pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > 32 Degrees

Old 12-15-2001, 05:12 AM   #41
rios_creos
Banned

yes, i also suggest keeping the rebel, and most other people will tell you the same thing. your wife's in for a suprise when you start spending a couple hundred bucks a month to go play .

but my friend had a samuri (Brass Eagle) and it chopped balls like crazy, so he bought a raptor(brass eagle) that was okay until he started to shoot it for prolonged periods of time, also it was very very shiny and looked like a brick so he returned it (we play in the woods), and now he has a spyder 1, which he loves alot, he's put a new expansion chamber on it and is planning on getting a new barrel soon.

so i would say stay with the rebel, because you can get lots of cool stuff for it and no one will bash you for having a BE.
although i personally don't bash anyone no matter what gun they have, its the player that makes the gun.

oh and as for bps, the raptor is CAPABLE read* Capable of cycling 10 balls per second, but in reality the trigger pull is too hard to achieve any more than 4. while the rebel on the other hand, is known as having the shortest trigger pull of the low end blowbacks. 6 bps is what anyone can shoot with the rebel, i've been clocked pulling 8 (without a trigger job )

also, anyone else have a deluxe out there, and if they do, how hard is it to take out the pins in your trigger frame, for me its impossible, i think the only way to do it would be to put it in a clamp and beat it out with a chunk of titanium. when i try to use nails or allen wrenchs they just get bent out of shape.

thanks
rios_creos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 07:13 AM   #42
-RuShPB227-

Send a message via AIM to -RuShPB227-
i say go with the rebel because brass eagle has the worst reputation of all paintball products. you can get a j&j or CP barrel for about $50, shocktech drop forward about $35, 6 stage expansion chamber with fittings for like $40. After that you will have a nice setup. I used to have a Rebel and I had a 12" Teardrop on it. It shot pretty well but sometimes it did mess up. It was never hard to fix it though. Now I have my IMPY!..... I say if you have to pick between the 2, go for rebel.
68/4500 Hyperflow 420
--------------------------------
2001 Impulse
Voodoo Bolt
Voodoo Front Ca
Evil Back Cap
Blade
Stickies
*For Sale*
-RuShPB227- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 07:27 AM   #43
Drax
Master of Submissions

Thanks...

Thanks for the advise. After all that I have read over the net I am going to keep both guns, but make the Rebel my main weapon. I am thinking of trading my Rebel in for a Rebel LE. Would that be a good choice?

Do the barrels that fit the Rebel fit the Rebel LE? I figured I could save some money by buying a gun that came with an expansion chamber and bottomline, instead of buying them seperate. Plus if I go with the LE I won't have to mod my gun to a rear cocker.

I was looking at buying a 6 level expansion chamber from 888paintball.com, along with a terminator barrel, but they don't sell a bottomline kit that I saw there. It looks like they just sell the parts to make a bottom line.

Should I upgrade my Rebel or get a Rebel LE and just buy a new barrel?

Drax the Destroyer
Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 08:16 AM   #44
-RuShPB227-

yeah both the rebel and rebel LE have spyder threads, so they can take the same barrels.

IG247
68/4500 Hyperflow 420
2001 Impulse
Voodoo Bolt
Voodoo Front Ca
Evil Back Cap
Blade
Stickies
*For Sale*
Old 12-15-2001, 11:40 AM   #45
Villhime98c
Captain of Team Sandstorm

Send a message via AIM to Villhime98c
My friend has a rebel and it always seems to act up evertime we go to play. It will sputter every 5 shots even on a full tank in addition to chopping paint. Sometimes it won't even recock. My friends cousin got a rebel and it did the same thing. They brought thier rebels into the shop and they say the people there fixed them, and that they worked fine in the shop, but everytime we go to play thier rebels are always screwing up. Can anybody tell me what the problem is? Are all rebels like this? And have other players encounterd similar problems? Please excuse my ignorance I'm used to tippmanns.
Villhime98c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 02:34 PM   #46
P8ntballer

Location: Oceanside, California, Home of Camp Pendelton Paintball Park, and Cobra Paintball
Oh you shoot Tippmanns j/k, not all Rebels are like that, just some, sounds like a sear/trigger related problem. Oh and what kind of Rebels do they have.

>>>>>>>Pink Floyd Mafia <<<<<<<
P8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 04:02 PM   #47
Villhime98c
Captain of Team Sandstorm

Send a message via AIM to Villhime98c
My friend and his cousin both have normal rebels with bottomlines. No other upgrades.
Villhime98c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 09:12 PM   #48
P8ntballer

Location: Oceanside, California, Home of Camp Pendelton Paintball Park, and Cobra Paintball
Hmm... Chopping with regulars and BLs dont usually happen so, make sure the feed plug is at the right place, and keep the gun oiled and the sear greased.

>>>>>>>Pink Floyd Mafia <<<<<<<
P8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 04:31 AM   #49
-RuShPB227-

Make sure you are using the right oil. double check and make sure you arent lubing your gun with DOW33. Use Gold Cup. My feild owner coated my rebels bolt with dow and it was screwing up. I dont have my rebel anymore.
68/4500 Hyperflow 420
2001 Impulse
Voodoo Bolt
Voodoo Front Ca
Evil Back Cap
Blade
Stickies
*For Sale*
Old 01-28-2002, 02:24 AM   #50
-RuShPB227-

Does anyone have anymore questions?
68/4500 Hyperflow 420
2001 Impulse
Voodoo Bolt
Voodoo Front Ca
Evil Back Cap
Blade
Stickies
*For Sale*
Old 01-28-2002, 09:59 AM   #51
Ebonclaw
Registered Member

Impy, I'm thinking about selling my Dark Angel 2001, I was wondering, would a Rebel make a good replacement marker?

"Accuracy by volume is still accuracy nonetheless."
Ebonclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 06:13 PM   #52
punkerx1

Send a message via AIM to punkerx1
ur silly
punkerx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 04:04 PM   #53
-RuShPB227-

Ebon, im gunna bunker yo *****! Im gunna call up the guy I sold my rebel to and bunker you with that! pahaha!
68/4500 Hyperflow 420
2001 Impulse
Voodoo Bolt
Voodoo Front Ca
Evil Back Cap
Blade
Stickies
*For Sale*
Old 01-31-2002, 05:43 AM   #54
BlinkBaller
This sucks!

Send a message via AIM to BlinkBaller
Hey, I was wondering is there a speacial type of oil you need to use for your paintball gun/rebel? Also could you tell me a little about the stock barrel because i ordered a gun and it hasnt arrived yet but I would lke to no alittle about it, thanks. Would u recomend an upgrade? Also what oz. CO2 do you use?

AT
Go young one! Go fourth and learn! Leave the mystery, turn it unto adreniline, release your fears!
BlinkBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 07:08 AM   #55
BlinkBaller
This sucks!

Exclamation

One More thing. Could you please explain the best way to oil it and the most effecient way please? Thanks

AT
Go young one! Go fourth and learn! Leave the mystery, turn it unto adreniline, release your fears!
Old 01-31-2002, 10:18 AM   #56
lbujan
S#:2981

The stock barrel is bad, better than a stock spyder/pirahna but still bad. I have two for mine, a Lapco Bigshot and a 32* Nightstix, the Nightstix is quieter and cheaper, the Bigshot though shots more accurate but it's a lot louder, I don't mind, I'm not a sound freak or anything. A friend has the 32* Precision 16' it's very nice and quiet but I find it kinda long for MY taste, he just loves it. CP's are nice too.
You can use any oil that won't eat the o-rings and will not thick under cold temperature, I use the good ol' 3-1, $1 for the little tin can It's the one that my gf uses for her sewing machine.
I think the nicest way to lube your gun it's to disamble it and oil part by part, you can put a couple of drops in the asa too, but won't lube the bolt nice (wearing the body more quickly) and if you have the delrin bolt the oil will reach it more easily. I use white lithium for the valve, but that's just me, I like to use white lithium in everything I can.
go to 32ice.com and download the manual of your marker, you will need it. Mine didn't have one, maybe the newer models have.
Recommed upgrades:
1- New barrel
2- X-chamber
3- Nice drop forward (except in the R X it already has one) Psycho ballistics drop is sweet.
4- Delrin bolt

I use a 20onz in my Rebel X, but I will recommend a 16onz (short ones) with an smartparts on/off valve. Shorter tanks help you keep your marker closer to your body, especially with a PB drop forward, it balances to sweetly.
The best thing to get instead of the x-chamber and that you could get a small nitro tank preset 850, if you have the chance to get N2/Nitro fills go that way you won't regret it!

Black Timmy - the first in Costa Rica.
lbujan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 03:28 PM   #57
-RuShPB227-

can we sticky this?
68/4500 Hyperflow 420
2001 Impulse
Voodoo Bolt
Voodoo Front Ca
Evil Back Cap
Blade
Stickies
*For Sale*
Old 02-02-2002, 01:44 PM   #58
BlinkBaller
This sucks!

Exclamation

My rebel is shooting SNOW!!!!! I need an expansion chmaber!!! Have any sugestions on them? I need one that will do the job. I dont need top of the line but an ok that will work. I can get a ACI 4 chamber for like 27.95 But its only the chamber it doesnt have the kit. I would like to buy it all at once PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

AT
Old 02-02-2002, 02:56 PM   #59
Paintball360
Dutch Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Paintball360 Send a message via AIM to Paintball360
ThePaintballstore.com sells x-chamber kits
http://www.thepaintballstore.com/aisle30.html

-Red Ironmen Matrix-
Paintball360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 06:48 AM   #60
ShutterSLug

Well I do need some help!!! My Pt Xtreme(Which is so awesome!!) has a leak near the valve(The place were the 12 gram is punctured) or at least I think it is near there. But I have oiled the gun, took it all apart and checked all o rings and they were fine! One person told me that I might need to replace a cup seal! If this would help please tell me how if you can!!!! Or do I need a new valve all together???

- The only time you will see me is when you fell 8 really sharp pinches on your back in one second!
ShutterSLug is offline   Reply With Quote