pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Tippmann

Old 02-14-2003, 05:26 AM   #21
BDX

Eryk...Custom Palmers Regs Install

Last year I had several discussions with Glenn at Palmers about just such a modification. Basically youre asking a single 1/4" connection out of the Tippy valve to handle a potential load and a half. In the event you took a fall and the Satbilizer got smacked that little 1/4" connection is going to get tweaked royally. Probably tear the threads out of the valve and Voila!, time for a new valve.

Now, having said that, we discussed an alterrnate approach but frankly I think it has the same inherent risks as the other:

Instead of using the direct regulator, like you have pictured, one would plumb one of their Vertical ASA adapters like this

or this one

onto your tippy and use their male ASA Stabilizer. These adaptors are used on Autocockers like the older Mini's that don't have an ASA on the body, simply a 1/4" NPT threaded opening.

The reasoning behind this approach being better, I guess, is that that the ASA adaptor would help provide some additional beef to the connections to the valve. By fitting the adaptor snug against the frame of the gun you would and provide a more secure Stabilizer connection point that is less likely to transfer shock up to the threads in the valve.

You would need to use a 1/4" male nipple into the Tippy valve then add a 1/4" female/ female coupling to get a threaded connection out of the body of the 98. (The inline you have shown doesnt have enough thread to reach all the way back up to the valve) Finally you would thread on one of the the Vertical adaptors I've shown shown. You would then use a male Palmer ASA Stabilizer.

If youre dead set on the design you chose simply thread the valve with a male 1/4" nipple and a female/ female 1/4" coupling to get the threaded extension you'll need and then stick your diect into that. It proabably will stick out lower from the body than you want and not look as clean as what you have sketched.

Look at the Palmers Web site under Autococker parts for the component I showed you. If youre serious about this I'd call them and talk with them directly. The price of the phone call is worth the headache and aggravation a ripped out vavle would cause you. But they'll probably understand that you would want to do it any way they just dont want you coming back at them saying they didnt warn you.

BDX

Last edited by BDX : 02-14-2003 at 02:58 PM.
BDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 07:12 AM   #22
E r y k
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Send a message via AIM to E r y k
thanks for you help but after adding the v/a and extension fittings wouldnt it hit my pro2 drop forward??

Isnt the tippy valve threaded 1/8?

thanks for all your help

eryk

reviews.
AIM: p b e r y k
Pbreview Feedback
PbNation Feedback
E r y k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 08:26 AM   #23
BDX

I was working off memory of a year ago, they could be 1/8". Which makes the situation all the more critical, youre now asking an even smaller fitting to take the weight and torque.

But, regardless of fitting size (diameter), you'll have to get some sort of threaded extension from the valve down through the frame to where either the Direct or an ASA adapter will thread in. You might find that even without the ASA adapter you'll have a clearance problem with your drop forward.

Custom mods are never all that simple. I've seen one gun that had a 45 fitting coming out of the same location; a low pressure chamber was threaded off of that. The guy needed a 45 so the chamber would clear his drop and double trigger. I thought it looked structurally ok, made but it was pretty cluttered looking.

Last edited by BDX : 02-14-2003 at 08:30 AM.
BDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 10:35 AM   #24
E r y k
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

will it be better if i got a aluminum valve??
if not, i might just dig out 20 extra bucks for a v/a... and get and expansion chamber which i dont really want...

I'm not really sure to get a stab or x-chamb cause i dont play alot.

eryk

reviews.
Pbreview Feedback
PbNation Feedback
Old 02-16-2003, 09:21 AM   #25
cato

Talking upgrade Q

I have a tippmann 68 carbine(old I know) but I payed so little for it, I don't realy wanna put much into it. I wuold just like some tips as to what(cheep) upgrades I could/should get for it. I am thinking a jj ceramic or bigshot barrel.

gun:
tippmann 68-carbine-$50 ebay.
case of paint-$40 paintball shop.
shooting people who have $200 guns in the mouth-PRICELESS.
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 01:42 PM   #26
llSmithll
Banned

good choices i say.
llSmithll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 02:13 PM   #27
cato

Question

so what would be the best to go with?jj ceramic or bigshot?

gun:
tippmann 68-carbine-$50 ebay.
case of paint-$40 paintball shop.
shooting people who have $200 guns in the mouth-PRICELESS.
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 05:18 PM   #28
-=ReD-hAzE=-
SeveredGod

if you haven't already decided... go for the j'n'j...
-=ReD-hAzE=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 01:02 PM   #29
kdogg937
Wanna fight??

Send a message via AIM to kdogg937
what does a reg/x-chamber do?? which is better. i use co2 and don't plan to get the tippmann lp kit

My Infiniti G35!
kdogg937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 07:17 PM   #30
-=ReD-hAzE=-
SeveredGod

Quote:
Originally posted by kdogg937
what does a reg/x-chamber do?? which is better. i use co2 and don't plan to get the tippmann lp kit
x-chamber... it give your co2 more room to expand out of its liquid state into a gas... thus reducing the chances of huge velocity spikes...

reg... regulates the input pressure of the incoming gases... thus creating a much more stable velocity... and it also acts as a x-chamber...

regulator is always a better choice imo...
since you don't plan to go lp... then all you have to do is get a hp reg... like the palmers... or pmi pure energy...vigulanti... etc...

and look into getting anti-syphen if your using co2...it also acts as an x-chamber... giving the reg less work to do... so it will do a better job regulating...instead of regulating and being your x-chamber...
Old 03-09-2003, 06:45 PM   #31
3draco3

Send a message via AIM to 3draco3
i currently have the following setup:
tippmann 98 custom
R/T kit installed
14" DYE boomstick
12 volt revvy w/ turbo rev board
rocket cock
vert. adapter
double trigger

i was wondering if i were to get a new bolt if it would do anything or a new hammer? and i am also thinking of getting a nitro tank soon what reg should i get? And what is a good price for sais regulator?

and i want to get a powder coat job or a paint job. Do you know anyone who does a good job at that on tippy's at a good prics (of course)?

Quote:
NowhereMan
tell you what, send me two bucks and ill put all the CO2 i have into an envelope and send it to ya
Quote:
legion
Paintball is the crack of mechanically-inclined adrenaline junkies.
3draco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 06:48 PM   #32
E r y k
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

as for the bolts. the stock bolt will be your best bet, the starfires dont really do anything

as for paintjobs, SiN customs are very good but i dont know about the pricing.

reviews.
Pbreview Feedback
PbNation Feedback
Old 03-10-2003, 02:21 PM   #33
llSmithll
Banned

replacing bolts...hmmm FULL BOAR

paintjob?? hmm, rattle can can be effective
Old 03-10-2003, 02:24 PM   #34
E r y k
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

is he talking about the front bolt of back bolt?!

reviews.
Pbreview Feedback
PbNation Feedback
Old 03-10-2003, 02:26 PM   #35
llSmithll
Banned

not too many hammers on the front of a powertube...
Old 03-10-2003, 02:34 PM   #36
3draco3

Send a message via AIM to 3draco3
I have checked out Sin customs and i really like their work and i heard that the prices are really really cheap. But i am unable to get a hold of anyone in thier company and on the site that i visited it said that the last time it was up dated was about 3 years ago. I am wondering how to get a hold of him and also if he is still in business

Quote:
NowhereMan
tell you what, send me two bucks and ill put all the CO2 i have into an envelope and send it to ya
Quote:
legion
Paintball is the crack of mechanically-inclined adrenaline junkies.
3draco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 01:54 AM   #37
Grim_Reaper999
Super Man

i have a ?

ok i have a lot of things on my tippmann and i dont know what to buy,give me some ideas,please
Attached Images To view attachments your post count must be 0 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.

RUN RUN little monkey boy!

If he doesn't have a cat, buy him a cat, charge him for the gift, then steal the cat and sell it to a chinese restraunt. Then for the trouble of stealing the cat take his pants, you can always use a decent pair of pants.

Originally posted by viper93
pvc pipe w\holes = a piece of pvc pipe with holes, anything more and your canadian

Originally posted by llSmithll
yeah, take a barrel, trigger, hopper and a brick and you got yourself a shocker...
Grim_Reaper999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 02:33 AM   #38
MikeTippyMan
Meh, Texas sucks...

Re: i have a ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Grim_Reaper999
ok i have a lot of things on my tippmann and i dont know what to buy,give me some ideas,please

Holy hippa happa rappidy dappa hip hopidy doodles! I dont think there is much else you could get for that, maybe a warpfeed

SL 68 2
14" JJ Ceramic

2k2 Cocker
(lots of stuff)

AutoMag RT
(even more stuff)
MikeTippyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 02:35 AM   #39
SoulFire

I need info

I need some info on the LP kit and the HPA kit, which to buy is my question, i want to start running on HPA but dont know if i need the kit right now to start running on it...I will probably buy one of the kits regardless, i just need to know which one?? Thanks for the help, in advance..

-SoulFire-
Sfy03@aol.com
SoulFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 06:48 AM   #40
-=ReD-hAzE=-
SeveredGod

the lp kit and hpa kit are the same thing...

and no... you do not need the kit to use HPA... but your not going to see much of a differance from co2 if you don't use it...
Quote:
Originally posted by Grim_Reaper999
if your still here... this isn't what this thread was for...

and... you should get... HPA... fullbore shadow or ebolt... get rid of the crappy site rail... get a new barrel... and a 90* fitting for the reg...along with a change in the color...

Last edited by -=ReD-hAzE=- : 03-19-2003 at 06:53 AM.