pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Masks

Old 09-20-2004, 05:52 PM   #121
STRIDER2800

TWO WORDS DOLLAR STORE BUY CHEAP WALKIE TALKIE THERES A 9V CONNECTOR AND WIRE THEN GET 2 FANS AND A SWITCH ALL IN ALL AROUND $10 OR LESS
STRIDER2800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:34 PM   #122
yeshess

Send a message via AIM to yeshess Send a message via Yahoo to yeshess
Great ideas

Just got through reading all the pages in this post. Great ideas by all. Someone said earlier on wy bother go through all this and not just use some anti-fog spray or wipe. Well....i believe that it's not just the idea of going no-fog but it's the fact that you can do it yourself and be to customise it to your liking.

I myself will be trying a combinations of suggestions and I will post my findings and pictures as well.

GREAT JOB GUYS. Hope this Thread never gets OLD.....
Old 10-01-2004, 08:14 PM   #123
Avery_mac
Banned

i bought anti fog spray for hockey and sprayed it on and when it fogged it caked on the fog so it was even worse plus what if you forget to put on the spray and the fan keep you cool less sweat ... i put one fan in mine a mini one works great maybe i will put in another ... the guy said get everything for less then $10 not true .. one little fan is $15 at radio shack
Avery_mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 12:16 PM   #124
Maxx102

Since no one has had any plans on how to fan a Vforce Profiler - I went ahead and I am in the process of making one.....I am almost finished and I will post some pics of it when I am I done.
Maxx102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 04:46 PM   #125
Avery_mac
Banned

i bought a fan from radio shack and it was about $15 dollars .. i cut a square hold in the visor then cut a hole into top plastic above the mask lens and made a vent out of plastic (6th picture) then i went and got an old broken answer machine and took out the 9 volt cord and wired it to the fan and zip tied it to the mask . then i made a box out of plastic and duck taped over it to hold the batterie and then i ziped tied the box in . and then i put the batterie in and know i have my own home made defogger fan .. just like the first guy except one fan works good to.

Last edited by Avery_mac : 10-11-2004 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:28 AM   #126
MaxLax44
Little Assassin

Send a message via AIM to MaxLax44
Unhappy Great Idea but its actually kinda pointless

I looked and most good fans that are small like 2.5 or 3 inches are 20 bucks, if you get 2 which you'll probably need thats 40 bucks. Plus you need the wiring and the chance of butchering your mask. The reaseon its kinda pointless is cause most of the fans you can buy that fit into masks are 40 to 50 bucks and they fit in nice and snug without the battery case on the side. There even cheaper on eBay too. Not trying to be mean or anything, great idea and all but its the same price for people unlike you who cant just go to the stock room and take the stuff. Great idea though.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel how warm it is.
98% of american teenagers have tried pot. if you are part of the 2% that hasnt, put this in your signature.
My Feedback

Its impossible to lick your elbow. 70% of people who read this try to lick their elbow

HALO2
Gamertag=MaxLax44
MaxLax44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 07:53 PM   #127
Avery_mac
Banned

well heres the point .. scott googles doesn't make a fan for my mask
Old 10-12-2004, 02:48 AM   #128
MaxLax44
Little Assassin

ok that would make alot of sense then but you still got the parts out of a stock room it would have ended up being 40-50 anyway.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel how warm it is.
98% of american teenagers have tried pot. if you are part of the 2% that hasnt, put this in your signature.
My Feedback

Its impossible to lick your elbow. 70% of people who read this try to lick their elbow

HALO2
Gamertag=MaxLax44
Old 10-14-2004, 04:33 PM   #129
Avery_mac
Banned

mine costed $18.00 all and all CANADIAN DOLLARS i went to radio shack got a fan for $18.00 and made a box out of duck tape twist tied it on

cost

twist ties ... free had them already
duck tape ... free had them already
9v batter ... hat it already
9v battery connector ... had it already
fan $18.00 canadian

total 18.00

i works better than my friends real mask with a fan.. becasue mine can defog peoples glasses paintball fans only defog the lens to extra blow
Old 10-15-2004, 03:23 AM   #130
MaxLax44
Little Assassin

I thought you got 2 fans?

My Feedback

HALO2
Gamertag=MaxLax44
Old 11-01-2004, 11:23 AM   #131
Alpine
Woodsball baby!

so any more updates on which direction the air flow should be going?

1 fan: air in, or air out?
2 fans: both in, both out, alternating

2 fans: right next to eachother, 1 on either side of mask, one high one low?

I'm getting ready to do this to my VForce Armor, just for the fun of it.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:31 AM   #132
Alpine
Woodsball baby!

Also, what about noise?
The one time I used a rental mask with a fan in it, it was real noisy!
Not like other people could hear me,
but I mean when it was on I felt like I couldn't hear people sneaking around the woods, like it would cover up leaves rustling, etc.
Are these 'brushless' computer fans quieter than the ones that come stock on masks?
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 08:45 PM   #133
Avery_mac
Banned

My Nasty But Anti Fog Machine Of A Mask

i started with a scott vectra mask.. 2 computer fans from video cards fans .. a on/off switch a 9 volt connecter and so cords.. i cut two holes into the visor then took a plastic/ cardboard container and cut it up to make vents for the air to go threw then i hot guled the fans on and wired it all up and zip tied it all up then made a little batterie holder out of duck tape then zip tied that ot the side.. and it works great and its quiet except when my hair goes into the fan and creats fun.. and hurting ...

What I Started With

Top View

See The Vents channels Made Out Of Cardboard
Old 11-15-2004, 11:47 AM   #134
nerdcore
Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine
so any more updates on which direction the air flow should be going?

1 fan: air in, or air out?
2 fans: both in, both out, alternating

2 fans: right next to eachother, 1 on either side of mask, one high one low?

I'm getting ready to do this to my VForce Armor, just for the fun of it.
1 fan - air in.
2 fans - choice is yours but have at least one blowing in. Anywhere above the lens works, although in the center is preferable for even coverage.

The noise isn't a problem. You won't notice when you're playing.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:55 AM   #135
nerdcore
Legend

Cost!

Prices vary from place to place & parts used to customize each fan mod but the cost shouldn't be ridiculous.

Mine was under $20 & i bought the main parts at Radio Shack (40mm cpu fan, 9v connectors, switch). Batteries, shrink tubing & electrical tape/zip ties can be found almost anywhere and any paintballer should already have 2 of those things at all times.

Of course, Froogle is your friend. I could've saved a few bucks doing that instead.

Also, 40 mm is too big for VForces & JTs without extensive mask manipulation & creativity. Search for 25mm fans (you'll need at least 2 because of the size).

Last edited by nerdcore : 07-01-2005 at 11:38 AM.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 04:53 PM   #136
TheBoss429
I Hate People

Re: Be Good!

Quote:
Originally posted by Killer Kat
Radio Shack wouldn't like that! Them boys have got technology hanging all over there stores! (spy camaras)
Plus all the staff will be watching because they have nothing else to do since u are the only one in the store due to their major high prices on every common part and even higher prices on rare parts.
talons and blades are OK but for speedball ur gonna be like a couple of mennonites in radio shack...
Black SP ION w/ Empire Reloader B, NDZ QEV, Sp Q-Lock, CiP Unimount2, and 48/3000 PMI HP HPA Tank
On Backorder:
Empire 4pc kit
AND YES I KNOW THE ION IS NOT THE BEST GUN EVER!
TheBoss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 03:40 PM   #137
Windu

I am not big into wiring, but 2 5 volt fans in series will run off a 9 volt battery? Or does it need 10 volts?
Thanks,
James

Last edited by Windu : 01-31-2005 at 04:14 PM.
Windu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 03:26 PM   #138
INVISNIPER

I think it will run, just slower.

I hear the home-rigged fans are quieter, but how about the bought fans? Do they do the job just as good?
INVISNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:40 PM   #139
spudz

You guys are hardcore, I just use one of those dollar store fans taped onto my proflex, Have to get a new one everytime it gets shot off.

Back to the bush for me
spudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 05:39 AM   #140
yeshess

Send a message via AIM to yeshess Send a message via Yahoo to yeshess
Has anyone ever tried this on a JT HEADSHIELD??? I'm getting a headsheild an thinking of trying it. I'll post my results unless someone has any input.