pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 10-09-2004, 10:10 PM   #61
NST Delta

Send a message via AIM to NST Delta
its good to find a position behind your bunker that you con shoot from different spots everytime. i dont like to go on my knees because its harder to get up and move really fast i just crouch and keep my legs in really tight, and you can stand and shoot from up high instead of shooting from down low. if you shoot from different spots every time then it will be harder for someone on the other team to be waiting for you to pop out. if you shoot from the same spot everytime then the other guy is judt going to aim for where you come out everytime.
NST Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 07:34 PM   #62
classic timmy9

Ok just one thing I am bad for this and I have been watching the video of the last tournament I was in and I noticed that my team and a lot of the other younger teams were getting hit a lot in the hopper. The problem is that when most people lean out they tip their bodies (not a bad thing) but most often the marker gets tipped out as well. This causes you to come out hopper first. Very bad at this point you mirror has an idea of where to shoot and puts a number of balls in the air before you can even see what your going to shoot at.
Basically just keep you gun straight up and done or tip you gun in or out just a little but watch what you’re doing. If you’re playing on an air field find the angle where you and your gun match the bunkers.

If I am wrong pleas let me know
classic timmy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:19 PM   #63
NST Delta

Send a message via AIM to NST Delta
to keep the hopper from sticking out as much tilt hopper towards the inside of the bunker. this way only a part of your mask and your gun are exposed when you are shooting.
NST Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 06:01 PM   #64
slipknoTikp8bal
BYE ICD!!!

Send a message via AIM to slipknoTikp8bal
Quote:
Originally posted by NST Delta
to keep the hopper from sticking out as much tilt hopper towards the inside of the bunker. this way only a part of your mask and your gun are exposed when you are shooting.

stick an allen wrench up your nose and turn the pressure down so it doesn't put so much pressure on the noid
[/size]
slipknoTikp8bal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 07:10 PM   #65
paintswappin13

Send a message via AIM to paintswappin13
thanks for all the great help guys, it has really helped. but i have a question: is it possible to snapshoot from a standing position (on an airball field) from a soda can bunker?
PAINTED
paintswappin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 07:39 PM   #66
slipknoTikp8bal
BYE ICD!!!

Send a message via AIM to slipknoTikp8bal
ya.. when i do i usually crouch slightly.. makes it a lil quicker...

Also a good snapshooting practice tip is just go in your bathroom and snap at your mirror using your mirror as the bunker and see how far out you are.. refine it so you barely stick out but can still rip out 3-4 shots.

^^ Hope that hasnt been posted yet.

stick an allen wrench up your nose and turn the pressure down so it doesn't put so much pressure on the noid
[/size]
slipknoTikp8bal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:23 PM   #67
paintswappin13

Send a message via AIM to paintswappin13
thanks
PAINTED
paintswappin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 02:21 PM   #68
V1nn`/
Epic [E-po-k] Member

Send a message via AIM to V1nn`/
i find it easy to make a prediciton where your target is b4 u come out, and aim for that while behind the bunker still. then pop out and shoot and look where he is then aim form inside the bunker and pop out again

if you play rainbow six 3 do it there just to get an idea of what its kind of like if you cant try it on a field. learning how to snapshoot is kind of like phyicology in the sense you have to be thinking what the target is thinking and look for patterns when it moves/comes out
Old 03-21-2005, 01:28 PM   #69
AccessTime

A few things to add...

Conditions permitting, get 3-5 feet back from your bunker, don't crowd your bunker unless you have to (due ot angles, etc.)

Isolate your target -- using your bunker as well as others to the front and side of you. Ideally you only want only your target to be able to shoot back.

Do things in one motion, not a sequence of motions. If you're going out the top, you should simply just crouch, hop up and fall back down, shooting off a few shots for the time you are exposed. But like they already said, sides tend to be better since you can use angles to further limit who can fire at you.

You will learn, but it takes practice. If you get hit anywhere other than the mask or gun, you aren't using your cover well enough.
AccessTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 09:28 PM   #70
ase
"Paintball" is not a verb

Send a message via AIM to ase
Quote:
Originally posted by AccessTime
If you're going out the top, you should simply just crouch, hop up and fall back down, shooting off a few shots for the time you are exposed.
never shoot out of the top in speedball. ever. ever.

what i do is when my teammates call out a position and i realize that its right in front of me, i dont take a peek there before. i snap out, pop a couple off, then go back in. usually if you dont peek first, they wont expect it. ive gotten a lot of ppl out this way. that may sound obvious, but ive seen a lot of ppl stay posted on a position, then get sloppy, and the other guy looks out so now your opponent is expecting the shot. hes alert.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:40 PM   #71
Zedthephish
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zedthephish
Re: Keys to great snapshooting

Quote:
Originally posted by shanefoster

Avoid popping out the top. This is the NUMBER ONE NEWBIE MISTAKE!!! I see it all the time at my field. Only do this if you are the last one in and you need to see where everyone is to avoid being bunkered. And when you do it make sure you do the #4 thing. If you pop out the top most likely the entire team or at least 3 or 4 can shoot at you. You should try to stick to shooting out the sides. This way you can limit the amount of players shooting at you. Some fields are newbie friendly with only a few low bunkers that are protected on the sides so that you can pop out the top, but don't expect this. This is a rarity! Practice shooting out the side!
Quoted for emphasis, I was playing paintball about 1-2 weeks ago in a rather small woodsball arena(picture speedball, only smaller, and without the silly air bunkers) and as we were playing rather small teams, it came down to 1vs1, the 1 being me, of course. Anyhow, my friend(the second 1... haha) and I were approx. 25 ft away from each other, each hunkered into a bunker. I know how to snapshoot, and he doesn't, clearly I'm at the advantage. So I snap out the side and he dives into his bunker, I don't take the advantage and move, 'cause I spaced and didn't see the bunker between him and I. So he pops back out and we continue playing "snap tag", until I make the stupid move and pop out the top. Stupid me, and wouldn't you know it, he railed me right in the forehead. In conclusion, NEVER POP OUT OF THE TOP OF A BUNKER!
Zedthephish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:18 PM   #72
rusnak167

ok this might not work for everyone but i find it to be very helpful to me when im front or mid.

no order just random thoughts

poke your head out quickly, i mean damn quick, to get a view and the next poke should be to shoot one-three times.
never keep your marker or head out for an extended period, save for back players that are laning. i only put my head out the top of a bunker to grab a quick peek around the field, NEVER shoot from the top of a bunker. use your barrel to push into the side of an airball bunker, it provides cover and sometimes it shields your hopper. youll know your tucking into the bunker tight enough if you only ever get hit in the mask when snapping a look. NEVER come out the same spot twice in a row.
if your front always yell for a lane when you need to move up, trust me it does help keep you in and gets your team more elims if you can get the right angles.

Paintball - Excites you in a way nipple modification never can
rusnak167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:51 PM   #73
-Evilordie-
Guelph Arsenal

Send a message via MSN to -Evilordie-
this is something that works great for me when snapshooting, 1.you peek your head out quick!! i mean like under one second get a glimpse of what you will be shooting at..2..get tight behind your bunger and aim as if there was no bunker...3.have you gun close..4.while you are snapping start shotting brfore your marker leaves the bunker so you will have already started shooting by the time you are vulnerable to the enemy.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:09 PM   #74
TeamInfernoCapt

Ready to learn how to snap shoot? Say yes boys and girls! First, (assuming that you are right handed) quickly peek your head out of the LEFT side of the bunker (your weaker side) to find out were your opponents are. Now, move to the right side. Kneel on your right knee, while keeping your left leg crouched (you can have it down too, if it's comfortable for you). When you lean out, keep your elbow in, and aim with your marker directly in front of your face. You should already be aiming at them before they even see you, so you have an advantage. You will also look like a retard aiming like that, but the only thing your opponent can see is the top of your head, and your marker. ALSO- if you are really tall, try to stand so that you can shoot OVER the bunker. Just don't stand up there for long!

Last edited by TeamInfernoCapt : 11-13-2005 at 12:39 PM.
TeamInfernoCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:31 PM   #75
(Phantom)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to (Phantom)
well a good way to snap is to not just snap like u dont give a **** cause thats gonna get u out fast (ull see rocky knuth do that) but another thing is that ppl snap with the hopper sticking out of the bunker (that will grant u a good way to get out of the game) so just make ur barrel stick out of the bunker not ur whole gun.
(Phantom) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:14 PM   #76
-Evilordie-
Guelph Arsenal

Send a message via MSN to -Evilordie-
I snap differantly than people, well it isnt' really snaping here it is

REGULAR SNAPSHOOTING
People will be parralel to the bunker and totaly turn around the corner of the bunker. You guys need to totaly turn your body around the side of the bunker.

bunker
|-------------------|-^

|-------------------|-^
------Paintballer---->->

My WAY
im not parralel with the bunker, so i shift my weight to one side and i automaticaly come clear of the bunker. All i need to do is lean to one side and i can already see to one side.

Bunker
|-------------------|

|-------------------|

-------------------P
-------------------A
-------------------I
-------------------N
-------------------T
-------------------B
-------------------A
-------------------L
-------------------L
-------------------E
-------------------R

Positions and help

1. kneeling on one knee and make sure that the oposite side you are shooting (lets say lefty) that your right leg in up and the rleft leg is down (otherwise, your right leg would be poking out)

(if your snapping like me then its vise versa)

2.THIS ONLY WORKS IF YOU ARE SNAPPING LIKE ME the side you are one (lets say snaping out the right side) your right knee is going to be touching the ground(make sure it doesnt poke out) and you other LEG the whole thing will be straight out to the side, and this way with your left leg, you can push your wight from this leg to push you out, and then with your strong stomach muscles you can pull yourself back in... lol

3.Kneeling on both knees (be careful that nothing poked out.. like you legs)

4. THIS ONLY ONLY WORKS IF YOUR'S SNAPPING LIKE ME This one is hard.. make sure you play it right.. make sure no one can see you.. Well stay about a MAX of one foot away from the bunker, and lean backwards, this should reveal some playing area, it hurts your back but it can make some very nice snap shooting eliminations.

Strategies

1.if your under pressure and a guy knows your there, move around the bunker ALOT, like snap twice from the left side, snap once from the right side snap once from the left side the 3 times from the right... something like that

2. Get a foot away from the bunker and when you start to snap, start to shoot before your maker clears the bunker so that when it does clear the bunker, your already shooting(make sure you arent to close, ive done this and the ball bounced off the bunker and gogged me..

3.This one almost always works..when your snap shooting pop out crouched then next time pop out in prone, then the next time standing up (but make sure to mix it up ex:3 times crouch, 2 times prone, 1 time standing)

VERY RARLY SHOULD YOU POP OUT OVER-TOP OF THE BUNKER!!

when you start to pop up, before you can see anyone else, they will be able to see about 4-5inches of your forehead, and also when you pump your legs up and down, it isnt as fast as using your stomach muscles and the force you use to push up will probably be too much and push you about a foot over the bunker and reveal your whole mask and well.. its not a very safe move, only use it about 3-5 times in a game. But that's my opinion!

Last edited by -Evilordie- : 12-27-2005 at 08:51 PM.
-Evilordie- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:58 AM   #77
SpeedballSniper
Splinter Cell

I guess I'll add my 2 cents to this. Granted, this is only my way of snapshooting, might not work for everyone.

I have a huge drop forward on my timmy, which allows me to slide my gun in nice and tight, with my tank touching my shoulder, so it's even with whatever side I'm shooting (shoulder doesn't stick out past the tank). I then place my palm flat on my drop, giving as little possible profile to my hand as I can, and one finger vibrate the trigger. I hold my regulator in between my thumb and fingers so that they are parallel with my barrel, until I wrap them around the reg. Holding my gun in front of me centered, my fronthand and wrist are parallel to the gun (up and down). To snap left, bend your wrist to the right a bit as you come out. To snap right, go to the center position, and without changing hands, move your tank to your right shoulder, bend your wrist to the left, and shapshoot, switching your aiming eye at the same time. You pivot your gun on your front hand. It was uncomfortable at first, but easy to practise the positions just standing in front of the mirror. The bonus to shooting switch(opposite side you're used to) is that your trigger hand won't ever stick out.. if it does, that means you lost your balance and are screwed anyway.
Black '04 Empire Timmy, Redz Pepper Stickz kit, Reloader B with Black Suicide shell, 70/45 Throttle, Hybrid flow kit, Lady grips, rail, 1/4 turn on/off/bleed, Shocktech superfly bolt, torpedo piston, VIRTUE Board!
Orange to Brown Nasty Shocker, Matching Freak w/ AA front, Hybrid feedneck, old school grips, rail, ASA, adjustable detents, CP reg, SP HE bolt, VIRTUE board, critical trigger, 70/45 Throttle, Black reloader B
SpeedballSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:39 PM   #78
edudcixlsyd
I have the compass!!

check the snapshootin 101 sticky
Old 02-28-2006, 08:25 AM   #79
xtremesnipr223
I hate this ******* name.

Send a message via AIM to xtremesnipr223
I learned this one from a friend:

An important part of snap shooting is to not only be quick and accurate, but also know when to tuck back in. With your full setup, drill with another friend, while he shoots at you. You have no paint, but that's not the point. The point is to test/improve your paintball tracking abilities. Watch the paint coming toward you and only go back in right before you see one coming at your face. As soon as the paint passes by, come out again. Do this over and over...
xtremesnipr223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 09:37 PM   #80
inuyasharox4776
It's the E talking.

Send a message via AIM to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via MSN to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via Yahoo to inuyasharox4776
also it is best not to come out of the same place consistenly more than once. The enemy will notice the pattern and know where you are
inuyasharox4776 is offline   Reply With Quote