pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > 32 Degrees

Old 09-13-2003, 09:02 PM   #221
FuzZyXL
Montana 'Baller

Send a message via ICQ to FuzZyXL Send a message via AIM to FuzZyXL
Cowman: You're only a 'newb' if you make yourself out to be one. Asking for help is opening the door to a larger world.

About the leak in the bottomline: check the o-ring on your CO2 tank. If a new o-ring doesn't solve the problem, the pin on the tank is being engaged too soon. First, try other tanks on your marker and your tank on other markers to determine where the problem lies. Whatever the problem, it should be repaired by an airsmith. Should be a simple(cheap) fix. Alternately, you could sidestep the problem by purchasing an on/off CA adapter like this one. The part should cost between $30 and $50 new. The idea is to be able to screw the tank in completely before engaging the valve pin. This is one of the reasons I use a remote system. I hate to tell you to buy something you've already bought, so I strongly recommend to price both options before deciding.

about upgrades: Play with your marker a lot before you start pouring money into it. At this point, your money is probably better spent on paint, air, and field fees to get your skills and knowledge up. If you decide you don't like the feel, it's gripframe or dropforward time. If you want accuracy, get a nice barrel and MATCH YOUR PAINT TO IT. The younger brother of accuracy is consistency. If you're in a warm climate, a regulator for CO2 could make a big difference over the chrono. Cold climates might indicate HPA, but only if you can get cheap and easy fills, play enough to warrant the expense, and are plagued by liquid CO2 problems.
Spend time with players. Play mostly at your own skill level, but don't be afraid to step into deeper water to test the temperature. See what players are using. Ask them if you can try out their markers. Find out what you like, and what you don't BEFORE you start upgrading. Way back in the ancient times, I spent all my money on stuff for my rebel. It looked tight, but I couldn't afford to play. Take a lesson from my mistake.

Long story short: Just play. Lots.
FuzZyXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 11:41 AM   #222
chaostheory

broken rebel '02

A friend gave me this gun one day because he broke it and wanted me to fix it. This gun leaks CO2 whenever any bottle it screwed in. i tried to fix it by stripping the gun but found that the cocking rod was broken, and in order to strip it you need to be able to screw out the cocking rod. Could I get any ideas for fixing either problems? thanks.
chaostheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 12:10 PM   #223
spazzonater

Mods

These are what i've done

home made drop forward
terminater barrel
sanded hopper for smoother flow
took slak out of trigger

what i want to do

take more out of trigger
better bolt
revy
compressed air

Do i need to do anything to setup my gun for air? And could anybody help me on what to get for the bolt and how to take out more out of the trigger
spazzonater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 01:24 PM   #224
chaostheory

cup seal

does anyone know where i can find a cup seal for a rebel '02? 888 is the only one i know of that sells that kind of stuff and they were out of stock.

oh yea, i dont think you can get a better bolt for the rebel spazzonator.

Last edited by chaostheory : 12-02-2003 at 01:26 PM.
chaostheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 03:05 PM   #225
ScotiaRebel
Harvard Yard

Send a message via AIM to ScotiaRebel
e-mail,
tj@nationalpaintballsupply.com
he might be able to help
or
try your local field/supply store
Old 12-02-2003, 03:34 PM   #226
spazzonater

you can get a new bolt, it's by bob long, the cyclon and you can get a delrun bolt too.
spazzonater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 09:31 AM   #227
DragonX8806
-Impulse-

Send a message via AIM to DragonX8806
Hey i just bought a rebel 02 xtreme and id like to know some suggested upgrades while still leaving the outside pretty much the same, i dont mind getting a new trigger but everything else i like.

i still have to buy a steel braided hose.
---------------------------
Useful Links
http://pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149082&highlight=how+to +get+sponsor
----------------------------------
Waiting to buy:

Blue Halo B w/ Rip Drive
HPA Crossfire 68ci/3000psi
Blue Vision Impulse, w/ blade trigger and vertical reg.

After, a ND delrin bolt
Blue Low Rise Twister Feed
W.A.S. Equilizer Board
-----------------------------------
DragonX8806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 10:16 PM   #228
FuzZyXL
Montana 'Baller

Send a message via ICQ to FuzZyXL Send a message via AIM to FuzZyXL
okay, the problem with the broken linkage pin is a tough one. What you need to do is remove the back pin, take out the hammer spring, pull the bolt fully back. Now, if you can get some sort of angled tool into the lower body tube, you can actually lever the link pin free. the hammer actually has a hole going all the way through from the top to the inside of the tube. if you can find a good picture of a striker, you'll know what you mean.

about upgrades (spazzonater):
Air is nice if you can get fills where you plan to play. This upgrade will transfer nicely to another marker, should you decide to upgrade. Not much is necessary to prepare for this upgrade, if you've got a bottomline ASA. Some like to have a dropforward, but that's up to you. A used steel HPA tank with some life until its next hydro can be had on the cheap. Buying a tank with an adjustable output pressure will give you versatility, and let you tune your marker toward more gas-efficient operation, but will cost more. Consider the costs and availability of HPA in your area before you jump in.

The ONLY type of bolt it's remotely worth your money to buy (imho, of course)is of the lightweight polymer variety, but these require special care. My verdict: Don't bother.

A used 9 or 12v revy is kind of nice, and can be had very cheaply used. IMHO, not necessary for woods ball on a mechanical marker. I can fan my mech. rebel as fast as I can and my good old VL-200 still keeps up.

The best way to upgrade your trigger is an electro frame. IIRC, '02 rebels are grip-compatible with spyders. Ebay or message boards. This one can be kind of spendy. If you feel awesome, you might be able to pick up someone's nonfunctional electro-spyder (as long as the electronics are good) and slap the frame on your rebel. This upgrade is likely to necessitate the purchase of an agitated hopper.

About upgrades: (DragonX8806)
the single most important thing, I cannot stress enough is paint-to-barrel match.
You said you like the lines of your marker how it is, so, just buy paint that fits your barrel. The good folks at the field where you play should be able to sell you paint that fits nicely. Steel braided hose is a personal preference thing. It's durable. Good if you're rough with your marker when you play. Read the second half of my previous post.

... and I'm spent.

Last edited by FuzZyXL : 02-28-2004 at 10:23 PM.
FuzZyXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 10:36 AM   #229
Tjc1088
Soul Assassins

a friend of mine has a problem with his rebel and gave it to me to try to fix... please give any information to help...

first off. when you try to cock the gun the bolt wont move.... when you try to remove the bolt it wont come out, just slides back and forth in the chamber....

im not sure what elese i can say... maybe somone has had the same problem ... anyone know?

2k2 vert feed cocker, dye stikies, ans slider, stok barrel
~~Soul Assassins Website~~
paintball=life :-)
Soul Assassins sponsor:
click here to visit our sponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by bdaniel08
wouldn't it be cool to have a pimped talon
Tjc1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 01:01 PM   #230
DownWifDat

Hey does anyone know about any bolt or other recomended upgrades for a rebel le?

http://www2.888paintball.com/product...15474493496625

I've seen the bob long, but will that fit the le? If so is it worth it. Something that's less than 30 bucks can't be that important can it?

Last edited by DownWifDat : 03-09-2004 at 01:18 PM.
DownWifDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 06:35 PM   #231
ImaREBEL

Question

I have a rebel 02 bottomline and when i shoot it the balls only travel a few feet if that and my bolt does not recock itself properly. its not the c02 its full cause it works on my tippmann i have no idea and it is driving me crazy trying to figure it out i have had it apart at least 15 time trying to get it together the right way any help would be great thanx
ImaREBEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 07:03 AM   #232
travsstuff
I M POOR

Send a message via AIM to travsstuff Send a message via Yahoo to travsstuff
When I pull the trigger sometimes the trigger does not trip the sear. Any help.
My Setup

-Spyder Victor body
-'04 ESP frame (3/4mm pull, no spring)
-3A barrel
-TSC valve system
-TSC striker
-dragun reg

Pic
travsstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 06:09 PM   #233
spyder939

Exclamation my 02 xtreme is messed up

i dont realy know what is wrong. the thing that lets the hammer go by dosent go down far enough. if u can help please do.
spyder939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 06:52 AM   #234
death1989angel
My gun Down

Send a message via AIM to death1989angel
test
death1989angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 05:33 PM   #235
joseakapimp27

Send a message via AIM to joseakapimp27
hey i have a problem with my rebel and was wondering if guys will help ok heres the deal when i put my air tank 20 ounce co2 on the gun the air escapes from the front of the gun so does anyoen know what i can do??
joseakapimp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 07:11 AM   #236
cordobba77

hps or co2

should i use co2 or a high pressure system.
cordobba77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 08:09 AM   #237
iso2005

Send a message via AIM to iso2005
Rebel problems

i need help. i have an electronic rebel btb and i have had problems with it since i got it last year. my first problem was that whenever i pulled the trigger the sear woudnt trip but i think that problem is fixed somewhat it still tends to do it from time to time. then awhile back it started leaking air from the asa. i got it sealed at a paintball shop but it still does it. and just this past weekend i went to play and i found that i couldnt get the gun to shoot over 200fps. i took it to the field owner and he field stripped the gun only to find that the pin that connects the hammer and the bolt is snapped in half. i have yet to play a full match with this gun (due to problems) since i got it last year for christmas. i have been thinking about trying to save up for an impy and selling the rebel. i could use all the help i could get and i would like to save the 500 bucks it would cost for the imp.
iso2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 08:20 AM   #238
clown_13_2001
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Send a message via AIM to clown_13_2001 Send a message via Yahoo to clown_13_2001
Re: Rebel problems

Quote:
Originally posted by iso2005
i need help. i have an electronic rebel btb and i have had problems with it since i got it last year. my first problem was that whenever i pulled the trigger the sear woudnt trip but i think that problem is fixed somewhat it still tends to do it from time to time. then awhile back it started leaking air from the asa. i got it sealed at a paintball shop but it still does it. and just this past weekend i went to play and i found that i couldnt get the gun to shoot over 200fps. i took it to the field owner and he field stripped the gun only to find that the pin that connects the hammer and the bolt is snapped in half. i have yet to play a full match with this gun (due to problems) since i got it last year for christmas. i have been thinking about trying to save up for an impy and selling the rebel. i could use all the help i could get and i would like to save the 500 bucks it would cost for the imp.
The sear not tripping is because of the battery. Are you using a rechargable 9.6v or just a 9v? Sometimes just the 9v doesn't cut it.

Teflon all of your hose's connectors. Change the oring on your tank.

Get a spyder spring kit so you can get the gun over 200 fps.
clown_13_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 11:33 AM   #239
iso2005

Send a message via AIM to iso2005
Re: Re: Rebel problems

Quote:
Originally posted by clown_13_2001

The sear not tripping is because of the battery. Are you using a rechargable 9.6v or just a 9v? Sometimes just the 9v doesn't cut it.

Teflon all of your hose's connectors. Change the oring on your tank.

Get a spyder spring kit so you can get the gun over 200 fps.
Im using a 9v right now and i bought the 32 degrees spring kit but it didnt help any
iso2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 01:40 PM   #240
clown_13_2001
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Send a message via AIM to clown_13_2001 Send a message via Yahoo to clown_13_2001
Re: Re: Re: Rebel problems

Quote:
Originally posted by iso2005

Im using a 9v right now and i bought the 32 degrees spring kit but it didnt help any
Yah, I would invest in a java rechargable battery and charger.

What spring combination were you using?
clown_13_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote