pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Worr Game Products

Old 05-12-2003, 02:38 PM   #21
Audioslave
Drop into Dropzone

Send a message via AIM to Audioslave
Quote:
Originally posted by DyslexikFool
Get a All American and upgrade to the freak kit later on... Custom Products 1 or 2 pieces are better than boomies. Boomies are too picky on paint and just a hype. You pay double for the word "DYE." You can get a mako 14 inch stainless steel for like 50 bucks of www.xpaintball.com .

Look under there specials or autococker section. Mako makes the DYE barrels... Get a CP or All American if you can...
Excuse me son, but DYE makes the DYE barrels, Youngblood wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:12 PM   #22
CoryTLElect

Send a message via AIM to CoryTLElect
Quote:
Originally posted by Audioslave

Excuse me son, but DYE makes the DYE barrels, Youngblood wouldn't have it any other way.
CoryTLElect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 02:22 PM   #23
DyslexikFool
ELYSiUM

Dye subcontracts the boomstick to Mako... a lot of companies sub contract work to other companies....

Mako makes the DYE boomstick under the label DYE, but their agreement is up so now they are sellin Mako barrels which are the same as the dye barrels...

DYE is not an all encompassing company buddy... they outcall lots of work and put their label on it...

Cocker Design -
Custom Cocker Background
Custom Cocker Design

My Sniper Rifle...
My SNiPER
SNiPer2
Sniper3

System X
4 Mi 2 Poop On
DyslexikFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 05:53 PM   #24
cookiemoster16
Meet the Cookie Monster

Send a message via AIM to cookiemoster16
How the heck is a cp 1piece better than a boomy?

Yea I'm into Garbage, Fish, Radiohead, you know, that kinda stuff. My parents don't really like me listening to it but I do anyways cause I AM NOT A ROBOT!!!

Sasquatch! Head for the hills!

Quote:
Originally posted by natty dread
One time, when I was in preschool, I tried to throw a huge rock (at the time huge) over the building. I broke a window.
cookiemoster16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 07:19 PM   #25
DyslexikFool
ELYSiUM

Um... well... lets think about it.

The boomstick is just an overated three letters... DYE... Most of the teams at my proshops prefer using the smarts or custom products kits over the boomies. Boomies are also very picky on paint and way over priced. CP's and Smart Parts perform just as well or better....

My buddy has the same cocker i have with a boomy... he likes my barrel better... it groups tighter...

Cocker Design -
Custom Cocker Background
Custom Cocker Design

My Sniper Rifle...
My SNiPER
SNiPer2
Sniper3

System X
4 Mi 2 Poop On
DyslexikFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 01:02 PM   #26
Shoe3
An Imitation Gato-Cocker

Is an Aradus barrel a good choice for cockers and other closed bolt markers?

Not really. You must realize that the aradus barrel for the cocker, is not really made for a cocker. It has an adapter that is approximatly 3 1/2 inches long, before the sleeve. This means that your velocity flucuates depending on what angle (up or down) you are holding your marker at. There is also a rather large channel down the barrel, causing an aproxximate 15-30 fps DROP, and that is not good. My review dated aproxximatly one year ago is inaccurate, I thought the barrel was great, and my paint was inconsistant. Many people with open bolt markers love their aradus, but I can not reccomend it for closed bolt markers, and I am currently looking at the pipe or a scepter barrel.
Owner of "The Gato-Cocker"its a 2002 Verty Green Cocker with a PMI 48/3000 pure energy, Blue psyco ballistics drop, Lightning bolt with evo pin, sidewinder shorty chrome reg, Freeflow valve, Freeflow Tungsten hammer, Freeflow springs, chrome micro rock (all Freeflow internals+micro rock= NO CHOPS!) and a Powerlyte Scepter SS back 12 incher!

Read my post on players and markers (I am towards the bottom http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138388&perpage=20&pagen umber=3

Member #1 and founder of the ARF- Anti Rumor Faction

CPPA Member 1508
Shoe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 10:29 PM   #27
Lord Kalo

14" vs. 18"

Have any of you ever actually tried comparing the same barrel in 14" and 18"?

Beyond high school physics theory, Colin Thompson's and Tom Kaye's experiments, it really doesn't sound like any of you really have compared the accuracy of a 14" to an 18" side by side.

I spent $40 and actually bought an 18" AA Freak front to find out for myself.

There is 7" of accelleration surface on the 14" AA with 6.5" of ported surface.

There is 11" of accelleration surface on the 18" with 6.5" of ported surface.

So, the difference as you might have guessed is 4" of accelleration surface and not 4 extra inches of wasted ported surface.

My understanding is that once the ball hits the unported surface of the barrel, it stops accelerating and basically bounces around the barrel for the remaining 6.5" to true the shot using friction.

Now, many would suggest that the ported area is just wasted space, but if this is the case why does my 14" Freak with only 7" of acceleration surface have a more consistent shot than my 14" Lapco Big Shot with 13.5" of acceleration surface. My thinking is that while the Lapco may give me a more gas efficient shot, the 6.5" of unported surface somehow contributes to adding stability and consistency to the shot.

Can it be coincidence that the AA barrels all have 6.5" of porting?

Can it also be coincidence that even the 18" AA has under the required 12" of acceleration unported surface?

Could it also be coincidence that while Smart Parts consistently makes some of the lowest pressure markers in the sport, they have yet to find out about the benefits of unported barrels like the Lapco Bigshot, AutoSpirit and AKALMP Javelin?

I once believed the hype that the porting on the AA wasted air and the only benefit of the porting is to reduce noise.
Now, I obviously think there is actually something to this porting that we have yet to find out after comparing my 14" AA to my 14" .689 Lapco Big Shot (Using ALL three of the Lapco bore sizers against the plain .689 Blue Insert which incidentally was too big for the balls).

That purpose being to stop the acceleration of the ball and to use the last 6.5" to guide the ball along its path. With an unported barrel, the ball will continue to accelerate until the point where it hits air and leaves the barrel. I'm not to sure if that's the best way to acheive a consistent shot. I would expect that a low velocity object flying out of a barrel at maximum acceleration would have a tendency to have an inconsistent trajectory compared to an object that has stopped accelerating but is continuing on at a constant velocity after being guided on its path.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted, I plan on testing this weekend. I have no idea what to expect. The worst case scenario would be that I've wasted 40 bucks, but then again I blow that in a few minutes when I walk my trigger. It's only money, I'll make more...

Last edited by Lord Kalo : 06-04-2003 at 10:40 PM.
Lord Kalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 05:46 AM   #28
Lipton
whats this do again?

what would be a good barrel if i shoot Blaze 0.689 ???
Lipton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 12:05 PM   #29
tonysk83
TURAMBAR IS A BABY WAHHHH

Send a message via AIM to tonysk83
lapco bigshot
Old 06-10-2003, 04:44 PM   #30
Lord Kalo

I don't think Blaze is .689

I've found that it drops out of my bore with that insert on a cocker.

I think .684 works better since Blaze tends to be kinda oblong on the short (non-seamed) side of the ball.

Last edited by Lord Kalo : 06-14-2003 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-11-2003, 12:02 PM   #31
Ruthless

I have a GX3 im gonna get a freak back but wut would be better to put fo da front a AA 12" or Freak 10" or 12"or which gives me more wut (Ex. does AA give me more range or does freak give me more accuracy things lik that)?????
Ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 09:16 AM   #32
dawgs712
See ya in the middle...

Send a message via AIM to dawgs712
if u had read any of these posts u wou know that netiher will give u more range, and that accuracy is determined by paint to barrel mathc which in the case of the freak is determinde by which insert you put in the BACK HALF. so front part is ireelevant
dawgs712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 09:08 AM   #33
Ruthless

wut insert do u use most of all with wut paint?? tanx
Ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 09:30 AM   #34
Lord Kalo

Start with .689 first.

Size the ball by blowing it through with your mouth.
If the ball drops out without any force, use the smaller bore.
If the ball is a little tough to blow out, it is most likely the right one.

But, you still should see how your cocker shoots with the insert at the shooting range before you start playing. Sometimes the force from the bolt chambering the ball can cause oval shaped balls to roll out the front.

Basically, start with .689 and move up or down from there.

.689 works well with most of my open bolt markers.
.684 works best with my cocker since most balls aren't perfectly shaped and roll down by barrel if I use .687 and .689 because of the lack of the benefit of a detent when the bolt is closed .

Watch out for small paint like Draxxus Blaze.
.682 or .684 works best there.

.689, .687 and .684 will most likely be your most used inserts.
Old 06-14-2003, 05:23 PM   #35
heyheyhey
PLEASE Read My Signature

Location: . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Send a message via AIM to heyheyhey
use a 687 insert for any diablo to make sure you dont have any breaks with oblong balls
heyheyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 10:06 PM   #36
Ratm
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Have yall seen those hammerhead barrels... they sound cheesey but they say they are designed by the government (our tax dollars at work) and the reviews say they are ******... I'd look into those...

WGP 2002 Vertical Feed Autococker (green)
68/3000 PMI Nitro tank
No name huge black drop forward
KAPP SS cocking rod
KAPP 15* ASA
WGP hinge trigger
12volt with X-board
Freak with Green AA tip
WGP Venturi Bolt

Custom Model 98 (my woods gun)
Flatline
RT
M-4 stock
GTA expansion chamber
Houge Grips
12 oz Co2
Paintball Sniper Supplies Flatline barrel extension
Ratm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 07:25 PM   #37
91cocker

by a hammerhead!!!! www.hammerheadpaintball.com. They are woth every penny
91cocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 08:11 PM   #38
Audioslave
Drop into Dropzone

Send a message via AIM to Audioslave
Quote:
Originally posted by 91cocker
by a hammerhead!!!! www.hammerheadpaintball.com. They are woth every penny
I think just the fact that they list both "autococker" and "matrix" barrels for sale proves they are not worth anything
Old 06-30-2003, 08:03 PM   #39
Ratm
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Ok fine, so the government doesnt know that a matrix uses autococker threadings... forget the hammerhead for a sec. What about the St!ffi by SITE or the Kaner system by WGP they both look good.

And another thing...

Seriously I'm kind of confused when they say the hammerhead was designed by the government(?) how did the United States government get involved in constructing a paintball barrel?... Is this what our taxes go to build? Is Area 51 nothing more than a giant paintball research facility and testing area?

WGP 2002 Vertical Feed Autococker (green)
68/3000 PMI Nitro tank
No name huge black drop forward
KAPP SS cocking rod
KAPP 15* ASA
WGP hinge trigger
12volt with X-board
Freak with Green AA tip
WGP Venturi Bolt

Custom Model 98 (my woods gun)
Flatline
RT
M-4 stock
GTA expansion chamber
Houge Grips
12 oz Co2
Paintball Sniper Supplies Flatline barrel extension
Ratm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 08:56 AM   #40
Frisky
thats me

Send a message via AIM to Frisky
new barrel

i have an outkast autococker and i just replaced the stock barrel with a dye ultralight. the bore size i think is.688.
what would be some good paint to put through it?
Frisky is offline   Reply With Quote