pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > General Paintball Talk

Old 03-08-2003, 06:24 AM   #21
Rugrat

For my own selfish reasons I raise this thread back form the dead.
Rugrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 09:41 AM   #22
berk1834

xpaintball.com
1) My friend ordered an E-99 from them, when he got the package he recieved a 2-in-1.
2)He didnt know what to do so, he took out the gun and tried putting in the tank. The ASA was mishaped or something because the tank would not go in.
3) His mom called xpaintball to tell them about this problem, but when my friend tried putting in the co2, he tried to use a wrench to put it in so he stripped some things. xpaintball wouldnt take the gun back but paid the price differential between the 2-in-1 and the e-99. I donno if he got a free bottomline
4) Great prices on paint. If your like me and there isnt much quality paint around, they have it for cheap IMO.

overall:6

paintballgateway

1)I ordered a package from these guys. The shipping was $20. Everything was packaged nicely, but it took awhile for it to get to me.
2) They had the best prices for that package at the time. Right now it seems that they havent updated thier prices on some things.
3) Good site, not a whole lot of selection but pretty good.

overall: 8

paintballarmory.com

1) I ordered my barrel from these guys (stupid me). I should have looked around more because thier prices are kinda high.
2) If you are into that phase of being a "sniper" than they have alot of things for you. They have bipods and stocks and even a "custom sypder sniper". They have some things that some sites dont have.

overall: umm...7.5?

by the way...THIS WOULD BE A REALLY GOOD STICKY!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Derekz13
i eat paintballs, or put them in my mouth and chew and see how long i can keep it in there
berk1834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 01:00 PM   #23
ShortRanger
None shall pass...

Send a message via AIM to ShortRanger
anyone know a sight where i can buy an Assault 80? (made by War Machine)
ShortRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 02:15 PM   #24
Paintsmoke
OW....you b@stard...

Send a message via AIM to Paintsmoke
Sweet thread, great ideas. I Believe you all just saved me $230 or so. Ty a LOT!!!
CP Flame DF
CP on/off asa
68/4500 CenterFlag tank
Ricochet AK Hopper
Steel Braided Line
Quote:
Originally posted by Ebonclaw
Hi...my name's Ebon...and I've been selling my body for 6 years now......
oh....wait...wrong...wrong support group....
Quote:
Originally posted by Ebonclaw
Geez...I've worn bras that were more supportive than you guys....
Paintsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 06:00 PM   #25
E r y k
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Send a message via AIM to E r y k
Countypaintball.com

1) Tell about the site itself - web site, ease of getting through the site, payment types allowed, ect.

web site, not as appealing as the other big companies, but you can get around pretty well.

2) prices of equipment : expensive, cheap, fair, ect.

pretty good prices

3) what you bought and what you got

ordered sight rail, screws were too short, wouldnt fit in gun. I emailed mike, and he immediately shipped out longer
screws.

4) shipping. Did it get to when they said it would?

got it the exact date it said, it provided me with a traking number etc..

5) customer service

Amazing customer service. Thats all i can say.

6) personal comments (keep them clean!)

Mikes a cool guy.

7) would buy there again? Why?

Yea i would buy there again.

8) score 1 (worst) - 10 (best)

I give it a 8.5. Why? well the shipping costs isnt too appealing and if you buy over $100 you dont get free shipping.... some prices are higher... but guess what? customer service beats it all out!

eryk

reviews.
AIM: p b e r y k
Pbreview Feedback
PbNation Feedback
E r y k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 09:30 AM   #26
berk1834

Quote:
Originally posted by Rugrat
For my own selfish reasons I raise this thread back form the dead.
...diddo, they should make this a sticky
Quote:
Originally posted by Derekz13
i eat paintballs, or put them in my mouth and chew and see how long i can keep it in there
berk1834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 01:58 PM   #27
Oxide

Send a message via AIM to Oxide
.....BUMP

this thread is one of most useful threads ever.... so i am bumping it....someone better make it sticky
Old 05-23-2003, 03:55 PM   #28
evilhomer

Send a message via AIM to evilhomer
Great job Jaster....

About www.xpaintball.com

Everybody has said that they've had a bad experience with them, but don't let that discourage you from ordering from them. I personally have ordered 2 paintball packages from them. Both have come on time, and with no problems whatsoever. I have also bought miscellaneous accessories from them, and they also have come on time. They're prices aren't bad at all, and they also carry many products that you wouldn't be able to find anywhere else.

Overall rating: 9.5 GREAT SITE!
Old 05-23-2003, 08:02 PM   #29
shibby
s.hibb.y.//

Send a message via AIM to shibby Send a message via Yahoo to shibby
Hey mods... can you say "STICKY"?! Repeat after me... "Sticky!"
Old 05-24-2003, 04:49 AM   #30
KyGambler

I noticed that shop4paintball got a 6 and paintballondemand got an 8. However if you look at both sites they have the same 800 number to order from.
KyGambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 05:25 AM   #31
s0m37h1n9
For Serious.

Send a message via AIM to s0m37h1n9
Actionvillage.com (pbgear.com and paintballgear.com)

Layout- The website is very easy to browse around and find what you need. There are pictures for 99% of the things they have.

Prices- Some of the lowest prices on the net, but not always. Price updates and price matching take forever.

Purchases- I bought 2 markers, N2 Tank, Paintballs and some misc. items.

Shipping- Free over $100 is always nice, and when the item is in stock, it ships VERY fast.

Customer Service- Almost non-existant.

Personal Comments- As long as I can be sure 100% that the item is in stock, I'll buy and have good results. But, it's a pain in the butt when I order $100 to get free shipping and one thing is out of stock (even though the page said it was ready to ship) and I have to pay shipping on the original order and the backorder

Would you buy there again- Yes, I've only had one negative outcome.

Score: 8.5-9: Only because customer service is almost non-existant, and you can't be 100% sure whether or not something is in stock. Because backorders are a pain!
s0m37h1n9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 05:39 PM   #32
Jaster
The one and only

It's ALIVE!! Thanks guys.
--------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by GranDreamUse the search, Luke.
Originally posted by Lopez17It's really quite amusing to see the difference between talent and ego
Originally posted by teufelhunden You'd think stickies are there to make the forum pretty...
Originally posted by Killer Kat: Don't feed the Jaster from your hand! He bites!!
Originally posted by cocker kid 2k2 :Shut your trap while the big boys are talking.
Originally posted by Homer:Jaster is the Master.
Originally posted by iplaynaked:This....is the Jaster. All I'm going to say to you about him is....don't make him angry.

--------------------------------------------------
Red to Black Texas Storm, WAS2.8 Board, WAS Switch, KAPP Thumper Ram, BL Delrin Poppet, Violent Products Delrin Piston, CP Rail, Modified Stock Bolt, CP Adj. Ram Cap, Empire on/off, AKA Sidewinder reg, Clamping Low Rise, Flame Eye Covers, ScytheII Trigger.
Red/Yellow Fade LP Classic Timmy, Bob Long Torpedo Reg., Claw Trigger, CP Adj. Ram Cap, Modified Delrin Bolt, CP Flame Drop Forward, Empire On/Off, WAS 2.8 Equalizer bd., WAS Eye, WAS Switch, Twisted Low Rise, Custom Red Oak Grips
Pure Energy 45/45 and 68/45 12" STIFFI Barrel, 14" CP 2 Piece, Red Halo B

WANTED: Ripper Timmy body. PM me if you have one you want to sell or trade.
Jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 06:02 PM   #33
Mr. Kitty
Village Dweller

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Kitty
www.BlazePaintball.com

Layout-Web site is nice, navigation can be sort of confusing.

Prices-Prices are THE lowest on the web. Check it out because it's true.

Purchases-I purchased 2 orders form thos website. The first one was an N2 tank, a Dye jeresey, a drop forward, a tank cover, and a nipple cap. Everything arrived pretty quick and was in perfect condidtion. My second order was an Egg 2. This did not go so well. I ordered it and about 5 days later my order wasn't there anymore. I messaged them but they never got back to me. I then ordered it from ActionVillage.com (highly recommended) and got it promtly and without problem. AFTER I had recieved the egg 2, BlazePaintball.com emails me and says they were getting the Y board, you can buy it now but use PayPal. This was like 3 weeks after I had placed the order. Also my bro ordered an air tank and his order enver went hrough for osme reason.

Shipping- Great prices, Next Day Air is minus $1?

Customer Service- Like I said before, this doesn't really exist.

Personal Comments- IF you're willing to risk it, this is a great site with great prices. But be careful, this site does not want to make things easy for you.

Would I buy there again?-No.

Rating- 4
Old 05-24-2003, 06:47 PM   #34
tonysk83
TURAMBAR IS A BABY WAHHHH

Send a message via AIM to tonysk83
www.paintballgateway.com

1. This site is a miny pbgear, they have awesome prices and some products you can't find anywhere, and the site is a very clean apperence and easy to navigate.

2. Very very very good prices, they also always have tons of things on sale and closeouts which are right on the front page of their site.

3. I bought a BD basic, lapco barrel, and crossfire nitro tank once, another time I bought all new cocker pnues, hinge, and stickys. The only problem was the BD had a bad board and solenoid.

4. Shipping was very very good. It takes 4 or 5 days from there shop is So cal to Chicago, always arrived on time.

5. Ehhh, there customer service, they were extremely jerky to me I called them and told them I pulled my gun out of the box and it didn't work. He wouldn't have anything to do with it. He gave me the number to M3, I don't blame him for not taking it back, but he acted very rude and had a bad tone of voice. Not were they go beyond the competition.

6. No comments, my other things say everything.

7. They got great prices, I would sure buy from them again.

8. score: 8
Old 05-24-2003, 07:59 PM   #35
reneirwolf878

Send a message via AIM to reneirwolf878
Firstcallpaintball

My friend found a boomstick there for $75 on sale. He placed an order over the phone but found out it was out of stock. They told him they'd give him an ultralite for the same price which is also a ncie deal. My friend said...well the ultralite is usually cheaper...so they gave it to him for $50!!! Very nice people. 10
reneirwolf878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 11:49 AM   #36
shibby
s.hibb.y.//

Send a message via AIM to shibby Send a message via Yahoo to shibby
[FIRSTCALLpaintball]

1. This site is very, very easy to navigate. Everything is in front of you. You have to be an idiot if you can't navigate this site. I'm not sure which kind of payment ways this site allows you because I have never bought there, but I know people who have.

2. Wow! The prices of equipment here is like robbing the place. I think it's the net's lowest paintball equipment prices or the lowest I've seen. This site definately sells stuff for really cheap.

3. I have never ordered from here, but I know people that have. One of them ordered all their equipment from there and he told me this site. He said that he recieved his equipment right on time and all. He ordered gear and a Tippy 98 Custom.

4. Read number 3. ^_^

5. From what I have heard, the customer service is awesome here. My friend said that they were really friendly with him.

6. Two Words! They rule!

7. I don't know if I would by from there again because I have never bought from them. Although, I would definately buy from it.

8. Score: 10!

--shibby~
Old 05-26-2003, 03:24 PM   #37
AK47

Send a message via ICQ to AK47
they have gear and field reviews, might as well make store reviews as well
I agree with AK47 he knows what he's talking about
Atleast someone noticed

If you don't like my posts, eat them
AK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 08:01 PM   #38
Rock_Bottom
Dude, what the heck!?!

www.paintballexpress.com

1) The site used to be extremely easy to navigate, but now they remodeled it, and its just easy now. They accept any method of payment.

2) The prices are very cheap in most instances, and they have a low price gaurantee which is where they will beat competetor's prices by %10. Unfortunately, the lowprice guarantee is only in affect AFTER you buy your stuff. you have to wait until you have your gear, then file your request to have them mail the difference to you. I think they're counting on the fact that since its such a hassle to get your money back you wont do it. Not cool.

3)I ordered a Spyder Xtra, and my dad and brother ordered Tippy 98Cs thats what we got.

4) they offer free upgrade to priority shipping (3-4 days) and $100 worth of coupons with every order over $100. The goodies came in about 7-8 days and no coupons

5) I never dealt with customer service (but I probably should have, not getting my coupons)

6) none

7) probably, because they have low prices and are a reputable store, but I am not impressed with the quality of their shipping and promises that fell through.

8) I rate them a 7 because they have very good prices, but they don't put a lot of work into keeping the customer happy
Old 05-26-2003, 08:35 PM   #39
SilverDeagle

www.pbgear.com
This site is amazing
shipping from this place is free with $100 orders and up.
never got my stuff late

There customer service is great.

Prices, this is the big thing .. there prices rules.. There are ly a few sites that I know of that have prices on guns and gear this low.

Site layout I would say the site layout is fine

9 because nothings perfect

www.paintballgateway.com

Another amazing site one of the few I was talking about earlyer.

Prices are great, Shipping is free with some things and on others shipping is kinda

I have ordered an Ir3 from here and it arrived on time and right colors.. .. everything was fine..

Never used the customer service.. never needed to.

Overall site layout fine

8 becuase of shipping is not free on somethings..
SilverDeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 07:08 AM   #40
OmniBlaze
Pb rookie

What about Paintballonline.com?

I haven't seen any review for it and i wanna make an order there
OmniBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote