pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Brass Eagle

Old 01-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
dued711

Send a message via AIM to dued711
Exclamation Marauder "burping" problem!!!

I finally got a new pull pin for my marauder (friend lost one of them on the field ) as well as a new O-ring for the striker. I cleaned the marker real well, and noticed that the striker O-ring that wasn't really that dinged up, so I lubed it and left it on the striker instead of replacing it. Anyway, I air up the gun with my HPA tank, and when I pull the trigger, it fires, and then it seems to fire once or twice more before settling in the un-cocked position, I believe the term for this is "burping." Now, I haven't put my new striker O-ring on yet, but I have confirmed that there is no paint or dirt in the marker or on the bolt, and the bolt was properly installed. As a side note, the 2 O-rings on the bolt are VERY worn, and have expanded and have a good many scratches. The place I bought the striker O-ring and pull pins from said that the manufacturer stopped making the O-ring for the bolt, and that I couldn't purchase it. Does this mean that Brass Eagle makes their own O-rings a size that doesn't exist elsewhere? Would I be able to pick up some size O O-rings (that's the size it says the bolt O-ring is) at Home Depot or something, or does it need to be the specific one advertised for the Marauder? Sorry for the super long question, thanks for any help!
Old 01-23-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
Zofarr

If you have an o-ring from the striker, take it to home depot with you, and you should be able to find one of that size, I don't think brass eagle has propriatery o-rings. replace them all lube it up and see if the problem persists.

EDIT: Marauders are odd markers, after a few hundred casses the breech becomes de-formed because it is made of plastic, when this happens, the marker is dead.
Yes I am going to put it in the Ultimate Sticky after folks have a chance to find it since nobody ever reads stickies.
Meaning... Read the stickies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw

Last edited by Zofarr : 01-23-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Zofarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #3
Headhunter

Your return spring (main spring) or valve spring may be weakening or not strong enough. Your sear/sear notch could also be worn. Check your sear spring also.
Recreational Paintball Player with a Professional Attitude POG#854

Quote:
Originally Posted by llSmithll
i live in missouri....our dog sled teams are not that competitive....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Wayz View Post
I know this is a forum, but do you plan on doing any research yourself or are you planning on having all of us spoonfeed it to you?
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
WhiteRiverPB

The 4 things that wear the most in a blowback paintball gun are the drive spring, sear, hammer and hammer o-ring.

Check those.
WhiteRiverPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
wolf16731
Gunslinger

Send a message via Yahoo to wolf16731
Usually, Brass Eagle uses "tank" orings that are used throughout the gun. Basically, pick up orings made for your co2 tank and those should be the right size.

-Tippmann 98 ACT (click here for pics and mods)
-Tippmann "B5" (click here for pics and mods)
-Tippmann TPX on preorder
wolf16731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #6
Ironman289
Paintball......

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf16731 View Post
Usually, Brass Eagle uses "tank" orings that are used throughout the gun. Basically, pick up orings made for your co2 tank and those should be the right size.
Yep^^^
In fact Spyder, Pirhana, JT(some, not all) Rebel, and a few other Spyder clones orings can all be replaced with your standard co2 tank orings, hammer, bolt and valve (stock one) and some of the ball detents are interchangeable as well.
Ironman289 is offline   Reply With Quote