pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Tippmann

Old 09-14-2009, 05:03 AM   #1
SnapperDragon

98 Custom to N2

Other than the new air tank, do I need to upgrade the hose supplying the valve? Is that what "macroline" is for? I think I've read on these forums that nothing is needed other than the new air tank and then screw it right into the asa.

Is this correct?
SnapperDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:10 AM   #2
Bad_Company1
Paintball Command Army

No all you need is a new tank. Output pressure on the n2 tank is the same as co2. Some guns just use macroline and some guns use steel braided hose.
Nightstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitters93 View Post
3D bewbizzles?!
Bad_Company1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:40 AM   #3
Corrupted355
Addict

Send a message via AIM to Corrupted355
The only thing you need to do is make sure that the tank is putting out the right pressure. In general, you're looking for the "high pressure" option. The only things you've got to look out for are things like the Myth regulator, which has a mid range output.

As long as the tank puts out at least 750 psi, all you've gotta do is screw it in, lust like a CO2 tank. I can recommend Centerflag, Crossfire, PMI (Pure Energy), Ninja, and Draxxus tanks from my personal experience. Of these, my favorites are Ninja and Crossfire, in that order.

Corrupted355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:13 AM   #4
SnapperDragon

Thanks for the responses guys, that really cleared up any questions I had.
SnapperDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #5
combat karl

yes that point actualy cleared up a bit of a mystery fer me as well, i used to have a myth air tank, it worked but the problem was that i could not get my 98 custom pro up over 240fps but when i put on the 20oz co2 i could get it over 285fps no prob, i think the output pressure was not enough with the myth reg
combat karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:13 PM   #6
Corrupted355
Addict

Send a message via AIM to Corrupted355
[quote=combat karl;4273131... i think the output pressure was not enough with the myth reg[/quote]
Exactly. The Myth has an output pressure in the midrange of what's normal (~650 psi). In theory, the marker should run just fine at this pressure as long as you're not trying to run an R/T. However, some specific guns will need a little tuning in order to pull it off. My A-5 used to be able to run on great 550 psi, but now that the springs are getting old and weak, the lowest it can work with is 650 psi.

Personally, I think the idea of a mid range output tank is stupid. Any marker with a regulator (read: virtually anything but a Tippmann) needs at least 200 psi of overhead in order to be consistent and have a decent recharge rate. Dropping the output pressure of the tank just limits the number of markers that the tank is compatible with.

Corrupted355 is offline   Reply With Quote