pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > General Paintball Talk

Old 05-29-2003, 07:13 AM   #41
DarkShark
Welcome to the Machine

http://www.paintballonline.com

1) The site was extremely easy to navigate, everything was organized well. Even though I ordered over the phone, they do allow online ordering. You can pay via money order, credit card or COD. COD, however, carries a ten dollar fee .

2) At first glance, Paintballonline appears to have phenomenal prices. They achieve this by listing a "Compare At" price for an item directly below the "Our Price" listing. Typically, their is a substantial deviation between the two. If one looks more closely, however, it becomes clear that the "Compare At" price is not representative of the prices elsewhere on the internet. In reality, Paintballonline's prices are on par with those of most internet retailers.

3) Bought a 2000 Nel-Splats for 45 dollars and received them in excellent condition -- 0 breaks. I also ordered a bottomline kit. The Duckbill was poorly made, but so far, it has worked without fault. When I purchased my stuff, they had a Free Shipping deal going on. I don't know what the normal shipping policy is.

4) They told me that I would be same day shipping, but it took about a month for all of my stuff to come in. Part of that was because they had to certify my money order, but a month? Come on.

5) The customer service was very good. Everyone who orders from them can get the extension of one customer service representative. If any problems occur, it is very helpful to deal with only one customer service guy -- that way it isn't necessary to explain the problem again every time you speak with a new person.

6) No comments.

7) Given the deceptive pricing and extremely slow shipping time, I would probably not order from them again.

8) Overall rating: 5

EDIT: I was just informed that Paintballonline is now operating under new ownership. My experience is with the old Paintballonline. The new management may have shaken things up a bit and rendered my review irrelevant and slanderous. Please bear this information in mind when you read this review!
a domesticated badger with 4x4 capabilities!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by DarkShark : 05-29-2003 at 06:32 PM.
DarkShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 10:44 AM   #42
Jaster
The one and only

Quote:
Originally posted by Paintsmoke
Sweet thread, great ideas. I Believe you all just saved me $230 or so. Ty a LOT!!!
THAT'S GREAT!! That's the point of this. Glad we could help.
Thank you guys for keeping this going with the reviews!!!
--------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by GranDreamUse the search, Luke.
Originally posted by Lopez17It's really quite amusing to see the difference between talent and ego
Originally posted by teufelhunden You'd think stickies are there to make the forum pretty...
Originally posted by Killer Kat: Don't feed the Jaster from your hand! He bites!!
Originally posted by cocker kid 2k2 :Shut your trap while the big boys are talking.
Originally posted by Homer:Jaster is the Master.
Originally posted by iplaynaked:This....is the Jaster. All I'm going to say to you about him is....don't make him angry.

Red to Black Texas Storm, WAS2.8 Board, WAS Switch, KAPP Thumper Ram, BL Delrin Poppet, Violent Products Delrin Piston, CP Rail, Modified Stock Bolt, CP Adj. Ram Cap, Empire on/off, AKA Sidewinder reg, Clamping Low Rise, Flame Eye Covers, ScytheII Trigger.
Red/Yellow Fade LP Classic Timmy, Bob Long Torpedo Reg., Claw Trigger, CP Adj. Ram Cap, Modified Delrin Bolt, CP Flame Drop Forward, Empire On/Off, WAS 2.8 Equalizer bd., WAS Eye, WAS Switch, Twisted Low Rise, Custom Red Oak Grips
Pure Energy 45/45 and 68/45 12" STIFFI Barrel, 14" CP 2 Piece, Red Halo B

WANTED: Ripper Timmy body. PM me if you have one you want to sell or trade.
Jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 02:21 PM   #43
OmniBlaze
Pb rookie

thank you very much

their prices are realy deceptive , they own www.paintballexpress.com too

Last edited by OmniBlaze : 06-01-2003 at 01:26 AM.
OmniBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 07:38 PM   #44
mujothebard

Actionvillage:
I used to LOVE this store, but they have changed. I have spent so much money there, and I remind them of that, as the last 3 orders have been wrong. The latest one I ordered a 20oz c02, Redz CREEPERZ elbow padz, Phat feed adapter, and camo head wrap. I get the order, no head wrap(I wasn't charged) and I got regular redz elbow padz, which aren't even on the site. I call, and am given an RA# to exchange the elbow padz, and told the head wrap will be sent free for my trouble. The next day, I get an email telling me the headwrap is out of stock, and a charge of $14 ($7 shipping), when I was told I would get the item free! I go to the site, and sure as sh&t, it says "In stock and ready to ship" I will NOT be ordering from AVI again, there are under new management or something, I dunno. 5 (Woulda been 10 2 months ago)
CountyPaintball
I love this store. NEVER any hassles, very trustworthy, order is ALWAYS correct, and it's impossible to order something that isn't in stock. 10
Xtreme Paintball
Expensive, can't tell if items are out of stock, selection not that great. Customer service is polite, but clueless. 5
Paintball Gateway
I can't tell you what these guys have done to me, besides sending me a 3 year old gun, and losing my order for a month. AVOID THEM. 1
mujothebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 08:35 PM   #45
djchemic

if anyone has experience with paintball-discounters.com...please review it.
djchemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 01:13 PM   #46
sa_pyro_ne

http://www.A-1paintballstore.com/

1) Easy to navigate, good selection, i ordered through paypal which was pretty easy
2) Extremely good prices, saved at least $25 from ordering through them instead of somewhere else online
3) What i bought: some upgrades for my tippmann 98c
4)
5) No customer service what-so-ever, emailed 3 different aclaimed store email addresses about over 4 times, never got a reply, i don't know why but there is something suspicous about the phone number, i've never got an answer and i've called at least 4 times when they were supposely open, and once when they weren't open and i got the same message telling me that they may be on the other line or are busy
6) HORRIBLE, after sending an email threatening to file complaints on BBBonline.com and see what i can file under claims of fraud, i got my package in the mail about 2 or 3 days later
7) DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, i will not again, i researched the site only a little before i bought, don't do what i did, use forum threads like this and websites like http://www.bbbonline.org/ - a beter bussiness bureau program and make sure it is a reliable bussiness

Also, i don't know what this means but an email address that they have on their paypal account is order@paintballadrenaline.com

Overall Rating: 4
sa_pyro_ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 08:35 AM   #47
sa_pyro_ne

http://www.countypaintball.com

1) Site is setup well, you can find everything you want with ease, i paid through paypal but i know they offer other forms of payment
2) The prices are great, you never get ripped off, the only cost that i don't like is shipping, it's usauly $7-12 depending on what your order's weight is, but it's ups expediated and it's worth the money
3) i bought blaze paintballs ($45), a gas-thru stock ($30), a 20 oz. tank ($23), and some other stuff
4) it got there on exactly the day they told me it would, it took one day extra for two items marked "short delay", but the whole order was at my door in 3 days, they give you an invoice number so you can track your shipment on their site, it's very convienent, oh and they pack your order with the the foam sort of stuff so nothing was damaged, including a case of paintballs
5) county paintball is the best customer service in existence, no one can beat it
6) best prices, customer service, shipping, etc etc, buy from them
7) i think i'll stick buying from these guys, there's no need to take a risk buying from another store
8) 10
sa_pyro_ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 07:12 PM   #48
pb4me

Well im bored, i like this thread, and i need something to do. So would you guys like me to make you a page with every paintball site out there, then ill put up your comments and all that other good stuff so its basically a *Sticky like you all want? Let me know if interested i just need something to work on...
pb4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 05:21 PM   #49
s0m37h1n9
For Serious.

Send a message via AIM to s0m37h1n9
Firstcallpaintball.com (www.firstcallpaintball.com)

Layout- The website is very easy to navigate because the only navigation tool is on the right. But it is a bit slow for people with slower connections.

Prices- Prices on their paint and most accessories are second to none. Other products are average or a bit cheaper.

Purchases- I've made one purchase so far (drop forward and asa) and and about ready to place a few more orders with them.

Shipping- Free over $200 is always nice, but rarely are my orders every that high. Shipping is very very fast, but the $3 handling fee kills me on small orders.

Customer Service- Have yet to deal with them.

Personal Comments- From the point I ordered to the time it arrived I had little to worry about. My purchased arrived only 3 days after ordering it. (That's really good considering I ordered after the cut-off for processing orders for that day) The only problem I encountered was the order tracking feature. I got my order number but it always said my order was pending... I had no idea when it would arrive.

Would you buy there again- Yes, with prices lower than most sites and fast shipping I would definitely order from First Call again.

Score- 9.5: Only because I couldn't use my tracking number, but everything else got a 10.
s0m37h1n9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 11:40 AM   #50
Speed Ball
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Speed Ball
check out the site in my signature its pretty nice
Speed Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 03:59 PM   #51
s0m37h1n9
For Serious.

Send a message via AIM to s0m37h1n9
ShootPaint (www.shootpaint.com)

Layout- This website is very easy to navigate through. The hot items are on the front and then the rest of the items are in the hierachy.

Prices- The prices on this site are incredible, some of the best on the internet.

Purchases- I've made one purchase here so far, and I plan on doing more whenever I get the chance.

Shipping- He offered free shipping on the item I bought, and shipping on other items is very reasonable.

Customer Service- Incredible, absolutely incredible. My marker was on backorder, so I kept in touch every now and then to see how the shipment was going. He had answers and then some for every one of my questions.

Personal Comments- From the point I ordered to the time it arrived I had nothing to worry about. My purchase was on backorder but I had no problem because of stellar communication. This site should be a model for all the other sites on the net. Its always nice to talk to someone, rather than auto responses from a computer. I can't say enough about it!

Would you buy there again- Let me think about this for one tenth of a nanosecond... YES! I would buy everything that I need from here.

Score- 11 out of 10. I think what I said justifies it.
s0m37h1n9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 09:43 AM   #52
Jaster
The one and only

www.kickasspaintball.com

These guys are great. I ordered a thumper ram for my timmy. I did run into a hickup with them though. I really wanted it here by this friday cause I'm playing sat so they told me to get 2nd day air and it would be here friday. Well thinking of this after the fact, it dawned on me that friday was the 4th of July. DUH...No UPS deliveries. So that means I have to wait until Monday. If that's the case I should have shipped 3 day or ground and save some $$$. So I call them about it and tell them what up. First off, these guys customer service is first class. Very nice to talk to. Well the girl I talked to, Jasmine, tried all she could think of right down to calling UPS, tracking the package, and trying to change the shipping. Well UPS sucks and wouldn't budge. So she called me right back to tell me the bad news. What can ya' do? This wasn't there bad it was mine for not looking at my calender. Even still they went out of their way to fix my error. Any place else would have told me too bad right out of the gate. Especially when it had already shipped. That was the other thing I really liked. I placed the order and I had shipping conformation and numbers with in 45 minutes!! I placed this order at 4:00pm and it STILL left that day. Holy fast batman!! It's too bad I lost out on $10 for shipping but I'll be here monday morning. I would have liked a sticker sheet or something to make myself feel better about this mistake, but it was my bad not theirs so I didn't ask. So "seanatknapp" if you read this..tell Jasmine I said thanks for trying. You guys at KAPP are top notch. Get some more Timmy stuff!!

I give a very high 9. I don't believe anyone is a perfect 10 but you guys are the example of how to get close!

total = 9.9

Originally posted by Lopez17It's really quite amusing to see the difference between talent and ego
Originally posted by teufelhunden You'd think stickies are there to make the forum pretty...
Originally posted by Killer Kat: Don't feed the Jaster from your hand! He bites!!
Originally posted by cocker kid 2k2 :Shut your trap while the big boys are talking.
Originally posted by iplaynaked:This....is the Jaster. All I'm going to say to you about him is....don't make him angry.

Red to Black Texas Storm, WAS2.8 Board, WAS Switch, KAPP Thumper Ram, BL Delrin Poppet, Violent Products Delrin Piston, CP Rail, Modified Stock Bolt, CP Adj. Ram Cap, Empire on/off, AKA Sidewinder reg, Clamping Low Rise, Flame Eye Covers, ScytheII Trigger.
Red/Yellow Fade LP Classic Timmy, Bob Long Torpedo Reg., Claw Trigger, CP Adj. Ram Cap, Modified Delrin Bolt, CP Flame Drop Forward, Empire On/Off, WAS 2.8 Equalizer bd., WAS Eye, WAS Switch, Twisted Low Rise, Custom Red Oak Grips

Last edited by Jaster : 07-03-2003 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:56 AM   #53
Paint Bulley
Super POSER

Location: Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and there Here and
Send a message via ICQ to Paint Bulley Send a message via AIM to Paint Bulley Send a message via Yahoo to Paint Bulley
Quote:
Originally posted by Jaster
Ok so here's the average scores for the online shops so far:
www.shop4paintball.com 6
www.blackfootpaintball.com 9
www.thepaintballstore.com 8
www.actionvillage.com 10
www.888paintball.com 10
www.g3pb.com 10
www.paintballondemand.com 8
www.xpaintball.com 5
www.countrypaintball.com 10
www.firstcallpaintball.com 10

Thanks for the shop reviews so far!! Keep them coming and I'll update this list!!
cut this and put it in your first post.. makes it easier for people to find, and makes the thread more useful... they can quickly see which site is ranked high, then read the thread for more indepth responses about the stores.. and actionvillage a 10? pshshshsh
Paint Bulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 10:52 AM   #54
Jaster
The one and only

Great idea Bulley!! I've taken your advice. If anyone else has an idea of how to make this thread more helpfull please speak up. Thanks!!!

Old 07-31-2003, 05:44 PM   #55
spydermania

Sticky and what about pbfanatics.com
spydermania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 11:11 AM   #56
Jaster
The one and only

Quote:
Originally posted by spydermania
Sticky and what about pbfanatics.com
As soon as someone says something about them I'll add them to the list of online stores.
Thanks for the help, reviews, and stories of online shopping nightmares and glories. Keep 'em coming!!

Old 08-05-2003, 11:31 AM   #57
thepeashooter

i dident really read through it because I dont shop online, but couldn't PBR start another review section on stores??

what you ordered?

When did you get it?

What Problems?

What Plus's?

your overall experience?

and they could have two ratings
1 for the amount of time it took to ship, and one for out of 10
Old 08-05-2003, 12:31 PM   #58
Sam#27
N.Y.C. Everything

Send a message via AIM to Sam#27
www.paintballgear.com
I have had the best luck with this site. They provide free shipping on all orders except paint that are over 100 dollars. They have made one mistake when shipping to me however, i orderd 1000 balls and they sent me 2000. So who was i to complain? They have some of the best prices.
www.888paintball.com
I dont like this site nearly as much as some do. The site IMO is poorly constructed. And i orderd my first gun from them. A tippmann sl682 and it was used and didnt work when they sold it to me telling me it was new i wasnt happy.
http://kardbordsamurai.tripod.com
Sam#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 01:38 PM   #59
Jaster
The one and only

Quote:
Originally posted by thepeashooter
...but couldn't PBR start another review section on stores??
I asked and was told that wasn't something they were not looking to do at the time. Let's face it, it would create a ton of work and issues for admin and the staff here. That's why I started this myself in the first place.

Old 08-17-2003, 08:04 AM   #60
david1

Send a message via AIM to david1
www.iisports.com
Pretty good prices, ok customer service. the item I was looking for was out of stock, and it shipped 2 days later than they said it would. Customer service was pretty good, so I give it an 8. I would probably buy from there again.