pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Masks

Old 10-01-2007, 01:36 PM   #1
Wisconsinballer
Wisconsin Ballers Unite!

Custom Paint-job on goggles?

I saw a picture of a guys Vforce Profilers and he did a custom digi. camo paintjob on them. It looked awesome! but, he has not been on pbrevew for almost a year. Dose any one know what kind of paint to use and how to do the pattern so it dose not look stupid?
Wisconsinballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:37 PM   #2
cclaxattack30
Banned

Look at curly fry's sig. if you dont know him, just look him up in the member list, then look at his sig and its like "Make your mask pimp" or something like that, and i think it teaches you how to paint your mask camo.
cclaxattack30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:01 PM   #3
Wisconsinballer
Wisconsin Ballers Unite!

His plans were how to turn it into a ghile mask, which I dont want b/c i would think that would be hard to clean off if you got shot in the face.
Wisconsinballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:33 AM   #4
hunterMR1
MR1

Painting Masks

Honestly spray paints would be the cheapest and a Digital Camo pattern Wouldn't be hard at all to do. i found a good plastics spray paint called Krylon Fusion for Plastics.

A simple digital pattern would be easy to make with some card stock and spray paint. Here's a good way to go about it.

1. Remove all peripherals from the mask (i.e. goggles, straps, visor, etc.)
2. Spray a base color, preferably olive drab all over the mask and let dry.
3. In the mean time cut a random pattern of rectangles out of a sheet of card stock and attach it to the mask and spray a different color like black, brown, or another shade of green. Let dry.
4. Use the same pattern, but rotate it 90, 180, or 270 degrees and spray over it in a different color other than the color than the previous step. Let Dry.
5. Repeat step 4 as desired.
6. If you want to spray the visor due so using steps 3-5.
7. After the mask sets ling enough to dry then put it back together and enjoy.

NOTE: Follow paint instructions listed on paint container for safety precausions and painting instuctions such as paint drying time.
hunterMR1 is offline   Reply With Quote