pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > Pump / Stock Markers

Old 04-27-2003, 09:50 PM   #1
e-2

sniper2 vs phantom vsc

Hey, i WANT to get a pump gun, and i had the idea of getting a phantom, but then, i realize that the sniper 2 can be more upgradable ( can convert to/like an autocoker ) + can take more upgrade.

Due of the fact i might ( later on ) get a semi, shall i go for the sniper 2, or just buy a vsc phantom + a other maker later on ???

also, basicaly a sniper 2 is cheaper, but stock barrel sucks, so what would be better, a sniper 2 + vertical air adapter ( directly from cci ) + new barrel ( dye 12" aluminium)

or a vsc phantom ( 45 frame is include ) + t stock ???

( i think both gun + upgrade are same price or near )

help a newb out,
our opinion may ( actually WILL ) make me consider getting or not getting any of those 2 gun

ty

kev
Old 04-27-2003, 10:05 PM   #2
Samiam
cockd lockd ready to rock

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showt...hreadid=131836
Samiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 12:50 AM   #3
C-Mac
Legend

Send a message via AIM to C-Mac
There might be some information on this in the FAQ, but since it's a preference-based decision, it would help if you gave some more information on what you're looking for. Are you looking to play stock class or constant air with a bulk loader or some combination of that? Do you want to be able to switch between stock feed and direct feed? Do you want a heavier or a lighter gun? Are you the kind of person that likes to add things to his gun all the time? Is air efficiency a concern for you? What pump guns have you used and liked (or disliked)? Are you already familiar with Autocockers? I also wanted to mention that the stock Sniper II barrels aren't too bad, they're just not really nice like the Phantom barrels.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:41 AM   #4
TRO

Sniper II or Phantom

Sniper 2, and I agree with C-Mac, the stock barrel is pretty good, I would have stuck with mine if it was ported, just for noise reduction.
You can go straight from the box to the field with the sniper, no need to switch out or change anything.
TRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 10:05 AM   #5
e-2

1. some combination of both.
2. i dont mind if it vf or sc
3. i dont really mind, but we still have to get a difinition of whats light and whats not, avr 3-7 lbs, fully equip
4. I'd REALLY LIKE to trick my gun out, make him sharper as possible
5. i have used a brass ealge ( like pump, does that says enought ?).
? i am not familiar with autococker, but i get used to brass eagle really fast !!!!!!!! so why shouldn't i be able to get use to an autococker style ????

and for last, I'll get a new barel ( for sure )

( except if it a phantom )

Also, i'd like to know if you already saw a t stock on a sniper ????
Is it usefull ????

ty
Old 04-28-2003, 10:42 AM   #6
kazzieman
Stupor Man

Send a message via AIM to kazzieman
The phantom is extremely user friendly. If you want to run a bulk tank you can and you can switch between stock class and hopper bodies easily. It just depends on what you want to play. The prolem with the phant is if you decide you don't want to polay pump you are stuck selling it. The sniper can be converted to a cocker'. But being familiar with a BE and being familiar with a cocker are 2 completly different things. Its like the difference between a 2 piece jigsaw puzzlie and a 10,000 piece. If you want to build a trick phantom check out punisher's customs.

My vote would be buy the phantom. IF you want a semi down the road buy a semi.

I have a t-stock on my phantom, I like it, it helps me aquire a target faster when snap shooting. I don't see why it would be any different on a sniper.
kazzieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 10:55 AM   #7
TRO

The sniper does have a huge assortment of parts, and barrels for you to pick from and you can add a new front end for semi action
The phantom does have advantages as well, I like the VSC, but I'm a die-hard sniper fan. A sniper with a revi & 20oz tank will run about 6lbs. Heavier than the Phantom, but built like a tank.
I noticed no difference of shooting stability with any type of stock.
Kazzieman's got a great point, semi's are so cheap you could always pick up one for a backup.
I've been shooting with snipers since they first came out.
TRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 12:39 PM   #8
Chondro

A new 2003 Sniper will run you about $250 and a new Phantom direct feed, vertical ASA, 45 frame will run you $215 from Punisher Customs. I am in the same situation and am still having trouble deciding. I like the fact that the Phantom is alot lighter, has auto-trigger, changeable between stock class and direct feed, easily stripped down (two hand screws), and more efficient. On the other hand the Sniper/Cocker-pump is alot more upgradeable. You can have a double duty gun (pump and semi). I was planning to build a custom Autococker/pump and after I added it all up it came to some thing like $700-800 for a custom body, DYE frame, etc. The funny thing is that if I were to try to sell that same gun two weeks later I could probably only get $500 for it. The resale for Autocockers are really bad. Just something to think about.
Chondro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 01:17 PM   #9
Crazy Mills
Worlds Apart

Send a message via ICQ to Crazy Mills Send a message via AIM to Crazy Mills
Chondro brings up a good point. Contrary to the Sniper/Autococker, Phantoms have a very high resale value, somewhere around 60%-70% of the original price.
PbMaxx Under-Cocking mod
Clear Parts

Montneel Mega-Z #614
Crazy Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 02:35 PM   #10
suxmacocker
Sniper2 l3iatch

Send a message via AIM to suxmacocker
I'm for the Sniper2.Its a lil heavier but built stronger IMO.Stockclass is really not a big deal to me i like constant air and more than 20rd before i have to reload.With the Sniper2 being born again as a autococker i dont think that u can really beat that.2 markers in one!!! This is my suggestion if u have the cash.Get a Autococker and a Sniper2 conversion kit at the same time.
suxmacocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 06:54 PM   #11
C-Mac
Legend

I noticed that you were in Canada, so a good place for you to buy a Sniper might be http://www.unlikelyheroes.ca/marker/pumps.shtml . They also have Phantoms, but I didn't check the prices. If you really like adding stuff to your gun, the Sniper may be better for you. A lot of the upgrades won't mean much for the Sniper, but would have a greater effect in Autococker form.

If you want to run twelve grams or a stock class feed, the Phantom is a better bet. As long as you're running a hopper and constant air, the Sniper is great. You could get a pretty snazzy phantom with cool annodizing and clear parts. I think the annodizing is a great value.

I'm having a difficult time giving a recommendation one way or the other. Both are great guns.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:42 PM   #12
e-2

humm

can i trust them ???

i hear bad comments about unlikely

i toughted about vbw ( are they trust worthy ) ( anyway vbw price are better than unlikely ( but i wont have to pay the shipping if i have to )

so can i REALLY trust unlikely ?
Old 04-30-2003, 12:04 AM   #13
C-Mac
Legend

I've never dealt with them, someone just mentioned that their prices were good.