pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Air Systems

Old 04-20-2004, 12:06 PM   #41
DaRealAce

Yes but then with the cost of the gas its not even worth it. The best deal as of now is 140 shipped. For a 80F 3000psi
DaRealAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 03:23 PM   #42
Dirk Pitt
DaMan

Send a message via AIM to Dirk Pitt Send a message via Yahoo to Dirk Pitt
Well what ever works for u my friend. Good luck with it.

Jesus is my hero.
John 10:9
Dirk Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 08:51 AM   #43
squanto
RPI club ex-president

I just got back from the dive shop, $140 for a new tank . . .

But seeing as its the only place within a 2 hour drive, and where I will have to get my tank filled

Ah well. They guy who sold it to me told me they only make like $20 off the sale, although for some reason I believe him cause they have each tank they sell shipped to them via UPS individually. And I'm sure thats not cheap.

I live in NH, we have 13 miles of coast line, and I live about 2 hours from it. I'm not surpirsed that this dive shop is expensive. Although I am surprised to have a dive shop in the area.

Thanks for all the info guys / gals!
Once my ACI scuba fill station (in pink no less) gets here, I'll be all set!
Old 06-02-2004, 06:24 AM   #44
been_splat
Stalker looking for work.

Stupid question. Isn't the air you using just standard O2 (Oxygen) that you would find in hospitals and ambulances and such?
been_splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:36 PM   #45
squanto
RPI club ex-president

Quote:
Originally posted by been_splat
Stupid question. Isn't the air you using just standard O2 (Oxygen) that you would find in hospitals and ambulances and such?
Nope. Its the standard air you breath when you walk out your front door (only compressed)

From what I understand, pure O2 when scuba diving is a bad idea, you get high off it.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:55 PM   #46
BourneKiller

Quote:
Originally posted by squanto
you get high off it.
Very... very... high.

There are certain clubs in Vegas where you can breathe pure O2 (flavored), and get pretty high. Besides.. pure O2 is expensive.
Looking for a new paintball marker? Click Here! Looking for the 2007 Proto Matrix VII? Hustle Paintball has them!
BourneKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 05:08 PM   #47
Dirk Pitt
DaMan

Ya o2 is expsensive, but they do use it for dive injurys, pure oxygen helps just about all dive injurys and wont hurt it ether.

Jesus is my hero.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:37 PM   #48
Brett300zx
painting my balls

Send a message via AIM to Brett300zx
First....thanks for all the usefull information...gonna go get 2 scubas soon...

second...i'm pretty sure if you breath in PURE o2, you will die....i'm talking 100%...not related to pb but the post above said about getting hight....its a very small amount and you get light and airy (high), but pure o2 can kill you
Old 07-28-2004, 09:06 PM   #49
ICANSEEYOU7687
Come and swim w/ Fishies

Send a message via AIM to ICANSEEYOU7687
I dunno if someone responded to this...but its to the guy that said

Quote:
Only if you want your pops to kill you...That's akin to asking my dad if I can bleed off some of his acetylene. Pure N2 is expensive. From what I hear it's not an easy gas to obtain, but it is extremely stable.
im not sure what you mean by obtain...but Nitrogen is the most abundant gas in the atmosphere...including what you breathe in...

i dunno...that may have been responded 2 before...but i was 2 lazy 2 read through everything...

and to all the people who say Breathing Pure O2 is bad...well been_splat was right...they use it in hospitals. My dads a doctor...he actually made me do a projects on the effects of breathing Pure O2 and hyperventilating with it, and holding our breaths...i cant really remember much of it...anywayz...I dont remember getting high...but i guess u wouldnt remmber something like that in the 4th grade...

Well we got honorable mention...my dad wasnt happy...ahah, i didnt really care..he did all the work...

sry that was buggin me i had to clear some things up...ahah

See my Marker

Piranha SRT Green/Pewter Fade
J&J Ceramic 12in
Cp green reg with gauge
turbo valve
Maddman Spring Kit
20oz a/s Co2
Boss Bolt
Custom Dyed eggy II
------------------
Soon to come
------------------
68/4500 Nitro
The One Kit

Last edited by ICANSEEYOU7687 : 07-28-2004 at 09:08 PM.
ICANSEEYOU7687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 10:21 PM   #50
BourneKiller

Quote:
Originally posted by ICANSEEYOU7687
im not sure what you mean by obtain...but Nitrogen is the most abundant gas in the atmosphere...including what you breathe in...
Read, dear chap, please.

Pure N2 is not easy to obtain.
Looking for a new paintball marker? Click Here! Looking for the 2007 Proto Matrix VII? Hustle Paintball has them!
Old 07-29-2004, 08:26 AM   #51
ICANSEEYOU7687
Come and swim w/ Fishies

Send a message via AIM to ICANSEEYOU7687
i dunno about that...if they can seperate O2 and give it to hospitals and ambulances and stuff, they could reverse it and get nitrogen out...

i dunno how hard it is 2 obtain...i dont know the process...just a thought...

See my Marker

Piranha SRT Green/Pewter Fade
J&J Ceramic 12in
Cp green reg with gauge
turbo valve
Maddman Spring Kit
20oz a/s Co2
Boss Bolt
Custom Dyed eggy II
------------------
Soon to come
------------------
68/4500 Nitro
The One Kit
ICANSEEYOU7687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 01:28 PM   #52
BourneKiller

Quote:
Originally posted by ICANSEEYOU7687
i dunno about that...if they can seperate O2 and give it to hospitals and ambulances and stuff, they could reverse it and get nitrogen out...

i dunno how hard it is 2 obtain...i dont know the process...just a thought...

It's possible, but it's not as easy as having an air compressor pump away, compressing atmospheric "air."

Pure N2 has to be refined... and all just to shoot out of a paintball gun? Way overly expensive and elaborate, for no significant performance increase.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:10 PM   #53
ViperXT

Hi everyone,

This is an excellent guide I must say.

I mostly practice with a group of 7 guys (2 3-man teams actually, we like the competition). Anyway, we have an outlaw speedball setup that we practice at mostly. The thing is that we have a CO2 fill station already. However, almost half the guys are going HPA. I've already got a 68/3000 and two other guys have 47/3000s, with more guys converting soon probably. The nearest HPA fill area is 45 minutes away and since we'd need multiple fills per practice it really isn't practical.

We'll probably be getting a basic fill station and a scuba, and then add another scuba when we scavenge more cash. My question is:
Do the fill stations out there come with all the fittings that are needed? Or are there some fittings I may need?

Thanks
Air America Raptor 68/4500 - Centerflag 48/3000 - Reloader B - eVLution II
ViperXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 09:01 PM   #54
levi333
"Foreign Kid"

Send a message via AIM to levi333
They come with everything.
Just connect if to your scuba tank and fill away.
Gear
-Evlution2 w/ Y-board -Redz Dimension 4.3 -VForce Shield -Redz Dimension Pants -68/3000 Crossfire Fiber -JT Cover
AIM- foreignkid333
I take Paypal
------------------------------
PBnation.com Feedback,PBreview.com Feedback,
Automags.org Feedback,Ebay Feedback
levi333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 09:16 PM   #55
ViperXT

Superb, looks like I'll be getting this all setup in the near future.
Air America Raptor 68/4500 - Centerflag 48/3000 - Reloader B - eVLution II
ViperXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 11:59 AM   #56
DarkWombat
Can I borrow your paint?

Well, I just ordered an AVI Fill Station off pbgear for $40. My dad's got an old SCUBA tank that's been sitting under the house for a couple years, still full. I keep telling him to get it hydroed now so we can go diving in Monterey but he wants to empty it out first (but isn't this a big safety risk?). It's an aluminum 80/3000 if I'm not mistaken. If you're in the Bay Area, you're in a lotta luck, there's dive shops all over the place, especially around Monterey. The closest one to me is about 15 minutes away so a getting myself a fill station can be very cost-effective, especially since I've already got a tank.

I was talking to my dad (who's been scuba diving for about 25 years) why a hydrotest would be needed for an aluminum tank. Originally, they were needed because all SCUBA tanks were steel at the time, and hydrostatic testing was needed to check for rust on the inside of the tank. Now that most tanks are aluminum, what does a hydrotest do, just check the integrity of the tank?

Oh, and a hydrostatic test costs about $35 depending on where you go, and it takes a couple days to a week to get the tank back.

*EDIT* Oh, and the dive shop I go to is called Wallin's Dive Center, they've got an office in San Mateo and one in Monterey that I'm aware of. Was looking at SCUBA tanks, 80CF/3000 aluminum tanks for $80-$100

Wouldn't it be so cool if you could just wear the tank on your back (I guess you could wear the BCD, put your pods in the side pockets), throw a regulator on and be the most uber backman the world has ever seen? ....just a thought
J&J Edge All Star Kit (10" & 14") / Trinity Clamping Feed Neck / Empire Reloader 12V / Crossfire 47/3000 Tank
'03 Spyder Xtra:
J&J Ceramic Barrel 14" / Dye Xcel Barrel 14" / Bob Long Torpedo Regulator / Dead-on 5 3/4" drop / Kingman Anti-Chop Delrin Bolt / 32 Magnaport Valve / Maddman Spring kit / Drilled Stock VA
...And Some R/C Aircraft...

Last edited by DarkWombat : 08-08-2004 at 12:05 PM.
DarkWombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 02:35 PM   #57
Dirk Pitt
DaMan

ok, u shouldnt have a problem empting the tank beacause if anything it relieves stress on the tank, it would be dangerous to fill it, secondly hydrotest test for integrity.

Jesus is my hero.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:00 PM   #58
DarkWombat
Can I borrow your paint?

Yea, I know it'll have to be hydrotested before it can be filled next time. Well ok I feel a bit better now. My dad stored this thing under the house for nearly 10 years, full, since he last used it. I hope this damned thing passes hydro.
J&J Edge All Star Kit (10" & 14") / Trinity Clamping Feed Neck / Empire Reloader 12V / Crossfire 47/3000 Tank
'03 Spyder Xtra:
J&J Ceramic Barrel 14" / Dye Xcel Barrel 14" / Bob Long Torpedo Regulator / Dead-on 5 3/4" drop / Kingman Anti-Chop Delrin Bolt / 32 Magnaport Valve / Maddman Spring kit / Drilled Stock VA
Old 08-08-2004, 05:42 PM   #59
Dirk Pitt
DaMan

well ull kno if it doesnt pass the hydro cause ull c a BIG hole in it!

Jesus is my hero.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:43 AM   #60
DarkWombat
Can I borrow your paint?

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
'03 Spyder Xtra: