pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > ACI

Old 05-10-2008, 10:33 AM   #1
Zafbot

My ACI Maverick

Hello all, i just purchased an aci maverick to play woodsball with my friends, but i have some questions about it, and if anyone could answer them, i would be very grateful.

1. When i first got the marker, i took off the handle thing and looked inside the marker ( im a very curious person ). Tha when i put the handle back on, the trigger would not work. After some fiddling around with it, i guess its working again now. But than i looked at it again, put the handle back on, i fiddled around with it a second time, and inserted the higher velocity spring, at first it wasnt working, again i fiddle around with some metal peice thats connected to the spring, and its working again now. What did i do to make it work? Im not sure, but i want to know incase i have a problem with the gun again. I think it was because i aligned the metal peice with the trigger mechanism thing on the handle, but im not sure. And another time the trigger thing just stopped working randomly after i took it apart, but for right now its working.

2. I have read that small bore paintballs are the best for this marker..could someone elaborate on that, such as what brands are small bore, etc.

Im not that new to paintball...i used to play all the time a few years ago, and i would just buy paint and use that, but ive had the urge to play lately without spending alot of money.

Sorry for the extremly long post, but im extremly interested in how this guns trigger mechanism/spring/pump works, so i can upgrade it,fix it if it gives me any problems. thanks.
Zafbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:45 PM   #2
ZZ rai
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zafbot View Post
Hello all, i just purchased an aci maverick to play woodsball with my friends, but i have some questions about it, and if anyone could answer them, i would be very grateful.

1. When i first got the marker, i took off the handle thing and looked inside the marker ( im a very curious person ). Tha when i put the handle back on, the trigger would not work. After some fiddling around with it, i guess its working again now. But than i looked at it again, put the handle back on, i fiddled around with it a second time, and inserted the higher velocity spring, at first it wasnt working, again i fiddle around with some metal peice thats connected to the spring, and its working again now. What did i do to make it work? Im not sure, but i want to know incase i have a problem with the gun again. I think it was because i aligned the metal peice with the trigger mechanism thing on the handle, but im not sure. And another time the trigger thing just stopped working randomly after i took it apart, but for right now its working.

2. I have read that small bore paintballs are the best for this marker..could someone elaborate on that, such as what brands are small bore, etc.

Im not that new to paintball...i used to play all the time a few years ago, and i would just buy paint and use that, but ive had the urge to play lately without spending alot of money.

Sorry for the extremly long post, but im extremly interested in how this guns trigger mechanism/spring/pump works, so i can upgrade it,fix it if it gives me any problems. thanks.
Most of the time, your gun "won't work correctly" because of the way you put it back together. I done it countless times. You just need to get used to taking it apart and re-aligning everything back to the way it was. Just "fiddle" around with it more.

You mentioned about the gun using small bore paintballs. I assume you still have your stock barrel on there. The bore size of the paintball is depended on what barrel you use. If you use a barrel with a large bore size, then you need large bore size paintballs, and vice versa with smaller bore size. Get a after market barrel like this. This barrel will be useful. I have one on my gun

Last edited by ZZ rai : 05-12-2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: I can't spell for jack.
ZZ rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:42 AM   #3
Zafbot

thanks for your help zz.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:43 PM   #4
Zafbot

rollouts

ZZ, do you have any methods/tips to stopballs from rolling out of the barrel after the guns been pumped? Anyone else have any tips?
Old 05-18-2008, 10:48 PM   #5
ZZ rai
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zafbot View Post
ZZ, do you have any methods/tips to stopballs from rolling out of the barrel after the guns been pumped? Anyone else have any tips?
First step is to find a barrel that you will stick to for good amount of time. Once you found your barrel, it is time to match paint. It is just test and experience. You can go around other forums and look at their stickies for paint and barrel matches. But most of the time, I think the best way to find out what paint matches your barrel is not from reading, but from your personal experience.

I use PMI/RPS Premiums on all my barrels. I have a J&J Ceramic on my Maverick, and there are no roll outs.
ZZ rai is offline   Reply With Quote