pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 06-28-2003, 02:38 PM   #41
JTramoDude
***Support our Troops***

Send a message via AIM to JTramoDude
exactly.... well even if he meant it like vader said... if ur in and out in the true snap shooting times, not many refs would give u trouble

'1972 Dodge Dart

cheap guns (cause honestly, who can afford cars AND paintball?)
kingman hammer
kingman "new" hammer

Quote:
Originally posted by kevinbo03

Smartparts with no space in-between is copyrighted. Reported.
JTramoDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 07:08 PM   #42
paintballer42o
These days...

Send a message via AIM to paintballer42o
Well, try aiming your gun at a guy, but make sure he aint pointen at you, shoot remember to stay low, dont check if you hit the guy.
josh_hill, puck_316
spyderman014, tippycustom, chadolf, dcdude, paintballer42o, chunkymonkey, p8ntmaster
Detroit Strange fan #1
InSoMnIac Member #11
PwnzorchreK
paintballer42o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 06:34 PM   #43
paintball333
got paint?

Send a message via AIM to paintball333
sorry for that being confusing but to me thats snapshooting basicaly what i was saying is that watch the balls hit cause if you do it rite it hits the person u want it to, you dont get hit and the person is down but if you go back in to a bunker they come back up and that was a waste of paint and air and also if you stay up u can keep them down when they come back up

sorry if anybody dissagrees with me but also this is more of my woods ball type snap shoothing in speed i do pop in and out more so what ever everyone palys diffrent and i respect that and dont have a problem with anybodys way of snapshooting or other moves usualy un less they r aginst the rules or can do it alot better

"paintball isnt a game its a way of life"

Co-Captain Santa's Rejects Scenario Team

Last edited by paintball333 : 07-16-2003 at 06:37 PM.
paintball333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 07:16 PM   #44
KoRnMaN

Send a message via ICQ to KoRnMaN Send a message via AIM to KoRnMaN
Well its not a waste of paint if your the "better snap shooter" basically all I see it as your playing hide and seek and adventally the faster one wins. That goes if both people are snapping. Keeping your head out is a bad idea anyway aspecially when shooting, never keep your head out for long periods of time unless changing positions.

Last edited by KoRnMaN : 07-16-2003 at 07:18 PM.
KoRnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 07:56 PM   #45
EM1-4LIFE

Send a message via AIM to EM1-4LIFE
In my honest opinion, the best snap shooting practice, is to do one on ones with your friends and just keep practicing that way. I agree that soda bottles work good, but nothing beats actually playing against someone else
EM1-4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 07:39 PM   #46
Splat Dawg

Send a message via AIM to Splat Dawg Send a message via Yahoo to Splat Dawg
Thank you everyone for all this great advice! But my point in being here is to ask if you can help me. I'm on a new five man team, and we'll start tournaments soon. So one time we get a team meeting going and I mention snap shooting. Right away everyone starts making fun of it (and me). Saying crap like "you can't snap shoot if you're gogged!". I've even snapped out a pro at a local field; they still don't care. Is there any way to make them listen or understand snap shooting?
Splat Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 10:23 AM   #47
EM1-4LIFE

Send a message via AIM to EM1-4LIFE
I'm guessing that you play alot of woodsball if they dont care about snap shooting. Make them see that snap shooting is very valuable to a tournament team on a speedball course. Take them to a speedball field, use the tips you have learned here, and send them to the dead area before they know what hit them.
EM1-4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 04:11 PM   #48
bikerdude7200

Send a message via AIM to bikerdude7200
u can always practice looking into mirror with all ur gear on staying tucked in as possible
bikerdude7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 05:09 PM   #49
p8ntball-kid21
Secret @gent :P

Send a message via AIM to p8ntball-kid21
Quote:
Originally posted by Splat Dawg
Thank you everyone for all this great advice! But my point in being here is to ask if you can help me. I'm on a new five man team, and we'll start tournaments soon. So one time we get a team meeting going and I mention snap shooting. Right away everyone starts making fun of it (and me). Saying crap like "you can't snap shoot if you're gogged!". I've even snapped out a pro at a local field; they still don't care. Is there any way to make them listen or understand snap shooting?
Then it looks like every game you play its gonna be a 5 on 1 (you) lol.

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadia_PBaller
p8ntball-kid your my hero!!!...
p8ntball-kid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 07:56 AM   #50
Six Feet Under
Less $ than a drug addict

Send a message via AIM to Six Feet Under Send a message via Yahoo to Six Feet Under
Quote:
Originally posted by hitNrun

thats what i do, but to add, i ussually have a 20oz. (did use a 2liter, but i got good, now i use the 20oz. harder, but improves, over time) but have like 4 on a bunker, one on the left side bottom, right side bottom, in the middle, left side top... you get the point, but i just pop out and try to hit a different one everytime..... i do it at either around 70ft. or at 35 or so..... works great....
That's kind of what I do, except I pick a dried paint splat on my fence, and then snapshoot from behind a tree at it. The range is about 65 feet.
Six Feet Under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 11:00 AM   #51
Blacksheep
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Blacksheep Send a message via Yahoo to Blacksheep
Someone should do a video
Blacksheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 12:33 AM   #52
HollywoodBaller
Banned

i wouls suggest actually having ur team go against some speed ballers at ur local field and getting lit up. Not trying to make fun of u or anything but when i first started with my team we went and played and played and played especially with people we knew were gonna just whomp on us. Because after the games a lot of the players would always talk with us about what they liked about our play and what they thought we should add to our game. It helps out a lot u just have to be open to constructive critiscim(if thats how u spell it) It does sound like u guys uset to play woods ball and now are trying speedball. I would also suggest getting like a 2 on 2 or 1 on 1 game going between the players of ur team and setting a very low time limit. Anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. So u can get the feel of very fast games instead of long ones. hope i helped u out a lil mang

Last edited by HollywoodBaller : 12-31-2003 at 12:36 AM.
HollywoodBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 11:43 AM   #53
Mini_Cocker777
Calvin is teh coolness!

a helpful hint i think is to not snap then move forward a little bit because when i snapped back in barrel got cought on the bunker and someone hit it

Hi.
Mini_Cocker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 04:12 PM   #54
AGOATWITHAANGEL

ONE THING

Ok here is one tip i can't give u many bcz i am still new but i get eliminated allot bcz of it. SOO one thing is to work on a comfortable position so that ur hopper is behind the bunker i finally got a comfortable poisition it helps me alot
AND sometime it even makes u feel like a pro LOL LOL so there ya go
Old 03-11-2004, 04:58 AM   #55
radishboy
trisomy 21

Send a message via AIM to radishboy
Quote:
Originally posted by Blacksheep
Someone should do a video
workin on it.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:11 AM   #56
JTramoDude
***Support our Troops***

Send a message via AIM to JTramoDude
this thread needs to die

'1972 Dodge Dart

cheap guns (cause honestly, who can afford cars AND paintball?)
kingman hammer
kingman "new" hammer

Quote:
Originally posted by kevinbo03

Smartparts with no space in-between is copyrighted. Reported.
JTramoDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 01:17 PM   #57
BlueDragonDH
HeHe Spinny!!!

Download the snap shooting video at the end of the page HERE Tyger does this video
Like I said before, Blue Dragon is right - pb Hoowah

!!! Join www.pbcanada.ca !!!
BlueDragonDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 03:35 PM   #58
(0_o)typhoon(o_
Trigger Finger

Send a message via AIM to (0_o)typhoon(o_
http://www.webdogradio.us/video/tipclip/WDR39hi.wmv
(0_o)typhoon(o_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:04 PM   #59
shanefoster

Keys to great snapshooting

there are Main keys to great snap shooting.
The most important is knowing the purpose.

#1 the purpose of snap shooting is not necessarily hit the guy, but to get them to move back in their bunker. It's nice when you hit them, but that isn't the most important thing. They purpose of snapshooting is to gain the advantage on a player. You want to go out shooting and not pay attention to wether the balls hit the target, but rather see if the target moves. If they start to go in, then you want to pop right back out and get the drop and post up.

#2 Once you have the drop, your snap shooting becomes more of a dodge only the ones that will hit you. Which by the way is a great drill! have someone shoot at you with your gun and you don't shoot back. Practice staying out and only moving for the ones that will hit you. This will help perfect your judgment and give you a huge advantage in a game. If you watch the pros, you will see this alot. They look like they are bouncing in and out of their bunker in the same spot, which is considered bad snap shooting! But they aren't snapshooting, they are maintaining their post!

#3 When snapshooting come out aimed at your target ahead of time. There are two ways to do this. More commonly stated is to pick a point behind the player when you go out the first time, and try to line it up with something behind them. Then aim at that thing that you can see when you are in your bunker and guesstimate where they are. This doesn't work for me though. I prefer to pick a point about 4 ft outside their bunker and look at that point when I go in. Then I aim about 4ft in from that point, pointing in at the bunker in front of me and go out shooting, even if I hit the bunker in front of me. Be careful if it's airball. I've killed myself doing this. I was standing at a brick and bounced one right into my mask and gogged myself! When you do this make sure your gun is angled so that the smallest amount of you is showing. I tell my players that all they need showing to shoot is the barrel and their 1 eye.

#4 If you need a quick view of the field while snap shooting, or if you are on a bunker that you are able to easily enough, or if you are a madman and practice it constantly, it's a good idea to not just pop out, but move in a circular pattern. Like go out the bottom of a bunker and move up the side while you shoot. The idea is that it's harder to hit a moving target. Make sure you keep your balance while snapshooting. Too many times I've nailed a newer player because they were trying to out snapshoot me and they lost their balance causing them to stay out too long!

#5 The final one!!! Avoid popping out the top. This is the NUMBER ONE NEWBIE MISTAKE!!! I see it all the time at my field. Only do this if you are the last one in and you need to see where everyone is to avoid being bunkered. And when you do it make sure you do the #4 thing. If you pop out the top most likely the entire team or at least 3 or 4 can shoot at you. You should try to stick to shooting out the sides. This way you can limit the amount of players shooting at you. Some fields are newbie friendly with only a few low bunkers that are protected on the sides so that you can pop out the top, but don't expect this. This is a rarity! Practice shooting out the side!

That should just about end this thread. I'm making an instructional video that covers tactics, drills, and several playing tips, including snap shooting, bunkering, etc. e-mail me if you are interested in a copy. The DVD will be $10 plus shipping. It should be done by December 2004. I start filming August 21st. Also e-mail me any tips you think I should include and if I like your tip enough and it's something I haven't already thought of, I'll send you a free copy! shane@raidpaintball.net or shane@raidpaintball.com

Last edited by shanefoster : 08-03-2004 at 11:25 PM.
shanefoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:25 PM   #60
VooDooAddict

Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooAddict
Quote:
Originally posted by JTramoDude
another thing...... this helps mostly for tucking... i know ur not supposed to see then when u snap shoot.. but

close one eye....

well you already should be shooting on the correct hand for the side... ex: if ur going out left side, shoot lefty, right side shoot righty

howwever, ontop of that, close one eye... when i dont.... as im peeking out a side i tend to peek out alot further... so if im going out the rigth side, i close my left eye so im not tempted to bring my head out far enough to use my left eye... and i pretty much sight down the groove of my bushmaster milling, with my head behind the gun.

'Jim
Interesting. I'll have to give that a try.
Alt/Loan: Shocker 2k2 Blu Fade Turbo - Max 88/45 - Apache - 14" .691 AA
Loan: Full Camo'd Shocker 4x4 - 114/45 - Rev12v - 16" .689 CP
Loan/Tinker: Shocker 4x4 S/F - 68-CO2 - Warp&Rev9v - 12" .689 CP
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote