Series Stars and Stripes (blue)
-ACI Graffiti Series Flag Barrel 12.5"
-Odyssey Halo Belt Driven Loader (black)
-n2 nitro duck 48ci 3000psi & 16oz co2 w/anti-siphon.

UpGrades
-Bolt: Derelin Full Force Bolt [ICE PICK].... or AKA Lightning Bolt
-Springs: Check it Velocty Spring kit
-Regulator: Vigilante
LP Valve: AKALMP Tornado Valve
CaustikSpecies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 11:50 AM   #47
tk005x

Well all i have is $60-70 to spend on my gun...palmer is too expensive.....

http://www.paintballgateway.com/spyd15degasb.html

Would this be good for co2? has anyone tried it out for co2? I also have a 6 stage ACI x-chamber... think i can fit it in, incase it wouldnt fit with orginial va....also if it did fit would it get messed up going the 2 regalators? (VA and the Stock Bottomline)?
Old 12-04-2002, 11:56 AM   #48
CaustikSpecies
Team Last Man Standing

Send a message via AIM to CaustikSpecies
that 15 degree block doesnt affect co2 or ne thing at all. its just a more 'comforatable' feel. dont get expansion chambers if your really afaid of freezing up that bad, get nitro and make sure you can fill it if not still dont get the expansion chamber and just dont rapid fire 2 consistently befre your gun dies, freezes and keels over, about the 2 regulators, no it would not mess up your gun a guy i know has a basic yea i know the regulator sux but its bottom line, and he got a bob long torpedo and it wrks fine, id say mayb even better than 1 regulators

caustik

out

-M3 Patriot Series Stars and Stripes (blue)
-ACI Graffiti Series Flag Barrel 12.5"
-Odyssey Halo Belt Driven Loader (black)
-n2 nitro duck 48ci 3000psi & 16oz co2 w/anti-siphon.

UpGrades
-Bolt: Derelin Full Force Bolt [ICE PICK].... or AKA Lightning Bolt
-Springs: Check it Velocty Spring kit
-Regulator: Vigilante
LP Valve: AKALMP Tornado Valve
CaustikSpecies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 12:05 PM   #49
tk005x

I would go for nitro but i only have $60....Does the bob long go in fine without getting a new bottomline/dropfoward? cause think i will get that then cause i cant spend any more than $60....
Old 12-04-2002, 12:35 PM   #50
Synchronium
Uber Noober

Send a message via AIM to Synchronium
yes it will be fine but you will need to buy a macroline adapter
Synchronium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 12:44 PM   #51
tk005x

Where do i get one of those? and do u think i should get chrome or black?and what the cheapest place to buy them?
Old 12-04-2002, 12:54 PM   #52
tk005x

I looked around trying to find some cheaper ones but found one around the same price....Vigilante is it good as the bob long torpedo thing? Also will a new a new dropfoward for the vigilante cause if i do i wont buy it....
Old 12-04-2002, 01:13 PM   #53
Synchronium
Uber Noober

if u use the vigilante on co2 it will screw it up
Old 12-04-2002, 01:25 PM   #54
tk005x

hmm ok thanks....do u know any cheaper places to buy the bob long besides county paintball? and is there any differnce between chrome/black? then black would still look cool on a blue basic?
Old 12-04-2002, 01:28 PM   #55
Synchronium
Uber Noober

it is 57 at paintball gateway. and chrome would look cooler but it is easier for an enemy to spot you if you have chrome on your gun ( especially when you play woodsball)
Old 12-04-2002, 04:55 PM   #56
skidmark414
Don't ask about it. Utah.

Send a message via AIM to skidmark414
The LCD upgrade isn't just modes. It lets you fire 20 bps versus 10 bps on the stock board.
Black 12v Revy w/ X-Board
Soon To Come:
12" J&J Ceramic
CiP Stick Trigger
Psycho Ballistics D/F
WGP Stock Autococker reg

Quote:
Originally posted by frozen
LOL! Yhea plus the gun has a stock on the back. Great if your in need for a 200$ crutch.
By 2005 my cat will have completely gnawed my leg off.

ARF Member #8
skidmark414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 05:03 PM   #57
pbkiller69
Purple Haze

I would seriously recommend you save up for nitro or a stabilizer. The performance increase is definately worth waiting until after christmas.
Old 12-04-2002, 06:18 PM   #58
HeadShot

Yah man, save up an extra 15 bucks and get nitro, because nitro + stock reg will be more consistant than c02 + bob long torpedo, especially if you live somewhere either really cold or really hot... get a crossfire 47ci/3000psi preset to 800psi, it's about 70+shipping. Then when you get another upgrade, then you can get a better reg than the stock one, and it will be super consistant.
HeadShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 07:10 PM   #59
tk005x

Well, ill think ill just buy a new regulator cause i have like 4 co2 tanks and theyll all go to waist... and i have to go pretty far to get to a place with nitro or hp... cause the local place only has co2... do i need any other parts or can i just put the regulator in without buying anything else?
Old 12-05-2002, 04:31 AM   #60
pbkiller69
Purple Haze

If your sticking with co2 then get the Stabilizer. Nothing will match its performance on co2. (maybe the max-flo, but thats like $110)

And you will need a macroline kit to hook up the regulator to the asa.